Help me understand this damage log

in Warrior

Posted by: Cymric.7368

Cymric.7368

So I downed a necro while his warrior friend is mining stuff a few meter away. I started to stomp and suddenly I was downed in less than a sec and stomped and the warrior went back to mining that node.

I am mainly puzzled by why blade trail can hit me 3 times in a row and how the bladetrail fly so fast that it hit me in between the whirlwind attack. Does frenzy increase the flight speed of the blade trail?

All these damage happen in a second when I stop attacking and try to stomp. I was poping my F4 invul abt 1 sec into the stomp to negate the necro #2 fear but did not even manage to get it out before I was downed.

Attachments:

(edited by Cymric.7368)

in Warrior

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

were up against a wall or something? but that does look fun

in Warrior

Posted by: ketorin.5923

ketorin.5923

u were probably up against a wall

its a gimmick trick that only works in perfect situations like against a wall or gate or something

Warrior – Fort Aspenwood

in Warrior

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

On a side note, that 100b was quite hurtful, are you running around naked?

little big wizard – Eu

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

u were probably up against a wall

its a gimmick trick that only works in perfect situations like against a wall or gate or something

No that’s how whirl works. He only took 2 hits from whirl. Bladetrail stops entirely if it encounters a wall.

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Bladetrail is bugged and hits 3 times sometimes. It should only hit 2 times, whirlwind 2 hits are normal and 100b is hitting you real hard, you upscaled or something?

Bladetrail does stop after hitting an object or terrain.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

There’s 9 hits of 100B, 100B only hits 8 times. Therefore, there were two warriors. Also, what the hell is up with that damage? ~25k is over double a usual 100B.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

in Warrior

Cymric.7368

@CMstorm.8679
No, I wasn’t up against a wall. I was out in the open, ~300 range from the warrior.

@MiLkZz.4789
Thats interesting info, didn’t know that. Maybe I should /bug it

I am running full berserker with only some toughness from runes. Active defense usage is how I survive, so its important to me to understand how various skills work. Kill or be killed, split second decision and reaction, that’s what make the fights exciting for me

Edit:
@Larynx.2453
I am sure there is only 1 warrior. Maybe its the final hit?

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

@Larynx.2453

I might be misunderstanding the tooltip, but it says it strikes 8 times. It might just be that the final strike isn’t counted, yeah.

in Warrior

Player Character.9467

@Larynx.2453

I might be misunderstanding the tooltip, but it says it strikes 8 times. It might just be that the final strike isn’t counted, yeah.

8x regular dmg
1x double dmg
9 hits

in Warrior

Posted by: AtoBoss.2906

AtoBoss.2906

full zerker warr prob

Holycowow

in Warrior

Player Character.9467

full zerker warr prob

Ya… I’ve run full zerker warrior in WvW, you don’t just randomly pull 30k 100b’s out of nowhere in wvw. This guy must have NO armor.

in Warrior

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

Ya… I’ve run full zerker warrior in WvW, you don’t just randomly pull 30k 100b’s out of nowhere in wvw. This guy must have NO armor.

ye he said he goes around full zerker

little big wizard – Eu

(edited by atreyu.9624)

in Warrior

Posted by: DontJudgeMe.3958

DontJudgeMe.3958

Seems like, as said before, you got unlucky with the blade trail and encountered a bug. It shouldn’t hit 3 times. That might have to do something with the timing between his blade trail and whirlwind attack. (he whirlwinds over you as the blade comes back to him and somehow you got hit a 3rd time)
After it you got hit by momentous strike, which is probably damage from a dodge as he uses the dodge to close the gap between you and him.
After that you take the full 100b in the face.
While the downed necro is still attacking you with his weak attacks.

Hope I got the scenario a bit right from the battle log

Lesson: Dodge away from 100b’s.

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Yup bladetrail is bugged, I did 5! hits with it on a running target. It was almost a max range one, going a bit past him and back. Combine that with running away and that might explain why it hit 5 times.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Edit:
@Larynx.2453

I can see two warriors, Kaineng Soldier and Kaineng Recruit, although the bladetrail hits all came from a single warrior which implies bug to me (1 on way through, 1 on way back, 3rd hit how?).

On a side note, what build/class are you running? Glassy as kitten, just my kinda build, I want to try it.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in Warrior

Player Character.9467

Edit:
@Larynx.2453

I can see two warriors, Kaineng Soldier and Kaineng Recruit, although the bladetrail hits all came from a single warrior which implies bug to me (1 on way through, 1 on way back, 3rd hit how?).

On a side note, what build/class are you running? Glassy as kitten, just my kinda build, I want to try it.

… Kaineng Recruit is a downed necromancer
life leech
life leech
life leech
life leech
life leech

also some1 is running… ogre runes?

in Warrior

Cymric.7368

Thanks for all the replies, certainly learn something new.

@DontJudgeMe.3958
Ice wurm: 1123
Blade trail: 9327
Whirlwind: 5717
I only have 16k hp, so its already gg the moment I did not F4 in time and eat all those damage before the 100 blade.

@Writetyper.1985
Its a typical mesmer 20/20/0/0/30 greatsword and sword/sword build with decoy, mirror images and blink as utilities and mass invis as elite. Not sure if I would recommend it to anyone, a lot of active defense, but very little margin for error.

@Player Character.9467
Thats a flesh golem.

in Warrior

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Thanks for all the replies, certainly learn something new.

@DontJudgeMe.3958
Ice wurm: 1123
Blade trail: 9327
Whirlwind: 5717
I only have 16k hp, so its already gg the moment I did not F4 in time and eat all those damage before the 100 blade.

@Writetyper.1985
Its a typical mesmer 20/20/0/0/30 greatsword and sword/sword build with decoy, mirror images and blink as utilities and mass invis as elite. Not sure if I would recommend it to anyone, a lot of active defense, but very little margin for error.

@Player Character.9467
Thats a flesh golem.

Wait, if you’re a mesmer did you get hit by the blade trail then blink into it, getting hit again, before the 3rd hit on the way back?

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in Warrior

Cymric.7368

Nope, I was stationary, stomping the necro.