I'm kinda nervous about the new patch

in Warrior

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I use LB/ sword and axe and the new changes attack a lot of the utilities and stuff I use, I understand balance, but do you think this will severely hurt warriors?

in Warrior

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Axe offhand is getting a pretty big buff though, but cleansing ire needed tweaking anyway, so more of a fix than a nerf.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Warrior

DrDivine.5378

Axe offhand is getting a pretty big buff though, but cleansing ire needed tweaking anyway, so more of a fix than a nerf.

Really? can you tell me what the buff is? xD, and yeah, even though I LOVE cleansing ire, it did need some work. I guess I was a bit spoiled.

in Warrior

Posted by: KittyRiv.5291

KittyRiv.5291

Will kill class in PvP/wvw with the exception of zergling.

in Warrior

warriorjrd.8695

Really? can you tell me what the buff is? xD, and yeah, even though I LOVE cleansing ire, it did need some work. I guess I was a bit spoiled.

Axe 5 is getting 17% damage increase ( I believe thats the number) and I think a CD reduction, not 100% sure of the CD change, but I do know the damage was increased quite significantly.

in Warrior

DrDivine.5378

Axe 5 is getting 17% damage increase ( I believe thats the number) and I think a CD reduction, not 100% sure of the CD change, but I do know the damage was increased quite significantly.

Ah nvm then I realized I use axe mainhand

in Warrior

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Ah nvm then I realized I use axe mainhand

In that case, Sword 4 is getting a nerf. They didn’t mean to give warriors Permanent Torment. Axe 5 is now 17% more damage and 15 second cooldown I believe was the change.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Even with the buff axe auto attack is still likely going to provide better dps.

But yes, they are lowering the cooldown to 15 seconds.

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Hello,

I use LB/ sword and axe and the new changes attack a lot of the utilities and stuff I use, I understand balance, but do you think this will severely hurt warriors?

Honestly it’s hard to tell without testing. My thoughts for now:

• In PvE, the challenge has shifted a long time ago from clearing obstacles to clearing them as fast as possible. If anything, the changes can only introduce new inter-classes rotations to accommodate for better DPS. As for the warrior retaining his prominent role in these, only those bothering to min/max could tell – and of course they’d need more info about the changes to come for other classes – but I cannot see the warrior thrown out of an optimized party yet.
  • In PvP, it’s harder to predict. The change to adrenaline suddenly makes burst errors less forgiving against good players, so I’d say things could become harder for mid-level players. High-level players might not see a change, because they already manage their bursts well. However, note that Conquest Mode heavily relies on the longbow, with its burst being legitimately preemptively activated on nodes as often as possible, so it’ll actually depend on whether shots not hitting opponents still trigger Cleansing Ire (i.e. still allowing for automatic condition management).
  • In WvW, it would depend on your roles. I suspect that frontline warriors won’t see too much a difference because it’s harder to miss when in zerg melee, and a miss can somehow be compensated by the performance of teammates. Roamers, on the other hand, could see some change, because they’re bound to fight duels or small-scale combats, where missing is more critical. Again, good players already manage their adrenaline and prepare their bursts, so this would primarily affect less experienced players.

IMHO, and that remains to be tested, the changes look good on paper, because:

• They somehow require that the warrior now manage his adrenaline in a more subtle way than simply attacking as much as possible. If warriors could eventually come to active management of conditions and health, then things would become even more interesting – we’re still not here though, despite the patch.
  • They try to improve underused skills, thus increasing build diversity. Still, these changes sadly remain very minor – for instance when compared to introducing a secondary class system…

Regards.

in Warrior

DrDivine.5378

Hello,

• In PvE, the challenge has shifted a long time ago from clearing obstacles to clearing them as fast as possible. If anything, the changes can only introduce new inter-classes rotations to accommodate for better DPS. As for the warrior retaining his prominent role in these, only those bothering to min/max could tell – and of course they’d need more info about the changes to come for other classes – but I cannot see the warrior thrown out of an optimized party yet.
  • In PvP, it’s harder to predict. The change to adrenaline suddenly makes burst errors less forgiving against good players, so I’d say things could become harder for mid-level players. High-level players might not see a change, because they already manage their bursts well. However, note that Conquest Mode heavily relies on the longbow, with its burst being legitimately preemptively activated on nodes as often as possible, so it’ll actually depend on whether shots not hitting opponents still trigger Cleansing Ire (i.e. still allowing for automatic condition management).
  • In WvW, it would depend on your roles. I suspect that frontline warriors won’t see too much a difference because it’s harder to miss when in zerg melee, and a miss can somehow be compensated by the performance of teammates. Roamers, on the other hand, could see some change, because they’re bound to fight duels or small-scale combats, where missing is more critical. Again, good players already manage their adrenaline and prepare their bursts, so this would primarily affect less experienced players.

• They somehow require that the warrior now manage his adrenaline in a more subtle way than simply attacking as much as possible. If warriors could eventually come to active management of conditions and health, then things would become even more interesting – we’re still not here though, despite the patch.
  • They try to improve underused skills, thus increasing build diversity. Still, these changes sadly remain very minor – for instance when compared to introducing a secondary class system…

Regards.

I will say though, one change I really like is when you miss your burst attack, it does not use the adrenaline. Combine that with the fact that signet of rage grants 50% adrenaline and I think it will still work, its more of just skills that got shifted around.

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Hello,

Regards.

I will say though, one change I really like is when you miss your burst attack, it does not use the adrenaline. Combine that with the fact that signet of rage grants 50% adrenaline and I think it will still work, its more of just skills that got shifted around.

You may have made a typo.

Missing a burst attack -does- cost you all adrenaline.

if you whiff a burst, you lose your adrenaline and any chance at proccing cleansing ire.

You’re right though. with signet of rage building adrenaline twice as fast, we have compensation for it.

Can’t tell how that makes me want to use [Rampage] though.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Warrior

DrDivine.5378

Hello,

Regards.

if you whiff a burst, you lose your adrenaline and any chance at proccing cleansing ire.

You’re right though. with signet of rage building adrenaline twice as fast, we have compensation for it.

I may have read that part wrong, it seems like signet of rage is gonna be one of the primary adrenaline boosters which I’m okay with because I usually open a fight with that signet. As much as I would really like warriors to stay the way they were, I’m trying to keep in mind that this isn’t to make another class superior, it’s to make it an even fighting ground.

“We reworked how the adrenaline works. Currently, your adrenaline is only consumed if you hit with your skill (i.e. if you miss with Eviscerate, your adrenaline is not consumed). Now If you miss your adrenaline dump skills, you will lose adrenaline”

“Berserker Stance – Previous this skill gave just under 5 full bars of Adrenaline which was a lot. Adrenaline gain reduced by 40%, you can only get a full 3 bar of adrenaline.”

“Impale – This offhand sword skill previous had over 100% upcoming on Torment, we felt this was too much. We have reduced torment duration from 12s to 8s.”

These are the three that will hit my warrior the hardest, but I feel like it still can be worked around. That other half of adrenaline boost you get from berserker stance is getting moved to signet of rage so you still have access, its just spread out lol.

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Hello,

Regards.

I may have read that part wrong, it seems like signet of rage is gonna be one of the primary adrenaline boosters which I’m okay with because I usually open a fight with that signet. As much as I would really like warriors to stay the way they were, I’m trying to keep in mind that this isn’t to make another class superior, it’s to make it an even fighting ground.

“We reworked how the adrenaline works. Currently, your adrenaline is only consumed if you hit with your skill (i.e. if you miss with Eviscerate, your adrenaline is not consumed). Now If you miss your adrenaline dump skills, you will lose adrenaline.

“Berserker Stance – Previous this skill gave just under 5 full bars of Adrenaline which was a lot. Adrenaline gain reduced by 40%, you can only get a full 3 bar of adrenaline.”

“Impale – This offhand sword skill previous had over 100% upcoming on Torment, we felt this was too much. We have reduced torment duration from 12s to 8s.”

These are the three that will hit my warrior the hardest, but I feel like it still can be worked around. That other half of adrenaline boost you get from berserker stance is getting moved to signet of rage so you still have access, its just spread out lol.

Now If you miss your adrenaline dump skills, you will lose adrenaline. < —-

Also, if you want the adrenaline from Rage, you can’t use it. The Adrenaline pulse only works if its inactive, so opening a fight with it will not allow you to gain adrenaline from it.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Warrior

DrDivine.5378

Hello,

Regards.

“We reworked how the adrenaline works. Currently, your adrenaline is only consumed if you hit with your skill (i.e. if you miss with Eviscerate, your adrenaline is not consumed). Now If you miss your adrenaline dump skills, you will lose adrenaline.

Now If you miss your adrenaline dump skills, you will lose adrenaline. < —-

Also, if you want the adrenaline from Rage, you can’t use it. The Adrenaline pulse only works if its inactive, so opening a fight with it will not allow you to gain adrenaline from it.

So I guess someone might have to alter their rotation a bit, perhaps starting the fight building adrenaline and then using the signet for your main burst damage?

in Warrior

warriorjrd.8695

Well nothing really beats axe AA in terms of DPS, but axe 5 will be quite good for building adrenaline, and considering the changes to adrenaline, that could be quite valuable. You might see more axe/axe warriors after the patch, and I might ditch off hand mace to try it out =p

in Warrior

Posted by: Doctoris.2675

Doctoris.2675

It’s not just for the damage. Remember that Axe 5 deals 15 hits over 3 seconds. If you hit 2 things (Pets, Necro Minions, Parrot, Spirits, Turrets, etc.), that’s 3 full adrenaline bars filled with one skill. It has its uses.

[EDIT] Balls, someone beat me to it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

I wonder if they’ll undo the split between the pve/pvp versions of whirling axe. Surely if boosting it’s damage to 5.0 in pvp is fine then it should be fine in wvw too.

in Warrior

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

I believe the intention was to have Axe offhand to be used as Adrenaline builder. Axe 5 plus Major trait for Axe CD reduciton and Adren bonus. I still find blocking better.

in Warrior

DrDivine.5378

I believe the intention was to have Axe offhand to be used as Adrenaline builder. Axe 5 plus Major trait for Axe CD reduciton and Adren bonus. I still find blocking better.

Do you still thing longbow/ axe main hand and sword off hand will still be viable as an adrenaline builder?