I definitely want a Paladin Warrior ES

in Warrior

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

At some point I want a Paladin Warrior Elite spec that is unique enough from both Warrior and Guardian. Would prefer it had Great Axe, and played a Support healing/AoE damage spec that does tons of front line cleaves damage that heals nearby allies from damage dealt.

Would like a a mechanical change that gives use multiple Burst to choose from and invokes a Holy Rage system that increase damage or increase Damage reduction by how much Holy Rage you have, and can be used to trigger other effects.

Major Spiritual theme to it and all. Holy Warriors, in the literal sense of the term.

Wouldn’t mind if it had Spirit Weapons but prefer the old method to them with better mechanics and more usefulness than the post nerfed version of the Spirit Weapons from Vanilla. But if there are better Paladin utility concepts I am down for it. Wouldn’t mind some type of Holy Forms(Kits/Tomes) that change our weapon skills, but with a visual form change somewhat like Dervish had but with each form having a unique holy warrior look. Maybe an Angel of Vengeance form and a God of Death form, etc.

Great Axe for all out cleaves and heals of allies. I played a healing class like this in Rift, with one of the mage classes. The name slips my tongue right now, but it was one of the most fun healing classes I played in a MMO before. Healing is based on Damage. You don’t dish out top damage, but the damage to heal ratio is bumped up to compensate for the healing and gain improved survivability which can be on par with Mesmers in terms of being an annoyance as well as a dual threat. Love the idea of it. We already have all the other roles down. A support defensive cleaver dps seem like a fun concept.

in Warrior

Posted by: Blackwaltz.7156

Blackwaltz.7156

If they ever put Greataxe in the game, it should be for the elite specialization called DESTROYER which should unleash 5bar bursts for EXTREME DESTRUCTION.

in Warrior

Posted by: Torbjorn Swiftmarch.6401

Torbjorn Swiftmarch.6401

Rofl. Same person , two accounts responding to your own threads . We have spell breaker Inc for the next 2+ years. None of this will happen so I wouldn’t bother

in Warrior

Posted by: TheSlothArmada.6709

TheSlothArmada.6709

Paladin Spec for Warrior? How does that make sense?
Guardian should be the one with a paladin spec

in Warrior

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

Literally just stealing from WoW, and trying to apply it to the wrong class.

0/10

in Warrior

Knighthonor.4061

If they ever put Greataxe in the game, it should be for the elite specialization called DESTROYER which should unleash 5bar bursts for EXTREME DESTRUCTION.

I rather not have more berseker theme Elite Specs. I want something unique from the berserker theme.

in Warrior

Knighthonor.4061

0/10

wait, WoW invented rage mechanics? Spirit weapons?
you lost me. what part is from WoW?

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Weapon master. No new weapon but triple weapon swap

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Knighthonor.4061

I would hate that for a new Elite Spec, because it doesnt really add a new mechanic, just updates something Warriors already have.

in Warrior

Knighthonor.4061

Makes sense because lots of Elite specs take a dual profession theme.

Also Warriors always could tap into some form of godly magic. Dervish literally were described as Holy Warriors from whatever land they came from.

So not a stretch for Warrior class to also get a Paladin, aka a Holy Warrior elite spec yet still be far different from Guardians, as long as the play style and class mechanics are different enough and fun to play.

no different from Elementalist and Ranger-Druids. they both tap into elemental magic and nature itself, but they not the same class at all. They different enough to still be unique in terms of gameplay.

I prefer if Guardians went a different route and was more darker in theme, such as a Ritualist Knight or something.

in Warrior

TheSlothArmada.6709

I prefer if Guardians went a different route and was more darker in theme, such as a Ritualist Knight or something.

Or they could go the paladin route without having to dump that trash on Warrior. I don’t know why you want magic on warrior. It’s theme is garbage enough with Ranger Berserker and Psuedo-Theif Spellbreaker

in Warrior

Knighthonor.4061

Or they could go the paladin route without having to dump that trash on Warrior. I don’t know why you want magic on warrior. It’s theme is garbage enough with Ranger Berserker and Psuedo-Theif Spellbreaker

because Warriors could always use magic in the lore. in fact, they worshiped the same gods as some of the other classes which they channel for their magic. So not a reach at all. Dervish were said to be Holy Warriors. again Warriors always could use magic.

in Warrior

Valik Shin.9027

I would hate that for a new Elite Spec, because it doesnt really add a new mechanic, just updates something Warriors already have.

I would say having 3 weapon sets available would be a new mechanic

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Valik Shin.9027

Another thing that would be nice is for warrior to have more combo fields. They have finishers out the ass but only 2 fields (counting both LB burst as 1)

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Knighthonor.4061

I would say having 3 weapon sets available would be a new mechanic

That’s not a new mechanic because warrior like most classes already have ability to swap weapons.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

0/10

wait, WoW invented rage mechanics? Spirit weapons?
you lost me. what part is from WoW?

their minds would explode if you told them that warcraft was just a ripoff of warhammer.

in Warrior

TheSlothArmada.6709

because Warriors could always use magic in the lore. in fact, they worshiped the same gods as some of the other classes which they channel for their magic. So not a reach at all. Dervish were said to be Holy Warriors. again Warriors always could use magic.

I don’t care about the lore. No magic on a no magic class.

in Warrior

CrashTheGrey.1492

Would like a a mechanical change that gives use multiple Burst to choose from and invokes a Holy Rage system that increase damage or increase Damage reduction by how much Holy Rage you have, and can be used to trigger other effects.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Holy_Power

Multiple Bursts, can be used to trigger other effects, additional damage. 3 bars…..

Your idea is generic and unfitted to the aesthetic of GW2. There is already an adapted “paladin” archetype in Guardian, and this would be the pumpkin spice latte ugg boots version of paladin.

Simultaneous Heals/ Damage won’t be tuned properly, because it doesn’t work. It’s either too strong, or its garbage. Either way, it’s passive and weak gameplay. I played some rift, didn’t hold up for long. PvP was a joke. Then you throw in passive damage increase….

What this gives, regardless of attempts to balance, is passive, brain dead gameplay. A very spammy class. And a completely unoriginal flavor of it.

(edited by CrashTheGrey.1492)

in Warrior

Knighthonor.4061

Multiple Bursts, can be used to trigger other effects, additional damage. 3 bars…..

Your idea is generic and unfitted to the aesthetic of GW2. There is already an adapted “paladin” archetype in Guardian, and this would be the pumpkin spice latte ugg boots version of paladin.

Simultaneous Heals/ Damage won’t be tuned properly, because it doesn’t work. It’s either too strong, or its garbage. Either way, it’s passive and weak gameplay. I played some rift, didn’t hold up for long. PvP was a joke. Then you throw in passive damage increase….

What this gives, regardless of attempts to balance, is passive, brain dead gameplay. A very spammy class. And a completely unoriginal flavor of it.

ok looking over that link you provided, that is nothing like a Rage mechanic,, its closer to Thief initiative.

You say this is generic yet all Elite Specs pretty much are combos of GW2 classes. Cant be more generic than that. Yet it works out. As I stated, I was given a simple idea for it, but just like all other Elite Specs, although similar, they still unique.
Prime example is Ranger and Dragonhunter Guardians. They are very similar in that they both have Traps and Bow usage yet still very unique from each other.

So again I dont see why a Guardian and Paladin Warrior cant also share similar concepts yet also be just as Different and Unique.

again saying Guardian is already the Paladin, is like saying Ranger is already the Dragonhunter. Its ridiculous. Guardians, lore wise arent the only Spiritual Fighters in the IP. As I said time and time again, Dervish were also considered Holy Warriors from there region and time period. Same with Ritualist and Monks.

Heals from Damage can work great. Since its a balanced feature. We already have something similar technically with Life Siphon which isnt a reach. So not hard to AoE the healing part of the damage. Also the Heal skill itself could have some effects here. As I suggested already, the Utility Skills could be some kind of Form/Tome/Kits that change the Weapon skills granting more support abilities to compensate for the lack of damage with a increase of self and group support and defense.

Also with the suggestion of a Holy Rage system as I stated originally, how could it be a Spammy design thats brain dead if you have a resource you need to manage it? you contradict your own self.

in Warrior

Knighthonor.4061

define Magic? Because as I keep saying, Warriors also always had access to Magic. Same gods as every other class that channel energy from that god.

in Warrior

TheSlothArmada.6709

define Magic? Because as I keep saying, Warriors also always had access to Magic. Same gods as every other class that channel energy from that god.

What magic are you using on warrior??

in Warrior

Knighthonor.4061

Balthazar
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gods_of_Tyria

in Warrior

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

Just hopping in here to say that in Tyria, magic isn’t just some flashy stuff old men with long beards conjure up for birthday parties. Magic infuses everyone and everything, so you can’t be an edgy “I ESCHEW MAGIC TO KILL MY ENEMIES” Warrior because, whether you like it or not, the techniques and abilities you use are infused with some level of magic. Do you really think your shouts and pieces of cloth on wooden frames are so powerful because they’re cool? No, there’s magic involved.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

in Warrior

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Just hopping in here to say that in Tyria, magic isn’t just some flashy stuff old men with long beards conjure up for birthday parties. Magic infuses everyone and everything, so you can’t be an edgy “I ESCHEW MAGIC TO KILL MY ENEMIES” Warrior because, whether you like it or not, the techniques and abilities you use are infused with some level of magic. Do you really think your shouts and pieces of cloth on wooden frames are so powerful because they’re cool? No, there’s magic involved.

you sure that banners dont work because of instilling inspiration?

im pretty sure magic is involved with them appearing out of nowhere and the elite making a magic circle tho…

in Warrior

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

I think the paladin/holy warrior theme is better left to Guardian who already has a hard slant towards a virtuous knight.

I’m more partial to a shadowknight type elite, or just a spellblade type elite… or, my personal favorite idea, an alchemical warrior.

in Warrior

TheSlothArmada.6709

Balthazar
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gods_of_Tyria

I don’t think you are getting the point. I’m not playing as a magic user, I’m playing WARRIOR. It doesn’t matter if any other warrior you mention using magic since the WARRIOR in THIS game DOESN’T use MAGIC. I don’t care what the lore is saying, the warrior I’m playing isn’t a magic using class!

I HOPE my use of CAPS makes my POINT much CLEARER
lol

in Warrior

CrashTheGrey.1492

ok looking over that link you provided, that is nothing like a Rage mechanic,, its closer to Thief initiative.

You say this is generic yet all Elite Specs pretty much are combos of GW2 classes. Cant be more generic than that. Yet it works out. As I stated, I was given a simple idea for it, but just like all other Elite Specs, although similar, they still unique.
Prime example is Ranger and Dragonhunter Guardians. They are very similar in that they both have Traps and Bow usage yet still very unique from each other.

So again I dont see why a Guardian and Paladin Warrior cant also share similar concepts yet also be just as Different and Unique.

again saying Guardian is already the Paladin, is like saying Ranger is already the Dragonhunter. Its ridiculous. Guardians, lore wise arent the only Spiritual Fighters in the IP. As I said time and time again, Dervish were also considered Holy Warriors from there region and time period. Same with Ritualist and Monks.

Heals from Damage can work great. Since its a balanced feature. We already have something similar technically with Life Siphon which isnt a reach. So not hard to AoE the healing part of the damage. Also the Heal skill itself could have some effects here. As I suggested already, the Utility Skills could be some kind of Form/Tome/Kits that change the Weapon skills granting more support abilities to compensate for the lack of damage with a increase of self and group support and defense.

Also with the suggestion of a Holy Rage system as I stated originally, how could it be a Spammy design thats brain dead if you have a resource you need to manage it? you contradict your own self.

Looks like you aren’t very good at reading. It’s nothing like thief Initiative. I played both a Ret and Holy Paladin in WoW. Try again, initiative is restored over time in small increments, holy power is generated through skill usage, and consumed through other skills. It’s 3 bars, and isn’t that far off in feel from the current adrenaline mechanic with the caveat of versatility in what skills can be used. (You specifically mention “multiple burst” to choose from, and that is EXACTLY how paladin works.)

There is not “resource management”. You did not specify anything about how your holy rage mechanic is gained. Logic would say in a similar fashion to how warrior gains it now, much like adrenaline. If anyone honestly thinks adrenaline is “resource management”, they’re kidding themselves.

What you have outlined does not specify otherwise, and every elite spec preceding has utilized adrenaline mechanics to dictate burst. What you have here is a Ret Paladin without any rhyme or reason to how it obtains both its damage and healing. Its just a spam fest that stacks adrenaline to drop burst and heals simultaneously in a circle. It’s entirely passive.

Whether anything is overpowered is speculation, but what isn’t is the gameplay mechanics you’ve outlined. Intentionally or not. This would be braindead, and likely irreplaceable in a game that has mostly shirked a real trinity.

As far as “Rage Mechanics” are concerned

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Rage

Adrenaline is a “rage mechanic”. So either you use a different name and outline an entirely different set of generation themes, or you take the current system and make the most braindead heal and damage spam cycling piano character this game has seen.

(edited by CrashTheGrey.1492)

in Warrior

Posted by: flyingfox.6150

flyingfox.6150

You do understand the Guardian class is Guild Wars 2 version of the Paladin, Holy Warrior, Warrior Priest archetype right?