I don't like the defy pain change.

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Maybe I just haven’t gotten used to it but can anyone offer up any pros to this change?

in Warrior

Posted by: RookSix.8105

RookSix.8105

Helps noobs like me who instinctively smash the “Endure Pain” key at low percents, wasting Defy and Endure.

And probably because sometimes when you take a hit at about 26 percent (or a big burst from any percent), the defy pain activates after the damage. So if you drop to 15, your defy starts there. I guess it improves your chances.

I guess.

But this does make it seem like its more offensive than defensive now.
Also would have liked them to make Defy give resistance as well, but then that would make the trait OP.

in Warrior

EvilSardine.9635

It really sucks because I always kept my defy pain in my back pocket in a duel. Just when the enemy thought they had me on the ropes it triggers and I end up turning the fight around. Now, it’s just odd and triggers when my health is at half…..which is plenty health for me. It’s just a weird change and I think it’s a bad one.

Don’t punish the good players because bad warriors can’t keep track of their skills. :|

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

It’s a pretty easy thing to account for, and is an overall buff as well. As RookSix does anyway, just save EP for when you’re low or use it early in the fight.

The buff comes in by way of a higher likelihood of sending your opponent into panic as you’re bursting him while at high health and not taking any damage yourself, and for your cd to be up so you can use the trait again before the fight is over.

If you use EP early, then it’s conceivable that you’d get to use both twice, which equals 20s of direct damage immunity in a single fight.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Claudia De Anar.6304

Claudia De Anar.6304

Disappointed myself, Definitely will play test it before coming to a final conclusion but I think 30-35% tops would be useful; at 50% its going to fire too soon too randomly.

As per, the Devs tendency to see a problem and overcorrect seems to be intact. Never use a light touch when a hammer’s at hand eh?

Claudia de Anar: An Equal Oppertunity Massacre.

in Warrior

EvilSardine.9635

biggest problem is that they dont stack.. so using endure pain around 60% issnt very unlikely.. but when you get downed to 50% because condi then your defy pain gets used also.. but because they dont stack you lose defy pain if there was 1sec endure pain left..

Yep. And what sucks is that you can pop your endure pain at 75% but because you have some condis on you ticking fast, it’ll auto trigger defy pain at 50% and they don’t stack. So you just lost one. :\

in Warrior

Posted by: longhaul.7462

longhaul.7462

I also do not like the change, I feel the Endure Pain pops way to fast and I don’t need it at 50% hp. What they should have done to Endure Pain was keep it at 25% but fix the dumb bug when it would not pop even though you passed 25% hp.

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

This is a good change. It brings the defy pain in line with the other classes safety traits like spectral armor at 50%.

Also, for a playstyle line mine, it just increases the threshold at which I can stay in the fight.
I always found it easy to twitch endure pain when you got low, but at times it would overlap with defy pain and be useless.

Plus this opens up the possibility of it proccing twice in a fight.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in Warrior

Posted by: Thunder King.2936

Thunder King.2936

Honestly, i think it’s a lot better than the old Ds, with the old Ds there was a possibility for the passive to be bypassed if you take a burst higher than 25% of your hp. With the current / past meta the availability of high burst skills are high….so this is a decent change imo.

in Warrior

EvilSardine.9635

This is a good change. It brings the defy pain in line with the other classes safety traits like spectral armor at 50%.

Wut? No, you can’t compare spectral armor with endure pain.

Engineer’s elixer S procs at 25%
Ele’s arcase shield procs at 25%
Revenant’s invuln procs at 25%.

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Wut? No, you can’t compare spectral armor with endure pain.

Engineer’s elixer S procs at 25%
Ele’s arcase shield procs at 25%
Revenant’s invuln procs at 25%.

Unlike most safety nets, SA and DP function in the same way. I like the change. Neither is an invuln, it is more like an alert at 50%. And I can play my course of action instead of at 25% which is arguably too late for a warrior.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in Warrior

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

Scrap what I wrote earlier. I played a lot today and I liked the new EP. Just gotta change my reflexes to not overlap both EP. The new treshhold allow for more proc in a long lasting fight which is great.

Thanks Anet!

(edited by Phantom.5389)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I’m fine with the change and think it was made this way to synergize with the new adrenaline health. IF you have defy and endure pain in ur build: you won’t feel pressured into using the endure pain early in a fight. I mean let’s be honest here most of us use healing signet….if you are lowered to under 50% of your health early in a fight you are at a HUGe disadvantage. This is why I used to proc my endure pain early in a fight to make sure that doesn’t happen and I have time to get some hits in to use my other abilities to allow myself the comeback should I fall to that point. The 25% defy pain was reallly just a fallback for me. WHen it procs I retreat generally no questions asked….very unlikely I can hold a fight if things got to that point (outside of finishing a fight).
That probably made little sense, but presently I don’t have to worry about getting too low in health now! I fight normally…..then when i get to 50% the defy pain procs and I have time to use my new sustain to get back up to health numbers! And all the time this happens I have my endure pain on standby as a fallback. I’m happy with this change. People using defiant stance or to the limit as their heal….will NOT be happy with this change. For traditional warrior build I believe it is a buff.

plus it willl be bettter against daredevils and other burst enemies. Especially since the old defy pain didn’t always proc at 25% depending on whether u got bursted. having it prov at 50% is better than having it proc at 0%. The thing where defy pain and endure pain DONT stack though….I didn’t know about that, and I can see it being an issue but its one we can learn to try to avoid..

Also alot of abilities give extra damage against enemies below 50% hp….so I see this as a further plus for the new defy pain.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in Warrior

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

The sooner it procs the sooner its back of CD. This means more endure pain uptime overall.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

The sooner it procs the sooner its back of CD. This means more endure pain uptime overall.

I agree. It’s a good change, but didn’t go further enough IMO. Hitting the 50% threshold means that as a warrior, I have to sit back and get hit that often? Doesn’t match the berserker theme. I’d rather it proc at 75% or higher, around 85-90% would be ideal.

in Warrior

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

This is a great change. Loving it. Procs much more now. Especially with the new adrenal health keeping us above 25%.

in Warrior

Posted by: Onlysaneman.9612

Onlysaneman.9612

As some have been saying, the earlier proc increases the odds of being able to proc twice in a fight- particularly if you’re running a sturdier build with the new healing. If you’re glass, you still get 8-10 seconds total of invuln, you just need to rethink when to fire off your active endure pain a bit. If you aren’t glass, you can potentially juggle the invulns over a longer fight for a much greater period of defense.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I agree. It’s a good change, but didn’t go further enough IMO. Hitting the 50% threshold means that as a warrior, I have to sit back and get hit that often? Doesn’t match the berserker theme. I’d rather it proc at 75% or higher, around 85-90% would be ideal.

Go more glass cannon, problem solved. If you find it that hard to lose more than 10% of your hp you should be running scholar runes with full zerk and power buffs.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]