Higher DPS? Axe/mace or GS?

in Warrior

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

So is it opinion or has one been proven superior by data?

I always use axe/mace but I just had someone on my server call me a troll/newb because I said axe/mace is better than GS.

I’m not a number cruncher so my experiments usually consist of me attacking a veteran then adding up the numbers in my combat log. I don’t really know how to do a real official test.

100B usually hits around 20K maybe higher.

I added up 1 rotation of my axe auto attack and it was at 18K just from the 6 hits. I’m fairly certain 3 chains from the axe totaling to six hits goes off faster than 100B but I didn’t use a stopwatch or in any way time my test.

Also I can move and never lose dps on my axe/mace whereas any bossfight that becomes mobile you’re automatically gimped with GS.

If someone has already done these tests with a more closed system to not get numbers screwed up I would love if someone would share a link.

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

(edited by Wreckdum.8367)

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Greatsword with Hundred Blades spam is higher, but Axe auto-attack is far more reliable.

Raw damage that is.

Then you have to take into account stuff like Might stacking with Forceful Greatsword and Vulnerability stacking with Axe/Mace.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Wreckdum.8367

Yeah I think I’ll stick with axe/mace. So much better for actually playing the game and not standing still facerolling the 2 key.

The fact that this guy called me a troll had me second guessing myself. If anything they are too close for me to even give up mobility for a slight DPS increase.

He was acting like GS did double the damage of axe/mace. If that was the case if I switched to GS I’d be one shotting bosses. lol

in Warrior

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

If you were right, why are CoF P1 Speedruns using GS Warriors and not A/M Main warriors? Has that run not been tested 1,000’s of times?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

He was acting like GS did double the damage of axe/mace.

If 100b can be landed fully all time and 2 or more targets can be hit, GS deals about 30+% more damage than Axe/Any. Of course this isn’t very realistic in all situations but happens quite often in dungeons like arah.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

He was acting like GS did double the damage of axe/mace.

If 100b can be landed fully all time and 2 or more targets can be hit, GS deals about 30+% more damage than Axe/Any. Of course this isn’t very realistic in all situations but happens quite often in dungeons like arah.

I saw those calculations before, and they are wrong. (Well, at least the calculating I saw)
They guy was assuming Greatsword immediately = 25stack might.
10~15 is a realistic range if you’re running a DPS build. I don’t find increasing might duration to be all that effective. Let me look around again, but I believe it was mid-teens.

So is it opinion or has one been proven superior by data?

I always use axe/mace but I just had someone on my server call me a troll/newb because I said axe/mace is better than GS.

I’m not a number cruncher so my experiments usually consist of me attacking a veteran then adding up the numbers in my combat log. I don’t really know how to do a real official test.

100B usually hits around 20K maybe higher.

I added up 1 rotation of my axe auto attack and it was at 18K just from the 6 hits. I’m fairly certain 3 chains from the axe totaling to six hits goes off faster than 100B but I didn’t use a stopwatch or in any way time my test.

Also I can move and never lose dps on my axe/mace whereas any bossfight that becomes mobile you’re automatically gimped with GS.

If someone has already done these tests with a more closed system to not get numbers screwed up I would love if someone would share a link.

Vulnerability increases your team’s overall damage as well and axe/mace, w/o vulnerability, still does more DPS realistically. That being said, GS has unmatched mobility. Another free dodge and a bull’s charge-like distance movement skill.
Helps a lot. I’m trying out GS/Axe/Mace right now haha

in Warrior

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

Situational.
Vs stationary targets GS is higher DPS, vs large AoE fights A/A is more, vs single target mobile fights A/M is (only if you don’t have an Axe necro tho).

in Warrior

Posted by: Blacksarevok.8104

Blacksarevok.8104

Someone did math a while ago, 100b does about 30% more DPS than GS auto. Axe auto is substantially better than GS auto, so I would guess 100b is probably only 15%ish more DPS than Axe auto.

Overall I feel like Axe, assuming you are using Eviscerate correctly, probably has more damage vs single target even stationary than GS, but at the cost of mobility and personal survivability.

in Warrior

Posted by: plaguebourne.5391

plaguebourne.5391

Hundred Blades roots you in place and Whirling Attack forces you in a straight line through and away from mobs. How is this “more mobility” than Axe/X?

With Axe/X, you can move freely around without concern for either.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Hundred Blades roots you in place and Whirling Attack forces you in a straight line through and away from mobs. How is this “more mobility” than Axe/X?

Because Whirlwind counts as an evade and Rush is faster than normal movement speed.
It’s essentially two free dodges. That’s a hell of a lot of mobility.

in Warrior

Posted by: Croatoan.8426

Croatoan.8426

Everyone has there own play style. And the highest dps is situational at best. You get higher dps with the gs if your enemy is shoved against a wall/corner. Axe/axe axe/mace axe/shield I guess has more utility in open combat than just standing there spamming 1 and 2 with the gs. Your not a troll for running axe/mace I am actually gonna run that as my secondary for dungeons. Everyone has there own play style just play however is best for you and just let “elitist” be elitists. And the axe burst attack is the most single devastating move in the game.. TO MY OPINION and I run gs.

Entire fort of people disapeared,only thing left carved into a tree was CROATOAN.

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

You speak as if Axe is somehow more profound than GS just because it has a situational attack. “Standing there spamming 1 and 2”? For max DPS with Axe, you’re literally spamming 1 button the majority of the time.

Ideally, for max DPS, you want to use both Axe and GS.

in Warrior

Wreckdum.8367

Everyone has there own play style. And the highest dps is situational at best. You get higher dps with the gs if your enemy is shoved against a wall/corner. Axe/axe axe/mace axe/shield I guess has more utility in open combat than just standing there spamming 1 and 2 with the gs. Your not a troll for running axe/mace I am actually gonna run that as my secondary for dungeons. Everyone has there own play style just play however is best for you and just let “elitist” be elitists. And the axe burst attack is the most single devastating move in the game.. TO MY OPINION and I run gs.

TY that’s what I was getting at. I mean I only have 1,300 hours played and I actually started to doubt myself that maybe everything I thought I knew about the game was a lie. It was more than one person in map chat that was against me and seemed like I was the only one defending axe/mace so I thought maybe I could be wrong. rofl

Anywho, like many have said even if one is higher than the other it boils down to personal preference and I like to be able to stay mobile and not drop any DPS where every second that 100B is off cooldown and not being used is a loss in DPS.

in Warrior

Posted by: Croatoan.8426

Croatoan.8426

Thats what I just said leo… for axe and gs. And its a fact whirling attack for gs is best for a group of enemies/a enemy that is shoved against a wall. Axe/we can and will give you more utility. Im a fan of both and its hard to say one is better over the other. Because it is situational.

Entire fort of people disapeared,only thing left carved into a tree was CROATOAN.

in Warrior

Posted by: Pixelninja.6971

Pixelninja.6971

If you were right, why are CoF P1 Speedruns using GS Warriors and not A/M Main warriors? Has that run not been tested 1,000’s of times?

I use both (GS and Axe/mace) for cof path1. Like someone already said, Axe/Mace is nice for stacking Vunerability and the Axe Auto-attack does more damage then GS auto-attack, plus you get a useful burstskill.
The Mace Knockdown is also nice for the first two mobs (100b then knockdown).

(edited by Pixelninja.6971)

in Warrior

Dub.1273

I saw those calculations before, and they are wrong. (Well, at least the calculating I saw)

I did not do tests with any pre-gained might stacks. Neither did i do calculations.
GS DPS is higher than Axe/Any DPS, in about 99% of all situations in open world PvE and Dungeons. Even on single target. It also inflicts more vulnerability.
And to tell you: with GS you will be able to maintain about 7-9 Might stacks for each target.

Dub | [rT]

in Warrior

plaguebourne.5391

Because Whirlwind counts as an evade and Rush is faster than normal movement speed.

I think we are talking about two separate things here.

That’s not mobility (ability to move around freely), that’s survivability (extra dodges).

HB counting as an evade doesn’t change the fact that you can not move while performing the ability. WA being faster than normal movement speed doesn’t change the fact that you are forced to move in one direction instead of being free to move in any direction you wish.

The definition of the word “Mobility” has nothing to do with avoiding damage, it has only to do with your ability to move around freely.

(edited by plaguebourne.5391)

in Warrior

Posted by: Naekuh.7925

Naekuh.7925

I did not do tests with any pre-gained might stacks. Neither did i do calculations.
GS DPS is higher than Axe/Any DPS, in about 99% of all situations in open world PvE and Dungeons. Even on single target. It also inflicts more vulnerability.
And to tell you: with GS you will be able to maintain about 7-9 Might stacks for each target.

no axe has higher DPS when traited.

I used to be like you guys saying GS is king DPS.
NO..

I was so wrong when traited in axe.

Axe/S btw…. 10% crit chance with blade master… 10% crit severity with axe mastery.
Watch your auto spam attack 100% crit.

Substained DPS… AXE wins.
Spike DPS… GS win.

CoF…. warriors who do sub 7 min runs are using BOTH GS / AXE.
5sec weapon swap allows u to spam HB.. then quickly go back to AXE, then back to HB right as the cooldown is worn off…

You cant match DPS on ANY class in this setup on a warrior…

(edited by Naekuh.7925)

in Warrior

Blacksarevok.8104

Using just wiki numbers without taking account traits, buffs, or anything (just flat numbers):

Greatsword using 100b + auto: 433 dps

Axe using auto: 458 dps

Now this will change a lot when you include things like might for GS and Eviscerate for Axe, but just going by base numbers this is what it looks like.

It should be noted that I couldn’t find a source for GS auto-attack chain duration, so I tested myself and came up with around a 2.4 sec duration. If someone has a more accurate number, please feel free to say so.

in Warrior

Posted by: lucktacular.9704

lucktacular.9704

Axe/S btw…. 10% crit chance with blade master… 10% crit severity with axe mastery.

Actually if you look at the wiki…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blademaster

The Blademaster trait unfortunately would not help your auto attack with your main hand axe.

in Warrior

Posted by: Naekuh.7925

Naekuh.7925

Actually if you look at the wiki…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blademaster

The Blademaster trait unfortunately would not help your auto attack with your main hand axe.

oh… i thought it did…

Anyhow its still = about 90% crit when traited in zerker gear….

You really dont see how strong the axe is until u see CRIT CRIT CRIT (Triple chop) CRIT CRIT CRIT….

Thats when u start going oh wow… AXE… hmmmm..

in Warrior

Wreckdum.8367

I’m convinced if they took the tallying number off of 100B this silly issue wouldn’t happen anymore. People are fooled by that high number when in reality it’s a bunch of small numbers stacked up. The fact is axe auto attack hits harder per hit than 100B. Only + side to 100B is the amout of hits in 3 seconds. Then you’re back to kittenty DPS for your 6 and a 1/4 cooldown.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

I was never referring to your tests.
I’m not sure how you got “your tests” from “those calculations.”
First off, I don’t make a reference to you. Second, I say calculations, not tests…
I think you’re getting offended by my posts. You seem to be a little flustered.

That’s not mobility (ability to move around freely), that’s survivability (extra dodges).

HB counting as an evade doesn’t change the fact that you can not move while performing the ability. WA being faster than normal movement speed doesn’t change the fact that you are forced to move in one direction instead of being free to move in any direction you wish.

The definition of the word “Mobility” has nothing to do with avoiding damage, it has only to do with your ability to move around freely.

Um, no. I would define mobility as the ability to move, period.
I would define survivability as the ability to stay alive drawn from the sources of mobility, raw stats, boons, etc.

I rather be forced to move in one direction faster than moving normally at a normal speed. Walking away when the boss is going to hit you is, in my opinion, useless mobility.
You’re argument is completely off your own definition/perception of mobility.

Also, don’t get me wrong, I use axe/mace… but to claim that axe has more mobility is pure bologna. Axe/Mace has more free movement.

in Warrior

Dub.1273

NO..

Spike DPS… GS win.

5sec weapon swap allows u to spam HB.. then quickly go back to AXE, then back to HB right as the cooldown is worn off…

So you believe i tested Axe DPS with a GS Build? Lol. I’ve been using 30/10/0/0/30 on Axe. GS still has a higher DPS output, if you don’t believe it just try out yourself.

@CookMETender. I do not feel offended by your posts, i just can’t understand how people can still claim Axe/Any’s DPS higher than GS’s whithout testing it themselves. If people would start thinking and less reproducing distorted calculations the whole discussion about which weapon offers more DPS won’t come up at all.

To clear up things once more: The “activation time” of the skills ingame or in wiki is not the real time it takes to channel the whole autoattack chain. The damage numbers shown in skills description/wiki are not right. Trying to calculate the overall DPS by doing some maths with wrong numbers won’t tell you much except bullkitten.
GS offers more DPS than Axe, if hitting multiple targets and probably having chance to WW to a wall, about 33% more. If hitting only 1 target landing 100b not fully and only using it all 8 seconds, GS still deals very slightly more DPS than Axe with Eviscerate + Autoattack spam.

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

NO..

Spike DPS… GS win.

So you believe i tested Axe DPS with a GS Build? Lol. I’ve been using 30/10/0/0/30 on Axe. GS still has a higher DPS output, if you don’t believe it just try out yourself.

@CookMETender. I do not feel offended by your posts, i just can’t understand how people can still claim Axe/Any’s DPS higher than GS’s whithout testing it themselves. If people would start thinking and less reproducing distorted calculations the whole discussion about which weapon offers more DPS won’t come up at all.

To clear up things once more: The “activation time” of the skills ingame or in wiki is not the real time it takes to channel the whole autoattack chain. The damage numbers shown in skills description/wiki are not right. Trying to calculate the overall DPS by doing some maths with wrong numbers won’t tell you much except bullkitten.
GS offers more DPS than Axe, if hitting multiple targets and probably having chance to WW to a wall, about 33% more. If hitting only 1 target landing 100b not fully and only using it all 8 seconds, GS still deals very slightly more DPS than Axe with Eviscerate + Autoattack spam.

If you are so keen on convincing people that GS has higher DPS over time as well, just put up a simple youtube video with 20s of attacking with each.

in Warrior

Wreckdum.8367

NO..

Spike DPS… GS win.

You just offered up a bunch of fairy tale details after you just told people to stop theorycrafting.

Post a video with time stamps or your claim is just as useless as anyone elses.

in Warrior

Blacksarevok.8104

Just tested numbers in game, no armor accessories, no traits. Basic weapons.

Greatsword (130-144 damage, + 9 power), auto (2.4 sec chain)+HB (3.5 sec) = 62 dps
Axe/Axe (112-137 damage, + 4 powerx2), auto (3.6 sec chain) = 66 dps

So in that regard, the wiki numbers seem accurate to me.

(edited by Blacksarevok.8104)

in Warrior

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

in CoF you only need all DPS and nothing requires dodging, so you can stand still and fulfill HB with forceful GS ful potential.

in Warrior

Posted by: Legend.6941

Legend.6941

In a group you can easily hit 30k with 100b if traited/boosted from food. The only problem is, surviving after you get all of their aggro.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Greatsword (130-144 damage, + 9 power), auto (2.4 sec chain)+HB (3.5 sec) = 62 dps

According to wiki Axe-Skill is 0.25 + x + 1.5 chain, so unless second attack is 1.85 seconds wiki doesn’t have correct values.

And without traits? Is this supposed be some kind of joke?

If you want to test raw-damage just go to mists and check “time to kill” with both builds.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

in Warrior

Blacksarevok.8104

According to wiki Axe-Skill is 0.25 + x + 1.5 chain, so unless second attack is 1.85 seconds wiki doesn’t have correct values.

And without traits? Is this supposed be some kind of joke?

If you want to test raw-damage just go to mists and check “time to kill” with both builds.

1.) Those are the activation times listed, that is entirely different than the actual time it takes for an entire attack to perform . If you look at the notes on the bottom of the page for “Chop”, you will the entire sequence of the chain listed as 3.6 seconds (which if you test yourself, you will see is the value is correct).

2.) Did you even read this thread? I was comparing base damage and DPS of the weapons, I never made any factual conclusions about anything (unlike most of the people in thread) other than the attack speeds of axe chain and 100b. I specifically said that traits, boons, and burst attacks would have an influence on numbers, but those are much harder to measure since everyone plays differently.

(edited by Blacksarevok.8104)

in Warrior

Wethospu.6437

Just wondering, why bother with any kind of math/testing if it doesn’t represent real-life (people running real builds)?
Sure, you proved a point but is it meaningful at all?

in Warrior

Blacksarevok.8104

Can any of us post anything “meaningful” without simulators or detailed meters/countless hours on a target dummy or direct confirmation on things from the devs?

What we can confirm is the groundwork, and while it may not be useful by itself, it’s still part of the big picture.

in Warrior

Wethospu.6437

We should attempt to get as realistic situation as possible. Quite many (most?) people use weapon-specific traits on their builds. And because it is quite simple thing to include there is not much reason to leave it out.

in Warrior

plaguebourne.5391

I was never referring to your tests.
I’m not sure how you got “your tests” from “those calculations.”
First off, I don’t make a reference to you. Second, I say calculations, not tests…
I think you’re getting offended by my posts. You seem to be a little flustered.

Um, no. I would define mobility as the ability to move, period.
I would define survivability as the ability to stay alive drawn from the sources of mobility, raw stats, boons, etc.

I rather be forced to move in one direction faster than moving normally at a normal speed. Walking away when the boss is going to hit you is, in my opinion, useless mobility.
You’re argument is completely off your own definition/perception of mobility.

Also, don’t get me wrong, I use axe/mace… but to claim that axe has more mobility is pure bologna. Axe/Mace has more free movement.

HB roots you in place. Even by your definition, it limits your mobility by keeping you from moving, period.

mobility (m???b?l?t?) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]
— n
1. the ability to move physically

Hundred Blades rooting you in place = not allowing you to physically move, thus limiting mobility. Unless of course Webster’s “definition/perception” of the meaning of the word is wrong, since nothing in that definition involves evading or avoiding anything?

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Sigh.

It is not rocket science, people.

1) Axe can achieve the highest mobility-to-DPS ratio due to auto-attack being the biggest source of damage, and you are free to move as you please. Greatsword loses all mobility when attaining its highest DPS due to Hundred Blades having a self-root.
2) Greatsword has the most mobility due to Whirlwind Attack and Rush. Axe is sadly very lacking in the mobility department with only Eviscerate being a very, very short Leap.

Us Warriors should love one another, not bicker like school children.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

plaguebourne.5391

Sigh.

1) Axe can achieve the highest mobility-to-DPS ratio due to auto-attack being the biggest source of damage, and you are free to move as you please. Greatsword loses all mobility when attaining its highest DPS due to Hundred Blades having a self-root.
2) Greatsword has the most mobility due to Whirlwind Attack and Rush. Axe is sadly very lacking in the mobility department with only Eviscerate being a very, very short Leap.

sigh

Mobility is what it is. It’s got nothing to do specifically with leaping or anything else… it does have to do specifically with not ever being unable to move. It’s the very definition of the word. Axe has more mobility period, due to not ever pressing a button that activates an ability that keeps you from moving from a single spot for any length of time.

When you use Hundred Blades, you are unable to move at all from the spot you are in for 3.5 seconds, correct? This means during that time you are not mobile, because you are rooted to one spot and can not move.

Mobility = your ability to move. If you can’t move, by definition, you lack mobility.

This is the Webster’s Dictionary definition of the word. I’m not making it up, and it’s not complicated, nor is it really open for interpretation. If you can move, you are mobile. If you can not, you are not.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

In GW2 terms “mobility” do mean skills that moves you around, i.e Whirlwind Attack.

The dictionary, in this case, be kitten

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

plaguebourne.5391

In GW2 terms “mobility” do mean skills that moves you around, i.e Whirlwind Attack.

I’m talking about Hundred Blades.

Can you link me the “GW2 definition” of mobility, then? Not being facetious at all… I’m seriously curious to know where they say this.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Can you link me the “GW2 definition” of mobility, then? Not being facetious at all… I’m seriously curious to know where they say this.

Just ask anyone in-game or in the class forums what they consider mobility. Just like how mob somehow means just one entity rather than a group. Its just generally agreed upon.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

plaguebourne.5391

Just ask anyone in-game or in the class forums what they consider mobility. Just like how mob somehow means just one entity rather than a group. Its just generally agreed upon.

Ok, I’m done. I laughed so hard at this I really just can’t justify continuing this discussion.

Have a good day.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Huh? Okay, whatever you say, bub.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Ok, I’m done. I laughed so hard at this I really just can’t justify continuing this discussion.

Have a good day.

Don’t worry Oglaf, this kid iss just mad that everyone defines mobility differently then he does.
At least he is gone now

By the way, for anyone that is still curious, I believe this question has been answered.
Axe/Mace provides more mobile DPS, a little CC, and vulnerability stack.
Greatsword provides more mobility + evade, more stationary DPS, and might stacks.

Running both is highly efficient for a dual melee set as you utilize Greatsword to gain mightstacks then switch to Axe/Mace to stack vulnerability and auto attack until HB is back up.

in Warrior

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

Sigh.

Oglaf is completely correct here.
GS offers mobility with the best stationary DPS, Axe/X offers the best mobile DPS with less options for mobility.

in Warrior

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

People always mixed up agility and mobility, these 2 elements are totally different things.

For GS, i would say it is more mobility, as you got 2 “gap closer / gap extender”, what these 2 skills actually provide is the ability to quick approach your target or get away from. This is what mobility is about, SPEED.

For Axe, i would say it is more agility, you can move freely around your foe doing 100% of damage, but what axe MH is lacking is movement speed, the mobility to quickly approach your target or get away from.

in Warrior

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

Alright, here’s my two cents.
GS offers the best BURST damage. 100B + skill 3 is huge. Sustained? Hell no, even if the enemy is stationary. If you’re in a party with 4 wars, your might is going to be stacked at 25 anyway so that trait that gives you might with gs is not very useful. On top of that, axe/mace gives vuln on skills 2 and 4 AND the burst skill is pretty incredible to add on top of that. Axe is better for sustained damage for sure, mobile or immobile. Greatsword for killing trash mobs with low hp, axe for boss.

In terms of running, greatsword is better. You all know skills 3 and 5 move you a lot. If you want to be able to move around when you hit your target and dodge properly without sacrificing too much dps by wasting time straying too far from your target with gs 3 and 5, then use axe/mace. Stop it with the word play. You all know how axe and gs works. It is very strange that people defend the greatsword so vehemently on this forum and within this community.

Tldr; axe for sustained damage and survivability while maintaining high dps on a boss; gs for burst damage, clearing trash mobs, and survivability when intending to run away from mobs instead of continuing to do damage.

axe is better stationary dps especially in a team setting. Strife’s build here http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/75020-my-final-axemace-dps-dungeon-build/ is particularly amazing. I urge all to look into this.

For example: slave driver <- axe/mace; axe axe. Acolytes <- Greatsword, sword shield. effigy, axe/mace; axe/axe. Orr farming, greatsword, axe axe.

Warrior is one of those classes where every weapon has a role – an ideal war is a weaponmaster. Learn to use them in different situations, and stop convincing yourself that you don’t need to buy those weapons to be good (otherwise just run cof p1e all day. if that’s your thing). Shield for surviving really difficult encounters long enough (such as rockfall in ac 3 now), hammer for ccing for your team/ tanking, mace for knockdown on off hand/ vulnerability (mainhand is really defensive cc/block, more useful for pvp), sword onhand for escaping/gap closing and condition damaging (idk much about offhand, it’s rarely used), longbow for single target long rangedsustained dps AND aoe dps, Rifle for long ranged burst single target damage/control/cd. I carry all these weaps + different sigil versions + an extra defensive armor set with different runes on me just in case I need to be flexible. I’m sure many people do too, but this thread is quickly becoming a question of how to play the class and this is what i personally like to be: someone that can offer the best dps while being flexible enough to change my setup to meet the challenges of my environment. I’m still debating whether or not I should get an exotic warhorn though… doens’t seem too useful except for map explore…

Note: this is still easy compared to say playing as an elementalist, when ideally in pve you should double spec for both d/d and staff. Flexibility is even more important for an ele. You get to be quite good friends with your different utilities.

Perhaps with food debuff, axemace / greatsword may work – but I have yet to find a way to make traits work in such a way that you would not lose out on the sustained axe damage that you get with strife’s build. Please look into that guys.

But once again, please stop with the mobility/agility etc wordplay. It’s hurting my head and you all know how those weapons work.

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

(edited by Raptured.9307)

in Warrior

Wethospu.6437

Does Shield even work against rockfall in AC3? As far as I know those are unblockable.

in Warrior

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

According to my party members. I used endure pain +balanced stance instead and it worked.

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

in Warrior

Posted by: timecookie.8570

timecookie.8570

I would say Axe is steadier but it’s a double-edge sword. Sometimes you may find burst more suitable (short fights) while sometimes you would keep your mobility and more reliable dmg.

There is the case where you stands between 2 enemies. You can’t hit them both with 100B because of the auto-targetting system that will make you face one enemy and thus, turn your back to the other. Whereas you can easily hit them both if you keep moving back and forth (or rather left and right).

Overall I prefer the GS with self-building might and the extra-dodge which IMO is far more valuable than 100B. My second set is Axe/Mace most of the time because after 100B, you might want an other burst for short fights or just better dmg than GS auto-attack.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Get Sharpened Axes in Discipline and you can pretty much spam Eviscerate whenever it is up and still stay at full Adrenaline most of the time. You can go one step further and get Adrenal Reserves which makes your Burst abilities only drain 2/3s of your Adrenaline for easier recovery.

There’s your burst damage right there.

Do you even lift, bro?