I think Arcing slice is too buffed

in Warrior

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

you can move while casting Arcing slice,
idk why it is moveable though.

But if it is moveable,
1. flurry should also be moveable while casting or gain quickness for a short time.
2. Mace elite skill cast time should also be decreased by half.
3. Warhorn skills can be used even though you are in CC like fear or knocked down.
4. Rifle’s killshot allow you to move while casting.

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

(edited by Kitt.2567)

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

yet flurry, skull crack and heck even killshot would be used more in their respective builds.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Did you use, or do you know anyone who used, Arcing Slice before the buff? You know, beyond near the end of a fight when weapon swap was in cooldown or you wanted a little fury? Not me.

I don’t think it’s over buffed, it’s where it should be.

The other ones you’ve mentioned are known dogs, except Flurry when used as a lead-in to 100b or for some other reason you might want a long root (the bleeds are nothing). Skull Crack used to fill this role, until they extended the cast time and increased the telegraph so people could see it coming a mile a way.

I think most of your suggestions for those bursts are fine, especially in light of the recent changes to adrenaline (specifically, lose it all on a miss). That being said,

1. moveable Flurry won’t get you anything except a few short bleeds (immob is applied on the first hit)

3. Warhorn. No real argument for it based on the rest of your post (i.e. no burst). Plus, traited WH is already seriously good in group wvw as is. Maybe not pve, I don’t know.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

It is not even where it should be. In fact, it is somewhat where it was; only used to cleanse a few conditions. Granted, it has become quite decent for that.

Most people don’t realise that Arcing Slice to a <50% foe does ~the same damage as Rush (if that would ever hit anything).

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

It’s still underpowered. The other elites are even more underpowered.

We got nerfed too hard.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Flitzie.6082

Flitzie.6082

Yeah, by now I think its in a good spot myself. PvE it easily hits for 7-8k. WvW I’ve made it go up to 6k so far. The fury is great, actually really needed in my build. Considering that it hits 5 targets, pretty nice.

I just hate the sloppy animation again, the preview was much more awesome.
Imagine the damage it might be able to dish out if it remained 100% bonus damage.
Above 10k for sure.

Most people don’t realise that Arcing Slice to a <50% foe does ~the same damage as Rush (if that would ever hit anything).

Can’t argue with that, but hey, AC actually hits! – So yeah, there is that

You touched the shiny, didn’t you?

in Warrior

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Rush benefits from Slashing Power, Berserkers Power, Forceful Greatsword. Arcing Slice doesn’t benefit from any of those. I’d rather have another Rush.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

As has been mentioned, AC actually hits and it hits up to five people. I pack it and Eviscerate in wvw and I don’t always reach for the Eviscerate. More was promised, but 3-5k against up to five targets, clearing condis, and topping off my fury works for me.

On a related note, I’ve seen people calling for Rush to be fixed (e.g. by making it a leap). While I’d love that, I’m willing to bet Anet would simultaneously make it so it required a target to use due to how many people now want to take away warrior out of combat mobility.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

i’m pretty sure arcing slice interaction with slashing power and forceful greatsword was fixed. berserker power on the other hand it’s broken beyond the scope of just GS burst.

currently i enjoy AS in pve in my phalanx pug-oriented build.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Just saying, I feel the damage is what would make AS really worth it. Currently, it isn’t. Warrior has better AoE options in longbow and hammer, so using it for AoE is a waste too, IMO.

Really the only thing it has going for it is the cleanse. Which is good, don’t get me wrong, but again, longbow does a better job.

Even the fury seems lackluster. Although being nice to have, warriors can already get a lot of fury quite easy. So using my adrenaline to get more does not fit right now.

Don’t get me wrong, it is still better then it used to be. Not hard to accomplish that though.

I was looking forward to the new AS, but I am not using it half as much as I thought I would. The payoff is just not worth spending a full bar.

Actually, because the damage doesn’t scale, I always try to use it when still building adrenaline, as to not waste a full bar on it. Here lies an opportunity to really improve the skill. Just make it do the damage they promised (100% increase below 50% hp) if you have a full bar only. 75% on 2 bars, 50% on 1.

I’d use that regularly.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.