High telegraphed ... Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

in a serious 1v1 duel, my warrior is just like an open book to every skilled enemy , bull charge, shield bash, earthshaker, eviscerate, savage leap, Rush and so on, get dodged so easy!! , it gets frustrating that other professions can instant attack leaving less or no chance at all to evade while warrior cant do the same.

what do you think ?

in Warrior

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

You can attack more than the enemy can dodge. If the enemy can avoid every single of your attacks I think the issue might lie with you rather than the enemies ability to dodge.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

The secret to destroy with a warrior is 2 things:

Do not let the enemy breathe. Pressure, use all your stuns in the best possible way, this means that you have figured out how the traits and damage work with your weapon. What’s the best chain? Which is my opener?

Do NOT be predictable. This also means don’t use your earthshaker/whatever when the thief you are fighting are standing in his blinding red circle, or when you have 12 stacks of confusion on you. Keep looking out for the guardian’s boons. Don’t kill yourself due to retaliation. Don’t use stuns etc when there’s stability.

Most builds that are supposed to counter warriors do so in 90% of the cases. It basically builds up around that the warrior usually is very predictable. Don’t be, and you shall win. If you want to land an evescirate I’d suggest using Fear Me first, just be quick on the F1 button so you don’t let them come too far.

The fact that an evescirate can hit 10-15K in a single hit makes it more understandable of the animation, does it not? If it was instant you could oneshot thieves, which would be very funny hehe, but no, we can’t have that.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: Kuper.2641

Kuper.2641

Time your attacks well. Just like any other skilled player PvP. you count the enemy dodges, save your big hitting skills when 2 dodges happen rather quickly. Note Vigor/stability and you should be good to go.

Bait those dodges before doing a combo.

[VII] Seventh Legion
Ex-Guild/Raid Leader/Commander
www.seventhlegion.net

in Warrior

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Use a rifle.

I dont think much on warriors when roaming (they are by far the class I die to the least in 1v1), and the only time I even think twice about engaging one is if I know they are using a rifle.

Its doesnt have the best DPS warriors can achieve, but its constant, hard to dodge/mitigate the damage like you can with melee attacks, and you cant really kite. You’re left just trying to have a flat endurance battle with a class that have huge armour, huge HP, huge healing and still decent (even if not tip-top) damage.

I doubt anyone will listen and thats fine.. I’ll go on laughing at warriors in 1v1s because they only have like 4-5 gap closers, and I have 6 evades on shorter CD.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Warrior

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

The fact that an evescirate can hit 10-15K in a single hit makes it more understandable of the animation, does it not? If it was instant you could oneshot thieves, which would be very funny hehe, but no, we can’t have that.

While I agree that big hitters should be highly telegraphed (kill shot, eviscerate, earthshaker), there is no equality to this rule, it is only a warrior thing. Just look at backstab. Not that I have issues with thieves or their backstabs, just making a point.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

War doesnt even have a cool looking animations to begin with to make up for the telegraphed stuff. I can create better animations in paint.

Compare it to our gs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO6KsC7NZ0c

0;25 is my fav

(edited by Scoobaniec.9561)

in Warrior

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

While I agree that big hitters should be highly telegraphed (kill shot, eviscerate, earthshaker), there is no equality to this rule, it is only a warrior thing. Just look at backstab. Not that I have issues with thieves or their backstabs, just making a point.

There is a good deal of equality with this for the ele, actually. Pretty much every hard-hitting elementalist skill has a massive cast time and is hugely telegraphed. Look at dragon’s tooth, churning earth, meteor shower, burning speed, and eruption.

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

but a condition bomb takes less than a quarter of a second to cast and can kill you if you dont have a full clear.

in Warrior

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

but a condition bomb takes less than a quarter of a second to cast and can kill you if you dont have a full clear.

Not to mention its damage can be increased by putting points in a single stat versus 3 separate stats.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

easy animation for an easy class.

in Warrior

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Don’t roll big Charr, roll small Asura instead?

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Warrior

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Because thief is a really hard class to play right?

That’s why all you see in obsidian sanctum are thieves and PU mesmers, because clearly they are the most difficult classes to play and perform well with.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

Butbutbut. Thieves don’t have 25K health and 3k armor! I never have problem with killing thieves, their stealth just makes it take longer time.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

Because thief is a really hard class to play right?

That’s why all you see in obsidian sanctum are thieves and PU mesmers, because clearly they are the most difficult classes to play and perform well with.

I’m not saying thief is hard to play, I’m just saying warrior skills are pretty simple to use and watch, that’s all.