How to prove to yourself warriors are not OP

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

Roll warrior
pick up healsurge and dont grab berserker stance, cleansing ire or dogged march.
kitten on noobs and wait for them to call warrior OP.
Laugh and you are done.
(any warrior from launch or pre buffs will know why this is so comical…)

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

I already use healing surge and do not use stances…
But…
Without cleanser?
lol
I would be eaten alive by conditions :/

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Roll warrior
pick up healsurge and dont grab berserker stance, cleansing ire or dogged march.
Laugh and you are done.

You either need Berserker Stance or Cleansing Ire. You can live with only one of them, but necro condispike is hardly avoidable, and you need something to get rid of it. Especially if you don’t go for cc lock.

I’m now trying this build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJAURjkOxwJPqQMxBEzjfAIKiLjAkJ0HsDA-TwAg0CnIyRpjTHTOygsBNEZJyJkXIA

Yes, it has healing Signet, but is also squishy as hell, while requiring you to remain in the fight for long enough to build up might.

Rifle can be changed with other stuff.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Judging by how your “proof” worked, I think I can give you a better method to prove that warrs aren’t OP:

1. Roll warrior
2. Run naked in sPvP using the infamous and OP 0/0/0/0/0 build with no amulet/jewel and no weapons and never use your heal.
3. See that warriors are not OP and then go complain about how thieves are hitting for 2k

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Warrior

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

It is a meta heavily reliant on conditions, you do realize. You could ask any other class to not take any condition cleanse and see how long they survive, to the same effect.

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Roll warrior
Laugh and you are done.

You either need Berserker Stance or Cleansing Ire. You can live with only one of them, but necro condispike is hardly avoidable, and you need something to get rid of it. Especially if you don’t go for cc lock.

I’m now trying this build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJAURjkOxwJPqQMxBEzjfAIKiLjAkJ0HsDA-TwAg0CnIyRpjTHTOygsBNEZJyJkXIA

Yes, it has healing Signet, but is also squishy as hell, while requiring you to remain in the fight for long enough to build up might.

i see 2 battle sigils.
can consider a different sigil?
on swap sigils got 9 second ICD right?

maybe 1 battle, 1 leech on rifle or long bow?

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Roll warrior
Laugh and you are done.

i see 2 battle sigils.
can consider a different sigil?
on swap sigils got 9 second ICD right?

maybe 1 battle, 1 leech on rifle or long bow?

Sigil of battle on both weapons because it’s easier you’ll swap them once every 10 seconds, more than once every 5.

Strength and Battle might also work.

Judging by how your “proof” worked, I think I can give you a better method to prove that warrs aren’t OP:

1. Roll warrior
2. Run naked in sPvP using the infamous and OP 0/0/0/0/0 build with no amulet/jewel and no weapons and never use your heal.
3. See that warriors are not OP and then go complain about how thieves are hitting for 2k

What he meant was: how to put yourself to the test by making a build that still makes some sense but is not OP. That is, a build with much higher risk (you are much squishier and have no cc) for more rewards (you deal enormous damage).

(edited by redslion.9675)

in Warrior

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

How to prove warriors are not OP… Roll condi Necro, fight warrior, laugh as they melt before you.

(If you can’t tell I play Necro lol)

Ingame not that many people are still raging about wars, it’s just nubs on the forums. I do to play war, but I have never thaught they were op, easy to play… Yes, strong… Ehhh.

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Wanna see how warriors are NOT OP? Fight a skilled necro, engineer, thief, or mesmer. They will destroy you. If they pop doom sigils on their weapons a warrior will be destroyed even harder.

People need to L2P. Warriors are EASY MODE on my engineer.

in Warrior

redslion.9675

How to prove warriors are not OP… Roll condi Necro, fight warrior, laugh as they melt before you.

(If you can’t tell I play Necro lol)

Ingame not that many people are still raging about wars, it’s just nubs on the forums. I do to play war, but I have never thaught they were op, easy to play… Yes, strong… Ehhh.

Eh, 1v1ing necros is hard.

In general, 1v1ing non asuran warriors is much less of a problem than fighting them on tournaments (I play a big norn, because I like big characters and because I’d like people to see my animations). There lies the problem.

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Wanna see how warriors are NOT OP? Fight a skilled necro, engineer, thief, or mesmer. They will destroy you. If they pop doom sigils on their weapons a warrior will be destroyed even harder.

aye, this i can agree with. my warrior just embraced hambow recently (was longsword warhorn + longbow previously) and good necro eni thief mesmer will destroy my warrior.

heck, in hotjoin, even ele with good burst will down my warrior easily!

in Warrior

Posted by: Pray For Kosmos.5849

Pray For Kosmos.5849

i usually beat all necros and engineers on my warrior. pm me for duels.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Depends on the build.

The more cc you have, the easier it gets.

in Warrior

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

Depends on the build.

The more cc you have, the easier it gets.

True but the more CC you have the more open you are to counters by good players, its harder on Necro but a good THF or ENGI will dance around your CC all day and your left with nothing.

Overall War is ok, not weak or anything but as a whole class certainly not OP. HS is a bit strong but if you nerf that it causes HUGE problems for warrior as a whole.

in Warrior

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Come on, don’t be silly.

A Necro can’t get through the berserker stance and the constant cleansing coming from Cleansing Ire on 30 discipline builds.
Engineer can’t do kitten on the insane stability uptime of Warriors, neither can survive the stunspam.
Thief can’t even get through the armor dealing decent damage at warrior to the point that engaging them is a pure suicide.
Mesmer is just lol. Any squishy light armor profession just melts on hammer and stuns.

Anyone can melt warriors with any profession in hotjoins where people usually don’t have an actual clue about what they’re doing.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Come on, don’t be silly.

A Necro can get through the berserker stance and the constant cleansing coming from Cleansing Ire on 30 discipline builds.

I was talking about builds with only Berserker stance as condi removal. And no cc. The one I posted as “not-so-OP yet maybe viable alternative”

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Roll warrior
Laugh and you are done.

True,the complaints about healsig and berserk are plain ridiculous,im not even taking them serious anymore..i just can’t,it’s a joke.

in Warrior

Posted by: Levijeh.1467

Levijeh.1467

That’s weird, I think you duel average skilled warriors so you feel they’re EASY MODE for you lol. I dueled top 100 pvp engineers (wont give names for respect to them) when they attempt to decap home sometimes I defend alone and I always have more chances to win, if I run condition warrior my chances are even higher. When they realize that, they retreat.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Sigh…
With the exception of the healing signet passive being too strong the fact is everything else was simply necessary. Anet even ad the audacity to add in a new damaging condition. Lets be honest here a sec. No one really want to go back to the days of no Dogged march or berserker stance unless they want to truly hurt the class. As it is right now warrior sustained healing is just too good given its mobility. Not unlike DD ele early in it just takes a small change to fix the problem. If people jump on their soap box and proclaim the whole class and every good trait is OP then we risk placing Warrior in DD ele’s situation.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Warrior

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Roll warrior
Laugh and you are done.

So you are saying not the whole warrior profession is OP but just some traits and utilities?

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Roll warrior
Laugh and you are done.

So you are saying not the whole warrior profession is OP but just some traits and utilities?

As always.

in Warrior

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

Just because its funny, but people seem to either have a short memory or are new to the game.

Yes warrior is op in PVP now, not godlike, not going to turn bad players in r1 world champs, just pretty darn good. It will make an average player a bit better but thats about it.

But please, lurk harder on the forums, and you will notice that for about a good 8 months the warrior was dog crap. It was total trash, and only a fool would use it. Guardian, Eles, kitten , even a tanky necro were all better at tanking, mesmers and thiefs had better damage, in fact no matter the build or role, about 4 other classes would be better by a significant portion no matter what. All they had was bullsrush+frenzy+100bs and that was really it, oh and the rifle kill shot but that was even worse. Both became so easy to counter, no one cared and in fact people would laugh at a warrior swinging wildly in the air at nothing whilst everyone just dodged or teled away from the poor sap. And the only way a rifle works is if they sit right back and hope no one notices them. That was it really for the warrior.

So, whilst yes it needs to be toned down a little, it will be. Let the warrior have his day in the sun, god knows they deserve it after being bottom for so long.

(As a thief, I remember the days when we were godly, now we are fast becoming rubbish. Its the natural way of things in the balance patch world. The warrior will be soon enough down in the dirt again, with some new class spec being king.)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cribbage.2056

Cribbage.2056

Necros are the same. Go far enough back and they were horrible in tPvP.

However, history has nothing to do with a desire for balance. Warriors are currently OP. It is not about whether they turn a bad player into good. It is about whether a fight between two equally skilled players gets decided by class and spec instead of player performance on the day.

The majority of PvPers (i.e. the ones the game should be based around) are ok at PvP but not amazing. Too many of them are currently playing warriors because it is easy to be successful with a warrior.

I play an engi. More or less have done since launch. I’ve tried most builds and know very well how to use the skills of an engi. I’m not amazing at PvP, but I am ok. I can kill bad hambows. But against a hambow who is decently spec’d and knows the basics of what to use when, I struggle hard. Against a hambow (or many other specs of war) who has the same amount of experience on warrior that I do on engi, I stand almost no chance of winning.

My direct damage is mitigated heavily. My condition damage is cleansed or slides off, my KBs and stuns bounce off the high-uptime on stability. Whereas every few secs the warrior can stun or CC me in some way. Even using all my blinds, dodges and escapes, all I do is prolong the fight. Eventually I start running out of ways to avoid the CC, and all the while my health is dropping way faster than his.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kargath.6598

Kargath.6598

Roll warrior
Laugh and you are done.

nah nah nah nah

ROLL A D/D ELE ON TUESDAY…

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Come on, don’t be silly.

A Necro can’t get through the berserker stance and the constant cleansing coming from Cleansing Ire on 30 discipline builds.
Engineer can’t do kitten on the insane stability uptime of Warriors, neither can survive the stunspam.
Thief can’t even get through the armor dealing decent damage at warrior to the point that engaging them is a pure suicide.
Mesmer is just lol. Any squishy light armor profession just melts on hammer and stuns.

Anyone can melt warriors with any profession in hotjoins where people usually don’t have an actual clue about what they’re doing.

You’re right that necros (or anyone for that matter) can’t get through berserker stance while it’s up. However if you’re trying to spam your rotation while that move is up and the war is your main target soyou can clearly see the berserker stance icon up you’re doing it wrong. However at 86% uptime on all conditions my necro can easily keep 10+ seconds of chill on a warrior even when they have dogged march + food + runes.

(edited by Setun.4368)

in Warrior

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

You’re right that necros (or anyone for that matter) can’t get through berserker stance while it’s up. However if you’re trying to spam your rotation while that move is up and the war is your main target soyou can clearly see the berserker stance icon up you’re doing it wrong. However at 86% uptime on all conditions my necro can easily keep 10+ seconds of chill on a warrior even when they have dogged march + food + runes.

That’s WvW.
Nobody takes WvW, where perplexity runes, 100% crit damage and 100%+ condi duration is possible, as example to talk about balance.

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

since not a lot of people got the joke ill spoil it. People generally bandwagon kitten about warriors being OP without taking into account what MAKES a warrior seem OP. My point was that if you took any other healing ability, no cleansing ire or berserkers stance which are the only actual buffs the warrior has gotten since launch, you will quickly see warriors are still pathetic and weak. Besides this turned into necros coming here to whine that they cant kill a warrior until they kite him for 8 seconds…

in Warrior

redslion.9675

since not a lot of people got the joke ill spoil it. People generally bandwagon kitten about warriors being OP without taking into account what MAKES a warrior seem OP. My point was that if you took any other healing ability, no cleansing ire or berserkers stance which are the only actual buffs the warrior has gotten since launch, you will quickly see warriors are still pathetic and weak. Besides this turned into necros coming here to whine that they cant kill a warrior until they kite him for 8 seconds…

Yeah, it’s the problem in many classes: go braindead or get crushed.