How's my Build?

How's my Build?

in Warrior

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

Hey there! Thanks for taking an interest. I’ve owned this game since year one, yet I’ve never been able to get a Warrior past level 20. After trying a few paths and skill sets I decided that maybe this class just wasn’t for me. When the specializations patch was released it gave me reason again to look at the Warrior and rediscover its potential. I think I’ve finally crafted a build that I find interesting enough to wait till 80 for, and I’m confident that this Warrior will go the distance! That being said, I would like to hear some seasoned Warriors’ opinions on it. This build is primarily what I’ll be using in PvE and Dungeons, but I can easily adjust it for other modes. What I want critique on is the base of it. Yes, I know, it doesn’t use Zerker gear, and that was a conscious decision I made to sacrifice a lot of potential crit damage for the ability to take A LOT of punishment. I was leaning towards more of a tanky/supportive role anyways. Enjoy! Or something…

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR8ej8cQlH2FCuhAdIGKCKbAegAIDi+OJwVvFSBA-ThSBwAGV+hT9nOPAgU6GAdQAou/gElgaOCAsN/B4CAAA-e

How's my Build?

in Warrior

Posted by: Schokoladenonkel.7295

Schokoladenonkel.7295

There are enough good PVE builds that you can look into to get an idea what is needed and what warrior can bring to a party in PVE.

There is no need in PVE Content to use tankier gear, you should always opt for damage. You don’t need Toughness, you don’t need Vitality, in fact having more toughness than your party makes you more likely to die, as bosses are more likely to focus you instead of your teammates and no this is NOT a good thing, because you are “tanky”. The hard hitting bosses will still down you no matter how much Soldier gear you bring with you, the best defense in GW 2 is good offense and to kill things quickly.

The things you can’t kill quickly u will need to learn to dodge and use other mechanics, because no matter what you run you are still not able to tank through anything.

I’m not judging anyone for using other gear than Berserker, but you will be worth alot less and will bring alot less to a party than Warriors running damage builds and you can make a conscious decision to do so, but you should be aware of what you are doing. Your utility skills should always be Banners and a Signet to push your parties and your personal damage, unless you have some specific encounters like Lupicus, where you might want to switch out a little damage for a survivability skill.

TL;DR: Look at other PVE Builds, your build is basically useless and a burden to your party members, you might want to reconsider basically everything about it.

Best Regards,

Choco

(edited by Schokoladenonkel.7295)

How's my Build?

in Warrior

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_Phalanx_Strength

This is where you want to be in PvE. Not sure why you don’t want to run berserker gear, but this build will work in Knights gear too or a Berserker/Soldier mix if you absolutely must be tanky.

Here are the fundamental flaws in your build…

1. Shrug it Off: you don’t need this. Condis are not that prevelant in PvE, and you have Trooper Runes and tons of shouts as is. This is just adding utility that you genuinely don’t need since you’ll never be under that kind of condi pressure in PvE. This (weak) trait comes at the expense of Empowered Allies, which is one of the most powerful traits in the game.

2. Vigorous Shouts. You misunderstand what role warrior plays in PvE. Warrior is an offensive buff class. The most powerful things you can be doing: Phalanx Strength, Empowered allies, Banner of Discipline/Strength are all offensive buffs. Warriors are the gods of offensive buffs. Shouts heals are pitiful defensive buffs. You are playing to your weaknesses rather than your strengths.

3. Defense line. With gear that tanky, you don’t need any of these traits to survive. That said, even if you did your choices are puzzling. Dogged March doesn’t have a use in PvE. Enemies don’t snare you and train you to death like in PvP. Your build is overloaded with condition removal. I can’t fathom what this trait actually does. Most of the remaining trait choices are unnecessary defensive buffs. I don’t think I can think of any PvE encounters where Last Stand is going to be of big use for you.

TBH, my advice would be to run the PS metabuild but utilize whatever tanky gear you feel you need for survival.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt