Heya! needed advice for warrior build GS.

in Warrior

Posted by: Serenade.7352

Serenade.7352

hi, newbie here. Just started playing a warrior norn until level 41 with this build http://www.gw2build.com/builds/pve-solo-group-6055.html

which i found out, that since the updated patch, it is actually outdate

the berserker power is not for adept traits anymore and after that i got confuse searching and reading all those guides. So im not sure anymore if im on the right path to deal out major damage while surviving the pve quest or dungeon.

my main weapon is the GS and for switching to other weapon, im thinking of either bow or rifle but not sure myself. Any advice?

im not interested in using axe because my friend are already using it… Im trying to find a build that is good for my GS for Pve/dungeon, and solo or group.

Im confused as to what to put in my major traits since the latest patch is different now and much of the warrior guide are based on old patch. So any advice on that part is really helpful.

Is it good for me to go full signet? or should i use any skills?

for equipment, what weapon upgrade should i put into my GS? and also my armor and my trinkets? im kinda confused whether to out a trinket upgrade component which contains either power, vitality or precision.

Thank you for reading my post and sorry to waste your valuable time, i really need some help on my toon.

(edited by Serenade.7352)

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

30/25/0/0/15 will maximize your Greatsword damage. You get a 15% damage boost from Berserker’s Power, 10% Greatsword damage boost from Slashing Power. 1 stack of Might every time you crit for 5 seconds. 10% damage to bleeding foes. Finally 15% extra crit damage from the Discipline Line.

The 10 point trait you pick in Strength and Discipline is up to you, I personally like trait III in Strength since I don’t dual wield (Hammer off-set), and VI in Discipline.

As for utility skills, when there’s a group I run For Great Justice, Banner of Strength, Banner of Discipline, and Battle Standard. This is mostly for dungeons. If you’re running with your friend and he’s a Warrior, I recommend y’all both taking For Great Justice and On My Mark, one person with Banner of Strength, and one with Discipline. Can use Signet of Rage for your elite in the open world

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: stone cold.8609

stone cold.8609

From what I’ve seen, there are 2 DPS PvE Warrior specs that are commonly used, the 30/15/0/0/15 (as Grok Krog outlined above) and the 30/0/0/10/30 that takes Heightened Focus in Discipline. I’ve used both since the patch and find them to be very comparable for soloing and PUGing dungeons (but I usually run A/M + GS). The second build should give slightly more DPS in an organized group I’ve been told. Since you are not using axes, I think the first build will work better for you.

For a ranged weapon for PvE, I like LB better. The F1 skill works very well since the mobs will sit in the fire field the entire time and take full damage. As a warrior you have a naturally high health pool, so I’d take as much Bezerker stat items as you feel comfortable with. Either full zerk, or maybe Knights stats armor with zerk trinkets/weapons. Ruby orbs/jewels are a cheap way to get good DPS. I tend to like the flat stat bonus weapon sigils like force or accuracy.

in Warrior

Posted by: Serenade.7352

Serenade.7352

thank you so much for the quick reply and very detailed information thank you and thank you so much!!!!

im alrdy level 50 should still be using the 5 signet?? for pve and quest… or should i use some active skill like stated by Grog Krog?