How necessary are strength runes for soloing?

in Warrior

Posted by: OptimistPrime.9283

OptimistPrime.9283

Hello there!

I am very new to dungeon soloing, and have watched a few videos, and it constantly seems that I am doing a pitiful amount of damage comparatively, (especially on hundred blades).

Compared to scholar runes, would strength runes make a huge amount of difference? (A couple thousand damage per second, I would say) or is it simply inexperience? Because inexperience can be fixed. 83g cannot, easily. Haha

Edit: I ask primarily because I heard scholar is better for group play, which I do far more often than solo, so I worry it would be a waste of money in group play.

Darkhaven’s giant purple cat thief thing

(edited by OptimistPrime.9283)

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Nike worked it out for strength to be approximately 3% better DPS than scholar when you have 100% uptime on the 10% damage bonus. You will essentially never be able to maintain scholar bonus 100% of the time especially while maintaining a perfect rotation simultaneously.

So instead of 3% better, it turns out to be a lot more in actual gameplay. I know it costs a lot but if you’re really keen on improving your output then you’ll have to decide on how much you want to dedicate to it.

I don’t suggest replacing your runes. I’ll tell you what I did — I have two ascended sets with both rune types. I use the scholar set only when I’m confident that the group that I’m in isn’t inept. Instead of what I did, I suggest an exotic set for your strength runes and scholar for your ascended since ascended only really has use in high level FotM (which most people do in groups lol).

:)

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

in Warrior

Posted by: Deccode.3659

Deccode.3659

So Purple Miku basically said that Strength runes are so expensive that you better get a second ascended armor set, lol.

in Warrior

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Hello there!

I am very new to dungeon soloing, and have watched a few videos, and it constantly seems that I am doing a pitiful amount of damage comparatively, (especially on hundred blades).

Compared to scholar runes, would strength runes make a huge amount of difference? (A couple thousand damage per second, I would say) or is it simply inexperience? Because inexperience can be fixed. 83g cannot, easily. Haha

Edit: I ask primarily because I heard scholar is better for group play, which I do far more often than solo, so I worry it would be a waste of money in group play.

If you find their hundred blades doing more damage, take note of whether they start it with a lot of might (you can hit 40k+ on medium armour targets if you start your hb at high might stacks), have bloodlust stacks, are using signet of might, have banner of discipline and if the boss has any vulnerability.

Like, you might hit some dismal 18k on Lupicus and then watch someone else do a 30k but they will have bloodlust, high might, vuln, dragon breath bun proc, discipline banner, attack of opportunity and stick and move damage modifiers active.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

So Purple Miku basically said that Strength runes are so expensive that you better get a second ascended armor set, lol.

Try reading a little more carefully.

in Warrior

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Sorry to be a devil’s advocate, but you had to update your post which means it wasn’t clear enough the first time around. Additionally, you didn’t read the OP very carefully either which was what created the entire confusion. (Although Deccode didn’t read your answer very well either, but it wasn’t extremely clear the first time around.)

The OP does not seem to have either Runes of Strength or Runes of the Scholar, making it a question of “which should I aim for”. You did answer it, although your answer also responded as though the OP had a set of Scholar runes.

Your answer was helpful, but it was also misleading. What you meant to say (and I did read it before you updated it and after) was, in fewer words:

Get Strength runes. If you have Scholar, don’t replace them (instead, get another armor set).

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Sorry to be a devil’s advocate, but you had to update your post which means it wasn’t clear enough the first time around. Additionally, you didn’t read the OP very carefully either which was what created the entire confusion. (Although Deccode didn’t read your answer very well either, but it wasn’t extremely clear the first time around.)

The OP does not seem to have either Runes of Strength or Runes of the Scholar, making it a question of “which should I aim for”. You did answer it, although your answer also responded as though the OP had a set of Scholar runes.

Your answer was helpful, but it was also misleading. What you meant to say (and I did read it before you updated it and after) was, in fewer words:

Get Strength runes. If you have Scholar, don’t replace them (instead, get another armor set).

I updated my post because I forgot the second asterisk in the bolded sentence. Notice “edited _ days ago”?

You’re also wrong; I did read the OP and wasn’t misleading at all. The OP didn’t claim to not have scholar runes that’s just what you’re inferring differently than me. Either way it doesn’t matter what his current rune type is, because he’s asking for whether or not strength runes yield a noticeable difference for output compared to scholar when soloing. That’s what I answered.

I then added to my response by offering my own suggestion on what would be ideal and most efficient with respect to cost longterm.

I don’t know why you’re so confused but hopefully this post helps clear it up for you.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)