Help with GS / Rifle Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Jakkson.4076

Jakkson.4076

Hi,

Since the current SPVP Meta is boring as hell to play; I’ve recently resolved myself to play builds I could actually have some fun playing; although they might not always be the top builds for its specific class.

I love big numbers; the high risk / reward type of build and I came across the GS and Rifle warrior build. I although didn’t want to be all glass cannon and traded some numbers for some survivability and found myself to enjoy SPVP again with the below build. Please feel free to comment and make your suggestions as I would love to hear some feedback!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJARUjMd0FaVI2dwJaAmgCZnPBHX7AQ9T85LBA-TpBFwACuAAIOEAOOCAt2foaZAAPAAA

I’m able to deal with conditions, still hit like a truck and pick what kind of encounter I want…attack from a distance…or jump in the fight (Pop Endure pain) and wack away…

The GS also gives me great mobility to travel map or flee as required…

Don’t hate the player hate the game

(edited by Jakkson.4076)

in Warrior

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

It can work. Problem will be conditions. Maybe use signet of stamina?

Reason being your burst skills are hard to hit and activate cleansing ire

The patch will buff this though with AoE Arcing Slice being a better source of cleansing

in Warrior

Jakkson.4076

Yeah thanks…I will try trading signets and see the impact on the DPS…

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Since the current SPVP Meta is boring as hell to play; I’ve recently resolved myself to play builds I could actually have some fun playing; although they might not always be the top builds for its specific class.

I understand the feeling! As a matter of fact, I’ve been running lots of non-meta builds, and there’s a lot of fun to be found in that. And the non-meta builds can sometimes be very lethal

I love big numbers; the high risk / reward type of build and I came across the GS and Rifle warrior build. I although didn’t want to be all glass cannon and traded some numbers for some survivability and found myself to enjoy SPVP again with the below build. Please feel free to comment and make your suggestions as I would love to hear some feedback!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJARUjMd0FaVI2dwJaAmgCZnPBHX7AQ9TUFLBA-TpBFwACuAAIOEAOOCAt2foaZAAPAAA

It’s pretty nice. Here’s some food for thought:

• Your choice of utilities makes sense. Personally though, I’d also consider using the Bull’s Charge to control the opponent for the Hundred Blades, and/or Fear Me, which I found works nicely with the rifle (either for the burst or to keep people away). Not an easy decision, because I like your setup very much as well.
  • Your investing 6 points in Discipline seems a bit too much, as you only do so for the Killshot, which you’re not likely to activate easily, nor often. I’d keep 4, and redistribute the extra two points to gain Attack of Opportunity and Armored Attack. Also, I’d probably take Destruction of the Empowered instead of Signet Mastery, as people usually have tons of boons, and you only trait the Signet of Rage.
  • Your choice of sigils is fine too, although I’d probably trade one offensive sigil on the Greatsword for the sigil of Hydromancy – as having a chill when switching to melee can give you the edge when engaging.

Regards.

in Warrior

Jakkson.4076

Thanks a ton for the feedback! The Signet Mastery was a mistake I do take Destruction of the Empowered…

I will try taking point out of Discipline and follow your suggestions…makes total sense…as landing Kill Shot is pretty hard unless you always plan on joining already ongoing fights to gain the edge…

Never actually tried Hydromancy sigil…will give it a try as well!

But isn’t Bulls Charge and HB a bit predictable? I find my better use of HB is when I pop Endure Pain and just wreck people trying to get a res up…or in a cluster of ennemies when they dont expect me to charge in…

(edited by Jakkson.4076)

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Never actually tried Hydromancy sigil…will give it a try as well!

It’s quite nice as long as the opponent does not have condition immunity. It does require that you switch weapon when in melee, otherwise the enemy might be out of range. In my current berserker setup, I use sword#2 to leap to the enemy, crippling, then switch to the axe, proccing the chill, and eviscerate.

But isn’t Bulls Charge and HB a bit predictable? I find my better use of HB is when I pop Endure Pain and just wreck people trying to get a res up…or in a cluster of ennemies when they dont expect me to charge in…

Pretty cool. Also, players must want to come and melee you when you snipe them, especially if you manage to repel them with rifle #5. Your greeting them with Endure Pain and Hundred Blades can be quite a good response, I bet.

About the combo: it is indeed pretty well-known among players, and can be dodged easily if you see it coming. As such, I believe it should not be used as an opener, and when used, mostly at about 600 range. However, during the fight, I’ve found out that it lands quite effectively, as players become more concerned with their cool-downs, conditions and endurance management. Also, Bull’s Charge alone is pretty nice to engage/disengage swiftly.

Now, Bull’s Charge is absolutely not a must-have skill in your bar. As a matter of fact, if you want to try new skills, I’d suggest you first give a chance to Fear Me: I use it to push people against obstacles and burst them, to push opponents away before rezzing/stomping, and to prepare for the Kill Shot (the time they react and break stun, the channeling is mostly done and the shot fires).

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Definitely try Fear Me.

The funniest thing to ever do in this game is Fear Me > Killshot then hope they walk off a ledge with the remaining fear.

Btw, I’d argue to keep using Burst Mastery. With the new changes coming, you will save yourself a bar of adrenaline if you miss. And if you do hit, you could potentially follow up with a GS burst.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.