I wish they would nerf my Warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

I’ll take 50% less damage on HB in exchange for removing the root effect. It does not fit the theme of the GS and clearly does way to much damage, you notice this when you lvl other classes.

Worthless in PvP and way over the top in PvE.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I agree, they need to really nerf the Warrior’s damage so we can have /PROPER/ sustain and movement and be a lot more mobile.

99999 damage is useless when it misses.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

This wouldnt fix anything. Definatly NOT seconded. OP is looking to further break the warrior, clearly another class in disguise posting on warrior forums having never played one

in Warrior

PearlGore.7419

This wouldnt fix anything. Definatly NOT seconded. OP is looking to further break the warrior, clearly another class in disguise posting on warrior forums having never played one

Yeah okay kiddo. Only the insane think HB is okay the way it is. And no class fears HB lol. Why in gods name would I come in here to get it nerfed based on that?

It’s useless in PvP, and broken in PvE. And you know it.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Yeah okay kiddo. Only the insane think HB is okay the way it is. And no class fears HB lol. Why in gods name would I come in here to get it nerfed based on that?

It’s useless in PvP, and broken in PvE. And you know it.

Its useless for some of the hardest PvE, guild bounties and some fractals.

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

50% less damage would still put it in the same damage range as Volley. Which is quite something.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

50% less damage would still put it in the same damage range as Volley. Which is quite something.

I was thinking more of a 50% damage nerf. However…

Half the channel time it has now.
Able to be FULLY mobile while using it.

in Warrior

PearlGore.7419

I was thinking more of a 50% damage nerf. However…

Half the channel time it has now.
Able to be FULLY mobile while using it.

See something like that is exactly what it needs, GS would feel so much better like that. People can still dodge/cc/etc as well so it’s not realy OP or anything.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tyrion.4259

Tyrion.4259

That’s some smart thinking. This expands the greatsword into being useful in PvP.

I am new so I’m not going to comment further but really just a question. Do people with greatswords have an alternate weapon with a shield and stun first then switch? Or use hammer then stun then switch? Is that not effective? I know, newb question.

in Warrior

Posted by: Trevos.6473

Trevos.6473

I just don’t get it why do you want to nerf it’s dmg. That would be same long channeled skill even if you can use it while moving so everyone will just kite you to death like now… But shorten it’s cast time while uping its per hit dmg whould be nice change.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

There are many war abilities that can be combo’d with 100b, and even more so when playing with other classes.

I think it’s a well designed ability and weapon.

in Warrior

Posted by: Trevos.6473

Trevos.6473

There are many war abilities that can be combo’d with 100b, and even more so when playing with other classes.

I think it’s a well designed ability and weapon.

You just not playing warrior as i see. Thats not well designed if you NEED to use utility skill to land it’s only high dmg skill. Actually you need 2 utility skill bulls charge and frenzy, but since they nerfed frenzy and done nothing with warrior it’s even worse now.

in Warrior

Posted by: Reo.9470

Reo.9470

I entirely agree with the OP.

Please unroot my warrior ! And not just for HB, but for all melee weapons.

Melee fight means mobility, not standing in place hitting thin air while waiting to be bashed.

“setting up HB” argument is just meh. It would make sense in GW1 but not in GW2 where everyone is supposed to be self sufficient.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Mace, hammer, BC, and most importantly longbow are all valid ways to self-set up 100b. The first 3 don’t have the duration to get a full 100b, but it’s still a large damage hit that can be done semi-frequently.

Now I’m not saying warrior is pvp balanced, I’m just saying I like the design. I wish more classes were designed with a similar mentality.

In any case, if you unroot and nerf 100b, it becomes just a vanilla dps ability to be used on CD in melee range. That makes it sounds extremely uninteresting to me, and frankly more of a step towards facerollishness. I think there’s a lot of other ways to buff warrior, and buff other weapons at the same time, that should be looked at first.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

50% is huge. No thank you to that. Unrooting it seems like a good idea though.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

The day I fall to a Greatsword wielding Warrior is the day I give up on ever becoming remotely good at the game and commence uninstalling. Get it through your thick skulls people, just DROP the Greatsword, leave it in PvE where it belongs, write it love letters every now and then so it doesn’t feel abandoned.

Lemme tell you something, Axe auto attack will beat Hundred Blades every time, the damage difference really isn’t all that significant considering you will never land a full HB and the GS auto attack damage is pathetic.

You all bring shame to an already disgraceful class, I’ll see you out there for some Glory farming.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Warrior

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

axe auto-attack chain is more powerful than a half strength hundred blades and doesn’t root

in Warrior

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

50% hundredblades that unrooted will be like… GS auto attack with less dmg..
no.. just no!

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Ill never get the set up hb mentality..Its was makes sense with quickness before nerf, but now? Hb is slighty stronger than auto attack, and thats bc we builds might faster with hb than auto attack for the last extra hit.

Stuns, immo and so on are here to prevent ur target from moving and dish damage in them, if u do that with hb or reg hits its hardly makes any diff.

in Warrior

Posted by: Colton Bole.7015

Colton Bole.7015

If Hundred Blades gets changed to be used while moving, I’ll come back to playing my warrior immediately. I don’t care if the damage gets nerfed as a cost to do so – I love the greatsword moveset for warrior to death, and I hate how it’s just a sad joke in PVP these days.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

The day I fall to a Greatsword wielding Warrior is the day I give up on ever becoming remotely good at the game and commence uninstalling. Get it through your thick skulls people, just DROP the Greatsword, leave it in PvE where it belongs, write it love letters every now and then so it doesn’t feel abandoned.

Lemme tell you something, Axe auto attack will beat Hundred Blades every time, the damage difference really isn’t all that significant considering you will never land a full HB and the GS auto attack damage is pathetic.

You all bring shame to an already disgraceful class, I’ll see you out there for some Glory farming.

I find it excellent in WvW. But then I like using its mobility to not die horribly like the people around me. I assume you’re mostly talking about the mess that is sPvP though.

in Warrior

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

If you practice warrior enough HB is fine in spvp, you’re just not using it right. Might put up some vids next week so you can see when to use it. If you want to do flat damage while moving then spam 1h axe.

…a 50% damage reduction would make the skill useless!

Phaatonn, London UK

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

I’d take the swap of Arcing Slice to the ‘2’ ability (with an additional of a leap finisher) and Hundred Blades as the F1 burst ability any day.

FYI – A 50% damage reduction to Hundred Blades would make it do less damage than the GS autoattack.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zee.1294

Zee.1294

Totally agreed with OP..

I take Nerf 100 bl end be mobile any day. To what ex stand Nerf… i live that to the Defs

OFT: Gah wish wars can use Spear on water end land… meh wishful thinking….

Viggen ( SF ) warrior – JQ
Want some…..come get some !