Help choosing a Race...

Help choosing a Race...

in Warrior

Posted by: Rage Cube.4573

Rage Cube.4573

Hi!

Alright I am almost done with my kudzu and I am looking to make this character one of the following but cannot decide.

Try and imagine the backs and colors as interchangeable… Wanted to show everything I was thinking without really creating a lot of images.

What I like about both.

Human: The way the shoulders are angled on the side looks a lot better than the way they are angled on top for the Sylvari. Also the wings (mostly because of the shoulder angle) end up looking a lot nicer from the front. Also I can use the boots without any clipping problems (the boots having clipping problems with the pants on sylvari however I get a huge discoloration issue when using the boots). I would probably go with light of dwayna with human.

Sylvari: I really like everything lorewise about sylvari, from a story perspective I love playing one. I also feel like the nature of kudzu being super planty on the planty race feels “right”. I would probably end up going with the rose backpiece if I went with the sylvari.

Looking for other’s opinions on the two looks…
~Thanks

Attachments:

Help choosing a Race...

in Warrior

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

“Guys, what do I like the most?”

We don’t know.

Help choosing a Race...

in Warrior

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

I like the sylvari a lot more, especially with kudzu. But im not a huge fan of the wings and shoulders with the rest of that set. I’d try and get nightmare armor instead of the noble pieces.

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Help choosing a Race...

in Warrior

Posted by: Rage Cube.4573

Rage Cube.4573

“Guys, what do I like the most?”

We don’t know.

Don’t have to be rude was just looking to get other’s opinions. Typing “sylvari 15char.” would have sufficed.

I like the sylvari a lot more, especially with kudzu. But im not a huge fan of the wings and shoulders with the rest of that set. I’d try and get nightmare armor instead of the noble pieces.

I tried nightmare… I really don’t like nightmare heavy armor :/. It looks empty? Thanks for the response tho.

Help choosing a Race...

in Warrior

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

You’re playing a warrior you’ll never use any of the racial skills in WvW or PvE. Needless to say, pick a race and armor set that you’ll like.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Help choosing a Race...

in Warrior

Posted by: J Night.3468

J Night.3468

Human. unless you really have a thing for vegetables..

Embrace the darkness..

Help choosing a Race...

in Warrior

Posted by: Evogrin.6027

Evogrin.6027

Hmm… Well I will say this: There are wayyyyy more human warriors than Sylvari. But I think that is because the Sylvari race can seem a bit limited at times.
So if you are looking for a race you will always be happy with, pick human. But if you wanna be more unique, choose Sylvari

I myself have settled on a Sylvari warrior, after lvling both a Human and Asura warrior to 80. (kept the Asura)

//Evogrin-80 Ele//Karostt- 80 Guardian//
Axanas Kamai- 80 Warrior//
[HB], Blackgate!

Help choosing a Race...

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

The answer is clearly Norn. Norn is always the best choice.

Real answer: If you’re absolutely sure you don’t want to make a Norn, my vote is human. The voice actor for the male humans is the same guy who did Nathan Drake from Uncharted, and their one-liners are usually fairly trollish which makes me giggle.

Help choosing a Race...

in Warrior

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

In WvW the racial elite of the Norn can provide some serious troll moments. Ever had a Warrior disappear into stealth as he was losing? Norn can, and it’s extremely annoying. I wish I had made my Sylvari a Norn instead. Just to troll a group as I was going down to disappear as if I was a thief. Sheesh!

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

Help choosing a Race...

in Warrior

Posted by: madamred.1463

madamred.1463

In WvW the racial elite of the Norn can provide some serious troll moments. Ever had a Warrior disappear into stealth as he was losing? Norn can, and it’s extremely annoying. I wish I had made my Sylvari a Norn instead. Just to troll a group as I was going down to disappear as if I was a thief. Sheesh!

hey that’s awesome! going for that

Help choosing a Race...

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Oh yeah, Snow Leopard form can be super trollish that way. I’ve also seen the flip side where they pop it way out in the distance, stealth + rush a target, and just revert to normal and decimate their target before they can react. It’s pretty majestic to see.

Help choosing a Race...

in Warrior

Posted by: Maketso.5602

Maketso.5602

I would go for the Sylvari, looks better imo.