How to turn off Sig of Rage Fart Graphic?

in Warrior

Posted by: Niall Illrian.6341

Niall Illrian.6341

Does anyone know when and why the Sig of Rage Fart graphic comes on? It seems to come on at random times for me. I loathe it since it makes me look dirty and farting at the same time.

in Warrior

Posted by: pottman.2389

pottman.2389

I think you’re stuck with it.

in Warrior

Posted by: salameri.3768

salameri.3768

Never noticed…..

Saad Swordrage (Warrior Main), Joker Deceptor (Mesmer) Guild-The Betrayed, Server- DRAGONBRAND

in Warrior

Niall Illrian.6341

Check it out next time, it’s horrible. No one from ANET will ever comment on WHY it’s like a fart.

in Warrior

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

How else is the warrior suppose to ventilate all their steam?

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in Warrior

Niall Illrian.6341

lol true! Seriously though I would love to know the genius who came up with that animation and why he chose farts? He must really hate us.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bridget Morrigan.1752

Bridget Morrigan.1752

It’s only on when the signet is passive. Active rage = no farting. I guess the steam comes out elsewhere.

I supposed the designer is a norn.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jonny.9370

Jonny.9370

Funny that everyone sees it at a dirt cloud but on my screen it looks like embers emanating from a fire… you know, like the raging flames burning inside a furious warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Kopipoki.3542

Kopipoki.3542

I hate it as well. I don’t see how little yellow bubbles equates to rage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Preacher.9526

Preacher.9526

another vote, make it go away please.

Blackgate – Bjorn Ironside

in Warrior

Posted by: Koehai.4539

Koehai.4539

I’ll vote for that.

Too bad it’s not just some client-side file that we could delete/replace.

(edited by Koehai.4539)

in Warrior

Posted by: Karaad.7930

Karaad.7930

You started 2 topics with the same thing being talked about in both of them within minutes of each other? the only exception is that you’re calling it a ‘fart’ here and calling it ‘pig-pen’ there. >_>

I’m in my own class and yes, I’m level 80.
“Holy hell, did that thing already die?”-Al
“Dude, wait like 5 seconds before you start attacking please”-Iri

in Warrior

Posted by: Sunrend.6798

Sunrend.6798

I noticed this today on my Norn warrior. At first I thought it was small leaves floating upwards but on closer inspection it was yellow/orange bubbles of some description.

I’m playing with graphics on full at 1920×1080 resolution so it’s displaying correctly, unless there’s a problem with the alpha mapping and it is indeed meant to be subtle flames…

Jet Lili – Elementalist
Gandara

in Warrior

Niall Illrian.6341

Yeah flames would be killer but it’s def not that…it’s def farts. I would LOVE to know who’s idea it was to have us farting.

in Warrior

Posted by: manekineko.3490

manekineko.3490

+1. I’ve never been a fan of this animation. I feel like Pig-Pen from Charlie Brown

in Warrior

Niall Illrian.6341

The flames that are on The Mad King’s book would be epic. I mean if that’s what they are going for then make it clear and not so dirty and farty as it is now.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

I have always hated this graphic as well. On the bright side, I am so used to it that I hardly notice it anymore.

in Warrior

Posted by: Geewoody.2017

Geewoody.2017

I feel like using the Signet should look a little more like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00HVhaZ1gH8

in Warrior

Posted by: Galrukh.6532

Galrukh.6532

Im sorry, if you’re seeing farts its because your brain wants to see farts. I see flames.

Help build the next big RvR game.
Camelot Unchained is on Kickstarter.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained?ref=live

in Warrior

Posted by: CorliCorso.6254

CorliCorso.6254

Using a shout immediately after activating another skill with an animation gets you stuck in that animation… so with SoR, it means you’ve got that cloud of angriness permanently stuck on you (until you use another skill, that is)

in Warrior

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I “ctrl + mouse 2” my signet of rage to make the animation go away…

Well, a SoR in CD does not show the animation, downside is got to manual do 11111111 in combat.

in Warrior

Niall Illrian.6341

Thanks for some workaround on the Fart! I will try that tonight and hope to have no gas.

in Warrior

Posted by: deffy.1320

deffy.1320

I see it has been noticed but fear it will not be changed, alas it is the butt of all jokes.

mmmm brown bubbles.

“Deleted for being inappropriate”

in Warrior

Niall Illrian.6341

It must be a hard fix for the devs since 99.99% of the players don’t like poo on their warriors. We are Poo Warriors and perhaps that’s what was intended

Oh I tried some workarounds but none work as a solid fix. I just wish the dev who created it would at least tell us what it all means. Was the dev gassy during that animation meeting?

in Warrior

Posted by: PhaNTaSiZe.4215

PhaNTaSiZe.4215

does this really bother u ppl THAT much? lol

Commander Sammie Winchester/Ian McKellan
Leader of Gods Dont Cry [GDC] on SBI

in Warrior

Crossaber.8934

does this really bother u ppl THAT much? lol

Of course it does, especially GW2 is all about skin and looks.

We want our warrior looks great, and this animation is not…

in Warrior

Posted by: Enmity.3428

Enmity.3428

Agreed. Terrible looking animation!

in Warrior

Posted by: Aequitas.6402

Aequitas.6402

“My warrior is… flaky.” – My friend when he first used that signet.

in Warrior

Niall Illrian.6341

Yes I agree the game is meant to be visual and that animation is just bad. In Map chat yesterday player was calling it “The Messy”. I’m not sure what that is but it does not sound good Wonder if the devs know we don’t like it or do they not read this area of the forums?

in Warrior

Niall Illrian.6341

I also have noticed that sometimes the Farts do not come. I wish I knew why that was because there must be some way to have it not Fart. I find that when I first log in the Farts are not there but as I adventure along they begin to show up.

Anyone know?

in Warrior

Crossaber.8934

It will delay 1~2 sec before the effect show up again after CD, so just turn on auto cast it will disappeared forever…. this what i am doing.

in Warrior

Niall Illrian.6341

@ Crossaber yeah but the issue with that is you will be in town, having conversation, RPing, etc. and BAM!!! It goes off. You are right though it is a way to stop the poo from coming up…the only way I have found so far

in Warrior

Niall Illrian.6341

It’s amazing how many players I talk to in game that hate this visual. Wonder why ANET never discusses the farting issue that we have?

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

@ Crossaber yeah but the issue with that is you will be in town, having conversation, RPing, etc. and BAM!!! It goes off. You are right though it is a way to stop the poo from coming up…the only way I have found so far

Put a different elite skill on when you’re not actually, ya know, using any skills. >_>

in Warrior

Posted by: Lanthrudar.1437

Lanthrudar.1437

It’s amazing how many players I talk to in game that hate this visual. Wonder why ANET never discusses the farting issue that we have?

Maybe because there are 99.99999999% other things in the game more important?

Good grief, you have one of the the most powerful class in the game, other classes wish the dev’s paid as much attention to them as warriors get and you’re worried about an animation?

Use a different signet if it bothers you that much.

in Warrior

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

You guys have to much imagination. In real life you can’t see a the fart gas, so why should you in game? Secondly, ingame you can’t smell anything. So their is basically no reason to even think about farting while playing a SoR warrior. Still you guys think about it. Sorry but that makes me wonder what you guys been doing lately :o

If you really hate it, then put it on auto-cast. Or start imagining more about magic fantasy stuff rather then dirty real life stuff.

Magical rage fire covering a heroic character. I don’t see why you guys have so much trouble with it.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Warrior

Niall Illrian.6341

@Phoebe The problem is it does not look anything like Magical Rage Fire or really anything except a fart OR dirt. I honestly do not see anything else.

I would love for a dev to please tell us WHAT it is supposed to be. Perhaps they can shine some light on it, clear it up? So far we have farts and dirt…that’s what everyone seems to see. I would LOVE for it to look like fire and would understand that but is simply does not look like that, at all.

p.s. What a big deal is to you perhaps may not be a big deal to others. If players dislike this animation then they have the right to talk about it on the forums. Some people hate some skills the warrior has, yet I love them, do I tell them not to express their opinions? Of course not.

in Warrior

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I hate the loud footsteps of heavy armor profession. But I took peace that they never gonna bother, make a seperate sound volume bar for footsteps like in Skyrim, and i’m not gonne whine about it in the forums. (well ok kinda now, but i’m only givign it as an example, and I didnt make my own topic about it).

Shut down your dirty imaginations guys. Maybe you seen to much american ‘over the top’ comedies? Where all actor, fart every second? There’s a reason I don’t like that kind of movie (or find them not funny at all).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Warrior

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

See, the graphic never struck me as farts or dirt. I do a lot of roleplay on my warrior and I just say that, since he manipulates the element of fire, that it’s ash floating from him when he’s angry. And I don’t even have Signet of Rage equipped most the time because I don’t want my character to look like he’s angry 24/7.

I think you guys aren’t using your imagination enough! We are in a fantasy world, after all. : )

in Warrior

Niall Illrian.6341

Bwhahaha was in game this morning and Warrior in Map Chat was asking what the farts were coming off of him, almost fell out of my chair laughing!

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Yup, ya gotta be able to laugh at yourself…if you fall out of your chair doing so is a bonus.

in Warrior

Posted by: Robique.8279

Robique.8279

Got over 500 hours played on my warrior, been using SoR since lvl30 and haven’t really noticed this minor detail at all.
Just fascinates me how much weight can some people put on such a small “issue”.

in Warrior

Niall Illrian.6341

What’s odd is sometimes it’s not going off then other times it will not stop. I wonder if it’s bugged? Or maybe we are just gassy sometimes?

in Warrior

Posted by: Zerco.4230

Zerco.4230

The visual effect on Signet of Rage should be removed. It annoys me a great deal looking at the small bubbles!

in Warrior

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I’ve never liked it. I’d much rather have a super saiyan-ish aura instead of little fart bubbles.

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I hate the loud footsteps of heavy armor profession. But I took peace that they never gonna bother, make a seperate sound volume bar for footsteps like in Skyrim, and i’m not gonne whine about it in the forums. (well ok kinda now, but i’m only givign it as an example, and I didnt make my own topic about it).

Shut down your dirty imaginations guys. Maybe you seen to much american ‘over the top’ comedies? Where all actor, fart every second? There’s a reason I don’t like that kind of movie (or find them not funny at all).

i’ts not Americans who fart all the time for your information. Terrence and Phillip are Canadian.

in Warrior

Posted by: cifer.2357

cifer.2357

WTF!

That’s what that is?! I’ve been trying to find that out since launch, jesus kitten. I thought it had to do with the personality question in the character creation!

in Warrior

Posted by: BladeRain.6543

BladeRain.6543

Been wondering about this for awhile too and found out how to turn it off, though it never bothered me personally.

Options > Graphics > Animation > Low (Has to be Low, Medium or High both make it visible again)

Not ideal, but it works.

=-= 80 of every class | Bad at all of them =-=
Hyperbole is the absolute worst thing in the universe.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

I’ve never liked it. I’d much rather have a super saiyan-ish aura instead of little fart bubbles.

+1

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Necro thread….

BTW I have never ever seen this graphic, and been playing a war with SoR for ages. No, really. It doesn’t show up for me. Anyone got a screenshot?