How Much Crit % is Needed?

in Warrior

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

With a crit-based build, what sort of critical hit chance should I be aiming for? Whereabouts is the sweet spot?

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in Warrior

Posted by: Varyag.3751

Varyag.3751

I would say at least 50% – but it’s ridiculously easy to hit this number without much precision gear – due to easy fury and traits.

I play Warrior, Guardian, Elementalist and Thief.

(edited by Varyag.3751)

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

39% Base
20% From Fury
Unsuspecting Foe

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in Warrior

Posted by: Brelyx.3689

Brelyx.3689

33/66/99+ for pure statistic
-20 fury
-trait

do your math

personally i only have berserk jewel and weapon with precision and i’m fine with my 37/38+20 fury..2 crit out of 3 hit seems good enough

Sorry about my english, trying to do my best :p

Brely – Warrior – Desolation – KL italian guild

in Warrior

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

Not much. Unlike GW1, where critical hits were more important for the use of individual skills, in GW2 criticals are more of just a DPS increase mechanic rather than a spiking mechanic. As a result, having a high critical rate usually means you’re sacrificing a massive amount of either resilience or base damage power. Criticals trigger almost all the time, and most of the useful sigils use only criticals as their triggers.

Most Warrior builds trigger Fury all the time, since it’s loaded all across skills. Actually having it up is an afterthought. You may as well just assume a Warrior has an innate critical chance of around 25%. Which honestly triggers pretty often, and certainly enough to get your sigils working (especially considering their own internal cooldowns).

You probably would like to have at least a +10% or so chance with almost every build, so you’re critting about 30-40% of the time. In contrast I think once you crest 60% you’re probably wasting a lot of utility and build synergy just so you can have a bigger number than everyone else.

in Warrior

Posted by: ImmortalZodd.6871

ImmortalZodd.6871

shout warrior with full rampager gear + sigil of accuracy on offhand + 10% sword trait + constant fury = 97% crit chance.

the more the better, crits proc useful sigils + i enjoy the 66 percent heal on omnomberry pies whit extra 70 precision. I almost never not crit with sword so i have 30 percent chance to heal 800 or a 66 percent chance to heal 500. doesn’t sound like a lot but each is on 10 sec internal cooldown so every 10 sec on average 1300k heals as long as i am hitting something every 10 sec. i don’t worry so much about crit damage% thats why i go rampagers over zerkers, because rifle and sword have great condition traits/skills and i have higher crit chance to make up for slightly less power.

again i like this because when dealing with theifs,engi,mesmer condition damage has won me most of those fights due to them stealthing/damage imune doesn’t save them, i can spot mesmers from the fake ones by my condition tics or spot them before i actually see him due to stealth culling.

this is just my opinion/play style but crit chance from rampager > crit damage from zerker. along with having more balanced power/condition damage, less power but in the long run condition damage can take advantage of the warriors amazing bleed traits and is key to fighting things you can’t always hit due to other classes utility making them untargetable/damage immune.

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Not much. Unlike GW1, where critical hits were more important for the use of individual skills, in GW2 criticals are more of just a DPS increase mechanic rather than a spiking mechanic. As a result, having a high critical rate usually means you’re sacrificing a massive amount of either resilience or base damage power. Criticals trigger almost all the time, and most of the useful sigils use only criticals as their triggers.

Most Warrior builds trigger Fury all the time, since it’s loaded all across skills. Actually having it up is an afterthought. You may as well just assume a Warrior has an innate critical chance of around 25%. Which honestly triggers pretty often, and certainly enough to get your sigils working (especially considering their own internal cooldowns).

You probably would like to have at least a +10% or so chance with almost every build, so you’re critting about 30-40% of the time. In contrast I think once you crest 60% you’re probably wasting a lot of utility and build synergy just so you can have a bigger number than everyone else.

Uhm what… that math does not add up. How does a 10% chance to crit equal critting 30-40% of the time?

in Warrior

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

Fury, fellyn. You also get a small initial base crit value.