How is warrior's survivability in general.

in Warrior

Posted by: Stasticeel.2745

Stasticeel.2745

Hey,

I decided to reroll from my ranger and focus on a new class for a while. I am looking at either guardian or warrior.

Played Guardian once and allthough its heals and support is nice, the weapons felt slow, the chain attacks of the hammer and greatsword where it waits before it smashes on the ground.

I think I prefer warrior more for being more smooth. But how are they in tanking in both pve, and going into wvw zergs? I know both the guardian and warriors are proper classes for dungeons, but will I die all the time because i would be a glass cannon. Or can i do decent damage while able to take some hits?

Basicly i am worried I would not be able to stand on my own.

Many thanks in advance.

in Warrior

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

It has the least survivability of any class in the game.

Hope that answers your question.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Hopefully it doesn’t, because that’s far from true.

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

Warriors survivability depends on movement skills and utilities rather then damage soaking and health regeneation. So if you plan on playing a tank you’d be very disappointed, but if you play as a mobile striker it can be very rewarding.

Skullclamp

in Warrior

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

That’s why the good spvp players unanimously agree survivability is the warrior’s #1 crippling issue at this point, right?

Name one class that has less survivability than the warrior while still being efficient in combat.

(Hint: Full PVT shout-heal build is not a correct counterpoint)

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

(edited by deathTouch.9706)

in Warrior

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

The warrior is somewhat tanky in general. The sustain is the problem though. If you hit your opponents it’s ok, otherwise it’s not that great.

A friend who is supporting you (or a group) help a lot and that’s when a warrior really shines. You can tank, have good CC, damage and/or support.

The warrior is definitely viable when it comes to PvE and WvW.

in Warrior

Posted by: Stasticeel.2745

Stasticeel.2745

Thank you for your feedback. The message i get is that the biggest survival problem is in sPvP, this part is the least interesting to me, as i focus on pve, wvwvw zerg maybe some roaming with a few people. So the latest may give me some problem if i do not pay attention.

I played some mesmer in pve, they are in the same boat i guess? They can handle themselves but it is hard work?

Anyway, i don’t mind active dodging and playing around with my skills kiting, etc… Way more fun then just standing and press 1.

Also, are there any traits i should go for in my early levels as i will just be doing personal story and map completion in pve? Or point me to a guide, if it aint to much trouble.

Cheers~

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Warrior survivability are horrible.
Just this!

Any classes that comes with full power, break warrior in pieces in less of 5s.

I play with 3100+ thougness, and elementarist, ranger, thieves, mesmer and guardians just ignore all thougness. I not even have time of use skills because insane dmg or cc spamm.

No way. Every good player will sweep the ground with you, and you not will be able to react.

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

The warrior is somewhat tanky in general. The sustain is the problem though. If you hit your opponents it’s ok, otherwise it’s not that great.

A friend who is supporting you (or a group) help a lot and that’s when a warrior really shines. You can tank, have good CC, damage and/or support.

The warrior is definitely viable when it comes to PvE and WvW.

Yes. But just because gears and buffs, things that all classes have access, then the sustain diference continues.
A elementarist or guardian only will be able to deal much more dmg without careful with defences or sustain :/

in Warrior

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Just make an immortal regen ranger, look for the build, the survivality of that thing is really broken, warrior is not a good choice for survivality.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

Just make an immortal regen ranger, look for the build, the survivality of that thing is really broken, warrior is not a good choice for survivality.

Thats my main build, thing is no build can bring me down 1v1!

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

That’s why the good spvp players unanimously agree survivability is the warrior’s #1 crippling issue at this point, right?

Name one class that has less survivability than the warrior while still being efficient in combat.

(Hint: Full PVT shout-heal build is not a correct counterpoint)

Oh, actually, I read your original post wrong I think. XD

I read “at least the survivability” rather than “the least”. In the case of what you actually wrote, I definitely agree with you!

(edited by Sil.4560)

in Warrior

Posted by: Veritas.6071

Veritas.6071

Thank you for your feedback. The message i get is that the biggest survival problem is in sPvP, this part is the least interesting to me, as i focus on pve, wvwvw zerg maybe some roaming with a few people. So the latest may give me some problem if i do not pay attention.

I played some mesmer in pve, they are in the same boat i guess? They can handle themselves but it is hard work?

Anyway, i don’t mind active dodging and playing around with my skills kiting, etc… Way more fun then just standing and press 1.

Also, are there any traits i should go for in my early levels as i will just be doing personal story and map completion in pve? Or point me to a guide, if it aint to much trouble.

Cheers~

All of our low level “cheats” have been adjusted. The two things I would recommend for low level PvE are mobility (Warrior’s Sprint, Sword, Warhorn, GS, Signet of Rage) for travel and high damage for killing. Those two things and experimenting with all the weapons/utilities/traits will help you have a smooth ride to 80 and also to be prepared for focusing on refining your build since you’ve, hopefully, discovered a preferred playstyle.

Ve·ri·tas [English ver-i-tahs] A Latin noun meaning Truth.

in Warrior

Posted by: stefanplc.5234

stefanplc.5234

it’s not bad but it’s dependent on your reaction time and you being able to read your opponents… you’re not a meat tank that can just take damage, you’ll die pretty often that way.. instead you have blocks and immunity abilities that allow you to survive bursts if you use them at the right time… the warrior is a pretty high skill cap profession in the sense that you really have to know all the other professions to do well and even then your’e not as good as someone of equal skill playing a different profession… it’s not terrible though and very rewarding once you get the hang of it… you have to work for your victories and it feels great when you score one

Matale & Sohpital – Warrior & Thief PvP
www.youtube.com/stefanplc

in Warrior

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

Cheers~

Just play it. Most of the people complaining are just jaded. I say play every class and switch to whatever you are in the mode for. I started with warrior, moved to thief, then elementalist, then ranger and now I am back to a warrior. I have an engineering I am leveling just by doing dailies and monthlies.

If you spec to survive, you can. You can have 100% movement, reduced condition and stun duration, stability, and immunity. You could also have decent passive heals. At 1200 healing, your warrior can get 250 from signet, 330 from regen, and 560/3 from adrenal health. You can pick up your banner during a fight and cast another 1010 AOE heal. It is very easy to stack 35+ seconds of regen before a fight. More than enough passive healing to survive during a zerg fight. Your damage and CC isn’t that bad either depending on what weapons you take. Conditions seem to work better since most of your stats are tied up with toughness and healing but you could just do stun weapons. Finally, you get a pretty decent rezz banner. I saved many of garrisons with it.

You can also play a great-sword build. They can fly across the battlefield. If the fight doesn’t go the way you planned, fly away and repeat. Like someone else already said, your survival is tied to your movement.

I guess what I am trying to say is, you can survive if you want. There are drawbacks. You can’t do all zerker and expect to survive, you have to sacrifice something. Find out what works for you. If you don’t like it, play another class and learns the in’s and out’s of it. After awhile, you will figure out each class has it strengths and weaknesses.