Hundred Blades is not the problem

in Warrior

Posted by: Terhix.4801

Terhix.4801

100b is a 4 second channel that immobilizes you while you use it, if anything it’s one of the most balanced abilities in the game.

BUT:

- Frenzy – I have never seen an ability that increases dps output of a class by 100% in any game, no matter what drawbacks, to not be broken. Quickness needs to be reduced to 50% speed boost at best, not just for Warriors, it’s not overpowered, it’s just broken and has no right to exist in any game that wants to be competitive, period.

- Forceful Greatsword – 20 in arms you get 20% cooldown reduction on Greatsword abilities and a stack of might on every crit. This has to be the most powerful bonus for a 20% weapon c/d reduction trait. Nothing to add. Drop it to 33% chance on crit at best and it’s in line.

- Attack of Opportunity – 5 more points and you get a minor trait for 10% extra damage on bleeding target. It’s extremely easy to pack this trait in any GS build and 10% more damage on top of everything else for such a minor cost is really not necessary, nor is it thematic – Greatsword is not and should not be a bleed based weapon. Either this needs to be changed from a minor trait to a regular trait so that Sword and/or Rifle warriors can pick it up, or the first minor trait that gives you bleed for free has to go.

in Warrior

Posted by: KryTiKaL.3125

KryTiKaL.3125

Do you understand anything that you just typed out here?

Frenzy is fine, in fact the drawback to it is deadly enough to a warrior to balance it out. Not to mention the buff is only 4 seconds, even with the trait in defense that increases stance duration.

Forceful Greatsword just gives more credit to crit based warrior builds, which is what a warrior should be. A damage dealer, not a damage taker. At least in my own opinion. Warrior also isn’t the only class to get something like this. Hell Engineers get a trait that basically gives them 6-7 stacks of might that never go away.

As for AoO I couldn’t -disagree- more. In that same Tree, Arms, there is the Musketeer trait which basically functions the same as Forceful Greatsword but with Rifles and Harpoon guns. Also, as to your opinion, you only personally believe it should not be a bleed based weapon, and it isn’t. It isn’t like GS warriors using an Arms tree build are the only thing running around.

Think about the fact that people will play what they want to play, and also take a look at the fact that despite the tons of Axe traits on both the Strength and Arms trees that could basically make someone a whirling deathtrap no one is complaining about them. It is just Greatsword. Odd, yes?

(edited by KryTiKaL.3125)

in Warrior

Posted by: Torgal.8345

Torgal.8345

I only rarely play warrior. But I know if you take out the mentioned abilities or reduce them warrior is going to be a free kill. I have no problem at all to avoid the 100B-Frenzy-Going-Crazy-Dmg with almost any class.

Look at the dmg of thiefs or the non stop produced copies of a good playing mesmer. I think tha’st way more disproportionated.

in Warrior

KryTiKaL.3125

^ Agreed. 100%.

Clueless warriors are going to kill my beloved class because they don’t take the time to learn more about the warrior itself or any of the other classes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nargaroth.1482

Nargaroth.1482

if at least he played the last game… frenzy was infinite.

BTW other classes have “frenzies” too.. Ranger, thief and engineer.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tracker Wolf.2587

Tracker Wolf.2587

the OP is right.
Hundred blades is not the problem, Quickness is.
It’s what makes thieves do insane damage with pistol whip. Take Quickness off and suddenly PW and HB become very situational abilities, kinda hard to pull them off by yourself but deadly if paired with someone else’s knockdown, stun or immobilize.

Quickness is also broken.
Notice that every skill’s range gets cut in half when you’re using Quickness: try using it and go for an Evicerate at maximum range and watch your Warrior fail miserably.

in Warrior

Posted by: Terhix.4801

Terhix.4801

Do you understand anything that you just typed out here?

If you want to be taken seriously, you shouldn’t start your posts acting like a disrespectful troll just because I’ve a different opinion than you.

Frenzy is fine, in fact the drawback to it is deadly enough to a warrior to balance it out. Not to mention the buff is only 4 seconds, even with the trait in defense that increases stance duration.

100% damage output increase is not fine, not in GW2, not in any other game. The drawback is nonexistent in one on one situation, and even if you screw up you just swap to shield and nullify it completely. Half the effect of Quickness (again, not just for warriors), half the drawback. It’s not even question of balance, it’s just bad game design. Frenzy turns 100b Warriors into double-trinket PoM-Pyro mages of GW2, and that was dealt with pretty quickly, even in as imbalanced game as WoW was they understood that easy to produce damage spikes that kill people makes PvP very flat and uninteresting.

Forceful Greatsword just gives more credit to crit based warrior builds, which is what a warrior should be. A damage dealer, not a damage taker. At least in my own opinion. Warrior also isn’t the only class to get something like this. Hell Engineers get a trait that basically gives them 6-7 stacks of might that never go away.

And it will still give you credit to crit based builds if it is a 33% chance instead of being guaranteed. You have a trait that has 33% chance for vulnerability in the first tier, 33% chance for might on top of cooldown reduction sounds perfectly fine. There is more than enough incentive in the game to make a crit based build (outside of the raw damage crits provide that is), this is not going to break it nor will it stop anyone from speccing for it.

As for AoO I couldn’t -disagree- more. In that same Tree, Arms, there is the Musketeer trait which basically functions the same as Forceful Greatsword but with Rifles and Harpoon guns. Also, as to your opinion, you only personally believe it should not be a bleed based weapon, and it isn’t. It isn’t like GS warriors using an Arms tree build are the only thing running around.

Musketeer doesn’t increase your damage output by buckets and Rifle actually has an attack that causes bleed. As for the second part – you basically agree that GS should not focus on bleeds? Great.

BTW other classes have “frenzies” too.. Ranger, thief and engineer.

You didn’t read my post, did you? I explicitly stated that quickness is broken across the board, not just for Warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: Roga.3284

Roga.3284

Warrior is fine. If anything the other wep specs for warrior need buffed. Mesmer and guard pretty much better than warrior as it is.

Warrior is in a sad state because they need more viable builds than 2hSword

Delvine
Anvil Rock
[Living Sacrifice]

in Warrior

Posted by: Zyrusticae.7245

Zyrusticae.7245

Quickness is what’s borked, basically. It’s ridiculous on any class. If it was a 50% speed increase instead of a straight-up doubling, it wouldn’t be so absurd.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vain.1029

Vain.1029

Most professions have one or more 25 point traits that are around +10% damage if some easily met condition is met. Thief actually has three. The 5 point bleed trait is also fine. If the problem is greatsword damage, then it is the greatsword that needs looking at, not those traits.

Forceful greatsword is probably the strongest 20% CD reduction + X trait in the game though. I suspect that will get changed to only a 33% chance to grant might on a crit.

Baldrekr — Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Vain.1029)

in Warrior

Posted by: poot.5487

poot.5487

I would kill someone with a Greatsword to have that arms talent for axes. It’s pretty much the best trait ever, except it’s for a weapon that I don’t ever want to use.

To recap:

1) 20% cooldown reduction is awesome by itself;
2) The additional effect is a 100% proc on crit, which is about 3x as awesome as everything else we’ve got happening on crits;
3) It’s in the trait line that increases your crit;
4) It’s on a weapon that has a multi-hit ability (I’m aware warriors have many of those, but I don’t see this particular proc setup being nearly as problematic for, say, mace or hammer.)

Compare to axes: you get no CD reduction, and have to invest 20 points into a tree that doesn’t give you crit chance or crit damage… in order to get 10% more crit damage. It’s an inferior ability and less optimally positioned.

I’m really not a fan of the weapon-specific traits generally, at least not as they’re constructed currently. If you’re expected to swap weapons (beyond the two sets you carry at a time) during more challenging content, then you’re going to feel incredibly foolish when you’re wielding a weapon (cough cough a ranged weapon when you’re supposed to be melee cough cough) that doesn’t receive the bonus you specced into, and you can’t access your other weapon’s ability because it’s in some other trait line.

If all the 20% traits (excepting possibly horn and shield) occupied the exact same slot, were mutually exclusive, and were roughly the same – i.e., they were all as amazing as GS and required 30 in Arms – then maybe I could see it working out. Every DPS spec would face the choice of giving up other good stuff to get all the way up the Arms tree, and then they’d have to pick just one weapon to be especially adept with. However, they could switch that weapon on a per-fight basis without having to respec. Meanwhile, horn and shield would be deep in other trees; it’d be possible to get one of those and a weapon, but your entire spec would need to be built around it.

There’d still be the issue of incentivizing one-weapon builds, of course, but it’d be a better system than what exists now. I feel like a chump for playing melee DPS and for not picking GS.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

Problem is the population of all these glass cannon builds all using Berserker’s in sPvP dying to lolburst.

Stack some toughness, hundred blades ceases to be a glaring issue..

in Warrior

Posted by: Vehementi.1094

Vehementi.1094

Terhix nailed it… the problem is frenzy. And they can’t fix it for animation reasons. It should just be aborted and replaced with something else, like +50% damage. So many stupid knock-on effects like quickness stomps etc.

in Warrior

KryTiKaL.3125

Honestly I see no issue with Frenzy.

Don’t blame the ability if you’re too inept to move out of the way when you see a warrior try and set it up. Nor should you blame the ability if you’re too inept to take advantage of the 50% increased damage they take when they use it. Yeah, taking out a shield and throwing up Shield Stance might nullify that, but that is just good build set up/tactics. Learn to work around that. It is easy.

A lot of this game in PvP, specifically sPvP, is skill and that involves picking the right moments to try and gain an advantage or playing conservatively. Don’t let this be like WoW where they nerf/buff something into the ground just because the players are excessively kittening because they aren’t taking the time to just plain be better.