How to take on 2-3 people in WvW at once?

in Warrior

Posted by: Oreoginal.1580

Oreoginal.1580

If you know for a fact that these 2 or 3 enemies are gonna’ catch up to you, and you have a couple seconds to prepare, what are you gonna’ do? What’s the most viable build I can use to achieve this? Obviously, for balance purposes these 2 or 3 are mostly lowbies with only 1 actual level 80, and that guy’s that’s not even really well geared or is a bunker.

I have all possible weapons as well as 6 Ascended pieces and full Divinity Runes on my optimized Berserker and Knight mixed armor.

What’s the best set up and mix of damage and survivability would YOU use/utilize when faced with a situation like this?

Parmesan Stick – 80 Warrior – Kaineng
Build: http://tinyurl.com/gw2build-parmstick
YouTube: http://tinyurl.com/YT-gw2parmstick

in Warrior

Posted by: Faction.4013

Faction.4013

I’d assume whichever build allows for perma-swiftness…so it lasts long enough to float your kitten back to friendly skies.

Otherwise I don’t think there’s a build that exists like that.

in Warrior

Oreoginal.1580

I’d assume whichever build allows for perma-swiftness…so it lasts long enough to float your kitten back to friendly skies.

Otherwise I don’t think there’s a build that exists like that.

Even against two people?

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

Against two upleved you can probably down one or both with a good combination of whirlwind + blade trail + rush + shield bash + eviscerate. Finish him off with balanced stance + endure pain. Then shield block if needed, heal and go for the other one.

Skullclamp

in Warrior

Posted by: IcerXx.3670

IcerXx.3670

I just use zerker warrior, For Great Justice, Shake it Off, and Endure Pain. Most of the time I just down all 3 and begin flailing away until they are dead(unless one is a warrior, they need spiked before they vengeance on you)

Stromgarde-[STRM]
Icer Xx
Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

My record was 7 ppl at once (2 upscaled) but they were…soo bad. Using a mix of zerk and knight stuff

in Warrior

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

If you know for a fact that these 2 or 3 enemies are gonna’ catch up to you, and you have a couple seconds to prepare, what are you gonna’ do? What’s the most viable build I can use to achieve this? Obviously, for balance purposes these 2 or 3 are mostly lowbies with only 1 actual level 80, and that guy’s that’s not even really well geared or is a bunker.

I have all possible weapons as well as 6 Ascended pieces and full Divinity Runes on my optimized Berserker and Knight mixed armor.

What’s the best set up and mix of damage and survivability would YOU use/utilize when faced with a situation like this?

if you got sword /warhorn -greatsword, 1 stability utility ,they are not going to catch you.
but to answer your question, i would like to have greatsword // axe/shield. (utility’s healing sourge /bull charge /balanced stance/signet of stamina /SOR.
whirlwind betwen them, switch to axe /sheild, use shield 5 and move near an lowbie , axe 2 -3 -shield -4 -1-1 -eviscerate /activate balanced stance -stomp, switch weapon rush in oposite direction , whirlwind, reset combat, come back for the next 1.
Bull charge is great for initiate, and escape same time.
Signet of stamina -50% endurance regen and can cure cripple /chill etc…
balanced stance – imune to CC
an mobile build is the best for roaming, 0/20/30/0/20 with forcefull greatsword , mobile strikes.

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in Warrior

Oreoginal.1580

My record was 7 ppl at once (2 upscaled) but they were…soo bad. Using a mix of zerk and knight stuff

What were your weapons, traits, and how did you do it? o.o

in Warrior

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

I don’t know anything about the servers or the nature of his opponents, but this dude seems to do pretty well against multiple people.

I’ve tried the build with similar gear in NA Tier 1 with mixed results. I chalk that up to me still developing after transitioning from a keyboard to an Orbweaver.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

I don’t know anything about the servers or the nature of his opponents, but this dude seems to do pretty well against multiple people.

I’ve tried the build with similar gear in NA Tier 1 with mixed results. I chalk that up to me still developing after transitioning from a keyboard to an Orbweaver.

This build would get absolutely wrecked by any condition focused spec… which are abundant.
It also seems that the majority of the people in the video are either up-leveled or just suck (little dodging, little mobility).

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|2.1g.h1l|c.1g.h1.g.1g.h1j|1n.7x.1n.7x.1n.7x.1n.7x.1n.7x.1n.7x|2s.0.2s.0.3s.0.3s.0.2s.0.2s.0|0.0.p1a.u18c.f6|3t.7|5y.69.6b.6a.6m|e

This is the Hammer + Sword/WH build I utilize for WvWvW.
The primary factors I considered when making this build were:
1. Use in Zerg, Group Roam, and Solo Roam
2. The Bane of the Warrior’s Existence: Conditions
3. Support brought to allies

Quick Note: Shout builds are pretty good for WvWvW. Don’t confuse this for PvE. In PvE, conditions are a nuisance at worst. In WvWvW, conditions touch you in dirty places and make you want to cry.

Strengths of this Build
1. In a Zerg (Swap in Longbow for Sword/WH)
This build really shines in Zergs for many reasons. FGJ provides might and fury (+30% boon duration also) to 5 people.
With 3 shouts, you are healing 25 conditions (5 per person, max of 5 people) and healing approximating 20k health every 21 seconds. (1,323 health per shout x 3 shouts [average CD 21] x 5 people).
You’re no dedicated healer, but that 20k per 21s really adds up in Zerg fights (especially defense). Add in the fact that these heals are instant and can be used regardless of your state and you’ve just increased your survivability by a great deal.

With a plethora of heals and good timing, you can plunge into the enemy Zerg w/ a burst, #3, #4, #5, and get right on out of there. Roots, knockdowns, and conditions are not nearly as threatening. If you’re not that great at this yet, then stick with a Longbow, F1 burst followed by a #3, and watch the loot bags pile up at your feet.
Just remember, the Warrior is the backbone of a Zerg thanks to the lovely hammer.
Also, 30% boon duration to all boons that are applied to you

2. In roaming parties (Hammer + Sword/WH)
This build shines here as well. This build allows you to supply your team with:
-Permanent 3~6 stacks of Might
-Fury nearly 50% of the time
-Swiftness and VIGOR via War-horn
-Large amount of stuns/immobilizes
-25 condition removals + 20k healing every 21s (5condition + 4k heal per person).
-10% increase in party DPS to a high priority target (On my Mark)
-You get 30% extra duration on all boons you apply and that teammates apply to you

This makes your party a thousand times more lethal. Those annoying condition specced class are not as much of a threat freeing up some utilities for your party.
Even though 4k per 21s does not seem that much, look at it like an instant bonus, not a primary heal. It adds 4k to your normal heals and at a much faster rate. It significantly increases the survivability of your overall party.

Now include your stuns and immobilizes and your party will love you. Initiating with Sword #2 then #3 (trait causes immobilize on cripple) to trap a target that is luring, or a high priority target. Swap out to Hammer and smash away. #3 (AoE cripple = AoE immobilize) absolutely destroys enemy roamers. #4 to protect reviving teammates and #5/F1 to throw people to the ground.

Remember, do not just spam your shouts as soon as they are up

3. Solo Roaming
Same benefits, but not as much since they only apply to yourself.
To start it off, my favorite aspect of this build when solo roaming is the 30% boon duration. 39s of swiftness + WH swiftness = perma swiftness. This is an absolutely incredible advantage to any fight.
It is important to remember that you are NOT a lethal instant killer. You draw out fights and you wear down the enemy.

Perma-swiftness, 5 condition removals, 4k instant heal + healing surge, high levels of vitality/toughness, tons of immobilize/stuns, weakness (WH #5, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS APPLY THIS!!!) make you one of the most annoying opponents to face.

What I do is wear the opponent down to around half health and then burst them (#3, #5, #4, F1, etc.etc…) and it will almost always take them out.

Multiple enemies? I’ve handled up to 5 at once. Perma-Swiftness is a godsend in these situations. Never stop running away. Turn or aim behind with hammer skills, burst when ready, then keep running in whatever shape you want (circles are fun lol).

Well, hope this helps and have fun!

in Warrior

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Make sure other player is kitten because quite frankly i don’t see warrior solo even 1 decent guy who knows how to play.

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

For solo roaming, I think there is an overwhelming consensus that the greatsword is the weapon of choice, amazing mobility, combined with an evade, with excellent AoE and burst damage, it is a quintessential weapon.

A very popular and borderline essential weapon according to the popularity and effectiveness is the shield. It gives you an extra stun and 3 seconds of invulnerability every 30 seconds, it is hard to overlook.

Many people may opt for the sword, as it does offer good CC with the F1, some extra condition dmg and an extra leap for those mobility and kite heavy foes. Axe tends to be a more popular choice because it gives you a much higher damage output with devastating burst.

The trait mobile strikes is important versus some classes who have lots of immobilize (many classes have easy to access to more than one).

Going a high-DPS zerker build from my experience has been the most effective in handling situations where it was 1vs2 or 1vs3+. Obviously going a full zerker CoF build is not the answer, but packing a little bit of toughness (I had around 1400 toughness) and minimal vit (I had about 1000 vitality) is enough survivability in this situation provided that your damage can carry you through.

The basic premise here is, kill it before it kills you. If you can down one person quickly, that is one less person able to damage and CC you, therefore you will take less damage. When one person goes down, people tend to try and res the other person, which means they are probably still. In turn you could probably land a couple of nice hits with hundred blade and whirlwind, completely down the person and get the other person to low health or at least burn a heal. People tend to be intimidated by high burst damage, meaning they will probably be running from you instead of doing any meaningful damage.

A tankier build is fine as well, but I find that the longer a fight is drawn out, the more of a disadvantage you put yourself in. Two or three people will eventually wittle you down if you don’t down at least one of them and instill the fear of 10K Eviscerates on them. Certain classes can hold their own in these situations without huge bursts like Eles, Mesmers, Guardians, but not as much warriors as they tend to be more susceptible to conditions and CC and do not quite have the sustain. Warriors in 1v2+ situations thrive best when they are able to dispatch of enemies quickly.

Keep in mind though, certain duos and trios are harder than others. Any who pack lots of conditions, like necros and condition thieves, who have lots of CC (hammer warriors come to mind) or are tanky (Guardians) will be very difficult to take down in such fights. The duo or trio probably has to consist of at least a thief and a ranger or some other class who tends to be squishy.

Also, against any competent PvPer, you probably will not be winning any of these 1v2 or 1v3 fights, and if you do, they probably do not represent the better skilled players of this game. You may even find yourself outmatched in 1v1s versus other classes. Chill, cripple, weakness will shut a warrior down easily, add some hard CC after his stability is gone, he/she is done.

Keep in mind, a high DPS zerker build, though great for roaming probably will probably get smoked if you want to enter larger scale battles, at least if you want to be a frontlining melee. Much more toughness and some extra vit is needed for that.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: monika.4765

monika.4765

I never se a warr wining 2v1 or 3v1 . They must be rly bad players or AFK

in Warrior

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Warrior

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Avlis rocks. Love his videos. Don’t know how he doesnt get destroyed by conditions though, I have a real problem with them. Especially considering he saves Shake it Off for stun break only.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Warrior

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Considering 2 people of equal skill and gear/level: you don’t. That would be the definition of overpowered.

2 lowbies/crap players, on the other hand: Any solid build really. It’s more about knowing how to use your build and exploit their flaws. As long as your build isn’t a gimmicky crap one-trick-poney (HB cheese builds, for example, though those mostly died with the quickness nerf), it’s not an issue…

Do keep in mind that even 2 lowbies can give a full lvl 80 grief, depending on their level, classes and provided they’re good players. It’s one of the cruxes of the miserable “downed” system, in that it places a significantly more weight in numbers over individual skill.

in Warrior

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Avlis rocks. Love his videos. Don’t know how he doesnt get destroyed by conditions though, I have a real problem with them. Especially considering he saves Shake it Off for stun break only.

I enjoy avlis video but the video is edited with entertainment purposes in the description. He doesn’t do what he does in his video all day long. Not many of his videos feature a well bombing necro.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Warrior

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I’ve done this many times and should probably start recording these fights. Let me tell you this: 100% chance to rally on a kill from Vengeance is a must. Master your cast time on your downed state knockdown. For me, downing in these fights is a big part of my play style, not because I’m inefficient but because it provides a free condition wipe which my build doesn’t have and allows me to heal up to half health if I’m staying consistently low on a rally. Get used to being downed. You’re not a mesmer or thief and vengeance is your best friend. I play like a thief when I’m roaming solo, and when I come upon 3-5 players that I’m confident in bringing down I look for high ground (but not too high. Just high enough to activate my fall damage Knockback for the element of surprise). Once I initiate the fight I generally kite them with my longbow, counting the dodges of the one I choose to burst down. Once they’ve dodged twice before their third dodge can regen I snare them, pop my might stacks and heal (to negate the damage that was done during the wait-out and also to fully charge my adrenaline) and burst them down quickly with eviscerate followed by axe 2 and a single chain of axe 1. By this time their friends are on me while they’re downed trying to res their friend, so I use axe 5 to quickly build adrenaline, hitting the others and bringing them off of the downed enemy, switching to longbow and using skill 3 to burst, by which time if they’ve stayed on the downed, they’re down as well. I only perform a stomp if a mesmer is downed and applying confusion stacks, otherwise bursting until dead is the key way to go as it lures the others to attempt to res their allies. Once I finish off the first and shortly after, the second which tried to res them (It never ceases to fail), I use my dodges wisely while I wait for my heal to reach 5 seconds until I can activate it again, hit endure pain and using the adrenaline I’ve built from killing the first/second enemy, I eviscerate while I’m safe under the effects of Endure Pain. Once my heal is up I can switch back to longbow and kite what’s usually the last player who’s already under 50% health, use longbow 4 for a blind, 3 to nuke them below 25% health and the snare followed by my heal, switch back to axes and eviscerate.

That’s basically a rundown of my ideal fight which I’ve done many times. However, conditions may vary and I may face more challenging opponents. That’s when I intentionally use the downed state and vengeance as a way to reset a fight. You can slowly pick them off one by one just like a thief, but not having stealth you need to improvise. Call me crazy, but the downed state is your friend.

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

I’m not sure about the down state.. Against anyone decent I won’t even get a proper number 2 skill off due to blind, block, invis, stability or long cast time, random misses..

Skullclamp

in Warrior

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

This build would get absolutely wrecked by any condition focused spec… which are abundant.
It also seems that the majority of the people in the video are either up-leveled or just suck (little dodging, little mobility).

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|2.1g.h1l|c.1g.h1.g.1g.h1j|1n.7x.1n.7x.1n.7x.1n.7x.1n.7x.1n.7x|2s.0.2s.0.3s.0.3s.0.2s.0.2s.0|0.0.p1a.u18c.f6|3t.7|5y.69.6b.6a.6m|e

This is the Hammer + Sword/WH build I utilize for WvWvW.
The primary factors I considered when making this build were:
1. Use in Zerg, Group Roam, and Solo Roam
2. The Bane of the Warrior’s Existence: Conditions
3. Support brought to allies

Quick Note: Shout builds are pretty good for WvWvW. Don’t confuse this for PvE. In PvE, conditions are a nuisance at worst. In WvWvW, conditions touch you in dirty places and make you want to cry.

Strengths of this Build
1. In a Zerg (Swap in Longbow for Sword/WH)
This build really shines in Zergs for many reasons. FGJ provides might and fury (+30% boon duration also) to 5 people.
With 3 shouts, you are healing 25 conditions (5 per person, max of 5 people) and healing approximating 20k health every 21 seconds. (1,323 health per shout x 3 shouts [average CD 21] x 5 people).
You’re no dedicated healer, but that 20k per 21s really adds up in Zerg fights (especially defense). Add in the fact that these heals are instant and can be used regardless of your state and you’ve just increased your survivability by a great deal.

With a plethora of heals and good timing, you can plunge into the enemy Zerg w/ a burst, #3, #4, #5, and get right on out of there. Roots, knockdowns, and conditions are not nearly as threatening. If you’re not that great at this yet, then stick with a Longbow, F1 burst followed by a #3, and watch the loot bags pile up at your feet.
Just remember, the Warrior is the backbone of a Zerg thanks to the lovely hammer.
Also, 30% boon duration to all boons that are applied to you

2. In roaming parties (Hammer + Sword/WH)
This build shines here as well. This build allows you to supply your team with:
-Permanent 3~6 stacks of Might
-Fury nearly 50% of the time
-Swiftness and VIGOR via War-horn
-Large amount of stuns/immobilizes
-25 condition removals + 20k healing every 21s (5condition + 4k heal per person).
-10% increase in party DPS to a high priority target (On my Mark)
-You get 30% extra duration on all boons you apply and that teammates apply to you

This makes your party a thousand times more lethal. Those annoying condition specced class are not as much of a threat freeing up some utilities for your party.
Even though 4k per 21s does not seem that much, look at it like an instant bonus, not a primary heal. It adds 4k to your normal heals and at a much faster rate. It significantly increases the survivability of your overall party.

Now include your stuns and immobilizes and your party will love you. Initiating with Sword #2 then #3 (trait causes immobilize on cripple) to trap a target that is luring, or a high priority target. Swap out to Hammer and smash away. #3 (AoE cripple = AoE immobilize) absolutely destroys enemy roamers. #4 to protect reviving teammates and #5/F1 to throw people to the ground.

Remember, do not just spam your shouts as soon as they are up

3. Solo Roaming
Same benefits, but not as much since they only apply to yourself.
To start it off, my favorite aspect of this build when solo roaming is the 30% boon duration. 39s of swiftness + WH swiftness = perma swiftness. This is an absolutely incredible advantage to any fight.
It is important to remember that you are NOT a lethal instant killer. You draw out fights and you wear down the enemy.

Perma-swiftness, 5 condition removals, 4k instant heal + healing surge, high levels of vitality/toughness, tons of immobilize/stuns, weakness (WH #5, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS APPLY THIS!!!) make you one of the most annoying opponents to face.

What I do is wear the opponent down to around half health and then burst them (#3, #5, #4, F1, etc.etc…) and it will almost always take them out.

Well, hope this helps and have fun!

Could be my computer, but that build editor site never shows me what the slot skills are when I copy/paste a linked build.

Thanks

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Warrior

Oreoginal.1580

Around how much Toughness/Armor do you guys have in Solo Roaming?

in Warrior

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

Right now I have 2,640 armor.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

Around how much Toughness/Armor do you guys have in Solo Roaming?

2700 is around the level you should have for general WvWvW.
2700 ~ 2900 is recommended (also remember that the defense minor only applies over 90% hp)

Food can be utilized as well. I personally always stick with Omnomberry Loaf and Master Maintenance Oil.