Help building Cri hit warrior. (PVE)

in Warrior

Posted by: xGraver.4918

xGraver.4918

I’m lvl 74 warrior now and i mostly do PVE and hope to get in some dungeon action soon. I’m very new player to GW2 and its system. Latest biggest MMO i played Long time was RIFT.

After reading and watching quite many topics and YT vids i just got a head ache and did not get anywhere whit my build. Still using that old all 5 Signets build.

I’m looking for some great warrior PVE and dungeon build what dose lot of crit and dmg.
( can have some defense to but not much.)

For weapon id like to have great sword (because there’s no great axe) or dual wielding some kind of weapons.

So i would be very thankful if get a some help on whats the best or most used warrior build for that.

Thank you.

in Warrior

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

30/25/00/15 Major traits on damage
GS + Axe/something
Full Zerker. If full zerker is too hard, use some knights.

in Warrior

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

Hah full zerker. I enjoy using my pve builds in wvw solo roaming too. I’ve got a full valk’s set with cav trinkets/ascended version of cav. I hit just as hard as a berserk, have more armor, and crit for slightly less. There’s ways to build crit for war with traits and skills

in Warrior

xGraver.4918

Yeah I do see that atm looked at some 30/0/0/10/30 Build whit 102 crit build up by traits and stuff seem’s very much fun.

Just 1 thing ppl i have no idea what thous short names mean :S !!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

Yeah I do see that atm looked at some 30/0/0/10/30 Build whit 102 crit build up by traits and stuff seem’s very much fun.

Just 1 thing ppl i have no idea what thous short names mean :S !!!

valkyrie, cavalier

in Warrior

Posted by: stylo.4506

stylo.4506

When you join a dungeon group as a warrior, they expect you to do damage.

No other class compares to what warriors do PvE in terms of damage, and so gearing and traiting in other ways than Berserker (Power, Precision, Crit dmg) with Greatsword / Axe+X is somewhat considered a loss for your party.

You should definitely mix in some Toughness (through gear, not traits) so you don’t get downed as often, and once you’re comfortable you can swap the gear for Berserker’s for the added damage.

You can also go full Knight (Power, Precision, Toughness) which makes you tough as nails and deal very good damage, but you won’t crit nearly as high as a Berserker.

The important thing is that your main focus is offense, not defense, since other classes will take care of the defensive part more effective than what warriors do.

Put Sigil of Force or Accuracy on your 2hander / main hand weapon and a Sigil of Battle on your Off-hand weapon.

Put Ruby Orbs in every armor-upgrade slot (This can wait until you have a full set of Rare or Exotic gear).

So if you have the 30/0/0/10/30 traits with an Axe+Mace and a Greatsword, your skill-rotation would be:

Crushing Blow (Mace 4th skill)
Cyclone Axe (Axd 2nd skill) these two stack Vulnerability on your target

swap to Greatsword

Hundred Blades (Greatsword 2nd skill)
Whirlwind Attack (Greatsword 3rd skill)
Rush (Greatsword 5th skill)

swap back to Axe+Mace
repeat

Remember the Warrior code: ‘Kill before getting killed’.

Hope this helps.

in Warrior

xGraver.4918

Thank you very much. That’s the guide i was looking for. It told me everything i needed. I just now need a guild to join.

in Warrior

Molch.2078

I think, If your not part of an organized Team, 30/25/0/0/15 is superior to 30/0/0/10/30.

Forcefull GS is insane strong. If you have enought might already, 30/0… is ofc better.

in Warrior

stylo.4506

Not a big fan of the 30/25, as it gives you condition damage (which you won’t need)

you don’t get the 100 vitality and 150 power (which could be seen as 6 free stacks of might) from Tactics

you don’t get the 20% faster Axe skill recharge (!!! this trait is sick) nor the 15% extra crit chance.

You can get up to 12 or 13 stacks of might by yourself, and if 4 other people can’t give you 10 more stacks then…. somehow get them to do it ^^

(edited by stylo.4506)

in Warrior

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

What traits do you choose stylo? Im guessing this works well for cof p1. I know you said 30/0/0/10/30. Are you taking duel wielding,slashing power, and berserksers might in the strength line?

Are you taking empowered in the tactics line?

And are you running signet mastery, sharpened axes, and heightened focus in the discipline line?

also what utilities if you dont mind me asking? Seems a lot of people bring banner of discipline, For great justice, and shake it off, and signet of stamina?

Thanks

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

in Warrior

Posted by: Forgotten One.6389

Forgotten One.6389

For great justice is a must. 3 might stacks 100% of the time.

Bring banner of discipline only if people besides yourself are going to pick it up and use the “2” skill. If done so, the group can have fury pretty much100% of the time. Other wise the banner that gives power is about the same.

The third utility you bring should be a stun breaker. Whatever one you want to take.

The elite should be signet of rage for the buffs it gives on use… Hardly anyone cares about the adrenaline gen it gives.

in Warrior

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Thanks @Forgotten One.

Anybody have any Idea what trait skills to take?

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

in Warrior

stylo.4506

Those are the traits, yes.

Utilities:

For Great Justice
Banner Of Discipline/Strength
Signet of Precision/Might/Endure Pain
Signet of Rage/Warbanner

For Great Justice is a must have IMO, the other three can be swapped out situationally.

Endure Pain is also kind of a must, but if you know the fights then you can be without it most of the time.

Preferably run with a guardian who can remove conditions so you won’t have to use a slot for Shake It Off. Otherwise just kill them before you die from conditions ^^

in Warrior

stylo.4506

You can also run pure Axe+Axe / Mace, Shield or Warhorn, so instead of Slashing Power put Axe Mastery.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Axe/Mace – Greatsword for 30/25/0/0/15
Axe/Mace – Whatever for 30/0/0/10/30

Greatsword damage only beats Axe auto attack if you consistently land every hit of hundred blades, and collect roughly at least 10k damage on Whirlwind. Anything less and you’re better off just spamming Axe auto attack and using Cyclone Axe, Mace 4# and 5# (hits twice for big damage) whenever they’re off cooldown without interrupting your auto attack chain.

Also note that the +15% crit chance buff from Heightened Focus is inaccurate. I’m fairly convinced its still +9% as it was originally if it even buffs you at all (Effect doesn’t display on the stat page and the supposed crit rate boost is more of a placebo effect.)

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Also note that the +15% crit chance buff from Heightened Focus is inaccurate. I’m fairly convinced its still +9% as it was originally if it even buffs you at all (Effect doesn’t display on the stat page and the supposed crit rate boost is more of a placebo effect.)

Is you conviction based on a gut feeling? Or have you actually been in a situation where you did not crit when you should have?

Because if you ask me, testing a hypothesis like yours isn’t too easy. Granted, you can always go to sPvP and smack around things with 86-90% crit rate and get within a 99.999% confidence or something, but whether that’s conclusive proof is up to debate.

in Warrior

Molch.2078

Is you conviction based on a gut feeling? Or have you actually been in a situation where you did not crit when you should have?

Because if you ask me, testing a hypothesis like yours isn’t too easy. Granted, you can always go to sPvP and smack around things with 86-90% crit rate and get within a 99.999% confidence or something, but whether that’s conclusive proof is up to debate.

I just tried that in PvP. 65% critchanche + fury + HF = 100%, but you won’t crit always. Bug Wars 2

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I just tried that in PvP. 65% critchanche + fury + HF = 100%, but you won’t crit always. Bug Wars 2

Just to clarify, you did your test with full adrenaline, right?

in Warrior

Molch.2078

Just to clarify, you did your test with full adrenaline, right?

Ofcourse

in Warrior

Posted by: Forgotten One.6389

Forgotten One.6389

It’s been tested, and confirmed that both adrenaline holding buffs are in fact still at old values. I do not know if this has changed, but that’s what I last heard.

I highly recommend using great sword over axes. The axe play style makes me want to cry when I play it, even if its better dps.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

^ It’s not a choice of Greatsword over Axe, it’s a choice of using them both over just the Axe. If you’re purely using the Greatsword then I’ve got some bad news for you….

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Warrior

Posted by: lokone.3597

lokone.3597

Hi, first my build.

For bersek i use GS/axe+somthing preffer mace or axe, 30/10/0/10/20 berseker+ogre+signet of dmg%

just MHO ^^

at warrior sinergys and survability : i go for power, vit, crit dmg and atack speed but dont go over 50% crit% full buff because power and vitality are priotity over crit%, and, warriors and necros have the best HP of the game, testing toughnes but if more toughnes work better on warrior game is broken from he base stats-lore relationship because that HP advantage should to be used to aniquilate the foes to the death without defense, like a bersek does

i go that if i dont know every detail of the dungeon or have a very nice party supporting my defense and controling the foes.

now read if u want to know why i chosse that over TOP crit%. If u dont i’ll be happy anyways

at 100%-120% crit chance (taking advantage from low level precision scale with signets builds for fast level), we have saw that we dont always crits.

as we all know this, we have to build according to that and not go blindly for precision. wich is useles over 70% crit %

with full bersek+ogre+fury (not ascended jelwery nor adrenaline trait) u reach 62%crit wich is over the breakpoint at wich you do nearly all the hits crit. (60% at most games i have played, aion,diablo, at gw1 warriors only had 14-19% at 10-14 atrib points) dont need more crit%.

You can go for TOP crit% if you want do just a little bit more crits.

there is clearly some kind of Diminishing Return or that crit% is not added linearly but stats window are adding it.

who knows……?

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Not a big fan of the 30/25, as it gives you condition damage (which you won’t need)

I’m currently using a great sword with a superior sigil of blood lust, but am considering swapping to another GS (when the stacks have reached 25), with a sigil of earth. That way, using 30 25 0 0 15 instead of 30 x x x 30, I’d have a 10% additional damage with Attack of Opportunity, since most of my targets would always be bleeding anyway.