Help Me - Builds and Gear for a fresh 80

in Warrior

Posted by: Breidr.9830

Breidr.9830

Leveling went way faster than I thought it would. It seems like just yesterday I was in my mid twenties. Now I’m 74 and coming up fast. Personal Story just got real and once I get through it, I should be 80 on the other side, with some exploring in there to help.

With that said, I feel like I still don’t know how to play my warrior. It’s really awkward since I’ve made it through all this PvE, but still have no idea what I’m doing. I just picked up a leveling build from a site, changed the runes[?] to match the weapons I could find, and ran with it. It worked well enough, barring the little incident at the Cathedral of Silence.

Now I am full of aspirations. I want to do all the PvX things! Dungeons, PvP, WvW, and I want to finish my map completion, but I have no idea where to start. Gearing so far has just been what I’ve found. I have no idea what to look for end game. I’ll admit this is the first MMO I’ve made it to end game in, if I’m even there yet.

PvP seemed simple enough, I’m looking into Hambow, feel free to chime in here if you have some words of wisdom.

For the rest of the game, I have no idea. What should I bring to dungeons? opne world content seems like it would take the same stuff I’m already using, but dungeons are a whole other animal.

WvW, mostly Zerging, is something I haven’t even thought about, so I have no idea what it takes.

So, what should a new warrior bring to the party?

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Berserker gear. This is the optimum gear for all PvE content. Learn how to dodge stuff. Even Dungeons, which may seem hard right now, are actually quite easy when you learn how to dodge the important stuff. Also, if you don’t take zerk, you are crippling your party a little bit.

If you can not manage to survive in this gear just yet, take a little knight’s gear (Toughness>Power=Precision).

Until you have the nessecary means to get what you want, buy lvl 80 rares off the tp.

To get the (exotic) gear you want, there are a couple ways. You can buy it off the tp, but zerker exo gear costs like 5g buy order a piece. Another way is to run dungeons. The easiest dungeon there is to run and get zerker gear from is CoF (Citadel of Flame) imo.
If you play WvW, you get badges of honor, which you can use to buy gear with as well (along with a little gold). However, it takes quite a few badges, and you should not venture into WvW until you get a little more familiar with your warrior. Once you do, just search through the topics here to find roaming vids, or just youtube zerg vids.

If you do dungeon runs, make sure to bring Banner of Discipline unless another warrior brings it. Otherwise, take Banner of Strength. Take Endure Pain if you need the panic button. Swap out defensive utilities for offensive ones (For Great Justice, Signet of Fury) when you get more comfortable.

As for PvP, Hambow is the most popular warrior build and for good reason. Somebody posted a very nice hambow tips and tricks vid a few days ago, it should still be on the first pages of the forum here.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

(edited by Cygnus.6903)

in Warrior

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

If you’re looking for working builds for any content you can try metabattle.com

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

For dungeons use:

Traits:
6(V IX XI)
5(V X)
3(VI)

Equipment:
Full berserker armor with 6x Superior Rune of Strength
Berserker GS with Superior Sigil of the Night + Superior Sigil of Force
Axe with Superior Sigil of Force + Mace with Superior Sigil of the Night

Alternatively you could replace Sigil of the Night with Sigil of Battle or a slayer-specific one, like for example Superior Sigil of Undead Slaying.

I also use warhorn and sword offhand quite frequently depending on what I’m doing. Warhorn is best for trash mobs, mace is best for bosses, sword is best for boss when 2 dodges + whirlwind isn’t quite enough to survive and the extra block is needed.

Trinkets:
All berserker

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

The build Purple Mike gave you is pretty much the standard optimal PvE build for warrior. You can’t go wrong with that.

Another options would be Phalanx Warrior. It have less dps, but give a HUGE amount of might (once your build is complete, it will keep your party at 25 might). It’s good for non-organized group like pug.
The traits are 0/5/0/6/3 also with GS + Axe/Mace.

There is also some variation of those build for people using Pure Greatsword, or Pure Axe. They are less optimal, but can still do the job if you don’t like using GS + Axe/Mace.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Just want to clarify something about PS before anybody gets any misconceptions. It relies on strength runes and also doesn’t really generate that much more than the standard 65003 build, though the boon duration makes it last pretty long. It simply applies it to everyone around you instead of just yourself. Even in a solo setting with 65003 I frequently find myself spiking to 25 might provided I’m constantly attacking.

@Thaddeus – I’m sure you know what I said here already, but I feel like somebody might misinterpret you with “but give a HUGE amount of might”.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

No problem, i wasn’t super clear on that. Phalanx build or PS, will give might to the whole party, compared to the standard 6/5/0/0/3 that only give might to you.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD