High level fotm question

High level fotm question

in Warrior

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I’m currently wearing mostly knight armor with sodier rune. Spec is 20/20/0/30/0.

My question is for high level fotm should I focus more on surviving? Should I get the soldier ascended ring for more vitality? Or is high level fotm still easy enough that you can survive using crit gear with low vitality.

High level fotm question

in Warrior

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

Have some vitality, but don’t focus on it.An average level.The main thing that will down you in high levels is agony, and it’s been said a lot of times – agony does % health damage.

So, it won’t matter if you have 30k hp or 20k – an agony hit will still take you 80-90% hp.
Mix average vitality and toughness, and focus on learning to dodge the boss’ mechanics since most of them are a bit telegraphed(easy to spot if you’re looking carefully). Never focus on only tank or only dps – you won’t be doing your team a favor.

High level fotm question

in Warrior

Posted by: Kazin.2073

Kazin.2073

Don’t lisen to this guy, he has no knowledge on high end fractals.

You need to have full berserker gear for high end fractals. Increasing your damage by 2-3 times is alot stronger then being able to take 1 more hit (from some sources, most will take the same number of hits to begin with)

You will be forced to use range more and more as the monsters hit harder, rely on correct positioning and dodge rolls for survivability

High level fotm question

in Warrior

Ivanov.8914

Are you being sarcastic, or just plain stupid?…

High level fotm question

in Warrior

Posted by: Kazin.2073

Kazin.2073

Obvious troll is obvious

High level fotm question

in Warrior

Ivanov.8914

I was perfectly serious for everything I said – average level of toughness and vitality, and all else for damage.
Do you mind explaining how you reached to the conclusions that you have?Maybe something different than saying I have no knowledge, then repeating things I said…

High level fotm question

in Warrior

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

Would you mind defining “high level”? Which level is “high level”?

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

High level fotm question

in Warrior

Posted by: White.6193

White.6193

I’m at level 41 and I run full zerker and healing shouts. Agony is %hp damage, and heals are (fairly) static. Tbh, one of the better builds you can run is clerics gear with healing shouts. You get power and healing power to help scale up your heals a little and not lose too much power.

Running tank build is a bad idea just because you have tons of hp and no way to heal it. 31k hp and your heals do what, 6-7k? Bad. Take it from guardians, with their 15k hp pool and massive heals and regen, that’s the way to survive later fractals. Obviously i’m assuming you know to dodge the agony.

High level fotm question

in Warrior

Posted by: mizaru.1385

mizaru.1385

Hmm Hey white, quick qns. What build/weapons are u using?

Was thinking of doing a cleric’s build with healing shouts, and going hammer/mace etc but not sure if its a gd idea for fractals.