Help for a noob warrior - stats

in Warrior

Posted by: Incipit.3018

Incipit.3018

Hello I’ve just came back to Guild wars 2 after 2 years break. I have level 80 warrior and I dont know what stuff should I buy to upgrade my gear. I’m running mostly on Cursed shore and Silverwastes + some WvW. I’m using greatsword + bow and most of my items are power/toughness/vitality but I have no idea is it good for warrior. Maybe power/precision/ferocity would be better for me? I have also problem with runes and sigils because I have no idea what I should buy. Oh currently I have 100gold so it should be enough to buy some start gear. I appreciate for all your help.

(edited by Incipit.3018)

in Warrior

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I’m really not the best person to give this kind of advice, so please take what I say with that grain of salt in mind…

As far as WvW goes, there’s a ton of threads in this section with people posting their builds, roaming videos, and discussing feedback… digging in those threads would be a good place to start answering your WvW questions.

Your soldier’s gear gives you a good base-line defense to start tweaking your gear to fit your needs.

If you want to go for more DPS, you can start switching out for pieces of Berzerker’s Gear (pow, pre, fer)… This gear tends to be very popular in all modes, so last time I checked it was still kinda spendy on the TP… another means you can utilize is the karma merchant Keeper Jonez located in the Cursed Shore at the Cathedral of Silence… he sells exotic zerk gear for karma.

If you want to go for more sustain, then some pieces cleric’s gear (HP, Pow, Tou) can help there with the current iteration of Adrenal Health trait. Exotic Cleric gear can also be found at the the karma merchant Historian Vermoth located in Malichor’s Leap at the Cathedral of Zephyrs if you don’t want to buy it off the TP.

If you want to try and add more condi damage, but still keep high physical damage, you can start with some Carrion pieces (Con, Pow, Vit) which can be bought of the TP, and eventually switch them out for Sinister (Con, Pow, Pre) when you can get your hands on it. For this style of hybrid in WvW I think the popular choice is mace/shield (utilizing the Distracting Strikes trait), whereas you’ll find sword/x good in PvE. Hybrid builds are especially good if you plan on going with the berzerker trait line.

There’s also the 4 trait-bonus HoT gear, but I haven’t touched it enough to make any claims about its desirability to use.

Sigils and runes will greatly depend on how your build develops. There have been a couple threads recently in this sub-forum discussing sigils, and I’m sure there are plenty more on the following pages. If you don’t trait for condi-cleanse (Cleansing Ire, Versatile Rage, etc), then I highly suggest you make at least one of your sigils a condi-cleanse. Rune of the Trooper is also good in this area, too, if you’re running a shout build. Imo there’s no such thing as too much condi-cleanse, ymmv.

The runes are going to be heavily dependent on what traits and gear you wind up with too… so reasonably-priced suggestions for this is hard… I tried making a list, and it wound up so long and diverse that I felt it wasn’t helpful.

After you’ve started figuring out the gear/traits you want to use, that’s the time to start looking into runes and sigils, imo.

Oh, and I also recommend making sure you have some sort of perma-speed buff… either through the Warrior’s Sprint trait, or the Rune of Speed, or the Rune of the Traveler.

I hope you find some of this helpful.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

in Warrior

Posted by: Incipit.3018

Incipit.3018

Thanks for the long answer friend. I wanted to buy berserker’s gear from the auction house but it was too expensive for me so I bought devona armor set with same statistics like berserker but worse look. I bought accessories from vendor in Cursed shore and an amulet from Laurel vendor in Divinity Reach. It’s good to know that I can spend that extra karma for cool gear! Movement speed isn’t big problem for me so I am not going to invest money in rune of speed. I did a small research and most of the warriros maximize their dps by investing everything in superior rune of strength to gain extra might. Definitely I am going to try some dungeons or raids so I want to have as highest dps I can get. I only need like 20 points to fully unlock berserker tier and should I use 1hand weapon/torch?

Edit: I screwed up by buying accessories instead of armor because I would save a bit of gold because armor piece is like 2/3 gold more expensive than ring. I hope that devona armor will be also good :/

(edited by Incipit.3018)

in Warrior

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Runes of and Sigil of Strength are definitely desirable in dungeons/raids… especially (and importantly) when you trait Phalanx Strength. Other runes to consider in this vein are Hoelbrak, or Fire (good w/ King of Fires trait).

1-handed/torch is only good if you’ve got the condi stat to back it up. But, berserker trait line is definitely worth using even if you don’t use torches or condi stat. Berserk + Adrenal Health is a beautiful thing.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)