Hundred blades

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Posted by: drawzjeeeeeee.2170

drawzjeeeeeee.2170

I think its about time to alow moving while chaneling hundred blades. Revenants with sword 3 follow their target and evade at same time and with staff 5 they evade and knock you back. Why cant we move with hundred blades? Sorry for my bad english.

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Cuz thats just stronger autoattack. Giving us mobility would also mean compensation, likely through damage reduction. Just a stronger autoattack (prolly not much stronger than just chopping with axe anyways). It removes the type of gameplay it offers, high rewards (if we ignore the horrible state of warrior), if you can manage to get value out of it, like locking the target down with cc or immob, or as cleave. Its one step towards 100% uptime laserbeam hold down 1 button gameplay. I’ve kept playing warrior despite it being kitten, but if 100b became mobile I would instantly reroll even if warr was in an op state.

(edited by Obindo.6802)

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Axe 5 does like 85% the damage of hundred blades and u can move

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

^ That too, would be same pretty much.

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Exactly and no one uses it. Stationary 100b is better than moving axe 5 and it’s only 15 percent weaker.

100b is fine

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Valik Shin.9027

Exactly and no one uses it. Stationary 100b is better than moving axe 5 and it’s only 15 percent weaker.

100b is fine

Well it would be used if the cd wasn’t so long and axe 4 was actually good

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

cough gunflame cough

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

And die to retal fighting a scrapper, chrono, dh. You can literally lose 17k hp using that ability alone.

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

While I agree that 100b should never go Mobile, but I think 100b need a serious damage buff.

(Hard to setup -> High reward) concept is not working properly, the reward is just not high enough and the setup is much harder than it was before HoT.

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

While I agree that 100b should never go Mobile, but I think 100b need a serious damage buff.

(Hard to setup -> High reward) concept is not working properly, the reward is just not high enough and the setup is much harder than it was before HoT.

I agree the risk (or cost)/reward ratio is too high in a pvp/wvw situation, but I suspect part of the motivation for damage downgrades over the year was pve, where no setup is generally required.

If that is a concern, then simply reducing the channel time would boost 100b in pvp/wvw without greatly affecting pve.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Valik Shin.9027

I agree the risk (or cost)/reward ratio is too high in a pvp/wvw situation, but I suspect part of the motivation for damage downgrades over the year was pve, where no setup is generally required.

If that is a concern, then simply reducing the channel time would boost 100b in pvp/wvw without greatly affecting pve.

That’s why anet should split pvp and pve balance

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I feel that it’s not 100b that is the problem, it’s the skills used to set it up. Skull Crack, Bull’s Charge, and Head Butt are less effective than they used to be because now everyone is swimming in stun breaks/Stability.

My old Skullcracker build just feels useless now, even vs other Wars. Now that Last Stand has a lower ICD and that skills like Outrage exist, you’re never going to get the full stun off unless they make a big mistake. You would have to use Pommel Bash to trigger Last Stand, get full adrenaline, land Shield Bash, let them break, then Skull Crack. Not missing a single attack is tricky.

Mace is now basically a condi weapon for Berserkers.

Making Sundering Mace have Stability stripping on Burst would help a little, but it seems like the game is now more suited towards frequent small CC’s rather than big long lasting ones.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

I feel that it’s not 100b that is the problem, it’s the skills used to set it up. Skull Crack, Bull’s Charge, and Head Butt are less effective than they used to be because now everyone is swimming in stun breaks/Stability.

My old Skullcracker build just feels useless now, even vs other Wars. Now that Last Stand has a lower ICD and that skills like Outrage exist, you’re never going to get the full stun off unless they make a big mistake. You would have to use Pommel Bash to trigger Last Stand, get full adrenaline, land Shield Bash, let them break, then Skull Crack. Not missing a single attack is tricky.

Mace is now basically a condi weapon for Berserkers.

Making Sundering Mace have Stability stripping on Burst would help a little, but it seems like the game is now more suited towards frequent small CC’s rather than big long lasting ones.

You missed the part where you’re essentially doing “melee hell”, fighting a DH with only melee setup is asking to get cc’ed to dead. I swapped to a more damage setup and it works 10x better. Berserker traitline is a must in this meta.

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

they should make hundred blade a two phased skill
first one that makes enemy “float” like the chrono elite with an upper cut animation
second phase is hundred blade
LOL pure anime style

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

first one that makes enemy “float” like the chrono elite with an upper cut animation
LOL pure anime style

I wouldn’t like more warrior nerfs.

Hundred blades

in Warrior

lighter.2708

LOL pure anime style

sure it might sound bit ridic, but
how is that a nerf in any way?

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

LOL pure anime style

You say 2 phases, wich suggests its not just an instant quick extra cc, and maybe first second is an cc? 100b may be used to quickly deal out large ammount of damage for example right after an shield bash or flurry. Now if it included a phase of CC that would include time for them to stunbreak or port or invuln or whatever before damage hits in the first place. While this case may sometimes be replaced by said version, but it completely neglects the whole type of play it’s used for.
If you ask me its a nerf for its just a longer window that the enemy can completely neglect the damage. I’d much rather get a “buff” elsewhere.
Besides I don’t like the idea of a skill being independant like this, I much prefer how its synergy / combo with 100b being the pure damage component.

(edited by Obindo.6802)

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Posted by: Feral.3609

Feral.3609

Not sure if I like this idea, right now hundred blades needs to be setup – even then you may not be able to land the full burst and for good reason, it does amazing damage with the full series of attacks.

I like hundred blades as is and would not like to see a change to it.

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

100b will never be changed because of the PVE players.

PVP players want it to be more usefull (like all HOT skills are now.. )
PVE players dont care but only want to do big numbers.

Both are right ofc, this is why skills like 100b will always be good in 1 gamemode and bad/worse in other gamemode (like allot of other skills)
————

But Anet can atleast make the skill usefull for both situations, maby not mobile (because that means dmg nerf, and pve players dont want that ofc) but if its high risk then atleast let the skill destroy projectiles or something, so nothing changes for PVE players but PVP players can make more smart use of it

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Calling out the high numbers warriors can achieve in PvE as an indication on how strong the skill is is simply silly. Even the best DPS build leaves you in the mid range as far as other classes go.
There could be small adjustments to that skill at this point. Either a shorter channeling time with the old amount of damage or increased damage considering how far the game has progressed from the point where HB was “OP” in either PvE or PvP.

Would not really want the stationary part of the skill to be changed also. Much rather have another effect added to it like protection or a slow or whatever for PvP.
Greatsword is about the only weapon that feels well balanced with all of the things it can do without being too strong.
Kind of wish some of the other weapons would be looked at and be changed or have some skills ereworked instead.

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I think its about time to alow moving while chaneling hundred blades. Revenants with sword 3 follow their target and evade at same time and with staff 5 they evade and knock you back. Why cant we move with hundred blades? Sorry for my bad english.

It’s not like we don’t understand why you would suggest this. It’s not needed though. Look how amazing Gs is already as a weapon compared to our others….it’s amazing! It Truly is out best weapon just due to the sheer versatility it provides us. We got damage, we got mobility, we got an extra dodge, we got endurance regen, we got fury, we got a cripple, we got a vulnerability, we got might stacks. The weapon already gives us so much, it’s hard to ask for more. It is difficult to setup your hundred blades on competent players, no doubt, but there are still plenty of less viable ways to do it (land an immobilize that they don’t port out of instantly…land a heavy stun they don’t port out of instantly…lol). In terms of pve and weedwhacking stunned/new players (pvp/wvsw) we really couldn’t ask for more in this weapon set. I mean I would love if it reduced or blocked incoming projectiles in a 180 degree radius, but I would never take that if it meant a damage reduction or something bad being implemented into the weapon.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

Hundred blades

in Warrior

lighter.2708

LOL pure anime style

You say 2 phases, wich suggests its not just an instant quick extra cc, and maybe first second is an cc? 100b may be used to quickly deal out large ammount of damage for example right after an shield bash or flurry. Now if it included a phase of CC that would include time for them to stunbreak or port or invuln or whatever before damage hits in the first place. While this case may sometimes be replaced by said version, but it completely neglects the whole type of play it’s used for.
If you ask me its a nerf for its just a longer window that the enemy can completely neglect the damage. I’d much rather get a “buff” elsewhere.
Besides I don’t like the idea of a skill being independant like this, I much prefer how its synergy / combo with 100b being the pure damage component.

i said two phase just so you can reposition yourself properly, instead of force channeling HB in an awkward position and/or use other damaging skill like whirling instead of HB….i’m not sure if you played with engi shield or other two phased skill like thief’s new physical, but two phase literally means nothing to being “not-instant-quick”
yea, so you said it, you simply like it being damage, doesnt make it so this change equals a nerf, because certainly not

(edited by lighter.2708)

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

LOL pure anime style

i said two phase just so you can reposition yourself properly, instead of force channeling HB in an awkward position and/or use other damaging skill like whirling instead of HB….
Now If you shiledbash, they stunbreak, you can chain a float in order to hit hundred blade. if they are going to get out of shieldbash or flurry, they will get out anyway and you will miss hundred blade anyway..so there’s no different whatsoever..
and like seriously, if you add that, you won’t even need shiledbash to use hundred blade, you literally save a freaking skill, and if you want to chain shield bash into float and in to hundred blade that’s just like shield bash in to hundred blade…

You might wanna read what I said again, seems you did not.

Hundred blades

in Warrior

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Nah, movement won’t solve 100b.

Just reduce the channel time, boom done.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Hundred blades

in Warrior

lighter.2708

LOL pure anime style

i said two phase just so you can reposition yourself properly, instead of force channeling HB in an awkward position and/or use other damaging skill like whirling instead of HB….
Now If you shiledbash, they stunbreak, you can chain a float in order to hit hundred blade. if they are going to get out of shieldbash or flurry, they will get out anyway and you will miss hundred blade anyway..so there’s no different whatsoever..
and like seriously, if you add that, you won’t even need shiledbash to use hundred blade, you literally save a freaking skill, and if you want to chain shield bash into float and in to hundred blade that’s just like shield bash in to hundred blade…

You might wanna read what I said again, seems you did not.

yea, i did not, because the match was about to start and i just quickly typed w/e since my teammates yelling at me, personally figured i can edit later, you are probably not on seeing when you did the last post in this thread, but looks like you are on.

(edited by lighter.2708)