How do you deal with the aggro system?

in Warrior

Posted by: Thor.4065

Thor.4065

Q:

So personally I hate the aggro system in this game as its fairly primitive (seems to be whoever has the most toughness will be the main target). Unfortunately, this means for us warriors who like to shout heal somehow become the baddies’ prime target which leaves me kiting a lot during times when there are many enemies. I even dumped some of my toughness to try to make myself a less juicy target, but as a warrior, I still have more than the other classes. It’s like I’m being punished for wanting to heal because “He has a lot of toughness, MUST BE A TANK!!”

For anyone else who has high toughness, how are you able to not get 7-10+ enemies constantly following you around?

in Warrior

Posted by: CoaxialMazer.9140

CoaxialMazer.9140

Its cause your Thor >.>

lol all joking aside, there is an aggro system sort of.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aggro

Try reading this.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lobo Mau.4685

Lobo Mau.4685

Unfortunately, this means for us warriors who like to shout heal somehow become the baddies’ prime target…

Why do shout warriors need high toughness? Rune of the soldier will only add 50 toughness, that is not a lot. Tactics traits will give vitality/boon duration but no toughness either.

Anyways, as you get more experience in the game it becomes easier to manipulate agro. Just remember distance is a huge factor, if you cripple/immobilize your enemy and move away chances are it will attack someone else and if it doesnt then at least you will now have some time to heal. Also, during a boss fight, if you let others attack first and hold on for a few secs chances are the boss will not bother you much.

But yeah, if you have like more than 1600 toughness (most players have much less than that), deals a reasonable damage at melee distance then you will be getting a lot of agro.

in Warrior

Posted by: Qid.1937

Qid.1937

So personally I hate the aggro system in this game as its fairly primitive (seems to be whoever has the most toughness will be the main target). Unfortunately, this means for us warriors who like to shout heal somehow become the baddies’ prime target which leaves me kiting a lot during times when there are many enemies. I even dumped some of my toughness to try to make myself a less juicy target, but as a warrior, I still have more than the other classes. It’s like I’m being punished for wanting to heal because “He has a lot of toughness, MUST BE A TANK!!”

For anyone else who has high toughness, how are you able to not get 7-10+ enemies constantly following you around?

Reduce your toughness then? If you can’t take the heat don’t sit in the fire. Honestly as a shout warrior(you know that class you’ve admitted to already having high armor?) in dungeons shouldn’t be wearing any extra toughness at all.

BG Mrplow – Highly rated since 1987.

(edited by Qid.1937)

in Warrior

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

This is where everyone screams at you for not being a full Berserker Greatsword warrior.

What I do is try and balance vit/tough. I run full PVT armour with zerker everything else, and honestly I get ignored most of the time. If bosses cared about health pools then Guardians wouldn’t (for the most part) be the first to get targeted. As it was said before distance is a huge factor. The only boss that seems to be nigh unshakable is Mossman in FotM, once he picks a target you’re in the for the long haul.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Warrior

Posted by: Fourtyfives.6297

Fourtyfives.6297

A warrior with a full set of berserker’s is still more likely to get attention than most other classes, we share the highest healthpool with Necromancers and highest armor with guardian, both of which lack the other.

Also, close proximity and damage are factors in aggro; both of which fit a berserker warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

A warrior with a full set of berserker’s is still more likely to get attention than most other classes, we share the highest healthpool with Necromancers and highest armor with guardian, both of which lack the other.

Also, close proximity and damage are factors in aggro; both of which fit a berserker warrior.

True. But without Toughness you don’t start out as the initial aggro target. You have to earn it through DPS which hopefully means the mob is dead before you go down.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Qid.1937

Qid.1937

Some attention is good. 7-10 mobs in bers gear? never ever happens.

BG Mrplow – Highly rated since 1987.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rake.7854

Rake.7854

Some attention is good. 7-10 mobs in bers gear? never ever happens.

And how do you deal with it? You kill them all…

in Warrior

Posted by: Palinois.1064

Palinois.1064

Aggro is balanced out between toughness, dps, and healing power. Tough luck getting some1 else to get aggro if you got the highest stats :/

Just remember the 5 Ds, dodge-duck-dip-dive-dodge(lol). Dodging or using an evade attack(too bad warriors only get one though) can help more than you think.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

That’s why I keep my DR on 20%.
Why sport 30% and take a ton more hits so it’s would be like wearing wet toilet paper as armor?
Even if you have a Guardian how can be sure he’s not a Warrior wannabe with 2100 armor and full """DPS"""?
Go 20% and combine dodges/evades/blocks/heal, no need for more.

in Warrior

Posted by: DuhGeneral.8940

DuhGeneral.8940

ya its pretty kitten one day i was chilling in a little camp in orr with a skill point guy in there that you had to fight. well someone comes and activates the guy and starts to hammer away at him. Well the skill point guys runs across the camp just to start attacking me while i was just sitting there.

And ya it seems toughness draws the most aggro so the only thing i could tell you is less toughness but if you are running some clerics with your healing shout build then your kinda screwed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Thraxas.6354

Thraxas.6354

I’m not sure its just toughness for all mobs, on the plinx event the final boss seems to run after and follow for absolutely ages the first person to land a hit on him irrespective of their level / toughness.

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

A lot of mobs have special aggro rules, especially bosses. A good example are the Riflemen in CM; their priority is reversed in that they like to snipe those with the least Toughness/Armor.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?