If FHs becomes BL, would you still take Disc?

in Warrior

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

If the balance team ever decides to make Fast Hands baseline, would you still take Disc? I would. I mean, I think some of the traits in Disc are just too good to give up.
For example Versatile Rage, now with Berserker, Burst skills are 10 adrenaline. I often depend on that 5 adrenaline on swap to get off say a Gun Flame, Decapitate, or Arc Divider that instant when I need it to secure a down(s).
Warrior’s Sprint, is just overall a fantastic trait for mobility/survivability. I don’t think I could ever make a build without unless somehow I have permanent swiftness.
DotE, is a good flat damage boost trait, now especially when a lot of boons are going around. Brawler’s Recovery, great condition removal trait for what we have.
Heightened Focus, I love this trait, great for bursting people down and getting the kill.
Last but not least Burst Mastery, pretty good trait, some people might prefer this over Heightened Focus for the extra damage and adrenaline back but I don’t.
Thanks for reading!

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

in Warrior

Nihevil.8024

This is from a PvP/WvW standpoint btw. c:

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

If they change Fast hands and make it baseline as well as Combine Dogged March and Warrior’s Sprint, yes, I would drop disc and go for str/def/berserker. The dream.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Nihevil.8024

If they change Fast hands and make it baseline as well as Combine Dogged March and Warrior’s Sprint, yes, I would drop disc and go for str/def/berserker. The dream.

Yeah, if they combine Dogged March and Warrior’s Sprint, I might drop Disc then. But I doubt they will unfortunately. :C

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I’d be more willing to try different builds, but it would clearly remain a strong line. Condi and support builds would be in a better spot, at least. I don’t rib those bite, but I might in the event of a baseline FH.

Edit: LOL, I just noticed what autocorrect did to this post… “I don’t rib those bite”. Meant to say, “I don’t run those now…”. My phone must have been hungry. XD

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in Warrior

Posted by: Akira.5746

Akira.5746

Condition builds, Defensive builds and builds not reliant on constant Bursts could afford to stray. I don’t think the Gun Flame builds we see these days would change any as Crack Shot, +5 on swap and Burst Mastery are too essential to drop.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

I doubt it, it has wayy too many good things to drop tbh :S All GM’s are great, I’d never remove warrior’s sprint, EVER! The 25% movement speed runes are sort of bad for dmg. Versatile rage and Versatile power are also really good despite being minors (Versatile rage in berserker mode is flipping amazing). Even If I could go str/def/berserker I’m not sure I’d ditch Disc. Theoretically, yes my DPS would be much higher, but I’d lose so much QoL and “Self-utility” that I feel I’d be much worse off in certain situations.

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

in Warrior

Nihevil.8024

Condition builds didn’t even cross my mind for whatever reason, but yeah fasthands baseline will definitely improve those builds. But unfortunately I don’t have high hopes with this months balance patch for warriors. I just feel like we’re going to get little to no lovin’.

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

I have already dropped Discipline with my Berserker. I win Arms, Defense, Berserker and enjoy myself.

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

I have already dropped Discipline with my Berserker. I win Arms, Defense, Berserker and enjoy myself.

Same, I dropped Discipline as well after they nerfed Crack Shot in the January patch. Strength/Arms/Berserker in WvW (yolo Gunflame).

Still using Discipline in sPvP though.

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

Thuggernaut.1250
emkelly.2371:
Same, I dropped Discipline as well after they nerfed Crack Shot in the January patch. Strength/Arms/Berserker in WvW (yolo Gunflame).
Still using Discipline in sPvP though.

I don’t even use discipline in spvp. I just run Signet of rage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Ofc lol…

in Warrior

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I need Disc for not only 25% speed, but also “Brawler’s Recovery”. Having an instant condi-clear (Even if it only removes one) on an ability that doesn’t require you to land a hit, have a target, turn off auto-heal, or use a utility slot (Which you may not have access to, depending on condition). Since I mainly just open-world PvE, being able to ‘shake off’ lingering conditions like bleed and especially Cripple after a fight is way too strong of a convenience to want to pass up.

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

It’s ok, Dogged March and Warrior’s sprint are getting combined this patch in the defense line. I’m sure of it.

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Nihevil.8024

It’s ok, Dogged March and Warrior’s sprint are getting combined this patch in the defense line. I’m sure of it.

I try to believe, but it’s just really hard to.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

That’s hoping for too much. lol Watch them nerf something, like the resistance from berserker stance or the condi dmg traits in berserker or gunflame damage. The last one definitely needs to be gutted tho, its absolutely disgusting.

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

(edited by Rekt.5360)

in Warrior

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

That’s hoping for too much. lol Watch them nerf something, like the resistance from berserker stance or the condi dmg traits in berserker or gunflame damage. The last one definitely needs to be gutted tho, its absolutely disgusting.

… no it’s not. What’s disgusting is that it took 4 years for the rifle to finally become a worthwhile weapon for Warriors. In fact, the only problem with Gunflame is that it’s locked behind the berzerker trait. “Not completely terrible” is an awful reason to gut something.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

… no it’s not. What’s disgusting is that it took 4 years for the rifle to finally become a worthwhile weapon for Warriors. In fact, the only problem with Gunflame is that it’s locked behind the berzerker trait. “Not completely terrible” is an awful reason to gut something.

They could keep/make rifle a worthwhile weapon and still nerf gunflame. They just need to back away from the “let’s load everything into this one thing, and then make the rest of the weapon weak to compensate” concept they have going for the warrior rifle.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

Idc if rifle was the best weapon, I’d never use it, doesn’t fit the “Warrior” playstyle imo. To each their own.

I’m still waiting on GS useable in each hand
-2h Great Axes
-Flails
-Huge shields used as offensive weapons in offhand
-Spears/halberds/polearms

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

Lol. Warrior Spear as a not aquatic weapon

in Warrior

Nihevil.8024

One handed (javelins) or two handed land spears would be dope.

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

assuming they fix them to actually do decent damage