I'm sorry, but Please Learn to Play.

in Warrior

Posted by: Maketso.5602

Maketso.5602

We still have low damage.
We still have poor sustain (can be easilly kited/killed.)
We are still one of the hardest classes to play.

This is lulzy coming from the highest damage, and one of the highest sustain class. It’s also the class that is widely considered to be ez-mode and faceroll.

You need to leave the Warrior forums and play one, bud. HIGHEST SUSTAIN, LOL? They are on the low-end of sustain, aside from the NEW healing signet. Which is still easy to pass if you burst a warrior, their done because the active heal is absolute garbage. As per damage, alot of classes can out-damage a warrior. Why? because if you want to survive as a warrior you NEED to build tanky, thus loosing damage posiblities BECAUSE WE LACK SUSTAIN. Where is it? Hmmm, a Healing signet which is only useful in a few situations, Adrenal Health which is a crap every 3 second regen? Cant think of many more.

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

This is lulzy coming from the highest damage, and one of the highest sustain class. It’s also the class that is widely considered to be ez-mode and faceroll.

Gaurdians/Rangers/Engineers/Thieves all have higher sustain.

Rangers have higher sustained damage, Guardians have higher Sustained Damage, Thieves have higher burst damage.

Please go back to your own forums.

Since when do thieves have higher sustain? If they’re in stealth they can’t do anything except regen health which is still lower than healing signet PASSIVE…

Warrior is widely regarded to do the most DPS, a lot more than ranger and guardian for sure. As far as burst DPS, warrior wins with hundred blades. Nothing can touch that.

0/0/30/0/0 Shadow Arts is an amazing tree, stealth means you can still be hurt but if you know your class and others you can avoid damage easilly.

Hundred Blades is the easiest attack to avoid in the entire game to any class.

If your dieing to it, AS A THIEF.. then I suggest getting a new pair of hands. The counter to hundred blades is moving out of the way, with a class that has multiple teleports and ways to escape this is easy. I’ve never died to 100b on my thief, even with the prenerf bullsrush+quickness+100b combo, it is SO easy to see it coming.

A guardian has Whirling Wrath, which is a hard to avoid attack unlike hundred blades because you can move and combo with it to pull foes to you, you can also use it to cleanse conditions as well (things that would prevent it from hurting your target.) Whirling Wrath is better in every way because it has MOBILITY.

Stop looking at big numbers, in PVP its mobility that matters.

Not all thieves have 30 in shadow arts though. I know I don’t. And you’re still forgetting that while in stealth thieves don’t do damage. Those that stay in stealth and never come out are just trolling. When they come out to actually do some damage, they got no more sustain!

Now let’s see, skull crack can be used every 7.5 seconds and most thieves only carry 1 stunbreak, 2 at max. Eventually you’ll be stunned then killed. How to dodge when stunned?

Besides it is well know that warrior has the highest mobility nowadays especially with sword/warhorn and greatsword. Literally 3000 range on a fairly short cooldown.

Joking? my thief craps on warrior mobility. Shadow trap. done deal. Withdraw. Done deal. Infiltrator’s/Steal. done. Plus sustain is heavy in SA. refuge when you are low and you basically have a 2nd heal. plus the passive heal benefit from stealthing. not to mention the condi removal gain from stealth is pretty much a must have. if you are losing to warriors as a thief, no way around it bro, you kinda suck.

It’s pretty obvious we use completely different builds bro.

I only have 5 points in shadow arts and don’t use dagger mainhand. It’s great that you counter 1 cheese build with another cheese build, but I prefer to win fair and square.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

You need to leave the Warrior forums and play one, bud. HIGHEST SUSTAIN, LOL? They are on the low-end of sustain, aside from the NEW healing signet. Which is still easy to pass if you burst a warrior, their done because the active heal is absolute garbage. As per damage, alot of classes can out-damage a warrior. Why? because if you want to survive as a warrior you NEED to build tanky, thus loosing damage posiblities BECAUSE WE LACK SUSTAIN. Where is it? Hmmm, a Healing signet which is only useful in a few situations, Adrenal Health which is a crap every 3 second regen? Cant think of many more.

Yeah, protection is still the best skill for defense. With it, you just reduced damage 15K burst to 10K. That is a net gain of 5K. A warrior can do 850ish at most and that is with your heal tied up. The protection guy still has a heal.

in Warrior

Posted by: Maketso.5602

Maketso.5602

So Heizero’s build is not, ‘’fair and square’‘? He uses the tricks given to him by his class, just because you dont simply means your loosing at your own hand. We all know that Thief mobility is stupidly high and ya it gets complained about, not much we can do about it really. If your loosing to a warrior with healing signet, its your lost cause. Running with it is like waiting for a piece of corn to pop. Any burst will blow a hole in the warrior so big his ’’active’’ heal wont move the HP bar enough to run away 5 steps.

in Warrior

Excalibur.9748

So Heizero’s build is not, ‘’fair and square’‘? He uses the tricks given to him by his class, just because you dont simply means your loosing at your own hand. We all know that Thief mobility is stupidly high and ya it gets complained about, not much we can do about it really. If your loosing to a warrior with healing signet, its your lost cause. Running with it is like waiting for a piece of corn to pop. Any burst will blow a hole in the warrior so big his ’’active’’ heal wont move the HP bar enough to run away 5 steps.

It’s the build pretty much every non-thief hates and probably will be nerfed. Yes it is pretty cheap.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

Rangers have higher sustained damage, Guardians have higher Sustained Damage, Thieves have higher burst damage.

Since when do thieves have higher sustain? If they’re in stealth they can’t do anything except regen health which is still lower than healing signet PASSIVE…

Warrior is widely regarded to do the most DPS, a lot more than ranger and guardian for sure. As far as burst DPS, warrior wins with hundred blades. Nothing can touch that.

0/0/30/0/0 Shadow Arts is an amazing tree, stealth means you can still be hurt but if you know your class and others you can avoid damage easilly.

If your dieing to it, AS A THIEF.. then I suggest getting a new pair of hands. The counter to hundred blades is moving out of the way, with a class that has multiple teleports and ways to escape this is easy. I’ve never died to 100b on my thief, even with the prenerf bullsrush+quickness+100b combo, it is SO easy to see it coming.

A guardian has Whirling Wrath, which is a hard to avoid attack unlike hundred blades because you can move and combo with it to pull foes to you, you can also use it to cleanse conditions as well (things that would prevent it from hurting your target.) Whirling Wrath is better in every way because it has MOBILITY.

Not all thieves have 30 in shadow arts though. I know I don’t. And you’re still forgetting that while in stealth thieves don’t do damage. Those that stay in stealth and never come out are just trolling. When they come out to actually do some damage, they got no more sustain!

Now let’s see, skull crack can be used every 7.5 seconds and most thieves only carry 1 stunbreak, 2 at max. Eventually you’ll be stunned then killed. How to dodge when stunned?

Besides it is well know that warrior has the highest mobility nowadays especially with sword/warhorn and greatsword. Literally 3000 range on a fairly short cooldown.

Joking? my thief craps on warrior mobility. Shadow trap. done deal. Withdraw. Done deal. Infiltrator’s/Steal. done. Plus sustain is heavy in SA. refuge when you are low and you basically have a 2nd heal. plus the passive heal benefit from stealthing. not to mention the condi removal gain from stealth is pretty much a must have. if you are losing to warriors as a thief, no way around it bro, you kinda suck.

I only have 5 points in shadow arts and don’t use daggers. It’s great that you counter 1 cheese build with another cheese build, but I prefer to win fair and square.

So in other word, you don’t want to have to change skills, traits, weapons, foods, runes, or sigils based on what you are fighting or what type of fighting you are doing. A thief should automatically win any 1 on 1 fight because they are thieves. If that doesn’t happen, the other class is clearly OP and needs to be nerfed. You do realize the definition of balance is you win 50% and lose 50% of the time.

in Warrior

Excalibur.9748

I only have 5 points in shadow arts and don’t use daggers. It’s great that you counter 1 cheese build with another cheese build, but I prefer to win fair and square.

So in other word, you don’t want to have to change skills, traits, weapons, foods, runes, or sigils based on what you are fighting or what type of fighting you are doing. A thief should automatically win any 1 on 1 fight because they are thieves. If that doesn’t happen, the other class is clearly OP and needs to be nerfed. You do realize the definition of balance is you win 50% and lose 50% of the time.

Well I started eating food yesterday JUST to counter warriors. And why should I change my spec that works well just to counter 1 class/build?

I prefer to adapt and hone my skill vs that particular build instead.

It is true that the thief should win 1v1 vs every other class though, cuz we’re the dueling/roaming profession. And we’re pretty bad in everything else so it’s fair, don’t you think?

All is vain.

in Warrior

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Someone needs to actually define what sustain means to Daecollo and some other people.

- Sustained damage: Warriors got it pretty good with hammer, sword, rifle, axe and possible also other weapons.

- Sustained healing: No profession, excepting maybe the guardian when really going for it, got as much passive healing as a warrior since healing signet got buffed.

- Sustained..umm..mitigation: This is were it gets a bit complicated. Warriors got very high mobility and a lot of CCs that help with mitigating damage in an active way. Some decent blocks/evades with GS, MH mace, OH sword and shield also contribute to this.

Also don’t forget the diverse stances which allow the warrior to get partial immunity for quite a long time. All of this can be achieved while also speccing heavily for damage.

Personally, i think thk warrior already got good sustained damage and amazing sustained healing. Passive damage mitigation is more for the guardian so i’d like to see a slight increase on the active side like the often proposed defensive F2 depending on OH weapon.

/edit: I’m actually leveling a warrior atm (asura ofc) mainly to wear this amazing new helm from the gem store. I could give it to the guardian but it doesn’t really fit the class imho.

(edited by Iavra.8510)

in Warrior

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

This is the forum argument problem 101! Not every build is made to counter every build it is impossible. You can try to build to hand as many situations as your gear, utilities allow but there is no 1 build for any profession that is always the best build for that fight.

Your argument is not every thief has 30 in SA and most thieves carry 1 or 2 stun breakers at most. Lets assume you run D/P then you have blinds to help you. If we assume you have off hand dagger then you need to be in melee right? So then you probably counter how can I get close because I can die after I get skull cracked. Thats like do you run and fight inside a necro’s marks and wells too?

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

At this moment, an Apothecary/Settler warrior with S/S and LB is much scarier than the ones chaining stun.

You know it.

The thing is, it certainly isn’t any worse than some of the gimmicky crap that already exists in this game. So I can thrash a guardian at their own game? Let them cry. Thieves bleed out while they try to hide from me? Good. Oh, and how I love watching mesmers slowly melt away.

It is true that the thief should win 1v1 vs every other class though, cuz we’re the dueling/roaming profession. And we’re pretty bad in everything else so it’s fair, don’t you think?

No.

(edited by Sil.4560)

in Warrior

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

I’m going to go celebrate this thread by killing a ton of people with M/Sh GS…and I wasn’t even using the build anymore until these threads. Now I just want more tears.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in Warrior

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Well I started eating food yesterday JUST to counter warriors. And why should I change my spec that works well just to counter 1 class/build?

the same reason everyone else has to spec to survive a random glass thief 2 shotting them

in Warrior

Posted by: feliscatus.1430

feliscatus.1430

the same reason everyone else has to spec to survive a random glass thief 2 shotting them

Winner winner chicken dinner.

in Warrior

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

I fought a warrior today who told me how amazing his healing sig was and was trying to convince me to use it over my burst heal. He wanted to show it to me, so we did a few 1v1’s. He got a stun off on me and hit for decent damage, I hit one heal and went from 50% to 100%, I got one off on him and did 75% of his health, because my build is pure offense, he got about 6 seconds to regen to around 35%, I hit shield bash on him, 2 hits, down to 25% again, skull crack, 15%, and finished him off with 100b. The healing sig is nice against non burst classes if you can manage to keep the burst off you, the minute you get bursted and they apply pressure on you your done. To suggest nerfing it, without supplying protection in any way to the Warrior is laughable. It’s fine where it’s at.

This really only applies to 1v1s where the burster is another warrior. The strength of the Mace/Shield/GS build isn’t the damage or the heal or the stuns. Its how the stun pressure is backed up by incredible stability. Any 1v1 spec worth its salt is running at least two sources of long stability on sub-kitten cooldowns. The amount of opportunities you get to actually land a burst setup is incredibly, stupendously, absolutely too kitten high compared to the number of burst setups that other classes will get against you when you throw in mobility breaking immobilize and endure pain/shield stance.

Unless, as mentioned, the other guy is a warrior too.

At this moment, an Apothecary/Settler warrior with S/S and LB is much scarier than the ones chaining stun.

You know it.

The thing is, it certainly isn’t any worse than some of the gimmicky crap that already exists in this game. So I can thrash a guardian at their own game? Let them cry. Thieves bleed out while they try to hide from me? Good. Oh, and how I love watching mesmers slowly melt away.

True for now, but only because conditions have been utter trash for so long people stopped bringing on demand condition removal. Its still just as bad against, say, any eles still running the cantrip cleansing build, or any necros still playing boonswap builds.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

(edited by Linnael.1069)

in Warrior

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Its because they got accustomed to warriors beign free kills, and now that they are having more trouble killing them they want to nerf them so they stay in free kills, they were accostumed to not even try to kill a warrior, they just made autoattacks and warrior is dead, and now thay have to play right or they are dead, too much time subestimating warrior and not learning the class is making them to suffer HELL, AND THEY DESERVE IT.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in Warrior

Fenrir.5493

Warriors have low damage?
I suggest go play a ranger then. This thread is more or less a joke!

I admit, I stopped playing my warrior last year. But not because of “low damage” or “low sustain” (and we were a lot worse back then!)
I still like to take out my warri for one or two sPvP matches some time.
Warriors got some awesome updates, amazing condition removal (something rangers can only dream about!), amazing stun abilities and many viable builds comming up since the last patches.
Im not saying that the warrior reached the top of the foodchain, but it is most certainly not the bottom anymore.
A few months ago (as a ranger) I simply sent my pet to get rid of nasty warriors – now I think twice about starting a fight with them at all.

In dungeons, warriors are still No.1 pick and there is nothing more awesome then a zerker warri.

A ranger that can bunker and still high amounts of damage yeah poor rangers…

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in Warrior

Posted by: feliscatus.1430

feliscatus.1430

The amount of opportunities you get to actually land a burst setup is incredibly, stupendously, absolutely too kitten high compared to the number of burst setups that other classes will get against you when you throw in mobility breaking immobilize and endure pain/shield stance.

I disagree.

Shatter Mes can burst just as hard as quickly, from range without having to land a melee attack to set it up. Engi can fully load you with condis inside of a glue shot. Thief can re-open on you many times. 1H strength guards… cmown mang.

Warriors are finally up to par with other classes. They’re just getting kitten on because everyone has been so used to them not being a threat (esp 1v1).

Also, people hate being stunned/feared/not in control of their char while taking damage. So any build for any prof based around those mechanics that is at all popular is likely to receive a lot of flak.

in Warrior

Sil.4560

True for now, but only because conditions have been utter trash for so long people stopped bringing on demand condition removal. Its still just as bad against, say, any eles still running the cantrip cleansing build, or any necros still playing boonswap builds.

I’ve actually fought some eles with the build I’m using and surprisingly, while they can indeed cleanse a lot, I can put out way more pressure than they can. Only problem is that once they start running away it’s pointless to chase, but then that’s almost always been the case with eles. >_>

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

This treads…
All i see is “warrior is OP then nerf them”.
Just use diferent armour runes (Melandru) and trait passive to avoid stuns and take 1 or two stun breakers (just in case the fight takes long) and you can easely kill a warrior with that build.
When i go to PvP i go with the build that alow me to survive longer while being some kind of efective. Other professions should do the same instead of going the cheese they used to play. The meta as changed to conditions spam. I dont go pvp without cleanses but people wants to be efective without change their builds to the new changes…

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

This compared to warriors that can deal extreme amounts of damage all the while regening health at extreme amounts, they’re virtually unstoppable.

Ehrmahgherd we got a baddie thief who probably uses PVT armor and needs to l2p. If you stand in HB. your a scrub.
If you think warriors have the strongest auto attack, look at the axe nerf.
If you view a warrior as unstoppable its called take his punny 3 boons from him and watch him flop around useless.
We have 1 heal on a 30 second CD that heals for approx 45% of our HP. Where is this massive heal very often? Please leave the warrior forum and go back to complaining about how bad thieves are in your little forum.
We have less viable builds then thieves who surprisingly have many, but players are too busy complaining to figure them out.
And guess what, the only reason warriors win for highest dps is because of their team offensive buffs in pve. if a thief had for great justice guess who would be on top?

in Warrior

Posted by: wolfpaq.7354

wolfpaq.7354

I wasn’t sure if you were trolling or serious until this post.

Thanks for the confirmation. Grats on all the attention you’re getting with your troll post.

Healing signet outsustains every class in the game with zero thought or skill. Equip signet on bar, get best sustain in the game by far. No need for specialized traits, runes, sigils, nada.

Not sure what ANet was thinking.

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

Thanks for the confirmation. Grats on all the attention you’re getting with your troll post.

Healing signet outsustains every class in the game with zero thought or skill. Equip signet on bar, get best sustain in the game by far. No need for specialized traits, runes, sigils, nada.

hey lets make the worst heal in the game semi good but still underused?

Cant tell if this was just a troll comment or you were serious.

in Warrior

wolfpaq.7354

semi good

Best HPS in game as a signet passive is “semi good”?

Nice trolling.

in Warrior

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Do you think sustain is only about the hps you have?

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in Warrior

Linnael.1069

The amount of opportunities you get to actually land a burst setup is incredibly, stupendously, absolutely too kitten high compared to the number of burst setups that other classes will get against you when you throw in mobility breaking immobilize and endure pain/shield stance.

I disagree.

Shatter Mes can burst just as hard as quickly, from range without having to land a melee attack to set it up. Engi can fully load you with condis inside of a glue shot. Thief can re-open on you many times. 1H strength guards… cmown mang.

Warriors are finally up to par with other classes. They’re just getting kitten on because everyone has been so used to them not being a threat (esp 1v1).

Also, people hate being stunned/feared/not in control of their char while taking damage. So any build for any prof based around those mechanics that is at all popular is likely to receive a lot of flak.

Its true that these people can burst just as often, but they aren’t burst setups. You’re free to dodge Mesmer shatters as long as you chase him away from his clone spawns. Glue Shot is selectively removed by any mobility skill, one of which will also dodge the rest of his combo and deal a ton of damage in the bargain. 1H guardians have essentially no spammable lockdown to speak of and end up quite a bit squishier if they build comparable burst damage.

The idea is that immobilize setups aren’t worth jack against warriors thanks to immobilize breaking, shield stance, and endure pain. Neither are Stun setups thanks to unmatched stability uptime. This leaves the warrior free to dodge/respond to all of the above even after the setup portion of the burst comes out, whereas the warrior’s own setup is both low cooldown and difficult to respond to offensively, being long hard cc with more hard interrupts backing it up. All this means that against most builds, including those above, you’re going to land more bursts then they are, barring a large skill disparity.

Except thieves. Thieves can go crunk themselves.

in Warrior

wolfpaq.7354

Nope.

in Warrior

Linnael.1069

Nope. Please quote me exactly where I said sustain is only about HPS.

Oh I never said that? Nice strawman, troll.

Neither of you are quite right.

Mathed out from back when I was playing one.

Over 40s, with clerics gear, 0/0/10/30/30 elementalists can achieve above 50k healing in 40s, popping all healing cooldowns on demand.

Over 40s, with any gear they want, x/x/x/x/x warriors can achieve 16k healing in 40s, popping no cooldowns.

Balanced? Not quite, but not the best sustain in the game by a longshot.

in Warrior

wolfpaq.7354

Over 40s, with clerics gear, 0/0/10/30/30 elementalists can achieve above 50k healing in 40s, popping all healing cooldowns on demand.

Over 40s, with any gear they want, x/x/x/x/x warriors can achieve 16k healing in 40s, popping no cooldowns.

Thanks for mathing it out, but I should have been more clear. Best HPS in the game from a healing skill. Easily the highest HPS in the game without using a single skill. With 0 healing power.

I have no problem with elementalists utilizing their combo fields & finishers and water attunement & cleric’s gear to attain high levels of sustain because that requires a certain level of skill to do especially in a high stress environment and they give up a huge chunk of damage potential to achieve that.

Throwing your signet on the bar and then never using it giving 400 hp / second regardless of your healing power and gear and skill is ludicrous.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

hey lets make the worst heal in the game semi good but still underused?

Cant tell if this was just a troll comment or you were serious.

man, he’s right… warrior is the easier class to use with a full signet build simply because get toon of passive bonuses… do you want an exemple?
2x regen (trait + signet)
+180 power (signet)
+180 precision (signet)
+180 toughness (signet)

only with those 3 signets a common noob with a warrior get higher base stat then every other class do with skill

also warrior is the most easy class to play on gw2 and the one which allow you to really kill someone without skill or any capacity (just look at skull cracker build… don’t tell me that you need skill to usa that build!) … if someone here thinkt hat warriors need skill to be used ill suggest them to try an hunter or an engineer… then we can talk about skill…

anyway there are also warriors build which are pretty hard to manage (like the new sword builds) but there are really few of them… the most like to play as noobs only to fast squish people whitout ever think “am i playing seriously or am i pushing random button a killing people?” because the situation is this… until you find a really skilled enemy or a condition build you get an easy win almost all the time.

Also this thopic is useless as its creator starting statements:
1) warrior get the higher gw2 base damage… no comment here
2) warrior get (now) a really good sustain… you need to at least look at skill before pushing them… so you will learn how much DEVS have given him with latest patches.
3) warrior is absolutely the easier class to play in the game: 0 skill, high results.

also the great number of followers in this thread shows how the warrior comunity is formed by people which simply don’t read skill… because it is not necessary to kill someone… at least there are some players who avoided this topic (few skilled warriors) but the most are here to comment and are mocked by other class players for those statements.

Now please stop that useless thread and go home… the show is over…

in Warrior

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

I think you have the wrong forum this is the warrior forum not the thief forum. Said as a lvl 80 thief.

in Warrior

Excalibur.9748

I think you have the wrong forum this is the warrior forum not the thief forum. Said as a lvl 80 thief.

Don’t lie.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

For those suggesting getting the protection boon: Weakness is a much better mechanic for warriors than protection. It not only suites the class, but it cuts their endurance regen by 50%, and gives a 50% chance to talk HALF the damage an attack would normally be (even if said attack was technically a crit, it’ll still do <800.)

To Excalibur.9748 and all the other players saying warrior is OP now because of X or Y utilities / traits / builds: L2P. Y’all have been saying it when people complain about your class, it’s about time you listened to your own snarky advice. Any build for any class is always going to have a counter to it, whether it’s a hard counter (i.e. not having stun breaks vs a stun heavy build) or a soft counter (i.e. heavy condition build vs moderate active condition removal.)

Finally if you’re too lazy or stubborn to try and modify your build to better handle certain builds that are rocking yours, then QQ more noobasaurus.

in Warrior

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

This is what happens when you take people who have had to play for the last year exceptionally better than their opponents just to have a chance in any 1v1 situation in pvp. The margin of error of playing a warrior and actually having success at it versus faceroll classes like phantom mesmers, the necros pre-recent patch, d/p thief, original d/d ele, BM range, or any guard build was so small that if you made any significant mistake versus any of these classes you straight up lost, even if your opponent was just smashing random buttons on his keyboard.

What you are now seeing is warriors who have basically had to learn every other class in the game, and every viable build in the game, and perfect their own performance on different warrior builds get a sustain buff that is at least competitive with some of the other classes in the game. And now they are wrecking your face. Everyone else either quite the class or game a long time ago.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Warrior

Sil.4560

Don’t lie.

No it’s true, the thief forum is actually here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief

in Warrior

Fenrir.5493

Don’t lie.

OMG you make me LOL again.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Don’t lie.

I think he found it

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Thief-is-most-useless-class

LAL

in Warrior

Fenrir.5493

Don’t lie.

I think he found it

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Thief-is-most-useless-class

LAL

OMG this kid really, how much age you bet he has?, i bet 8 years 9 years probably 10

in Warrior

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

What happens if we actually give the warrior traits/stats similar to the ones you gave the ele?

Some people here need to learn the difference between SUSTAIN and MITIGATION they are two different, but related, things.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Thanks for mathing it out, but I should have been more clear. Best HPS in the game from a healing skill. Easily the highest HPS in the game without using a single skill. With 0 healing power.

I have no problem with elementalists utilizing their combo fields & finishers and water attunement & cleric’s gear to attain high levels of sustain because that requires a certain level of skill to do especially in a high stress environment and they give up a huge chunk of damage potential to achieve that.

Throwing your signet on the bar and then never using it giving 400 hp / second regardless of your healing power and gear and skill is ludicrous.

In your opinion, would an all-at-once heal (interruptable) be more balanced than a HOT like signet, given they have the same HPS?

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

400HPs= 12000, in a 30s course. If you can’t deal 12k dmg in 30s, you are either running in white armor or are actually pretty bad. There is nothing wrong with healing signet. A guardian using his heals goes over the 12k every 30seconds. By far even and don’t tell me they are much harder to use than the healing signet, the virtues are instant.

An ele, it ain’t that hard to pull it’s heals off, like 5min of practice? It is harder to place your skullcrack on a target. Eles heal a ton more than a warrior.

A mesmer might not have the heals, but oh boy, the evasion skills and blinks. They shouldn’t even get hit by skullcrack…EVER.

An engineer, even this one can heal more than 12k in 30seconds, he has a lot of healing sources aswel and can stack up regen to rediculous hights. Not to mention all his evades and skills to keep his distance. Good luck as warrior to get close to a good one.

Even rangers start healing tons when they drop low. And they can evade a lot aswel.

A thief, doesn’t even need explenation.

A warrior is actually just fine now, don’t think we need more buffs, just small adjustments. Yea, we are finally in the balanced tier.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

400HPs= 12000, in a 30s course. If you can’t deal 12k dmg in 30s, you are either running in white armor or are actually pretty bad. There is nothing wrong with healing signet. A guardian using his heals goes over the 12k every 30seconds. By far even and don’t tell me they are much harder to use than the healing signet, the virtues are instant.

An ele, it ain’t that hard to pull it’s heals off, like 5min of practice? It is harder to place your skullcrack on a target. Eles heal a ton more than a warrior.

A mesmer might not have the heals, but oh boy, the evasion skills and blinks. They shouldn’t even get hit by skullcrack…EVER.

An engineer, even this one can heal more than 12k in 30seconds, he has a lot of healing sources aswel and can stack up regen to rediculous hights. Not to mention all his evades and skills to keep his distance. Good luck as warrior to get close to a good one.

Even rangers start healing tons when they drop low. And they can evade a lot aswel.

A thief, doesn’t even need explenation.

A warrior is actually just fine now, don’t think we need more buffs, just small adjustments. Yea, we are finally in the balanced tier.

I think you are missing the bigger picture. The stun is too long with too short a CD. It really isn’t more complex than this. There is not strong tell and there are other stuns in the common Mc/SH + GS build to dodge. Its hard to keep direct damage going as there is 2 ranged blocks in the build and closing the gap in most cases equal losing.

I understand what you are trying to say but from a practical stand point you can not apply sustained DPs to that build in most cases and the mobility is high enough to make kiting a job (nigh impossible while damaging) rather than a tactic.

Lets break it down. to what the build really is. Due to WvW food buffs, melandru, and dogged march CC skills that aid in kiting are nigh useless. Due to those same food buffs, melandru, and the buff to healing signet sustained is high enough to negate most condition builds 1v1. Due to the stun being 3.45 seconds long with a cd as low as 7 seconds swap on 5 seconds and 100B being a multi hit channel at 3.5 seconds. It is completely possible that if the target does survive the initial volley to repeat the process in 3.55 seconds (dependent on traits).

This is the definition of OP. I do not care if I play the class or build OP is OP and this is OP.

Skull Crack’s stun should be reduced (For comparisons sake longest duration stun in the game shortest CD among non initiative based skills). Unsuspecting Foe should be moved up a tier (for comparison sake Only +50% or more not at master tier). Healing signet isn’t so much OP as it is OP when applied to this build.

On a personal note you guys are starting to sound like the thief community. If its OP its OP but suck it up and admit it is. Stop trying to be like what you kittened about for months. I thought this community was better but I seem to have been mistaken.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Warrior

Posted by: totalpwnage.6534

totalpwnage.6534

You can can’t nerf the best tank/bunker weaponset because you bad players can’t learn how to counter/stunbreak properly. I play an absolutely full bunker build with 0 damage running mace/shield and sword/warhorn and I rely on that long stun to help reduce damage on me. Nerfing my ability to stay alive just because you can’t learn how to counter a build that wastes one whole weapon set just to use 1 stun is possibly the dumbest idea I have ever heard.

Now go outside and actually practice before raging like a kitten.

Happylittlevegemite of Darkhaven
Quick Load [LOAD]

in Warrior

TheGuy.3568

You can can’t nerf the best tank/bunker weaponset because you bad players can’t learn how to counter/stunbreak properly. I play an absolutely full bunker build with 0 damage running mace/shield and sword/warhorn and I rely on that long stun to help reduce damage on me. Nerfing my ability to stay alive just because you can’t learn how to counter a build that wastes one whole weapon set just to use 1 stun is possibly the dumbest idea I have ever heard.

Stun breaks give you breathing room for a very short while. The only strong counter is stability and most classes have weak access to it. Many people echoed your tone about many nerfs that have already hit the game. “In my build its not OP” fact is this doesn’t matter. The original dancing dagger was not OP in my P/D condition build many months where it hit like a wet noodle but it was nerfed none the less. I could break it down further but the build is clearly OP. Its stun lock build that provides high access to stuns high DPS and strong sustained.

For months many of you have called this and that OP from other classes. Learn to recognize it in your own. The hypocrisy is kittening embarrassment.

Kor The Cold Heart War

in Warrior

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

I think you are missing the bigger picture. The stun is too long with too short a CD. It really isn’t more complex than this. There is not strong tell and there are other stuns in the common Mc/SH + GS build to dodge. Its hard to keep direct damage going as there is 2 ranged blocks in the build and closing the gap in most cases equal losing.

I understand what you are trying to say but from a practical stand point you can not apply sustained DPs to that build in most cases and the mobility is high enough to make kiting a job (nigh impossible while damaging) rather than a tactic.

Lets break it down. to what the build really is. Due to WvW food buffs, melandru, and dogged march CC skills that aid in kiting are nigh useless. Due to those same food buffs, melandru, and the buff to healing signet sustained is high enough to negate most condition builds 1v1. Due to the stun being 3.45 seconds long with a cd as low as 7 seconds swap on 5 seconds and 100B being a multi hit channel at 3.5 seconds. It is completely possible that if the target does survive the initial volley to repeat the process in 3.55 seconds (dependent on traits).

This is the definition of OP. I do not care if I play the class or build OP is OP and this is OP.

Skull Crack’s stun should be reduced (For comparisons sake longest duration stun in the game shortest CD among non initiative based skills). Unsuspecting Foe should be moved up a tier (for comparison sake Only +50% or more not at master tier). Healing signet isn’t so much OP as it is OP when applied to this build.

On a personal note you guys are starting to sound like the thief community. If its OP its OP but suck it up and admit it is. Stop trying to be like what you kittened about for months. I thought this community was better but I seem to have been mistaken.

Regarding WvW you could use + condition duration food. Or you could use food that gives -40% stun duration and wear melandru runes.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in Warrior

totalpwnage.6534

Stun breaks give you breathing room for a very short while. The only strong counter is stability and most classes have weak access to it. Many people echoed your tone about many nerfs that have already hit the game. “In my build its not OP” fact is this doesn’t matter. The original dancing dagger was not OP in my P/D condition build many months where it hit like a wet noodle but it was nerfed none the less. I could break it down further but the build is clearly OP. Its stun lock build that provides high access to stuns high DPS and strong sustained.

For months many of you have called this and that OP from other classes. Learn to recognize it in your own. The hypocrisy is kittening embarrassment.

I have all 8 classes at lvl 80 and have WvW/PvP experience with all since release date. The only things in my play time of GW2 that I have ever called OP is original D/D bunker eles and thief stealth. Now Warriors have an actual chance in PvP with a stun that is on 7 seconds cooldown only if you have 30 in tactics and gain enough adrenaline before 7 seconds is up (pretty kitten kittening hard) + you know you can stun warriors and also use control effects on them too? It’s not like warriors are the only class who can stun people.

Quick Load [LOAD]

in Warrior

TheGuy.3568

Regarding WvW you could use + condition duration food. Or you could use food that gives -40% stun duration and wear melandru runes.

That would be one or the other and doesn’t truly effect the underlying problem of not being able to keep sustained on the warrior. That you suggest makes plenty of sense on my warrior but on another class its effectively gimps their damage to the point they couldn’t kill the warrior and in most cases would not be able to out run them. This would also contribute the the meta that when it comes to WvW the only viable runes are melandru ie there is only one build. Now you boiled your response down to 2 things the same 2 kittening things warrior were told for months as condition ate us and we begged the devs for help. Its not a solution but a patch. I am getting steadily disgusted with the idea that so many warrior that have discussed for months how balancing should go find it impossible to see whats wrong here.

In the long run it sounds like we should all run the same dam build cross class.

I have all 8 classes at lvl 80 and have WvW/PvP experience with all since release date. The only things in my play time of GW2 that I have ever called OP is original D/D bunker eles and thief stealth. Now Warriors have an actual chance in PvP with a stun that is on 7 seconds cooldown only if you have 30 in tactics and gain enough adrenaline before 7 seconds is up (pretty kitten kittening hard) + you know you can stun warriors and also use control effects on them too? It’s not like warriors are the only class who can stun people.

You have all 8 classes at 80? Really? Name one class that can stun as long and as often as warrior with the same access to stability? Name another class that can get the same burst out while running that type of build? If you want some help I can point you in the right direction but I will tell you no one else can get the same results.

BTW stun unlike other cds as it is in every game in mmo history needs to be examined from when the stun ends not begins. Math in my previous post explains the real cd if you are interested or want to actually debate me about class knowledge.

Kor The Cold Heart War

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in Warrior

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

you are avoiding 12k damage every 30 sec without do anything… is it an hard concept to learn?

no one here want to nerf you noob bunker/tank build … you miss the topic… go to page 1 and read again before to post.

do you have 8 chars? you surely need to play more time on you warrior… try out the noob skull cracker build and you get 4sec (5sec if you get rune) stunby pressing 2 buttons… then press the third button and the enemy (without skill) is down… 3 button to kill someone are enough for you? or do you want a skill that stun target for 10sec then attack it for 20k damage?

that’s all… again… and you are showing only your ignorance… sadly.

in Warrior

totalpwnage.6534

@Kjeldoran I read the kittening post you idiot. Re-read my post and it makes perfect sense. It explains how this 3 second stun is not truly as OP as described since everyone is claiming it is OP but only seem to be posting off statistics from a PERFECT SITUATION where the warrior using it has 30 in Tactics + stun sigils + condition duration stacking + berzerker damage + is able to stun you 100% without being interrupted/dodged/blind/block etc. etc. etc. You also are saying that warriors are able to fully regen their whole adrenaline bar in 7 seconds. All these requirements are extremely difficult to meet and if you are dying to a warrior who actually can do this whole list of requirements then you must suck kitten kitten at pvp and you should quit the kittening game.

Quick Load [LOAD]

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

try out the noob skull cracker build and you get 4sec (5sec if you get rune)

Made my day. Also please take a note who crying about this gimmick “op” build

Ya hear that another sigil of para makes it last 6sec, also theres a special etin soup that gives another 4sec stun? 10sec stun on 7.5 cd!

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

no, I think it’s actually 5 seconds with rune of the mesmer..

Skullclamp