If Warriors are so bad at pvp then why.............

in Warrior

Posted by: Nautika.5376

Nautika.5376

are 99% of the commanders <drum roll> WARRIORS?

in Warrior

Posted by: Nautika.5376

Nautika.5376

The silence confirms it Warriors are in fact NOT that bad at PvP and people know it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

warriors arent bad at pvp.

there are just better options available that make other classes far more viable.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Posted by: Akumu.7238

Akumu.7238

What Defektive said. Also, “99%” of commanders are not Warriors. People can like the class but that doesn’t mean it isn’t flawed. A warriors flaws are overshadowed in Wv3 anyway.

I don’t wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that’ll be enough.

in Warrior

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Defektive

warriors arent bad at pvp.

there are just better options available that make other classes far more viable.

^
This.

See, in a competitive PvP environment being a sub-par choice means you’re NOT a choice. You’re “bad” and should not be used. This is where warriors sit in tourney play.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Tomas Valheru.3065

Tomas Valheru.3065

The silence confirms it Warriors are in fact NOT that bad at PvP and people know it.

Haha, I actually laughed at this message. You post something less than an hour ago and expect a million replies refuting your original post as if everyone is on the forums at all times.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

You burst people much better with Thief.
You survive and support much better with Guardian.
You AoE much better with Ele/Engi.
You DPS ranged DPS much better with Ranger/Engi.
You control much better with Mesmer.
You deal conditions much better with Thief/Ele/Necro.

Warrior is a 7/10 in all roles he fully specs into, but outclassed in every single one of those roles by 10/10 classes.
Let alone the fact his good skills are also the easiest in the game to avoid or counter.

It’s not bad, it’s simply inferior to others.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

I maybe 7/10, but I am 7/10 in all those areas at once. Nothing like having 30K hps, heavy armor, leaps/bullcharge, 100% swiftness, passive heals, conditions, condition removal, and decent direct damage all at once. A properly traited warrior is the perfect solo class. Many consider a thief, but I destroy them easily.

in Warrior

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Thieves have burst now? Is this a new thing with the Halloween patch or something? Last i checked thieves were still absolute crap. Same as they have been since beta.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rockaholic.2180

Rockaholic.2180

Thieves always has been having insane burst dmg ever since beta dude

in Warrior

Posted by: Darkeh.4539

Darkeh.4539

Warrior bad in PVP ?

The sky is Purple ?

If you fail as warrior u should go play Hello Kitty Online.

in Warrior

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Backstab does like a quarter of what HB does and is much easier to avoid. HB is pretty much a guaranteed kill and is reliably spammable as often as your fastest snare. Bolas is only 20s CD even untraited, compared to 45s on both Basilisk and Devourer and you have to land multiple hits to kill with Backstab even assuming you’re able to get the back hit every time.

The only time thieves deal good burst is once they get the target below half, which is a challenge in of itself since they deal so little damage and die so fast.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

Warriors aren’t bad in WvW thats why…in tournament pvp you need every edge available to you regardless of skill level. So even if you are a good player you know you will do better as another class that’s all.

in Warrior

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Backstab does 1/4 of HB?

So Hb does 40k damage does it?

HB is a stationary channel. Unless you use it with bullrush and frenzy it never completes. People just walk away.

Bolas oh wow, did you just bring bolas into this? A skill which misses 99 percent of the time due to its issues with z axis pathing? Have you actually played a warrior or just looking at a character creator…..basilisk and devourer are guaranteed effects btw and they work off pistol shots.

You don’t think hitting for 5k with steal, then 5k with c+d followed by 10k backstab in the space of1-3 seconds is a good burst…go back to pve my friend, you have no idea what you’re doing.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sami.1560

Sami.1560

It’s almost like the class that’s very good at PvE farming (Warrior), which in turn leads to higher gold gains, has more money available to buy the commander skill at 100g.

Or that Warriors might as well be made as the commander so they can focus on the “big picture” as they’re not that useful in the fight?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sherman.4631

Sherman.4631

True all commander are warrior, and warrior is probably the most popular class and is consider the faceroll class.

We’re out of chicken

in Warrior

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

@ phaeris because quoting never seems to work:

Getting hit for 10k in WvW isn’t even that much. As far as damage comparisons go, you realize you’re comparing the thief’s burst on 3 skills that take up all their traits and utilities in WvW, where you can build for something like +80% crit damage from gear alone, to one warrior skill in sPvP gear (which is only around +30% crit damage) and the warrior skill still comes out on top.

It’s easy to go OMG THAT THIEF HIT ME FOR 10K but disregard the fact that you have a skill on much shorter CD that hits for 2k 9 times in the space of 2 seconds. Except, not really because HB is obviously one of the most powerful skills in the game, damage-wise.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

@ phaeris because quoting never seems to work:

Getting hit for 10k in WvW isn’t even that much. As far as damage comparisons go, you realize you’re comparing the thief’s burst on 3 skills that take up all their traits and utilities in WvW, where you can build for something like +80% crit damage from gear alone, to one warrior skill in sPvP gear (which is only around +30% crit damage) and the warrior skill still comes out on top.

It’s easy to go OMG THAT THIEF HIT ME FOR 10K but disregard the fact that you have a skill on much shorter CD that hits for 2k 9 times in the space of 2 seconds. Except, not really because HB is obviously one of the most powerful skills in the game, damage-wise.

There is a little, or no, wait, a HUGE difference here.Thieves can sneak in stealth behind you and hit you while stealthed. Warriors must face you, and hope that you won’t use that “pro” dodge roll thingie.Coz then they’ve wasted bull’s rush and become pretty much useless.
If you get hit by bull’s rush, stun break skill and dodge.Max 3k damage taken.If you do neither, then you’re an utter noob and should shut the kitten up.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

Thieves have burst now? Is this a new thing with the Halloween patch or something? Last i checked thieves were still absolute crap. Same as they have been since beta.

Err, no profession does anywhere near the burst damage a thief does. In tpvp everyone rolls thief because it is not only incredibly easy to use, it requires no skill to play that profession as any build, be it dual dagger or wild bill pistol/dagger, but also entirely overpowered. You get to down people in literally less than a second.. with haste you down and finish them in 2.5 seconds. With pistol dagger you take much longer, but you just don’t die even to three people at once due to stealth, and in the end you will kill them all with stealth finishes.

(edited by Zsymon.8457)

in Warrior

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

Warriors are easy to use, but it is very hard to actually take down a skilled player, since all warrior abilities can be so easily avoided. If you go glass cannon as a warrior, all that health and armor will also mean nothing, you will die in seconds since the only things that go towards our survivability are the health and heavy armor, which does not actually make a profession more survivable. Survivability has little to do with health and armor.. having high values of those will just let you survive a few seconds longer, but you still die since you have no other surviving tools the way other professions have.

(edited by Zsymon.8457)

in Warrior

Posted by: Zurkian.1276

Zurkian.1276

Even in their broken state warriors are an excellent 1v1 class which is fine and dandy if 1v1 was actually a common situation.

It’s not that they’re a terrible class and I don’t even think they necessarily need a damage buff. The problem lies within their crap utility skills, all over the place traits, poor design, and lack of attention (or care) by Anet.

in Warrior

Posted by: WhysoSully.4652

WhysoSully.4652

I think they are alot of fun to play, and on my lvl 80 warrior in full exotic gear it takes at least 3-5 people to take me down. between my infinite fury and swiftness shouts that heal and 30 k health not to mention an endurance buff/weakness debuff on enemies that is up 80% of the time its a pain in the kitten to take me down. not to mention my buffs go to my teammates as well.

in zergs im able to run past front lines into the squishy back field apply some bleeds turn around and run all the way back to my zerg and heal back up.

as far as WvW goes warriors can be great.

Spvp tourny play is a different story.

oh and HB…. havent seen this skill work in PvP if fact its basically suicide in a big WvW fight. 1 dodge roll gets the person away from you without getting hit. MAYBE if the last hit was auto kill this skill would be o.k. but even then… its to easy to roll away

in Warrior

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

I see alot of guardian and ranger commanders, dunno about you.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in Warrior

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Our server currently has 12 commanders, I’m the only warrior one. I believe we have one of every class actually. Also, a commander mostly is there to draw the zerg where they are needed.. when you need a zerg to push it’s a lot easier to get them to do it if you go in first, so warriors/guardians would be the ones to push the line.

Oh and thieves complaining about burst? lol.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in Warrior

Posted by: Euthil.5209

Euthil.5209

>implying 99% of the commanders are actually good at PvP

I’ve killed plenty of commanders on the battlefield, even when they’re surrounded by their army. I rarely, if ever, come face to face with a commander that knows how to fight. I used to think WvW PvP is where it’s at in terms of difficulty and intensity, until I started playing structured PvP.

in Warrior

Posted by: Euthil.5209

Euthil.5209

Warriors are easy to use, but it is very hard to actually take down a skilled player, since all warrior abilities can be so easily avoided. If you go glass cannon as a warrior, all that health and armor will also mean nothing, you will die in seconds since the only things that go towards our survivability are the health and heavy armor, which does not actually make a profession more survivable. Survivability has little to do with health and armor.. having high values of those will just let you survive a few seconds longer, but you still die since you have no other surviving tools the way other professions have.

This. Perhaps I’m just bad, but I always feel like I have to be in perfect condition and play twice as hard as my opponent in order to best him.

in Warrior

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Someone explain to me how a 10k, 3-skill burst on 45s cd is somehow more broken than a 25k 1-skill burst on 8s recharge?

The fact that there’s even a skill that deals 25k at all is ridiculous. Maybe if it was an elite or had like 45s CD.

Actually, 45s CD for HB sounds like a pretty good way to balance it. Reorder the skillbar to match while they’re at it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zyrusticae.7245

Zyrusticae.7245

Even in their broken state warriors are an excellent 1v1 class which is fine and dandy if 1v1 was actually a common situation.

It’s not that they’re a terrible class and I don’t even think they necessarily need a damage buff. The problem lies within their crap utility skills, all over the place traits, poor design, and lack of attention (or care) by Anet.

What? No, warriors are a terrible 1v1 class. Absolutely no ability to sustain and mitigate incoming damage makes us complete crap in any match-up against anything other than a thief, and even then thieves have better getaway abilities!

We’re also completely useless for cracking bunker builds, which is a HUGE problem as they become more and more ubiquitous.

Someone explain to me how a 10k, 3-skill burst on 45s cd is somehow more broken than a 25k 1-skill burst on 8s recharge?

The fact that there’s even a skill that deals 25k at all is ridiculous. Maybe if it was an elite or had like 45s CD.

Actually, 45s CD for HB sounds like a pretty good way to balance it. Reorder the skillbar to match while they’re at it.

Wow, this is so wrong I don’t even know where or how it came about.

HB does not deal 25k damage. It never deals 25k damage. That’s hyperbole if I’ve ever seen it. Even if you spec full, complete glass cannon and stack as much might as you possibly can it will only hit that high in WvW because crit damage is higher there, you’ll NEVER see numbers that high in sPvP.

Secondly, HB has no CC attached to it AND it is a channeled ability that is basically impossible to fully land on any opponent that isn’t sleeping.

Seriously, how do these complaints even come about? I don’t get it.

(edited by Zyrusticae.7245)

in Warrior

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

I think warriors are great in WvW because of their huge selection of weapons and there are plenty of opportunities to switch them in preparation for various situations. I don’t think there are any situations that the Warrior doesn’t excel at in WvW. It’s just a matter of knowing what you’ll be doing next and equipping the right weapons.

When it comes to burst damage, there’s more than just greatsword. I’ve tested rifle and axe with full berserker’s + divinity and you can burst so hard with those weapons, and you don’t need to land HB.

Haven’t tried sPvP so I have no comment on that.

in Warrior

Posted by: Apophis.8561

Apophis.8561

i personally feel that alot of people have alts as warriors, and main something else because wars are pretty simple in terms of just going and beating people up and its a nice change of pace from other classes. i main a ranger and enjoy my warrior once in a while.

in Warrior

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

What? No, warriors are a terrible 1v1 class. Absolutely no ability to sustain and mitigate incoming damage makes us complete crap in any match-up against anything other than a thief, and even then thieves have better getaway abilities!

We’re also completely useless for cracking bunker builds, which is a HUGE problem as they become more and more ubiquitous.

Wow, this is so wrong I don’t even know where or how it came about.

HB does not deal 25k damage. It never deals 25k damage. That’s hyperbole if I’ve ever seen it. Even if you spec full, complete glass cannon and stack as much might as you possibly can it will only hit that high in WvW because crit damage is higher there, you’ll NEVER see numbers that high in sPvP.

Secondly, HB has no CC attached to it AND it is a channeled ability that is basically impossible to fully land on any opponent that isn’t sleeping.

Seriously, how do these complaints even come about? I don’t get it.

Okay, yeah, sorry, the burst is like 20k on thieves and 30k+ on warriors in WvW, and 10k on thieves vs. 15k on warriors for sPvP. 10k is not enough to even kill another a thief, while a 15k burst on a warrior will kill anything that isn’t specced to tank or is a warrior or necro. Moreover, thieves have crap DPS outside of their burst unless they’re going in for dagger auto-attack (and if they do that they’ll live pretty much exactly as long as the startup for the target’s auto-attack) or attacking with pistol, which, I should note, will also deal crap damage because that’s condition damage on a Berserker’s spec. On the other hand, warrior GS DPS is already respectably high even without Hundred Blades, and if they’re feeling lazy they can just switch to axe and Eviscerate for an easy 8k. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything survive getting hit by both HB and Eviscerate and it’s incredibly easy to land both at once. Even if you fail you can just try again in 10 seconds.

In WvW, I don’t think it’s even possible to survive a HB burst no matter how tanky you build yourself. You could be a 100% full defense spec warrior and if HB lands on you, instant death. On a target with light armor and no toughness, I think the damage from HB actually exceeds 40k, but of course you’d never see that.

And did I mention it recharges in 8 seconds? Lol.

in Warrior

Posted by: Akumu.7238

Akumu.7238

HB is only slightly more useful with haste. Without it you are seriously asking to be pwned. Which(haste) is NOT on a 8 second cooldown. Also, HB became a joke after launch once majority learned the game. There is no excuse to be hit with hb outside of human error. Warrior glass cannons are only good for the “Surprise!” moments in a chaotic battle, with the enemies attention on someone else.

Toughness and high hp of a warrior means nothing in a game where damage is best avoided altogether. A guardian has less hp but has enough useful abilities to survive lifetimes longer than a warrior could ever dream of. I don’t see how this class is a “warrior” when they are so easily killed. Should be called Militia, as we all know Guardians are the true warriors.

I still don’t understand how people actually accept the garbage utilities that a warrior has. Have you actually played any other class? What scrubs are you fighting that actually get killed by you in SPvP? Unless of course you roll with your entire squad every match, so you sit back and wait to Surprise! people. Warriors are only good at newb smashing right now.

Look at all the heavy plate wearers in SPvP. Notice the major decline of warriors compared to launch. Most I’ve seen are guardians these days.

I don’t wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that’ll be enough.

(edited by Akumu.7238)

in Warrior

Posted by: Sami.1560

Sami.1560

Also, unless you have Frenzy up (and I think everyone agrees that Frenzy ruins everything) 100 blades takes closer to 4 seconds to fully complete. Ignore the channel time on the tooltip – like most of them in the game, it’s completely wrong.

That 1 skill does 25k damage (in PvE/WvW only with a glass cannon build vs other glass cannons) is not the issue. In terms of damage done it’s 4.1k dps. Are you telling me a thief does less than that? Not damage per hit, damage per second.

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

dunno how you guys are building but with my pow/tough/vit build i can just auto-attack swing my GS at pretty much any class and win. if they want to put up a fight they get bullsrushed and downed quickly with a quickness-100b combo. you really need to get around to find someone in WvW who doesnt just leg it when you start swinging the GS (which is his death sentence anyways because warrior mobility > all).

Also ive never been hit by anything for more then 10k since ive hit 80 and got a few exotics.. thieves used to instagib me when i was lvl 30, but on lvl 80 with some toughness exotics that kitten doesnt happen anymore. they combo and then leg it seeing 1/4 health gone and getting a crit from my GS for a good part of their health.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Warrior

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Weird how this went from all commanders = warriors, to a bunch of people feeding a thief playing troll.

Back on topic: most commanders are guardians or rangers, at least on my server. At least all the good ones are. Commander needs to be a class that is relatively safe/good survival, since people are relying on them to coordinate the zerg. Warrior can do this okay i guess with a tanky build, but its still dangerous to engage in melee range with a huge zerg. Much easier if your either super survival guardian, or something ranged that stands in the back.

I don’t think i’ve seen a ele, thief or engie commander before.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in Warrior

Braxxus.2904

I play on Yak’s Bend and the commanders I’ve seen so far are mostly guardians. There’s a ranger and I think 2 engis as well but for the most part it’s all guardians.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

@ Sami
Warriors do waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more damage than thieves do. Thief DPS is in fact downright terrible. Even built as a glass cannon DPS thieves deal extremely poor damage. The only saving grace is that dagger auto-attack is one of the hardest-hitting auto-attacks in the game, but that doesn’t really make up for their total lack of DPS skills otherwise.

On the other hand, Hundred Blades is the highest DPS in the game. Not the highest DPS skill, but literally the highest DPS. The single skill alone outclasses the DPS output on entire classes. Add in the damage from the auto-attack, which is fairly high as well, and warrior GS DPS is miles above any else any other class can put out.

Even in PvP, a single hit from Hundred Blades is already about 2-3k. If a warrior bolas/rushes you and starts swinging, you can take as much as 10k in the amount of time it takes to stun break and roll away. Then the warrior can just Eviscerate you or just do whatever for 6 seconds and HB again.

in Warrior

Braxxus.2904

Even built as a glass cannon DPS thieves deal extremely poor damage.

Are these even trolls anymore or are thieves really just that delusional and bad at math?

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Zyrusticae.7245

Zyrusticae.7245

Okay, yeah, sorry, the burst is like 20k on thieves and 30k+ on warriors in WvW, and 10k on thieves vs. 15k on warriors for sPvP. 10k is not enough to even kill another a thief, while a 15k burst on a warrior will kill anything that isn’t specced to tank or is a warrior or necro.

I wish the ignore function worked on these forums, then I wouldn’t have to read junk like this.

It’s actually much closer to 20k on thieves if you’re going to compare like-for-like. A thief can hit poison → AS → steal → CnD → backstab → heartseeker → heartseeker in the same amount of time it takes for a warrior to hit bull rush → frenzy → 100b.

Of course, 20k damage is enough to down most players outright.

in Warrior

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

I enjoyed the part that said HB deals 25k damage with only one ability required, whilst Backstab requires 3. So Frenzy/Bulls Charge clearly don’t count and there is no escape from HB being used on its own.

I’ve survived HB/Evis combo plenty of times in WvW from level 80’s in full exotics, so no it’s not “instant death”. How do I achieve this miracle? I have toughness.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in Warrior

Posted by: Rockaholic.2180

Rockaholic.2180

are 99% of the commanders <drum roll> WARRIORS?

weild I’m seeing more guardians, rangers sometime eles but very rarely see warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: SitBackToRelax.8756

SitBackToRelax.8756

Warriors aren’t bad in PvP or WvW in my opinion. You just have to know how to control them. While other classses have better abilities you have to make up for it in skill. I’m not the best in the world but i dodge or move around to avoid the majority of my enemies attacks and yes it does work. My warrior is a healer type and i know guardians are better but unless a group tries to take me out in WvW i can take out nearly everything but a mesmer.

You just have to learn how to use the type of character you choose it isn’t all in the skills and traits.

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Yeah and you know why Warrior gets out-classed? Because the unskilleds didn’t even try to seek Warrior’s potential.

I’ll give you one example. A good mace + GS Warrior will make it EASY for your team to focus someone while not minimizing his own damage out-put. Meaning Mace + GS can both support AND carry so long as you know what support and carry means.

Warrior out-classes and is MORE FAIL-SAFE than Thieves in AoE comps even if built glass cannon. Though glass cannon Warrior wasn’t made for casuals and Thieves seem like an easier class, I can tell you right now I have an easier time darting in and out of AoE with CC and lots of burst thanks to Balanced Stance and Endure Pain. Add to the fact that Whirlwind Attack and Rush are both at a lower cool down than Thieves escape skills.

Warrior out-classes Guardians in carrying. You wonder why DPS Guardian is garbage while Bunker is the only viable build. And Bunkers don’t necessarily carry all the time, mind you. Guardians are EASIER to kite than Warriors and their glass cannon options are simply bad. TL;DR DPS Warrior > DPS Guardian. Talking about WvW-wise. Obviously you can’t really compare a class that’s supposed to be built as a DPS melee carry to a Bunker that’s only good for soaking damage and supporting team mates.

Necro compared to Warrior? Two different roles and once again you can’t really compare a godly support to a potentially godly carry. The difference between a correctly built condition damage Warrior and Necro is that Warrior has stability and the ability to chase and escape while Necro sucks at chasing, escaping, and is too vulnerable to pretty much a lot of things. I believe condition damage isn’t viable unless you’re fighting a group of Thieves and Mesmers. This applies to condition damage Thieves, Warriors, or Necros alike.

Engi and Mesmer are no-brainer classes, what do they not out-class?

When it comes to range options, Warrior and Ranger are kinda equal. The difference is Ranger is for AoE comps while Warrior is better on “focused damage” comps.

Elem is a sleeper class. They probably out-class every class on everything at full potential just that no one admits it. Hopefully it balances out anyways when their sustain gets nerfed.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in Warrior

Tomas Valheru.3065

I think the OP honestly made this to troll the warrior forums. Lets be honest.

in Warrior

Tomas Valheru.3065

@ Sami
Warriors do waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more damage than thieves do. Thief DPS is in fact downright terrible. Even built as a glass cannon DPS thieves deal extremely poor damage. The only saving grace is that dagger auto-attack is one of the hardest-hitting auto-attacks in the game, but that doesn’t really make up for their total lack of DPS skills otherwise.

On the other hand, Hundred Blades is the highest DPS in the game. Not the highest DPS skill, but literally the highest DPS. The single skill alone outclasses the DPS output on entire classes. Add in the damage from the auto-attack, which is fairly high as well, and warrior GS DPS is miles above any else any other class can put out.

Even in PvP, a single hit from Hundred Blades is already about 2-3k. If a warrior bolas/rushes you and starts swinging, you can take as much as 10k in the amount of time it takes to stun break and roll away. Then the warrior can just Eviscerate you or just do whatever for 6 seconds and HB again.

Look person. Repeating yourself over and over and over again isn’t going to make what you say right. If you are talking about a PvE aspect, where you are fighting a mob that doesn’t kite, CC, or hit you hard enough that you can just use HB on recharge then yea, maybe it is an EPIC DPS, if you can even call it that. This is for PvE only though, and under the condition that you are going to hit a mob on recharge with the skill and not die or have to move.

If you are talking about PvP and you are fighting a person that has fingers, TOES even, and can press the letter V (or what ever letter dodge is hotkeyed to) if you use Bulls or Hold W,A,S,D for 3 seconds total without having bulls, then you will be doing CRAP damage with HB. If you are far enough from HB then you are far enough away after for the GS’s autoattacks. So congratz, I hit you for 2k my first hit, missed every other hit, if you move right and left afterwards and stay at distance I have a 50/50 chance of hitting you with whirlwind, and you have been hitting me the whole time or have been doing something more productive.

Thieves can move reliably apply their damage because in MOST situations you will always see the warrior coming even while fighting against multiple enemies as opposed to the thief. If you think thiefs burst is garbage then you sir/ma’am have not played GW2. At all. Since release. That or you bought the gem store Boxing Gloves and have been using that to PvP your way out of a wet paper bag and still haven’t won. Please stop repeating yourself. It’s irritating to read.

in Warrior

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

You realize commander status has nothing to do with pvp right? It’s about who has 100g to spend and who doesn’t. So your argument is flawed from the beginning.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Warrior

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

@ Tomas Valheru

I think the funny thing here is that you think Backstabs are “reliable” but you can’t even hit a non-moving target with Whirlwind.

I recommend everyone here actually try PvPing with classes other than the warrior and see how “overpowered” those classes that don’t have a win button feel to them. Either that, or try snaring a target before using HB instead of doing it randomly and getting mad when people move away.

In all fairness, pretty much every board thinks their class is underpowered and that all other classes are overpowered. At least the thieves have a valid counter to all the whining because of the irony of the class with a spammable 30k burst complaining about their 45s cd 10k burst.

So yeah, thanks for that.

in Warrior

Tomas Valheru.3065

@ Tomas Valheru

I think the funny thing here is that you think Backstabs are “reliable” but you can’t even hit a non-moving target with Whirlwind.

I recommend everyone here actually try PvPing with classes other than the warrior and see how “overpowered” those classes that don’t have a win button feel to them. Either that, or try snaring a target before using HB instead of doing it randomly and getting mad when people move away.

In all fairness, pretty much every board thinks their class is underpowered and that all other classes are overpowered. At least the thieves have a valid counter to all the whining because of the irony of the class with a spammable 30k burst complaining about their 45s cd 10k burst.

So yeah, thanks for that.

I don’t think our class is underpowered. Our class is ok right now, it’s why we haven’t really been touched. There are some bugs and things that would make more builds viable for us but they aren’t nearly as bad as other classes.

It’s unfortunate that you keep writing. Like I said, repeating the same thing over and over in every post won’t make what you are saying true/correct. One day you will get it, its ok!

in Warrior

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Personally, I think it’s just because Warriors are lackluster.

• Mesmers have their illusions and lasers.
  • Thieves have their smokey streaks, tricks, and stealth.
  • Guardians have their blue aura, fire, and weapons.
  • Engineers have their many colourful kits.
  • Necros have the whole ‘horror’ appeal to them plus the death state
  • Eles are extremely flashy, which keeps them popular

Warriors have good mechanics, survivability, and damage, but their visual effects are just… Meh.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~