How to suck less in PvP?

How to suck less in PvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Avipt.9632

Avipt.9632

So ive just started with spvp for the first time and ive noticed that my warrior hits like a wet noodle on people, ive tried diffrent spec from youtube, I dunno i understand the basics of the game when it comes to pvp but ive like 9 out of 10 so far. I just cant contribute to the team. Is this a warrior thing or do i just plain suck?

How to suck less in PvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

Sup Avipt. Have you tried Shoutbow or Hambow? Those are supportive in their own way. It could be that you’ve been going against really tanky classes in those matches and in those cases you have to make sure that you always land your poison from Sigil of Doom. That’s a hard feat to accomplish consistently, but with practice you’ll nail it like it’s second nature. I think it’s brilliant that you watched some youtube videos to learn different specs. Watching other practiced players is def one of the best ways to learn the game.

Also, even though it might sound cliche, I think it’s good to keep the mentality of not relying solely on skills/traits to give you the advantage in fights. Like, “Oh here comes a condi necro I got CI I got dis,” No I need to be active with my movement anyway and using the terrain/objects to negate damage. Good players will take advantage of you if you get carelessly comfortable.

Shoutbow for reference

Hambow for reference

How to suck less in PvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: Avipt.9632

Avipt.9632

Sup Avipt. Have you tried Shoutbow or Hambow? Those are supportive in their own way. It could be that you’ve been going against really tanky classes in those matches and in those cases you have to make sure that you always land your poison from Sigil of Doom. That’s a hard feat to accomplish consistently, but with practice you’ll nail it like it’s second nature. I think it’s brilliant that you watched some youtube videos to learn different specs. Watching other practiced players is def one of the best ways to learn the game.

Also, even though it might sound cliche, I think it’s good to keep the mentality of not relying solely on skills/traits to give you the advantage in fights. Like, “Oh here comes a condi necro I got CI I got dis,” No I need to be active with my movement anyway and using the terrain/objects to negate damage. Good players will take advantage of you if you get carelessly comfortable.

Shoutbow for reference

Hambow for reference

Thanks man! GS is in the most specs ive seen, but I dont find it to be my best friend, charge miss most of the times and puts me in crazy positions, same with whirlwind skill, throws me off ledges and stuff, and 100b miss, not very noob friendly wep :P

How to suck less in PvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: ulchanar.4309

ulchanar.4309

Whirlwind is very reliable, if it throws you off ledges and stuff you need to practice more how to use it. It’s the best ability you get with a GS in PvP, a major source of damage output and mitigation plus mobility.

100b should be used very situationally. Your problem with GS may be that you thought 100b was the main attack to use. If you do so, opponents will have an easy game.

Hambow with Soldier amulet is probably much easier to play for a beginner. You can stand in your fire field and don’t need to care as much about positioning and movement to avoid damage as you need to with a pure melee Zerker build.

How to suck less in PvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Ask your friends that play other classes to teach you thier skills. Knowing how a mesmer’s clones work is crucial to fighting them for example.

Make sure you’re watching the enemies cast bar for boons.

Practice makes perfect. I