I'm so glad I rolled a warrior for my main

in Warrior

Posted by: ecthelion.6794

ecthelion.6794

It takes roughly 2 weeks on my schedule for me to level a character to 80.

I don’t have the patience to do it again.

And that’s why I’m so glad I chose right the first time.

The Warrior is the ONLY class in the game that is suitable for all the different combat environments of the game. It’s the real jack of all trades.

It has good melee damage, both single target and PBAoE. It also has good ranged damage so you can do Dungeons and kite bosses who are murderous in melee.
So all the PvE situations are covered.

WvWvW is suicidal if you go melee in zerg vs zerg enagagements, so the rifle covers that well, much better than Engineer rifle, not as good as a Ranger shortbow or Mesmer anything, but still decent.

Good single target damage in both melee and ranged means you can sPvP, no match for a thief or Mesmer, but still viable. Better than a Ranger, Ele or Necro, on par with Guardian.

It just seems all the other classes have some situations where they excel at, and some where they’re totally dead in the water. Warrior is just generally good but not great in all situations.

in Warrior

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Warriors are jacks of all trades but masters of none. Guardian has better dps/survivability, and rangers tank better. Thieves offer better control capabilities, and mesmers and engineers have better support abilities.

The warrior can do all those things at once though, just not all at the same time and never as well as any of the above. Like, if you need DPS but no guardian is around? Warrior. You need a tank but no ranger in the party? Warrior.

Warriors are still the end-all, be-all of sPvP though. Mobile damage and burst capabilities through the roof while having the highest base armor and health. Having a strong KD doesn’t help that much in PvE but it makes a huge difference for PvP.

in Warrior

Posted by: FumikoM.6029

FumikoM.6029

I’m a warrior and I love it. Having both a thief and an elementalist just means a lot of battles takes a bit longer, or that I get downed, and that makes it boring and annoying. Only happen on my warrior when I go up against to many enemies of a certain kind that are more powerful than other enemies in the area (bandits in human 15+ zones for example with their ridiculously high DoT damage). This has made me hold of leveling any other class, it’s just not fun when it get to hard.

Makes me sad because I want to level as an elementalist, but it’s not as fun. I feel to, weak.

in Warrior

Posted by: FumikoM.6029

FumikoM.6029

Warriors are jacks of all trades but masters of none. Guardian has better dps/survivability, and rangers tank better. Thieves offer better control capabilities, and mesmers and engineers have better support abilities.

The warrior can do all those things at once though, just not all at the same time and never as well as any of the above. Like, if you need DPS but no guardian is around? Warrior. You need a tank but no ranger in the party? Warrior.

Warriors are still the end-all, be-all of sPvP though. Mobile damage and burst capabilities through the roof while having the highest base armor and health. Having a strong KD doesn’t help that much in PvE but it makes a huge difference for PvP.

Played as a guardian up to lvl 27, my dps was not higher than my warrior at the same level, nor did I survive better in fights. And when I wanted to down some enemies by long range, well it was a bit silly. Guardians needs some boost to their long range abilities.

in Warrior

Posted by: faytte.1057

faytte.1057

Warriors a jack of all trades but master of none..seems wrong.

They are tied for best melee and competitive for best ranged, have the best signets, some of the best support builds…etc etc.

in Warrior

Posted by: kyokara.1867

kyokara.1867

^but people just love to pigeonhole classes into their little boxes and run around shouting out nifty one-liners to describe the entire class

80 Warrior
2 Mesmer (sPvP only)

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Guardian has better DPS and ranger tanks better? Whaaat?

in Warrior

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guardian greatsword DPS is massive on stationary targets and I’d like to see anything outlast two bears.

in Warrior

Posted by: PanH.1957

PanH.1957

Sure that warrior GS doesn’t do massive dmg on stationary target. Badly, our greatsword is all about cc and defense. Oh wait …..