I hate how i feel like rerolling my main.

in Warrior

Posted by: DaniTheHero.6318

DaniTheHero.6318

I love my warrior to death, my first character and my one and only main.

Yet in this current state warriors are unplayable and underpowered.
Every class is the game got majorly upgraded/buffed.
While warriors remained at the same spot and got arguably weaker if you use the elite spec.

i’m torn between continuing to suffer or simply make a guard and move all my gear there..

in Warrior

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

guard is really really fun. give it a go.

luckily I have two mains, so I’ve just become an engineer main post HoT. I’m having a great time on it, but I do miss warrior.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

While I love Warrior as well, I don’t see things getting better anytime soon. We’ve gotten whittled down by continuous nerfs for three years, and the bottom finally fell out when the expansion pack dropped.

Go ahead and reroll; you may as well get your money’s worth and actually enjoy the game on a playable class (i.e. anything but Warrior or Thief). ANet has totally forsaken Warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tipper.6973

Tipper.6973

We’re unlikely to see any balance patches until after raids have dropped and been out for a while. Warrior won’t improve for at least a few months, and improvement isn’t even guaranteed. Beyond that, we will be getting quarterly balance patches for the pvp seasons. My advice? Don’t hold your breath. Abandon ship like the rest of us have.

Reaper, Guardian, and Revenant are all stronger choices than current Warrior. Get out there and enjoy the game. It’s a lot of fun – don’t let poor class choice sour that for you.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Today’s patch prooved you guys above me right,… we won’t see this fixed anytime soon. I feel you OP. My Warrior was my main and preffered character. Keyword, WAS.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zygil.1276

Zygil.1276

I too regret my “Main” being Warrior. Rerolling is easy, but your main is the first character created and has its own soul bound achievements. Unlike races, a profession is at the mercy of balance patches, is untied to serious story dialogue, and can be frustrating to suddenly dislike your character because of how Anet decides to buff/nerf your profession or other professions. I dislike how often Anet only buffs or nerfs abilities, never make a balanced compensation or trade off that makes you go “Oh, that skill lost damage but it got some useful utility!”. Balance patches with those kind of offerings are super rare, skills and traits go from too good to undesired.

For this reason, I would just like to have the ability to interchange between profressions on a single character. Whether it be a gem shop item or an actual way to give more things to unlock. Like a Profession Mastery line, which you can unlock to change to other professions on a single character instead of creating a new one. There are players I’m sure besides myself who would love to expand on a single character over re-rolling extra characters just for pure profession change reasons.

So when Warrior sucks, you can swap to something else till it becomes favorable again and not be at the mercy of balance patches. Yet your “Main/First” retains being an enjoyment to play.

(edited by Zygil.1276)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ailment.8591

Ailment.8591

I wanted to play Warrior following the release of HoT. Really did.

I managed about halfway into Maguuma, all the way to finish the traitline and… I couldn’t do it.

I toyed with the other classes. And you know what… Warrior just doesn’t match them. I feel like I have to try so hard just to be where the other classes are when I don’t have to try nearly as hard.

I moved almost all my gear over to Revenant, with the soulbound stuff remaining on the Warrior.

Until Warrior feels more like it can compare to the other classes, I won’t be touching it except for crafting purposes.

This is reflected throughout my guild for the most part. I only see a couple of people who remain with the Warrior class, and it’s for varying reasons.

Personally, I’m on haitus from the class until it’s brought more in line. Perhaps if ANet sees how few people play the Warrior, they will realize how much they need to fix it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I actually found it quite easy to do HoT on my war…. without zerk spec, and using melee/melee…
I had deleted my war after her 3rd bday, and ended up remaking her, glad I did.

Also, I was running around in mostly exotic gear, until I moved my war’s old ascended set back on to her.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I’m beginning to think half my frustration with playing warrior in HoT is warrior itself. Or how every mob seems hellbent on countering warrior (and melee in general). The accusations of “Range Wars 2” aren’t wrong by any stretch.

(The other half of my frustration is shoddy layouts in portions of the map design.)

Could be that part of my combat frustration is choosing hammer, for the sake of murdering Defiance bars (and squishing pocket raptors :P), instead of the “more acceptable” greatsword and longbow. But that’s kind of the point in saying it. If you’re not using Phalanx Strength/Greatsword or ShoutBow, there aren’t any decent builds to tackle HoT content.

My non-Chrono mesmer walked in and wrecked shop, effortlessly. My ranger sails through most of the enemies. But my warrior has to close massive gaps in order to deal subpar damage, while enemies either leap-stealth away or charging-knockdown with no-cooldown skills.

So, I’m not sure if I regret HoT itself, or just experiencing it with a warrior.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Warrior

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

I’m releveling my necro right now. I have an 80 necro already, but it’s a charr, and I’m just not interested in charr aesthetics anymore. There are parts I like, but human is just.. better.

I want to try Guardian, but DH just doesn’t appeal to me whatsoever, and I don’t know how good Guardian is outside of that.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

I’m beginning to think half my frustration with playing warrior in HoT is warrior itself. Or how every mob seems hellbent on countering warrior (and melee in general). The accusations of “Range Wars 2” aren’t wrong by any stretch.

(The other half of my frustration is shoddy layouts in portions of the map design.)

Could be that part of my combat frustration is choosing hammer, for the sake of murdering Defiance bars (and squishing pocket raptors :P), instead of the “more acceptable” greatsword and longbow. But that’s kind of the point in saying it. If you’re not using Phalanx Strength/Greatsword or ShoutBow, there aren’t any decent builds to tackle HoT content.

My non-Chrono mesmer walked in and wrecked shop, effortlessly. My ranger sails through most of the enemies. But my warrior has to close massive gaps in order to deal subpar damage, while enemies either leap-stealth away or charging-knockdown with no-cooldown skills.

So, I’m not sure if I regret HoT itself, or just experiencing it with a warrior.

Good observation… I too noticed that melee is at a severe disadvantage in HoT PvE, with all the mobs constantly spamming knockdowns and other CC attacks.

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackBunny.3681

BlackBunny.3681

I have tried DH and its my new class, going to test out rev…. def between DH and rev (Dh is like a updated bow warrior spec) and rev is just fully updated warrior spec but the only thing rev lacks is a Gsword. Or i would of already mained it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I have 2 level 80s up until 2 weeks ago, They were Guard and War. I then tomed my Thief for the daredevil spec but hes been put on hold while im enjoying my guard.

Last weekend i started levelling my Rev. The secret to enjoying this game is to have at least 2 level 80s, preferably more so that when one class gets nerfed , you can switch to another and not get all frustrated waiting for a balance patch.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Warrior

Posted by: cryorion.9532

cryorion.9532

Good observation… I too noticed that melee is at a severe disadvantage in HoT PvE, with all the mobs constantly spamming knockdowns and other CC attacks.

Lol, in pve, warrior is just fine, even condi berserker can be somehow interesting (I have to try that one)
I had no big troubles killing things with full zerker gear at all in HoT.
The broblem with warrior and berserker is in PvP.
#anetshiftingmeta

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

i don’t feel bad anymore, i’ve tried to quit warrior so many times since 2013, each time i regret and come back only to be hit harder with even harsh reality, thanks anet, now i don’t even feel like logging on that PoS, certainly no regret.

in Warrior

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Lol, in pve, warrior is just fine, even condi berserker can be somehow interesting (I have to try that one)
I had no big troubles killing things with full zerker gear at all in HoT.
The broblem with warrior and berserker is in PvP.
#anetshiftingmeta

In PvE, every class is great. It’s PvP where the weaknesses are exposed. Warriors are currently underpowered and gets exposed when facing an equally skilled player of other class (except thieves maybe).

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in Warrior

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Yea, not even bothering with it on my thief for this reason. I think daredevil was made defensive/evasive because the thief didn’t physically have enough dodges to deal with everything autokilling them in the expansion, not because of any desired change to class direction.

Wars are weird at the moment. The performance ceiling is low but so is the barrier of entry. Not sure what they can do to make the class perform better in PvP environments without breaking it due to the design needing to be simple and still let newer or more inexperienced players find success as the class was meant to do. I feel like more technical abilities are needed, and hopefully come with subsequent specialization releases. As it is, though, brute strength and the lack of meaningful interaction/difficulty for executing their moves was what made them go through the OP → UP decline.

I blame the hammer and PS for being so strong keeping them from being buffed for the PvP formats and PvE, respectively.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I blame the hammer and PS for being so strong keeping them from being buffed for the PvP formats and PvE, respectively.

Keying onto this, for truth. Hammer isn’t going to see buffs, unless Revenant is seen as a new baseline.
The Greatsword might-buff machine is pretty much the only acceptable shtick for warriors right now, and that needs to change. Hopefully by adding more synergies to other weapons.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Warrior

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Keying onto this, for truth. Hammer isn’t going to see buffs, unless Revenant is seen as a new baseline.
The Greatsword might-buff machine is pretty much the only acceptable shtick for warriors right now, and that needs to change. Hopefully by adding more synergies to other weapons.

Knowing Anet, they will nerf GS as well in order to keep in track with the other weapons LOL. Then the warriors will be good for nothing in any of the game modes. Even ele does better might (and fury) stacking than a warrior and Herald perhaps?

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in Warrior

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I played War as a main all though the first three years. Now my time is split between Revenant and Dragonhunter. While I would love to hand out head butts it felt boring, while almost none of the other elites, while some under whelming, felt boring.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Warrior

Posted by: OJM.5103

OJM.5103

Whilst I agree it’s definitely not the most engaging elite spec, when looking at PVE it is definitely NOT weak. With the latest war changes AND the new spec you’re basically still running PS for group comps but with sooo much more damage because of huge self buffing capabilities from Berserker.

I am yet to try war in pvp, haven’t done so since I got Champ Legionnaire, however at the point in which I was playing war a lot in pvp it was so much kittening effort compared to a majority of other classes because of how much every one rinsed it when hambow rampage hype was around. I found you had to literally play with so much more unpredictability so I don’t even wanna think about what it is like now >.>

[GAMW]

(edited by OJM.5103)

in Warrior

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

Level 35 necro with 33 ToK’s in the bank, still haven’t touched crafting. I mean, I already even have an 80 necro, but even rerolling a class that I already had was more appealing than continuing to play Warrior.

G-kittening-G.

One foot out the door, yet again.