How does Unsuspecting Foe work

in Warrior

Posted by: Jerek.6271

Jerek.6271

The tooltip clearly states 50% critical chance against stunned foes. My question is if I normally run with 52% critical chance in spvp. Does unsuspecting foe give an extra 50% or does it actually decrease my crit chance.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unsuspecting_Foe

in Warrior

Posted by: Chimerael.2361

Chimerael.2361

I’ve seen other posts about in non A-Net forums, saying that it does stack, and a few builds built around this particular trait.

An example: http://www.gw2build.com/builds/wombo-combo-wombo-combo-unsuspecting-foe-5671.html

In practice, however, I have yet to test this. Sounds like it could be very devastating.

Tempest Behemoth | Chimerael | Batryxamat | Maelstrycerion
Seventh Abyss [Abys] of Darkhaven

in Warrior

Jerek.6271

Thanks, I have also seen on other non A-Net forums saying that it actually lowers it. I am not very good at testing myself so if anyone has put work into this already please let me know.

Thanks a bunch

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Stun someone, get +50% critical rate. At least that’s how it works for me.

I also heard it was “50% of your total critical rate” added to the total critical rate.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

From my experience running the 49% crit chance GS build, when I shield bash and then use 100lbs, 8of9 of the hits are criticals

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in Warrior

Interpret Interrupt.3824

From my experience running the 49% crit chance GS build, when I shield bash and then use 100lbs, 8of9 of the hits are criticals

K Pop

in Warrior

Jerek.6271

I appreciate feedback, but the stun from shield bash is only 1 second long. By the time your into HB I don’t think you’d be getting 9 hits off during the stun. It’s a bit hard to test.

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Skull Crack, Rune of Paralyzation with Mace + Shield.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in Warrior

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

If you have existing 50% and you hit a stunned target, the crit is garaunteed. And just incase anyone was wondering, it does not apply to knockdowns (haven’t tested daze’s but I assume not).

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

What is interesting with this Trait is the following:

The F1 Burst ability of the Hammer will apply it’s AoE stun before it applies it’s damage; so this ability always gets the 50% crit bonus against whatever it hits, as long as the target doesn’t have Defiant/Stability. Run with at least 50% crit chance and you’ll have 100% crit chance with Earthshaker!

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)

in Warrior

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

The F1 Burst ability of the Hammer will apply it’s AoE stun before it applies it’s damage; so this ability always gets the 50% crit bonus against whatever it hits, as long as the target doesn’t have Defiant/Stability. Run with at least 50% crit chance and you’ll have 100% crit chance with Earthshaker!

Nice I’m gonna go try this now, I must be pretty close to 50% crit with fury

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Nice I’m gonna go try this now, I must be pretty close to 50% crit with fury

If you pick up the Merciless Hammer it also gets permanent 25% damage increase due to all the targets being automatically stunned before the damage drops on them.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

hmm didnt realise it was in the crit tree, would involve me shifting 10 points from the power tree and losing 12% dmg at full adrenaline

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Vexien.4790

Vexien.4790

hmm didnt realise it was in the crit tree, would involve me shifting 10 points from the power tree and losing 12% dmg at full adrenaline

If you’re going to be using Earthshaker a lot, you won’t be missing out on much (except for on Earthshaker itself).

in Warrior

Interpret Interrupt.3824

I appreciate feedback, but the stun from shield bash is only 1 second long. By the time your into HB I don’t think you’d be getting 9 hits off during the stun. It’s a bit hard to test.

100lbs with frenzy is fully executable after a shield bash, if your shield has the +15% stun duration sigil attached.
My point was though that the number of crits could only be justified by a near 100% crit chance.

K Pop

in Warrior

Posted by: fierceness.6102

fierceness.6102

Yes, but has A-net confirmed this? The language of the tool tip makes it sounds like the crit chance is a flat 50% after a stun, but everyone seems to interpret it the other way.

But other traits, such as Heightened Focus clearly use the word “gain” to imply additional crit chance. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heightened_Focus

Just b/c you crit after a stun doesn’t mean you had a 100% crit chance. You would have to see if you don’t crit, with at least 50% crit on you. Probably the 3 second mace stun is the best way to test.

It would be great if A-net could confirm how it works.

in Warrior

Posted by: fierceness.6102

fierceness.6102

100lbs with frenzy is fully executable after a shield bash, if your shield has the +15% stun duration sigil attached.

FYI-this would also depend on what other condition duration you have. You would need at least +10% more condition duration to get up to +25% stun duration and get an extra 1/4 sec on your stun. To get to 1/2 sec you’d need +35% condition duration which would require a full 30 pts in the power/condition duration tree (which you might have) and also another 5% elsewhere (maybe some runes?).
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition_Duration

My question is why does everyone shorten the “Hundred Blades” skill to “100lbs”? Isn’t that 100 pounds? :P

in Warrior

Posted by: aathomas.4638

aathomas.4638

I min/maxed my warrior build to have exactly 50% crit chance before I stun into burst damage and I have 100% crit chance when I go for burst damage so it does indeed stack. This is even more evident when I 100blade after stun and they all crit. I have been doing this since before January so its has always been like this.

Grumpy Jugo
[AZRG]
Dragonbrand

(edited by aathomas.4638)

in Warrior

Posted by: Scorael.8952

Scorael.8952

I can confirm that it stacks. I have built my warrior around the idea and it is painful to the enemy.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kazuno.9218

Kazuno.9218

I confirm to, i use this trait with a chain stun pvp warrior Mace-shield/Hammer, and it’s great.

Kazzuno[VSS]
Vizunah Square

in Warrior

Posted by: Jonwar.9205

Jonwar.9205

My point was though that the number of crits could only be justified by a near 100% crit chance.

I… don’t believe that’s the case. 2s generally isn’t enough for me to get a full cast anyways off of bulls (frenzied). Still a perfectly good combo with WW at the end though.

Hurr Durr Blades – PvP Warrior
Jangeol – WvW Warrior