How are Warriors PvE dungoen wise?

in Warrior

Posted by: fragnot.8073

fragnot.8073

Im starting on this game right as we speak, but got a couple of questions regarding Warriors.

I plan to mostly PvE, dungeons, exploring etc. Lets say im level 80, how are they in dungeons?

Is it hard, or do they offer something good ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

You will probably hear that they are overpowered. But in my opinion player skill is much bigger offender in balance-sector.

You can bring great damage and decent support.

in Warrior

Posted by: Beefcake.9032

Beefcake.9032

This may be of interest to you

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/75020-my-final-axemace-dps-dungeon-build/

While warrior can fill many roles in a party, we’re best suited to high dps with some support and good survivability.

Wrainbash, Asura Warrior of Kodasch Allianz [KoA]
Du spielst auf Kodasch? Besuche doch mal die Kodasch Community Webseite! :)

in Warrior

Posted by: Deathbearer.2438

Deathbearer.2438

warriors are great by nature in PVE and in all posts the “duel” is against GS or axe/axe or axe/mace builds

Pay attention though to add survivability to your warrior (cause the easy-mode GS+full passive signets+berserker etc etc end up in a constant downed state in most cases) and find a weapons set-up that matches YOUR playstyle.

Guardian lvl 80
Warrior lvl 80
Ranger lvl 80

in Warrior

Posted by: Kazin.2073

Kazin.2073

Warriors = best class in game for pve content.

in Warrior

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

If I’m in a dungeon with one of my (usually better geared) alts and the group is failing, I’ll bring in my Warrior and suddenly everything gets better. One of the key tricks in dungeons is slotting weapons based on the needs of the specific encounter, with Warrior more than any other profession I find myself slotting and unslotting weapons between encounters.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Warrior

Posted by: Beefcake.9032

Beefcake.9032

Switching armor/weapons/traits/utilities to match the group/encounter should be applicable to all classes. I guess Warrior has more weapons to chose from, but depending on your Traits your not always going to have the best improvements for those weapons. Also, not everybody has every weapon as an exotic (Knight’s/Berserker’s) with good Sigils.

Wrainbash, Asura Warrior of Kodasch Allianz [KoA]
Du spielst auf Kodasch? Besuche doch mal die Kodasch Community Webseite! :)

in Warrior

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Currently we have food that gives us a chance to restore health on crit. This lets us abuse high-crit glass cannon builds to be ultimate damage source in dungeons, while still having a lot of survaviability.

So yeah, warrior is very good PvE-wise.

EU Aurora Glade

in Warrior

Posted by: azmodeus.3409

azmodeus.3409

yep, one of the strongest classes for dungeons/fractals. i play mine in spvp/www effectively as well.

in Warrior

Posted by: James Seth Lynch.2647

James Seth Lynch.2647

The biggest problem you will have as a warrior in PvP(despite what this thread makes it out as) is actually finding a group. A lot of players have very odd expectations of what a warrior is expected to do and will often just dump you for a Guardian…or complain that you arent a Guardian the entire time. In my experience.

Warriors are extremely effective in Dungeons and are the best class when dealing with Bosses due to our direct control, anti control, and anti-instant kill skills. When fighting some of the more chaotic bosses(Ascalonian catacombs Twins and…that other guy that drags everyone in for instakill…forget the name) are a great example. A good warrior can just wade right through all the disruption the boss can throw at you and proceed to strangle him to death. Hit one twin with Pin Down, swap weapons, Rifle Butt the other one away, Throw Bolas., kill. Thats what I used.

My best recommendation is Rifle/Low Bow or Rifle/Mace-Shield depending on party composition. The former gives you a lot of control with more immobilizing and AoE damage while the former again gives you a lot of control with more stuns and more survivability for a more well rounded team where you can specialize into a role. Both giving you a ton of single target damage output.

(edited by James Seth Lynch.2647)

in Warrior

Posted by: Jay.3284

Jay.3284

One of the strongest dungeon runners.

Unfortunately, there are A LOT of bad warriors out there making them look trashy.

Dungeon Master 8/8 | Fractal 50
80Rng – 80Wa – 80Thief – 80Grd – 80Ele – 80Engi – 80Necro

in Warrior

Posted by: VoiceOfUnreason.5976

VoiceOfUnreason.5976

Easily one of the best classes in dungeons, second only to Guardians who offer a lot more to the group as a whole. However their best work is done up close and if you don’t play them well that health pool isn’t gonna save you from dying quick in melee range. Their shouts and banners offer a lot of utility to the team and they can be pretty good at CC, in addition to having great overall damage. Nearly every weapon set is viable in dungeons, but as far as utility slots go…please for the love of god don’t run a full signet build into fractals, or any dungeon for that matter.

in Warrior

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

You will probably hear that they are overpowered. But in my opinion player skill is much bigger offender in balance-sector.

Perhaps, but in dungeons where you can zerg through with just sheer damage (Cof Exp, AC exp) trait 20/20 and 30 points in whatever and all you’ll ever have to do is press the 2,3 button on the GS and the occasionally signet of rage and you’ll be out damaging most classes, skill based or not.

It goes without saying in PvE they are easily the strongest in the game in overall effectiveness, except for maybe the D/D ele who can literally solo group event champions while facing tanking all their damage.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

(edited by LieutenantGoogle.7326)

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Perhaps, but in dungeons where you can zerg through with just sheer damage (Cof Exp, AC exp) trait 20/20 and 30 points in whatever and all you’ll ever have to do is press the 2,3 button on the GS and the occasionally signet of rage and you’ll be out damaging most classes, skill based or not.

It goes without saying in PvE they are easily the strongest in the game in overall effectiveness, except for maybe the D/D ele who can literally solo group event champions while facing tanking all their damage.

One class needs to be top damage dealer. In easy dungeons that will obviously be the best.
I don’t know by how huge margin Warrior beats everyone but seeing how bad most people are in this game I wouldn’t trust their opinion.