(HoT) Massive sustain is needed for Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

With the powerful new Chrono CC wells, the traps from dragon hunter, knockback arrow traits, displacing yourself with contiuum split…

Seems warriors with have a hard time getting to the target. Hoping we get a bone thrown our way and get some increased sustain against both CC and damage so that we can at least reach our target before we drop dead.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

Yeah I hope our specialization gives us better defense. Something themed around a Knight or a Champion would be very cool. A lot of players have rolled a warrior to be tanky, but everytime one asks how to bunker the correct answer was almost always “might as well reroll guardian.” I would be very happy to get a specialization that changes this.

Since guardians got ways to use Bleeding, I hope we get ways to use Protection. I also hope we get a Taunt.

But looking at the weapons we miss, we’ll probably get some lame Thief weapons such as pistol or dagger and get called something completely un-warrior like Swashbucklers or Buccaneers. So I’m not too hopeful about our specialization.

in Warrior

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

It definitely isn’t. More mobility would be a better solution. And the problem might already be solved. Remember, Physical skills are getting changed. With them becoming stronger depending on how much adrenaline you have skills like Bull’s Rush might become 2k range or Bolas might become faster with longer range when you have full adrenaline or maybe something like being able to cast a Bolas for each pip of Adrenaline for a total of three at max adrenaline. More sustain is not the way to go.

in Warrior

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Have you heard about shoutbow? It’s a horribly broken build with crazy sustain and it requires absolutely no skill.

More mobility would be a better solution. And the problem might already be solved. .

Warrior’s one of the most mobile professions what’s wrong with you people.

in Warrior

Posted by: blubberblasen.3901

blubberblasen.3901

I hope you are trolling.
Warrior dont need more sustain or mobility.
warrior is in a good position

in Warrior

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

More mobility would be a better solution. And the problem might already be solved. .

Warrior’s one of the most mobile professions what’s wrong with you people.

I know. That’s why more mobility is a good idea. Warrior mobility is already great enough that there’s not a single class or build that can catch a Warr specced for mobility. Just saying tho, if Warrior ends up being kited endlessly come HoT I’d rather see the class get more of something that doesn’t directly boost their combat strength like more sustain would. I don’t think Warrior needs either, but more mobility is the lesser of two evils.

in Warrior

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

It definitely isn’t. More mobility would be a better solution. And the problem might already be solved. Remember, Physical skills are getting changed. With them becoming stronger depending on how much adrenaline you have skills like Bull’s Rush might become 2k range or Bolas might become faster with longer range when you have full adrenaline or maybe something like being able to cast a Bolas for each pip of Adrenaline for a total of three at max adrenaline. More sustain is not the way to go.

Endurance will affect the effectiveness of physical skill. The physical training trait improve damage with adrenaline and reduce recharge. My question is how much all of this will affect mending.

Heiann – NSP

in Warrior

Posted by: choucs.4507

choucs.4507

LOL you people are clueless, if you don’t play warrior get the kitten out of here.

Your little marathon on foot map-clearing mobility is kitten as kitten.
What really matters and we are talking about is in fight mobility.
mesmer has easily one of the highest in fight mobility while being extremly slow to do your little PvE map clearing kitten that nobody cares, go back to PvE you PvE farmers, no body care.

Reason why thief kill mesmer so easy it’s because of their crazy amount of insta cap closer. warrior’s gap closer can not even compare. i can just run double range on mesmer and perma kit any warrior to death. LOLOL

You know the reason why there’s only 3 DPS in the meta? INSTA GAP CLOSER.
it’s way better then any on foot mobility.

Have you heard about shoutbow? It’s a horribly broken build with crazy sustain and it requires absolutely no skill.

LOL That’s definitely the reason why people are having difficulties to actually find a good warrior to compete in high level. LOL. there’s so little active good warrior right now, if backpack actually stayed on his engi and actually find a decent warrior they would have a better chance beating abjured. just a note, not disrespecting backpacks or anything, hes engi is insanely good, but his warrior is so kitten it’s not even real.

(edited by choucs.4507)

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

^What this guy said. You either AoE on point while being bunky and supporty, preventing caps, use ranged weapons or have instant gap-closers if you’re melee. Being a plain old walking guy with a sword doesn’t work in this game, which is a sign of how broken it is, but, well, that’s life.

Warrior will get a teleport or a zerker build will forever remain a novelty to play in between serious shoutbow matches just so you don’t kill yourself out of boredom. Or they can increase Rifle’s damage by 100% I guess.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

LOL you people are clueless, if you don’t play warrior get the kitten out of here.

Your little marathon on foot map-clearing mobility is kitten as kitten.
What really matters and we are talking about is in fight mobility.
mesmer has easily one of the highest in fight mobility while being extremly slow to do your little PvE map clearing kitten that nobody cares, go back to PvE you PvE farmers, no body care.

Reason why thief kill mesmer so easy it’s because of their crazy amount of insta cap closer. warrior’s gap closer can not even compare. i can just run double range on mesmer and perma kit any warrior to death. LOLOL

You know the reason why there’s only 3 DPS in the meta? INSTA GAP CLOSER.
it’s way better then any on foot mobility.

LOL That’s definitely the reason why people are having difficulties to actually find a good warrior to compete in high level. LOL. there’s so little active good warrior right now, if backpack actually stayed on his engi and actually find a decent warrior they would have a better chance beating abjured. just a note, backpacks warrior is so kitten it’s not even real.

QFTT

Next time when face a mesmer with “Times Marches On” on top of his insane in fight mobility, just type “/sleep” and get ready to respawn.

in Warrior

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

LOL That’s definitely the reason why people are having difficulties to actually find a good warrior to compete in high level. LOL. there’s so little active good warrior right now, if backpack actually stayed on his engi and actually find a decent warrior they would have a better chance beating abjured. just a note, not disrespecting backpacks or anything, hes engi is insanely good, but his warrior is so kitten it’s not even real.

Playing at a competitive level is always hard no matter what build you’re running but you can’t ignore the fact that shoutbow’s one of the most forgiving builds in existence and even a monkey could play that. There are people who are obviously better at the spec than others, I’m just saying that the gap between a bad and a good shoutbow is a lot smaller than it is between a good and a bad shatter mes plus requires tremendously less effort to make it work.

in Warrior

Posted by: KcB.6890

KcB.6890

The fact that shoutbow is viable just shows how bad of a state warriors are in right now. The problem still stems from how op celestial is and any build that takes advantage of all the stats celestial provides will have an unfair advantage.

in Warrior

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

I hope you are trolling.
Warrior dont need more sustain or mobility.
warrior is in a good position

You mean good position for now,

If HoT drops with these changes and our specialization doesn’t provide adequate counters for us to slog through all this new AoE we will be toast.

I would like to see the revival of the pressure melee warrior that was so prevalent in Gw1.

Like others have said, higher end play is a mini pirate ship meta where you are either picking away at people with ranged weapons or instant-teleporting to the target.

(edited by lordhelmos.7623)

in Warrior

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Warriors need help catching things? hahaha oh my god this is unreal. Try playing one of the slow classes and come back and then cry about how bad you have it as the second fastest in the game. Your incombat mobility is the same as your OOC mobility too… unless in your fantasy world GS/Sword skills and utilities somehow don’t work in combat

k.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

(edited by vespers.1759)

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Playing at a competitive level is always hard no matter what build you’re running but you can’t ignore the fact that shoutbow’s one of the most forgiving builds in existence and even a monkey could play that. There are people who are obviously better at the spec than others, I’m just saying that the gap between a bad and a good shoutbow is a lot smaller than it is between a good and a bad shatter mes plus requires tremendously less effort to make it work.

I wonder what will happen if ANET deleted the longbow for warrior .

in Warrior

Posted by: choucs.4507

choucs.4507

warrior has always being forgiving in lower end of the pyramid, doesnt matter the build, there’s no difference for shoutbow.

did you forget the fact that classes should be balanced around high level plays, not hotjoin monkeys.

a good shoutbow competing in highest level is completely different then any random shoutbow in hotjoin soloq,

warrior’s skill level depends on your enemy, go up against any good team in some inhouses, you will see your soloq hotjoin level shoutbow can not even compete.

(edited by choucs.4507)