Idea to replace 3% damage in disc traitline

in Warrior

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

We can all agree 3% damage bonus for F1 burst abilities is well, totally crap.

A lot of the changes so far revolve around either putting it back to 30% like it was in beta or making it some sort of cooldown reduction like ele attunements.

However, the warrior’s main weakness in s/tPVP has been condi removal and also fighting bunkers with easy access to boons.

What if both could be fixed with one change to this traitline.

At max, the discipline tree gives:
- 30% chance to shatter all boons on target and remove all conditions on self with burst ability

This would make adrenaline building and cooldown reduction of F1 ability both valuable, and make spending adrenaline much more attractive – all without making the warrior too guardian-like with regen and prot.

It would also make F1 an actual mechanic beyond just damage, and would apply evenly across all weapon types.

(edited by xiv.7136)

in Warrior

Posted by: Monki.5012

Monki.5012

I say they should change it to 1,5 per point “Increased Brust effect”

Depending on the weapon your are yousing in mainhand with 30 points this will change to:

Sword/Longbow: 15% longer bleeding/burning duration
Axe/Rifle: 15% increased critchance
Hammer/Mace: 15% increased stunduration
Greatsword: 15% increased fury duration

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I like your idea Monki.

Sword/Longbow: 15% longer bleed/burning.
Axe/Rifle: 15% more Critical Damage
I think Hammer and Mace would have to be 50% for an increase.
Greatsword: 15% more damage

Edit: Or just make them all do .5% more damage per point

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

I prefer to see the damage bonus changed into a 3%/6%/9% in PvP and 25%/50%/75% in PvE.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

How about… 5 to all stats per point.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

xiv.7136

I say they should change it to 1,5 per point “Increased Brust effect”

Depending on the weapon your are yousing in mainhand with 30 points this will change to:

Sword/Longbow: 15% longer bleeding/burning duration
Axe/Rifle: 15% increased critchance
Hammer/Mace: 15% increased stunduration
Greatsword: 15% increased fury duration

These would do absolutely nothing to increase warrior s/tPVP viability.

This isn’t about PVE.

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

Shatter all boons… I see the guardians crying foul already

in Warrior

xiv.7136

If that were to occur, then this change would be deemed a success ;D

It’s still just a 30% chance, which is definitely not OP.

If anything, it could be worth putting it even higher, like 50% chance.

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

If that were to occur, then this change would be deemed a success ;D

It’s still just a 30% chance, which is definitely not OP.

If anything, it could be worth putting it even higher, like 50% chance.

So this would make Guardians and Warriors best at PVE…
then warriors worst for PvP…. except against Guardians…?
Hmm…. I kinda like that idea lol

in Warrior

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

I’d like to see an decrease in the cooldown of burst skills be the trait line and have additional damage be traitable for the grand master trait.

I can’t tell you the amount of times that I have Earthshaker back up at full adrenaline only to have to wait 4-5 more seconds.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

in Warrior

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Great idea, xiv. It’ld actually make a world of a diffirence.

Sadly, the only thing we’re getting in forseeable future are banner changes -.-

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I like the ‘shatter boon’ idea in general. Perhaps all burst skills could have a chance to shatter a (1) boon and the Discipline line increases that further as well as improves the shatter damage.

‘Shatter boon’ as a mechanic, would just be ‘remove boon + do extra damage’.

Shattering all boons is kind of OP, but if it was only one, that’s seem fair. Just make the extra damage moderately impressive. And the more boons a target has the higher the chance since it could check all boons on a target until either all boons have been rolled to shatter or you successfully shatter 1 boon.

in Warrior

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

The trait that it would be replacing is based solely off of the profession’s unique resource/ability. Mesmers get shatters, Eles get attunements, Warriors get Adrenaline and Burst skills. If you want boon/condition swaps/removal, use a sigil of nullification, generosity, purity. It would make no sense to the warrior to remove boons, that’s what mesmers and necros are good at.

They have to either buff the damage that it does or change the trait line to be cooldowns instead of damage and have the damage be a grand master trait.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

It would make no sense to the warrior to remove boons, that’s what mesmers and necros are good at.

They have to either buff the damage that it does or change the trait line to be cooldowns instead of damage and have the damage be a grand master trait.

Understood. That’s why I suggested an alternate ‘boon shatter’ idea. You’re right that Warriors aren’t about boon removal, but they tend to also be ‘non-boon dependant’ too. That is, if you want a close ranged fighter with boons, that’s your Guardian but Thief and Warrior tend to just duke it out (Thief probably being better with conditions).

It’d be like the inverse of Guardian, who uses boons to survive/support, Warrior’s use boons to deal death. ‘Boon shatter’ in my iteration, wouldn’t be about removing boons but about doing more damage to a boon-laden foe to swing the fight to your advantage.

But yeah, I don’t think boon removal is Warrior’s style. Boon shatter (in my iteration) sounds a bit closer, IMO. Just spit balling ideas, really…

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

A lot of the changes so far revolve around either putting it back to 30% like it was in beta or making it some sort of cooldown reduction like ele attunements.

However, the warrior’s main weakness in s/tPVP has been condi removal and also fighting bunkers with easy access to boons.

- 30% chance to shatter all boons on target and remove all conditions on self with burst ability

This would make adrenaline building and cooldown reduction of F1 ability both valuable, and make spending adrenaline much more attractive – all without making the warrior too guardian-like with regen and prot.

It would also make F1 an actual mechanic beyond just damage, and would apply evenly across all weapon types.

Holy RNG batman, that’s a terrible idea. That’s basically like, “Hmm, so if I heal I have a 50% chance to heal and a 50% to gain nothing.”

Sure, it’s better than 3% damage, but it promotes an absolutely terrible gameplay system. There’s a reason games are starting to shy away from things like dodge chance, etc. It’s an old and out dated relic of the past that was only necessary due to the limitations at the time. GW2 already has enough of this as is, this is simply a gamebreaking change you’re suggesting.

For rule of thumb, the chance for something to occur scales with the impact of this something. 100% chance to stun a target for 2s on hit? Great! 1% chance to heal for 100 on hit? Great! 1% chance to stun for 2s on hit? No. Additionally, it’s bad competitive design to make something RNG based when it doesn’t have to be. Let’s take 15% bleed duration. You can make that 100% chance for bleeds to have +15% duration, or 15% chance for bleeds to have +100% duration. One of them can cause you to win a game because of a dice roll.

Want to know a simpler solution to the issue?

Mobile Strikes
Movement skills cure immobilize, cripple, and chill.

or

Reckless Dodge
Damage foes at the end of a dodge roll and cure chill or cripple.

Reckless Dodge might be slightly overpowered, and Mobile Strikes makes 20 discipline a requirement. Pick your poison.

Boon striping is not an issue that prevents warriors from being viable, by the way. Warriors are simply vulnerable to conditions, lack defensive capabilities relative to other roamers, and are countered by chill and cripple. Damage wise they’re gimmicky but overall fine.

Burst skills in general need some sort of rework, especially on the greatsword. The adrenaline system is virtually pointless and boring. However 30% total boon strip and condi removal is not an answer.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

in Warrior

Posted by: Tempest Darqmane.4862

Tempest Darqmane.4862

I had an idea like this a long time ago.

It was basically an F2 skill equivalent to a 3rd weapon swap on its own cooldown. The burst damage bonus from the Discipline tree would be replaced with a recast time reduction.

in Warrior

xiv.7136

Holy RNG batman, that’s a terrible idea. That’s basically like, “Hmm, so if I heal I have a 50% chance to heal and a 50% to gain nothing.”

Sure, it’s better than 3% damage, but it promotes an absolutely terrible gameplay system. There’s a reason games are starting to shy away from things like dodge chance, etc. It’s an old and out dated relic of the past that was only necessary due to the limitations at the time. GW2 already has enough of this as is, this is simply a gamebreaking change you’re suggesting.

For rule of thumb, the chance for something to occur scales with the impact of this something. 100% chance to stun a target for 2s on hit? Great! 1% chance to heal for 100 on hit? Great! 1% chance to stun for 2s on hit? No. Additionally, it’s bad competitive design to make something RNG based when it doesn’t have to be. Let’s take 15% bleed duration. You can make that 100% chance for bleeds to have +15% duration, or 15% chance for bleeds to have +100% duration. One of them can cause you to win a game because of a dice roll.

Mobile Strikes

or

Reckless Dodge

Reckless Dodge might be slightly overpowered, and Mobile Strikes makes 20 discipline a requirement. Pick your poison.

Boon striping is not an issue that prevents warriors from being viable, by the way. Warriors are simply vulnerable to conditions, lack defensive capabilities relative to other roamers, and are countered by chill and cripple. Damage wise they’re gimmicky but overall fine.

Burst skills in general need some sort of rework, especially on the greatsword. The adrenaline system is virtually pointless and boring. However 30% total boon strip and condi removal is not an answer.

I sort of agree with you on this.

However, I’d say make it

Mobile Strikes
Movement skills and whirl finishers cure immobilize, cripple, and chill.

The thing is, that still doesn’t solve the 3% damage issue in that traitline. There has to be some way of making that less ridiculously broken and unfinished.

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Mobile Strikes

or

Reckless Dodge

I sort of agree with you on this.

However, I’d say make it

Mobile Strikes
Movement skills and whirl finishers cure immobilize, cripple, and chill.

The thing is, that still doesn’t solve the 3% damage issue in that traitline. There has to be some way of making that less ridiculously broken and unfinished.

I have no problem with whirl finishers, it would make the offhand axe much more viable, and if they ever fixed the hammer knockback that too.

As for Discipline, four solutions: 30% damage increase, 30% less adrenaline, 30% cooldown reduction, or add a secondary effect that increases for more discipline points invested. Lets say for the Longbow Combustive Shot, it deals burning and direct damage in a 1200 range for 4/6/8 seconds currently. Ok, on top of that, lets add a cripple component that happens every tick. For 0 Discipline, it’s 0 seconds. For 30, it’s 3 seconds. It ticks something like 8 times and once a second for reference.

For mace, add something like a protection boon, for hammer maybe add weakness and vulnerability, rifle can have a knockdown or cripple, eviscerate could even have increased range, stuff like that. Greatsword is too far gone IMO, though. I legitimately think that making arcing slice the 2 ability and 100B the adrenaline ability would be a great change. They could get away with allowing 100B to be used on the move as well (albeit at maybe 60% movement speed at 3 adrenaline).

(edited by Larynx.2453)

in Warrior

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

I’d rather it just give 30% damage reduction overall when maxed so we’d be a bit harder to kill like we were supposed to be. Or a 30% chance that everything is a glancing blow regardless of if it was a critical or not.

Alright, maybe a bit powerful but you get my idea. We need something to deal with sustain.

I’ve always liked the idea of giving us a boon so we would have a unique mechanic. The boon would make any passive healing much more effective for some time or give us a special adrenal heal type thing that scales with burst damage we receive.

We get bursted -> we heal faster/regain a percent over time.

It would help us deal with burst damage at least a bit. Reminds me of wolverine.

More damage in -> more health taken back.

Alternatively it could stack according to some formula using damage we receive and reduce damage past that point instead of healing it.

Most people ignore the majority of the adrenaline moves anyway.. Only a few of them are useful like axe/rifle/hammer. All classes have some sort of unique mechanic. We hardly use ours and our trait system for it was completely obliterated over several patch. I think its safe to say that it can be sacked in favor of something more useful.

I guess anything that makes it so we die slower from stuff that would gank us but at roughly the same rate from things that chip away slowly.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

(edited by Sahfur.5612)

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

How about… 5 to all stats per point.

That would work.

Its better than nothing without being too powerful.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

I’d rather it just give 30% damage reduction overall when maxed so we’d be a bit harder to kill like we were supposed to be. Or a 30% chance that everything is a glancing blow regardless of if it was a critical or not.

What about -30% Condition Duration on self?

in Warrior

Posted by: Phira.3970

Phira.3970

How about take off cooldown on f1 completely and making burst tree so that burst skills use less adrenaline. At 30 invested points, we can Axe f1 3x in a row. OPness.

in Warrior

xiv.7136

What about -30% Condition Duration on self?

ooh

That’s actually a pretty good idea = -30% condition duration, -60% chill/cripple duration?

So simple, and could fix a lot

in Warrior

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

I’d love the condition duration dealie! I’d love the cripple/chill duration even more because it could make us way more competitive.

Our description says we are supposed to “soldier through” conditions and absorb damage though.. so I am not sure ANet would buy it. >.<

Even if we currently don’t really “soldier through” conditions and have to use just as many condition removals as other classes, haha.

They really just need to look at their class descriptions and take steps to make them true.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

in Warrior

Posted by: TheWalkingDead.7298

TheWalkingDead.7298

Even if it was 30% it would still suck. I doubt we would start seeing builds that revolve around the terrifying arcing slice.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I have an idea…

Problem:
Nobody use adrenaline because they lose 12%dmg 9%crit from full adren which leads to a major DPS loss.

Solution:
We make Brawn give an Enraged buff to the Warrior for 5s after hitting with a burst skill that gives 10% dmg 10% crit rate bonus.
In those 5 seconds you refill adrenaline so you reactivate your traits and there you go, no DPS loss.

in Warrior

xiv.7136

Weirdly from the SOTG it looks like they might do boon-shattering as a new thing for warriors.

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

Weirdly from the SOTG it looks like they might do boon-shattering as a new thing for warriors.

Sadly, by the way it was described, it will simply be a passive damage bonus per boon on a target. Maybe I misinterpreted the video and/or misunderstood the concept. A passive buff to damage per boon is just another boring and non-strategic band-aid, IMO.

in Warrior

xiv.7136

Sadly, by the way it was described, it will simply be a passive damage bonus per boon on a target. Maybe I misinterpreted the video and/or misunderstood the concept. A passive buff to damage per boon is just another boring and non-strategic band-aid, IMO.

Possibly, though if they tied it into the trait line for F1 burst, they could make something more interesting out of it.

I mean that 3% damage with 30 trait points just looks like a bug for anyone who realises what it means.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ackfu.8407

Ackfu.8407

I think it would be cool to have a trait that makes burst ability’s strip boons, maybe have it so each level of adrenalin strips a boon.

in Warrior

Posted by: Argis.7049

Argis.7049

What about bringing back the “Deep Wound” condition from GW1? For anyone who doesn’t know, deep wound was a condition in GW1 that lowered the victim’s total health by 20%. It could be made so that burst skills applied a deep wound on the struck target for 5 seconds, lowering their maximum health by 1% per point in Discipline meaning at 30 points it would be 30%. This would add a good deal of utility to the Warrior’s burst skill and the Warrior profession in groups as a “finisher.” It would also require effective timing to make good use of. I’m not saying this is the best idea, just brainstorming…thoughts?

Myrmidon Elite [ME] – Arkham [Ark] – Maguuma
PvP/WvW videos – http://www.youtube.com/user/noscopeentertainment/videos

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Bah, I gave up with this.

We’ve been requesting the un-nerf of Brawn for 6 months now, they keep adding stuff that has nothing to do with it and isn’t even needed.
Arena Net seems to think that ignore an issue and buff something that has no issues is the way to go.

in Warrior

xiv.7136

What about bringing back the “Deep Wound” condition from GW1? For anyone who doesn’t know, deep wound was a condition in GW1 that lowered the victim’s total health by 20%. It could be made so that burst skills applied a deep wound on the struck target for 5 seconds, lowering their maximum health by 1% per point in Discipline meaning at 30 points it would be 30%. This would add a good deal of utility to the Warrior’s burst skill and the Warrior profession in groups as a “finisher.” It would also require effective timing to make good use of. I’m not saying this is the best idea, just brainstorming…thoughts?

I like this idea also.

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Another idea I had.

Reduce weapon skill cooldown by 3>6>10% or 4>8>12% and call it Disciplined Training

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

I’d like to see an decrease in the cooldown of burst skills be the trait line and have additional damage be traitable for the grand master trait.

I can’t tell you the amount of times that I have Earthshaker back up at full adrenaline only to have to wait 4-5 more seconds.

This is the post that makes most sense to me in this thread.

Look at other classes:
Thief – Steal cd reduction
Ele – Attunement swap cd reduction
Mesmer – Shatter cd reduction
Guardian – Virtue CD reduction
Engineer – Toolbelt CD reduction

There are 3 classes that don’t have it, Warrior/Necro/Ranger, Ranger’s don’t really have a CD to reduce and Necro increases their pool instead of reduce their CD. Further, all of them are 1% but the warriors.

It would mean the replacement of Quick Bursts trait, which is where other useful things can be tied in. IF there was to be a boon strip on burst trait, thats the only place I see it making any sense to fit in also.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal