Increasing Survivability

Increasing Survivability

in Warrior

Posted by: JScott.5892

JScott.5892

So been playin a DPS warrior for a while now. Have only just started venturing into dungeons for some of the gear.

Now I planned to go for the CoF gear however noted a lack of survivability. Just looking at ways to improve it. Any stat combos that other dungeon armours have? I will happily transmute any decent armours for the sake of completeness.

If you want any other info then please do ask and I’ll reply ASAP.

Increasing Survivability

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Dodge.

Increasing Survivability

in Warrior

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

On my warrior i have yet to encounter anything i cant get past using full berserk gear. When fighting bosses just watch their red circles and animations and dodge. If they hit you then you’re usually dead within 1-3 hits no matter what profession you are. If you cant get enough endurance use signet of stamina, but remember DPS should always be more important than survival don’t use it as a crutch. Also endure pain can be a blessing sometimes.

Increasing Survivability

in Warrior

Posted by: JScott.5892

JScott.5892

Dodge.

Really? There is a thing called dodge? I’v never heard of such a thing [/sarcasm]

On my warrior i have yet to encounter anything i cant get past using full berserk gear. When fighting bosses just watch their red circles and animations and dodge. If they hit you then you’re usually dead within 1-3 hits no matter what profession you are. If you cant get enough endurance use signet of stamina, but remember DPS should always be more important than survival don’t use it as a crutch. Also endure pain can be a blessing sometimes.

Yea that is the issue, I usually use the Signet of Stamina for solo play, yet it quickly gets replaced with Banner of Strength for party play. Hence why I’m looking at other armours to boost survivability, I always hate being a “glass cannon”.

Increasing Survivability

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

So been playin a DPS warrior for a while now. Have only just started venturing into dungeons for some of the gear.

Now I planned to go for the CoF gear however noted a lack of survivability. Just looking at ways to improve it. Any stat combos that other dungeon armours have? I will happily transmute any decent armours for the sake of completeness.

If you want any other info then please do ask and I’ll reply ASAP.

I’m guessing you are using a ranged weapon. Have rifle/longbow weapons as most of the bosses will require range and are just not worth the headache to melee especially in fotm. I really never melee except in cof p1 farming.

Having said that for weapons:

-I would start with the Orr vit/crit dmg exotic trinkets since they are cheap -bought by karma- with zerker weapons and armor with a defense banner and see how well you do. Not doing well? Put some points in the defensive tree. That is the cheap way of doing it. That should really be enough for anything if your group is half decent.

-Still squishy? You can also go knight’s armor, zerker weapons, the valkyrie-like Orr jewlery. That should give you a healthy dose of vitality/toughness regardless of your trait lines with a good balance of crit chance/dmg.

-Or go banner healing warrior with cleric gear. Just masterwork for the purposes of farming for better armor. Throw down 3 banners. With cleric you will have lots of toughness so use your talent trees to go max crit chance and crit damage. Your group will love you and just use longbow for field combos and rifle for dps.
Save your elite banner for clutch rezzes. Entertain yourself by dropping it just as someone touches the ground. Impresses the casuals.

-Use cheap pots that affects the mobs in certain dungeons: nightmare slaying for TA etc. They buff up your dps significantly. Also, keep a few on you for fotm if you farm it regularly. Use Oil if you wanna throw away your money.

At 21+ fotm you might have to start using the crafted or wvw vit/toughness gear in pug groups.

(edited by XII.9401)

Increasing Survivability

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Dodge.

Really? There is a thing called dodge? I’v never heard of such a thing [/sarcasm]

Your welcome.

I understand everyone has to go through this same phase and try to be like a tank. Hopefully it doesn’t last long for you.

Increasing Survivability

in Warrior

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Haa the zerker warrior theyre so many of them.

anyways OP, i get that there is the opinion that full zerker plus good dodge can go a lonnngg way, or something to that effect. I do respect ppl who pull it off, but as u said u dont like being glass cannon, so i just would like to add in a bit.

i use mainly soldiers (P/v/t) armor with a mix of zerker and knights trinket. i use mostly shouts, healing signet and warbanner elite when in party for dungeons. usually i aim for 3k+ attack and armor, and boost my dmg further by boons and traits. no, i dont rely on crits or conditions much. shouts with the vigorous shout trait (grandmaster vitality trait) and lung capacity (also a trait on vitality line, faster shout cooldown) gives a some boost to healing, supplementing the regen.

Again, yea zerker build, l2dodge, can get thru anything. I believe that line. i really do. but i am posting here just incase you are interested in doing things a bit more… uhm.. relaxed… u know, not twitch a lot and actually survive mistakes a bit. I mean I did get thru all dungeons with this, so i suppose it can work too? :P

Increasing Survivability

in Warrior

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Dodge.

Apparently. Because that’s all you need In PvE. Warriors have survivability issues in PvP. Not PvE. Mini-perma vigor from the signet + extra dodge on WW is all you need.

Increasing Survivability

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Dodge.

Apparently. Because that’s all you need In PvE. Warriors have survivability issues in PvP. Not PvE. Mini-perma vigor from the signet + extra dodge on WW is all you need.

hehe

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Increasing Survivability

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Dodge.

hehe

Rangers get that on a ‘5’ point trait.
Guardians/Elementalists/Engineers get 100% from a trait.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Increasing Survivability

in Warrior

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

^The 5 point ranger trait increases it by 50%, not 100%, you’re thinking of guardians that get it on the 5 point minor.

Increasing Survivability

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

hehe
Rangers get that on a ‘5’ point trait.

meant to say that rangers got the same thing on a ‘5’ point trait, not wasting a utility slot :/.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Increasing Survivability

in Warrior

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Oh silly me, should have realized that. In the end though guardians have it best at 100% vigor upkeep on a 5 point minor trait o.O
I wonder why they decided to give that to the most bunker class?

Increasing Survivability

in Warrior

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

Oh silly me, should have realized that. In the end though guardians have it best at 100% vigor upkeep on a 5 point minor trait o.O

Because you got the HP pool and the damage.

Increasing Survivability

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

The warrior hp pool is a joke. Guardians have regen. protection, Aegis and retaliation. That trumps any hp pool you can come up with.

If our Hp pool and damage were better than a guardian..how come you run away from a good GS/hammer guardian when you are a master of weapons and stuff? They also have a heal that blocks at the same time. Guardian survivability is just a joke that needs to be addressed. I dunno when the devs will leave PVE to focus on class balance. Maybe next year.

Survivability in this game is not about numbers. Its about mechanics/boons.

Increasing Survivability

in Warrior

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

The warrior hp pool is a joke. Guardians have regen. protection, Aegis and retaliation. That trumps any hp pool you can come up with.

If our Hp pool and damage were better than a guardian..how come you run away from a good GS/hammer guardian when you are a master of weapons and stuff? They also have a heal that blocks at the same time. Guardian survivability is just a joke that needs to be addressed. I dunno when the devs will leave PVE to focus on class balance. Maybe next year.

That! Right there. Its about the mechanics. The warrior ability to survival is horrible. Scholar classes have better survival skills then the warrior. The Warrior down skills does not help either. It has to be the worse set of down skills of any profession.

Increasing Survivability

in Warrior

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

So if they take away the guardian survivability (which is btw a joke, if you run a full dps build /good luck 11k hp/), what is left there? Have you ever checked OUR dps traits – now this is a kitten joke.

Hur dur, I am a warrior, I smash, I demand to oneshot, to have mobility and survivability in a full zerker gear and traits! Give me a break.

Edit: not to mention that warrior’s range option are also superior to the guardian’s.

(edited by Funset.7893)