How much Toughness/Armor for a Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Odinson.9315

Odinson.9315

Just curious to see how much Armor you guys like to have on your Warriors. I forgot where, but I read that 3100 was a solid number so Im right about there. Im guessing it depends if you are playing an offensive or a defensive build, so ill state that I play pretty defensively (hammer/maces/healing shouts)

in Warrior

Posted by: Sami.1560

Sami.1560

On 3113 at the moment, with full exotic cleric armour (with soldier runes) and accessories and 30/0/30/30/0 build. Weapon is cvurrently a Berserker Greatsword as I don’t have the gold for a Hammer at this time (getting multiple sets of armour and weapons is expensive).

in Warrior

Posted by: Olocan.5976

Olocan.5976

On 3113 at the moment, with full exotic cleric armour (with soldier runes) and accessories and 30/0/30/30/0 build. Weapon is cvurrently a Berserker Greatsword as I don’t have the gold for a Hammer at this time (getting multiple sets of armour and weapons is expensive).

That build isn’t possible =-/

in Warrior

Posted by: Odinson.9315

Odinson.9315

Im at 3124 (think thats the exact number). 0/0/20/30/20 build, Power/Tough/Vit chest legs and boots, valkyrie gloves and shoulders, cleric everything else

in Warrior

Posted by: Niadon.9270

Niadon.9270

Players are using cleric armor, could share their dps damage with the chosen weapon and also if they are using cleric trinkets or something else in a diff direction such I dunno power/precision and so on? ty:)

PS: toughenss?

Far ShiverPeaks
Endure Pain [PAIN]

in Warrior

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

I’m running knight’s armor with knight’s jewelry. Runes are 2 water, 2 air, 2 speed for 100% swiftness from Signet of Rage. Build is 10/0/30/10/20. I have 2165 toughness and 3376 armor. I have all exotics except my rings and earrings which are only mastercrafted. Running hammer / sword and shield combo. Switch out hammer to longbow for keep sieges. Over all my build is pretty defensive. The only offensive trait I even have is Berserker’s Power in the Strength tree.

As for my DPS, I don’t really know. I haven’t tested actual DPS, but I hit for a proximately 1k-1.5k with the hammer and crit for upwards of 2k-2.5k. Extremely durable in WvW. The only classes that do noticeable damage to me are pure DPS thieves, but I can usually 3-4 shot them if I can catch them.

Last night I got caught by a Greatsword warrior in WvW. My stun break was on CD and ended up eating the whole Bull Rush -> Frenzy -> Hundred Blades combo. Only lost a little less than half of my HP. Then proceeded to turn him inside out with my hammer.

Stuff goes here.

in Warrior

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

3000 is basically the offset for when you start wasting investments you could be putting somewhere else. Of course, also keep in mind that having a lot of health or a lot of toughness doesn’t mean a whole lot. You can still get burned down to 0 very, very quickly, with very little effort. Most of your actual longevity will come from skill and trait utility (which your profession does not have much of), although you obviously still need both. Hence why bunker builds for Guardians, Engineers or similar are considered the actual tanks of the game, and why Warriors are usually a free, effortless kill you desperately chase across WvW, because you know if you catch it alone, it probably won’t be able to stop you, if you have half a brain.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brimwald.5894

Brimwald.5894

Another good question for this thread is, “How much vitality is good to go along with all that toughness?”

in Warrior

Niadon.9270

I’m running knight’s armor with knight’s jewelry. Runes are 2 water, 2 air, 2 speed for 100% swiftness from Signet of Rage. Build is 10/0/30/10/20. I have 2165 toughness and 3376 armor. I have all exotics except my rings and earrings which are only mastercrafted. Running hammer / sword and shield combo. Switch out hammer to longbow for keep sieges. Over all my build is pretty defensive. The only offensive trait I even have is Berserker’s Power in the Strength tree.

I compared knigth’s amor stats with Melandru armor plus Grenth boots and yes, it gives more toughness then the karma armor but also less power.
Actually my attack value is 3101 with Hammer and 3022 with Rifle and I don’t wanna go down this values.

Moreover, before the karma armor I had the invader armor with crest of the soldiers slotted and knight trinkets that gave me a little bit more power then now with the Superior runes, something about 2130 toughness (actually 2038 with rifle and 1910 with hammer) but yes, less amor.

So could you say me your attack value with your weapon? I would like to know if the diff is so big or not

Far ShiverPeaks
Endure Pain [PAIN]

in Warrior

Posted by: Sami.1560

Sami.1560

Players are using cleric armor, could share their dps damage with the chosen weapon and also if they are using cleric trinkets or something else in a diff direction such I dunno power/precision and so on? ty:)

PS: toughenss?

Damage is bugger all, which is why I am switching to the Hammer instead. Going full defensive/healing/crowd control. Power is very high though, and as the Hammer seems to have big hits (albeit slower ones) the damage isn’t as bad as the Greatsword without precision/crit damage.

Note that this is with full clerics gear (armour and accessories). I’m currently working on an Invader set (power/toughness/vitality) as well, and will probably mix and match the armour/accessories with Berserker stuff to get a good balance of damage and survivbility.

With the cleric gear however, it’s there for AoE healing so if you’re not maxing it out then don’t bother taking it. The hammer (or off-hand maxe) is a good weapon to go with it as you’re speccing into that tree anyway and the disables/stuns/etc prevent your allies from taking damage.

in Warrior

Niadon.9270

stats, power included?

I use hammer too, but it has an annoying problem, as the cast of the skills is slow, si also so easy interrupt it. I don’t know how many times it happens, it’s horrible. If I switch for a axes, interruption skills it’s a far memory.

Far ShiverPeaks
Endure Pain [PAIN]

in Warrior

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

I compared knigth’s amor stats with Melandru armor plus Grenth boots and yes, it gives more toughness then the karma armor but also less power.
Actually my attack value is 3101 with Hammer and 3022 with Rifle and I don’t wanna go down this values.

Moreover, before the karma armor I had the invader armor with crest of the soldiers slotted and knight trinkets that gave me a little bit more power then now with the Superior runes, something about 2130 toughness (actually 2038 with rifle and 1910 with hammer) but yes, less amor.

So could you say me your attack value with your weapon? I would like to know if the diff is so big or not

Attack value is 2901. Keep in mind that I still only have mastercrafted quality with 4 of my jewels. Crit is at 37% (really 57% with continuous fury).

Stuff goes here.