Help me fall in love with the warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Anka.3675

Anka.3675

I have a low level warrior that I just can’t seem to get into, despite me trying quite hard. I feel squishy and clumsy and to top it off the damage feels lackluster. The image of a wet noodle in a paperbag comes to mind. So, please, suggest to me a couple of PVE leveling builds. And since they are leveling builds, I’d like if traits are partitioned in what they would look like at lvl 30 and 60 (If I haven’t get enough of a feel by then I think I’m a hopless case)

I would prefer a build using mainhand sword. It simply feels more right.

in Warrior

Posted by: numbAIR.7592

numbAIR.7592

took this SS 17 ago when i was pure dps build

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

Not sure what your level now, but assuming start with level 1:

Step 1. get healing signet asap, again awesome early game.

Step 2. first 10 trait pts all into Arm, pick up Deep Strike, invest all skill pts gain in between this time to signets.

Step 3. next 10 trait pts into Strength, get Berserker’s Power.

Step 4. next 10 trait pts into Discipline, get Heightened Focus.

Step 5. after reseting, 15pt into defense, then repeat step 2- 4.

After that, start put points whereever you see fit.

This is leveling build I go for, not saying its good for late game, but works great up to 60, even with under level gears.

After that, I crafted all the way to 80 for my warrior, so not sure how last 20 levels go.

in Warrior

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

Numb, why are you blanking out your skillbar? Especially the primary slots? Some people….

If you can’t get into it, it’s probably not for you. The only reason I play Warrior is because I like the aesthetic and identity of being one. As far as builds go, it’s rather mediocre and boring. Most people who play them for the builds are just spamming HB and stacking might, and such. If you really, really like seeing a bigger number than other people can create, I guess you might like the class? I’ve never cared about that, and have a low opinion of people who do obsess over it, so I’m the wrong person to ask about that.

I guess just try things you haven’t tried. Unless you like min-maxing or (like me) just being a Warrior archetype, it’s a rather boring class, compared to the others.

in Warrior

Posted by: numbAIR.7592

numbAIR.7592

Plague.5329

Numb, why are you blanking out your skillbar? Especially the primary slots?

-.-
at first i decided to blank out chat but then i figured i could also blank out utility belt then thought to my self why should i show my low hp so i blank it and the skill bar was just for esthetics

Anka.3675

I feel squishy and clumsy and to top it off the damage feels lackluster

yup pretty much that’s warrior in w3

pve is fine just get more lvls and you will see things dropping really quick

in Warrior

Posted by: sogekii.2586

sogekii.2586

I’ll also black out mine then =P Check the combatlog.

Warrior has one of the best sustained DPS in the game IMHO.

Also check out my video for WvW action. Its at least a sample of what kind of damage a Warrior is capable of in WvW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru_rXq2LYg0&feature=plcp

Attachments:

One shot… One kill…
Sogekii Hei [DiE] [APM] [TNO]

(edited by sogekii.2586)

in Warrior

Posted by: Shadowscamp.8065

Shadowscamp.8065

No one can make you love.

Hah.

But in all honesty, it depends on what kind of fighting you like doing. Warrior is.. Reactive. You leap about hitting things, you dodge, you pressure people. If you see big moves, you block, you dodge, you CC them. If you see an opportunity and you have one of the bursty weapons, you take it. (Keep in mind, this is not GS playstyle)

That said, warrior skills aren’t the most “interesting”. You’re a warrior. You use your body, you jump, you whack things. You don’t really have flashy moves. If you like flashy, the warrior may not be for you. Try a guardian or a mesmer. I love the warrior for the aesthetic. I like taking out people by hacking at them with an axe. I like sitting in the middle of 20 people with a shield up. I like getting on one knee and taking out a target with a rifle. All of those things are SO much fun to me, but may not be to you. It all depends.

If you want builds for leveling up, you probably won’t find one very good one, since a lot of builds rely on Grandmaster traits (healing, last chance, etc). Healing signet is a must for leveling, but falls off later. You may want to try greatsword for leveling. It has the highest DPS in PvE if you trait into it, I think. But play with all the weapons. You may find a set you like more than all the rest. I switched my preferred set 3 times.

Qoo ~

Quaggan may or may not like you ~

in Warrior

Posted by: pahldus.1678

pahldus.1678

Step 2. first 10 trait pts all into Arm, pick up Deep Strike, invest all skill pts gain in between this time to signets.

This is leveling build I go for, not saying its good for late game, but works great up to 60, even with under level gears.

After that, I crafted all the way to 80 for my warrior, so not sure how last 20 levels go.

This is pretty much the method I used all the way to 80, but once I hit 80 I switched to a toughness/healing shouts build. I think it is viable from 60 on.

in Warrior

Posted by: Anka.3675

Anka.3675

Thanks. I’ll give this a whirl.

in Warrior

Posted by: Monki.5012

Monki.5012

I used and still use Sword/Axe.

Pull some mobs, jump right in, axe4, FGJ, Sword burst, Axe5, some autohits, sword burst.
(for more advanced or sturdy mobs switch to Longbow after, used burstfield around you and the mob, use bow3 ontop of you, gain mightstacks, switch to melee again and bash some more heads with the refreshed sword burst.)

Everything hit should be dead by now or at least almost. Pull as many mobs you can handle and have a fun time grinding yourself to lvl 80 during heartsquests. Put in a Sigill of Movement or what its name is and get swiftness for every mob killed stacking in duration… in the right area this can be permaactive and is a great help speeding up stuff,.

I wont suggest using signet built if you want to fall in love with warrior because its plain boring. Powerfull yes but just boring and if you get used to it too much you will hurt your party if you do Multiplayer events or dungeons.

(edited by Monki.5012)