Hehehe, your hammer thread got owned.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bassario.3465

Bassario.3465

Scary mods are scary….

I personally felt there was room to contribute and never worked out if it was serious thread or troll.

Just because personally I find the 2h hammer to be my last choice for warrior build it is awfully slow and lacking mobility, thieves will run circles around you and bleed you to death… fun.

Can I axe a serious question here: Where the bleedin’ heck are 2h Axes?! C’mon guys what happened there? was there a death in the family due to random viking raid in your city or something? Really how did 2h axes get the chop here, that is one concept that should never be axed in a fantasy rpg setting.

P.S. please don’t cut my thread. Peace and love!

in Warrior

Posted by: aleiro.8521

aleiro.8521

Lol I feel a block will be inminent here

+1 for 2h axes

in Warrior

Posted by: Sami.1560

Sami.1560

get the chop here, that is one concept that should never be axed"

I tip my hat to you.

in Warrior

Posted by: tjafaas.3726

tjafaas.3726

Just FYI, the question of handling 2H axe has been asked in a reddit thread during second (or third ?) beta WE. The question was about : “Could we not have 2H axes, even with reskinning 2H swords and keeping same skills?”

I don’t remember the exact ANet reply, but it was something close to : “Why spoil the fun when you could have it with skills of their own later?”

First reaction from community was : “extension already planned spotted”, though I rather think it was a common way to say “maybe yes, maybe no”. Would be nice to have 2H axes though, true.

in Warrior

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

Haha, Warriors already have too many weapons. Then again, I’m not complaining much… except for the ability to dual wield two handed sword and two handed axe!

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Glorious puns aside, the Hammer is easily my 2nd favorite weapon. I see a lot of talk on the forums about the ability to dodge any of the moves, but people like to talk up their ability to play optimally and dodge everything in the game like pros.

You don’t just use your best abilities in order once you get in range. That’s Bull’s Charge/100B baby-town frolicks. I once approached a player in WvWvW, then started auto-attacking with all of my cooldowns up. In an attempt to get away and dodge my stuns, she rolled twice. I patiently waited, then slammed her to the ground with Backbreaker.

Most of the time, odds are the player is dodging you, not the ability. Plan better, and do better. Don’t blame the weap.

Or do blame the weap. Just don’t be surprised when you find someone eventually who destroys you with it.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Deathcarlyle.6075

Deathcarlyle.6075

Be happy we have Greatswords lol GW1 all they had was War hammers for 2h weps

in Warrior

Posted by: Bassario.3465

Bassario.3465

Be happy we have Greatswords lol GW1 all they had was War hammers for 2h weps

Guild wars 1 was a long time ago xD and for its time it was a pretty good game, probably my first to ever play online with people, so it set a great impression. Tho it was mostly about making 2 classes work together in one character and that unique synergy was why I loved it.

Here in GW2 each class has some unique perks and arguably Warrior’s biggest strength is a versatile approach to attacking through having many many weapon options. His access to more weapons is his strength, I definitely would argue it’s not banners, personally I think they threw banners in with the warrior coz they realised that without them the class would play a lot more “selfishly” compared to many of the others. Me I can always be seen running around with one in my hand for travel purposes or in huge WvWvW groups, thats about it.

At the same time when they finally give us those juicy juicy 2h axes/Polearms or whatever I have a feeling they will introduce other weapons for the other classes or something new for them, im sure they wont go adding content for one class at a time as that would screw with the balance.

But man I want axes now xD

in Warrior

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

I wish hammer was better, since that was what i, and basically every warrior used as well in gw1. The self roots make it way too clunky and unreliable. For how difficult the KD on #5 skill is to land with the windup, it should have a longer KD duration. The whole skillset needs some improvements in regards to animations/cast times. I’d love 2h axe also, but i’d rather they fix hammer first.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….