I want to play a banner warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Chris.6497

Chris.6497

What drew me into playing a warrior is the ability to carry and place banners.

I love the concept and play style.

But I am worried that it’s not effective at max lvl, for dungeons and events…ect.

(I’m only lvl 20 right now)

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

Don’t worry much about banner’s etc until you hit 80. I think especially when you’re leveling they are not that great solo (except for the movement speed buff). Later on banner warrior are quite viable as the regen is nice!

Skullclamp

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Don’t worry much about banner’s etc until you hit 80. I think especially when you’re leveling they are not that great solo (except for the movement speed buff). Later on banner warrior are quite viable as the regen is nice!

Except in s/tPvP.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I used this setup in frac40+ and it worked pretty good, Banner healed 144hp/s and my ePower was around 4800 due to 4 perma boons.

You’re lvl 20 tho, it’s a long way to go.

in Warrior

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

In my 4 warrior/1 mes groups (No not COF, just general friends/pve) We all pick 1 banner to run. Banners are OP. If you plan on being alone, I would run at least Banner of Discipline (Crit damage), If you want more, run a Banner of Strength. Elite as warbanner.

Personally, I hate to have to pick up my banner and carry it around every time I leave the area so I go mainly shouts but if a warrior drops a str/disc. banner, you would have to be crazy to complain. This doesnt mean you have to “Spec” banners either. They are great without traits.

in Warrior

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

passive stats from banner are the only kind of support that only a warrior can bring!
a unique boon that will not stack with any other existing boon!(except from the same banners)
no need to put extra trait for it to be good though, just treat it as a bonus skill and go with whatever build you like!
its really valuable in dungeon runs… a must have to boost low dps parties dmg! or making the run quicker.!

in Warrior

Posted by: TheComet.6471

TheComet.6471

I personally run the precision banner for the 10% crit damage along with 3 signets with the precision trait while I’m levelling, giving me a crit rate betweeon 80%-105% depending on where I am and getting the 10% bonus damage :P

Kaineng – Co-Leader of Skrittical Hits
Sybol – Healing Bunker Charr Mesmer (80)
Dresdon Honorclaw – Zerk All-Ranged Charr Warrior | Hawke Fullmoon – Melee Ranger

in Warrior

Posted by: Kaga.7629

Kaga.7629

Banners are great, but a grandmaster of tactics (+1 adept slot) is really required to unlock the awesome. The great thing about regen banner tho is that you can do cleaning warhorn AND regen banners at the same time ( as the traits are compatible).

Pretty much, the deal is this : low level, having multiple layers of regen (up to 4: food(pies) , def15 builtin regen, banner regen, regen signet == 4 ticks of juice… per second) really kills. Regen is still important at higher levels, but nowhere near as powerful as when level limited.

While running multiple banners is possible, personally having only 1 regen banner is usually enough for the group as the regen stacks only in duration, not in power.

—Kaga Konikora (aka ze evil frostkeep defense director)
Beware, for Commander Kaga farms j00, ktrainer!
r.i.p [iLL] Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Theres a reason running regen banners is a bad idea if your in a group. Eles run regen, which is a lower tier and sadly it will override your banner regen rendering it useless. Also guardians run regen, which again, will override your banner regen. Solo, if you need regen on banners, idk what your doing. Just stick with it untraited, or if anything, maybe the recharge time less. If you think regen is the best part about banners, um, re-read the other comments.

It would stack only if its same tier, I dont know many classes with same tier regen as wars.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dante.3754

Dante.3754

Banners provide buffs you simply can’t get from boons like crit damage!. Who doesn’t like crit damage.

Also mass regen stacking.

in Warrior

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

Eles run regen, which is a lower tier and sadly it will override your banner regen rendering it useless. Also guardians run regen, which again, will override your banner regen.
It would stack only if its same tier, I dont know many classes with same tier regen as wars.

I’m sorry but I’m not familiar with these ‘tiers’ of regen. It sounds like you’re saying other Professions’ regen will cancel out our own? Where are you getting this information?

An example from the Official Wiki:
“10 seconds of regeneration are applied to a target from a level 80 player with 1500 Healing Power. 5 seconds later, 10 seconds of regeneration are applied to a target from a level 80 player with 2000 Healing Power. The player will experience 317.5 health per second for the first 5 seconds, then 380 health per second for the next 10 seconds, then 317.5 health per second for the next 5 seconds.”
It sounds like whoever’s outgoing Regen is more powerful gets priority, but duration still stacks overall.

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

in Warrior

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

It’s not viable in low level solo play. Running shouts, and I suppose even signets shiver would be better.

Dungeons is where they really shine, applying the boost to 5 players with possible regen. The regeneration from banners doesn’t stack intensity, but just from one banner the duration quickly builds up and when traited for banner CD reduction you have near constant banner. Running anymore than one is wasteful and I faceplant the keyboard when I see one warrior drop 3/4. The only stat boosts worth having is banner of discipline, the rest are so minuscule you won’t even notice the difference (yes even Warbanner, one singular stack of might is nothing.) Even when you get the chance pick it up and cast #2 and #3, not all classes are so fortunate to have such easy access to fury.

For PvP I can’t say they’re particularly useful, bunkering down and holding an area is much more successful with other professions, a warrior would do better with physical skills to annihilate enemies instead.

And lastly WvW, one should be all you need to keep a group with swiftness, to fill the gap from their own swiftness skills, and in these situations, regen is an absolute must.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

It’s not viable in low level solo play. Running shouts, and I suppose even signets shiver would be better.

Dungeons is where they really shine, applying the boost to 5 players with possible regen. The regeneration from banners doesn’t stack intensity, but just from one banner the duration quickly builds up and when traited for banner CD reduction you have near constant banner. Running anymore than one is wasteful and I faceplant the keyboard when I see one warrior drop 3/4. The only stat boosts worth having is banner of discipline, the rest are so minuscule you won’t even notice the difference (yes even Warbanner, one singular stack of might is nothing.) Even when you get the chance pick it up and cast #2 and #3, not all classes are so fortunate to have such easy access to fury.

For PvP I can’t say they’re particularly useful, bunkering down and holding an area is much more successful with other professions, a warrior would do better with physical skills to annihilate enemies instead.

And lastly WvW, one should be all you need to keep a group with swiftness, to fill the gap from their own swiftness skills, and in these situations, regen is an absolute must.

Which dungeons do you mean?
I know that for Fractals, regardless of level, they are practically useless.
It’s much better for the warrior to get a little beef for himself to survive and dish out some serious DPS.

Now, if you don’t role with a Guardian.. I can see a little use..

in Warrior

Posted by: Yuno.2061

Yuno.2061

It’s much better for the warrior to get a little beef for himself to survive and dish out some serious DPS.

Can you expand on this?

Yesterday, I was with my Guildie in FoTM level 20.
It was 2 War 2 Gurd 1 Ele. It was fun, we got wiped a couple times but.

Anyway, since all of my guildie was DPS oriented, I thought it would be nice to have one supportish guy.

Therefore, I was thinking of getting full Cleric’s with Soldiers rune, Warhorn and IBS traits to keep people up and running.

But seems that’ll make me useless? I thought Regeneration here and there plus the Warhorn converting seemed nice.

Or are you simply saying, if all of my guildie was good at dodging/etc you don’t need those support, thus making pure DPS much useful?

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Can you expand on this?

Anyway, since all of my guildie was DPS oriented, I thought it would be nice to have one supportish guy.

Therefore, I was thinking of getting full Cleric’s with Soldiers rune, Warhorn and IBS traits to keep people up and running.

But seems that’ll make me useless? I thought Regeneration here and there plus the Warhorn converting seemed nice.

Or are you simply saying, if all of my guildie was good at dodging/etc you don’t need those support, thus making pure DPS much useful?

If you have two guardians, one of them should honestly be supporting. Pure DPS is great and all, but I honestly believe that 1 full-support Guardian is a necessity regardless of the level you are doing.

The party needs the warrior to do DPS. It’s what the warrior does best and you should stick with it. Your main goal as a warrior should be to get just enough armor to survive (whatever that may be for you) and then focus rest on DPS. You can go full support, but that will slow you down so much… and with every passing level, the heals become worse. That and other classes just do it better w/o sacrificing as much.

Here is the build that I am running, why not try it out?
I originally picked up shield for the Legendary Skin… but I ended up loving #5. I find that the few seconds of tanking hits with it far outweighs any healing as you probably block 15k+ damage easily.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.3|7.1g.h2.e.1g.h1|3.1g.h1|1n.a7.1n.a7.1n.a7.1g.a7.1n.a7.1n.a7|2s.d13.2s.d13.3s.d19.3s.d19.2s.d13.2s.d13|a5.p56.k29.0.f5|55.7|5y.69.6b.6i.6m|e

Maintains 5.7k effective power, 35~40% damage reduction, and tons of invulnerability.
Adrenal Health is actually a very useful benefit on the side.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yuno.2061

Yuno.2061

If you have two guardians, one of them should honestly be supporting. Pure DPS is great and all, but I honestly believe that 1 full-support Guardian is a necessity regardless of the level you are doing.

The party needs the warrior to do DPS. It’s what the warrior does best and you should stick with it. Your main goal as a warrior should be to get just enough armor to survive (whatever that may be for you) and then focus rest on DPS. You can go full support, but that will slow you down so much… and with every passing level, the heals become worse. That and other classes just do it better w/o sacrificing as much.

I originally picked up shield for the Legendary Skin… but I ended up loving #5. I find that the few seconds of tanking hits with it far outweighs any healing as you probably block 15k+ damage easily.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.3|7.1g.h2.e.1g.h1|3.1g.h1|1n.a7.1n.a7.1n.a7.1g.a7.1n.a7.1n.a7|2s.d13.2s.d13.3s.d19.3s.d19.2s.d13.2s.d13|a5.p56.k29.0.f5|55.7|5y.69.6b.6i.6m|e

Maintains 5.7k effective power, 35~40% damage reduction, and tons of invulnerability.

Thank you very much for your detailed reply, I really appreciate it.
It dose seems silly to go Supportive as a Warrior, I’ll take your advice and stick with DPS.

It was surprising that difference between my build and the build you posted was 5pt more in Arms for the Furious rather than 5pts in Discipline for Fast Hands, it was also shocking that you are using Orbs and not Runes which I did not see it coming.

I never really thought about it, but might as well give it a try! thanks again mate.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Thank you very much for your detailed reply, I really appreciate it.
It dose seems silly to go Supportive as a Warrior, I’ll take your advice and stick with it.

It was surprising that difference between my build and the build you posted was 5pt more in Arms for the Furious rather than 5pts in Discipline for Fast Hands, it was also shocking that you are using Orbs and not Runes which I did not see it coming.

I never really thought about it, but might as well give it a try! thanks again mate.

Anytime
Fast hands is amazing and it increases your DPS and offensive support so much.
When fighting mobs (which is all the time in Fractals) I’ll go through a chain of rolls and axe attacks and switch into Longbow. #3 and Burst = Massive AoE, Area Might, Combo Field, and Burning. Switch back to Axe right after (thanks to fast hands) and you’ll have full adrenaline in a few swings since you’re in the mob.

Pop #5 shield or Endure Pain if things get sticky and you’re out of dodges.

Yea, Ruby orbs are dirt cheap in comparison to what they do for you.
Nothing realistically boosts your DPS as much as Ruby Orbs.
If you feel like wasting money, you could always get Divinity Runes. Just as good overall but ridiculously expensive.

Well, good night!
Hit me up with a PM if you need anything else!

in Warrior

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

That is correct, with a properly built team to do the healing and effectively keep you alive, no, not it is not necessary. I PuG a lot and to rely on the more healer based classes to keep me alive is simply unacceptable. I would gladly trade a minor DPS boost for constant regen (to the whole party too.) It balances needing to use my main heal (healing surge) otherwise those little bug bites add up, requiring me to heal, then when I take a big hit, I’ve pretty much got to retreat.
Bracing for “just don’t get hit” comments, I ain’t perfect.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Warrior

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

No mention of the awesome 1 skill that all banners have???!

They call it stab but it’s really sweep. If you happen to be a girl gamer like myself nothing would let you feel more at home than equipping a banner and doing a lil light housekeeping around Tyria. Things like the kitchen and the castle do get dirty if you don’t stay on top of things.

When I get home from my second job and after I make my man a sandwich I jump on the pooter start up Guild Wars 2 equip my banner and get to sweeping the streets of Tyria. A woman’s work is never done!

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Can you expand on this?

Would like to point out that your trait line would be more rewarding if you want x/Shield + Axe/Mace. That trait line seemed like a noob trap but it actually looks plausible.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?