How to counter p/d thief

How to counter p/d thief

in Warrior

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

A p/d thief tore me and 4 others a new one extremely easy (i’m a cond warior, the others a mix of hammer/gs and hammer/mace warriors)

No one cold lock him as by the time we targeted him he was invisible, then hitting us for 150 tick bleeds. – aoe/flame arrow/hammer seemed to have no effect due to his dodging.

Was amasing to watch how easily he wiped us out… I guess we should have run.

Next time we will :-)

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

How to counter p/d thief

in Warrior

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

I play both and yes, p/d counters warriors pretty hard.
Don’t bother fighting as he can get away any time if he is losing
and you will just be worn down over time.
On the plus side – p/d isn’t really good at chasing fleeing targets.

How to counter p/d thief

in Warrior

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

If you trait for the usual regen warrior build with lots of – condition duration, the thief will have difficult time taking you down.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

How to counter p/d thief

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

actually as a hammer warrior, d/p thieves are cake (or for me), you just gotta earthshaker correctly onto them, u have to aim the edge of your earthshaker on the thief so you don’t land on their black powder that way you don’t get blinded and stun them.

How to counter p/d thief

in Warrior

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

actually as a hammer warrior, d/p thieves are cake (or for me), you just gotta earthshaker correctly onto them, u have to aim the edge of your earthshaker on the thief so you don’t land on their black powder that way you don’t get blinded and stun them.

The op was aking about p/d, not d/p. Completely different playstyle and sources of damage. Counters war hard due to blind on stealth and insane cond damage.
Cleansing ire is fine and all but you gotta land those first with all those blinds+
you can be kited pretty easily.

How to counter p/d thief

in Warrior

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

traited warhorn, then use any weapon set you want. works against any condi build ever

How to counter p/d thief

in Warrior

Posted by: kroven.4895

kroven.4895

If you have a shield, trait reflection so they get hit with the blind as you block then stun them and theyre done.

How to counter p/d thief

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

The op was aking about p/d, not d/p. Completely different playstyle and sources of damage. Counters war hard due to blind on stealth and insane cond damage.
Cleansing ire is fine and all but you gotta land those first with all those blinds+
you can be kited pretty easily.

Whoops, that’s a my bad on the reading part

How to counter p/d thief

in Warrior

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

When I was rolling my mace/sword + sword/shield build with reflect projectiles, they normally just killed themselves. I would actually let them get the CnD off so that they can use sneak attack on themselves.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

How to counter p/d thief

in Warrior

Posted by: stoneshank.4538

stoneshank.4538

When I was rolling my mace/sword + sword/shield build with reflect projectiles, they normally just killed themselves. I would actually let them get the CnD off so that they can use sneak attack on themselves.

Would love to see what kind of build that is (the mace/sword + sword/shield), is it a condition build?

How to counter p/d thief

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Would love to see what kind of build that is (the mace/sword + sword/shield), is it a condition build?

Condi but with 3 block skills, 2 stuns, and a daze.

How to counter p/d thief

in Warrior

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

I play both and yes, p/d counters warriors pretty hard.
Don’t bother fighting as he can get away any time if he is losing
and you will just be worn down over time.
On the plus side – p/d isn’t really good at chasing fleeing targets.

theyre getting an immob on #2 next patch

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma