How to build my first Condi warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Avipt.9632

Avipt.9632

So ive played with Zerk gear since the start in PvE, id like to tryout Condi warrior to just try something else and use aother weapons.
Now when i looked at gear it said Vipers on Metabattle for Raid PvE i dont raid so idont know if its good.
But i couldt find vipers on Black Market, is there another piece of armor i could get for a good build?

Also im curious is condi warrior any good?

in Warrior

Posted by: PANIC ITS WILL.2748

PANIC ITS WILL.2748

Well, if we’re gonna go by ‘meta’ standards, gearing a condo warrior requires a mixture of Viper’s and Sinister’s armour, weapons and trinkets.

Both sets equipment require a unique insignia and inscription that can not be bought on the Black Lion Market. They are bought by changing various certain kinds of currency from certain maps/ zones.

The recipe’s for Viper’s insignias and inscriptions can be bought using Lumps of Aurilium. They can only be farmed in Auric Basin.

The recipe’s for Sinister’s insignias and inscriptions can be bought using Bandit Crests.
They can only be farmed in the Silverwastes.

Sinister’s equipment include attributes for Power, Precision and Condition Damage. Viper’s equipment include attributes Power, Precision, Condition Damage and Expertise.

The reason you want Viper’s stat equipment is because they include a secondary attribute called ‘Expertise’.
Expertise increases the duration of the conditions you inflict on your enemies.
Every 15 points of Expertise adds 1% to condition duration.
Essentially, the longer your conditions last, the more damage they deal.

Since the early days of HoT, my warrior has always been a Condi Zerker. I was never concerned with out damaging anyone. I was fed up with the Power builds. I wanted something different and Condi Zerker worked for me. It’s been fun running around with a Bow, Sword and Torch. There’s a nice mixture of close-ranged and long-range damage. Coming from a mesmer background (which I found particularly close-range oriented) this was a nice change.

My Condi Zerker is currently in full Ascend Viper’s amor & weapons with 2 pieces of Sinister Equipment (Shoulders & Ring). I’m not gonna lie, it took a long time to grind and earn enough stuff to craft everything, even with something as simple as transmuting in the mystic forge.

If you do plan on pursuing the Condi route, don’t bother getting the ascend recipes. Start grinding for the exotic insignia and inscription recipes and simply transit your Berserker’s equipment into Viper’s/ Sinister’s in the Mystic Forge. That’s what I recommend.

in Warrior

Posted by: PANIC ITS WILL.2748

PANIC ITS WILL.2748

These guys here off some excellent guides for builds & equipment, etc…
They also offer rotations if you’re looking to optimize the damage you deal.
There’s also written explanations, etc..

http://qtfy.eu

in Warrior

Posted by: Avipt.9632

Avipt.9632

Cool thanks for tip, but can i run with some other armor than Vipers in the meantime? while i farm i mean, like Carion? Or something?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sandzibar.5134

Sandzibar.5134

Well you could get some rampagers armour from orr and stick some cheap krait runes in it. That will probably do a decent job whilst you work on getting Vipers stuff.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tactician_Deathstrider sells the armour for Karma.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

You can solo every pve thing in the open world with trailblazers and still do a kitten ton of damage.

Vipers gives a little more dps, but at the expense of a tonnnnnnnnn of tank/survivability. You won’t be amazed by the damage difference you gain by going vipers…..just cause the damage is already so high with trailblazers.
That said, you will likely get pretty bored/lazy using trailbalzers since it makes everything a meaningless grind lol. But….you won’t die in the story or anywhere you might otherwise have a problem.
YOu will need vipers for many of the raid instances though. Although technically you could use trailbalzers if you do the tanks jobs for the instances. Just stuff to think about.

Cleave weapons are: bow, sword/torch
pvp/wvsw weapons: Mace/sword, Mace/shield, Sword/shield,

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in Warrior

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

You can solo every pve thing in the open world with trailblazers and still do a kitten ton of damage.

Vipers gives a little more dps, but at the expense of a tonnnnnnnnn of tank/survivability. You won’t be amazed by the damage difference you gain by going vipers…..just cause the damage is already so high with trailblazers.
That said, you will likely get pretty bored/lazy using trailbalzers since it makes everything a meaningless grind lol. But….you won’t die in the story or anywhere you might otherwise have a problem.
YOu will need vipers for many of the raid instances though. Although technically you could use trailbalzers if you do the tanks jobs for the instances. Just stuff to think about.

Cleave weapons are: bow, sword/torch
pvp/wvsw weapons: Mace/sword, Mace/shield, Sword/shield,

I will point out that crafting trailblazers is stupid expensive… I thought about making some exotic trailblazer gear for a condi trap ranger and saw how much maguuma lilies are on the TP… 0_o

Viper with some Dire stuff would be cheaper by far with only a slight loss of dps that will only be noticeable on bosses and such.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

…..don’t craft hot stats. That’s a huge mistake.

Use an existing ascended set, and change the prefix of it in the mystik forge to what you want. YOu will save a ton of gold.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in Warrior

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

…..don’t craft hot stats. That’s a huge mistake.

Use an existing ascended set, and change the prefix of it in the mystik forge to what you want. YOu will save a ton of gold.

YEAH!! Rabid is the cheapest I believe atm and then just swap it over, unless you have really deep pockets do what Cerby said!!

in Warrior

Posted by: CAA.9653

CAA.9653

Where do ascended Vipers and Sinister rings and accessories come from? I can’t find them in game.

Guardian – Cameid, but my friends call me Cam

in Warrior

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

Where do ascended Vipers and Sinister rings and accessories come from? I can’t find them in game.

The new LS maps have stat selectable trinkets that include the new HoT stats. Silverwastes can let you earn Sinister stuff pretty quickly too.

Also, if you have LS2, you can get several sinister trinkets through achievements.

in Warrior

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

http://xtremetheory.com/wvw-roaming-condi-warrior/

Not sure the difference you’d need for PvE compared to WvW, but the build above is the condition build that I run in WvW. It is very high condi DPS and very tank at the same time. I also have several game play videos and skill rotation guides there.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com