Instakill rifle: still possible?

in Warrior

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Q:

There’s a cool youtube video that shows a warrior one-shotting people with 24k damage hits. My question is: does anyone know what build he uses and how to make it? Or did it get nerfed recently?

Link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru_rXq2LYg0

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Warrior

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

A:

Im playing rifle warrior for month with a mix of knights, berserkers and valkyries full exoctic wvw only. Killshot crits to a max of 13k damage on lowbie squishies. I was never able to 1-shot anyone.

Normally it goes like this:
1. enter combat, gaining adrenaline until max which takes quite a time with rifle (~20 secs I guess)
2. watch out for a good target for landing a killshot (e.g. someone who have dodged twice in a row)
3. start aiming for a killshot
4. in ~4/5 times during killshot casttime (~2s) (a) the target runs out of sight, (b) dodges or © you get focus fired (GOTO 2)
5. if you are actually lucky and the killshot hits and the target is not dead (due to having low health before), Im following with Volley
6. the target will immediately dodge, stealth, blink away or presses his panic button
7. at this point the target is (a) dead or (b) out of sight

There’s a much much easier way to line up kill shot.

Start the killshot animation about 1/3 to 1/2 way through pop fear me and watch a guaranteed kill shot hit every time. It’s great doing this against good players as they recognize the kill shot animation and you know they are planning on dodging it, thinking in their head that you are a noob. Hit fear me, their toon puts their back to you and they lose control nothing to do but grin. Had a lot of people whisper me after this tactic saying they did not expect that and that it completely caught them off guard.
Hahah love that.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

(edited by BlueprintLFE.2358)

in Warrior

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

It’s still possible only if the 2 following conditions are met:

1. You’re in full berserker gear/spec
2. The enemy is either non-lvl 80, or has broken gear, and is also in full berserker

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

in Warrior

Posted by: Shadowscamp.8065

Shadowscamp.8065

Well, as far as I know, the 24k hits are only as a result of the bugged piercing trait, which compounded Berserker’s Power damage as the shots pierced. That was fixed in the last patch. However, you can still get very high numbers like he did by going full glass cannon. They didn’t nerf Kill Shot damage in any way, so potentially you could still get the same numbers he was getting on single targets.

Qoo ~

Quaggan may or may not like you ~

in Warrior

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

For those damage numbers the target needs to have only around 1k armor, even a guy in full Berserker gear will only take up to around 15k damage. So yes, if you meet low-level players in W3 such damage numbers are still possible.
I don’t know if the [Berserker’s Power] was fixed so it doesn’t gives you +23% damage for each pierced target anymore that could give Kill Shot and Bladetrail ridiculously huge damage numbers.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sarrow.2785

Sarrow.2785

For those damage numbers the target needs to have only around 1k armor, even a guy in full Berserker gear will only take up to around 15k damage.

Glass thieves and eles have around 10K hp. Nuff said.

Admiral Mournn, Tarnished Coast

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

For those damage numbers the target needs to have only around 1k armor, even a guy in full Berserker gear will only take up to around 15k damage.

Glass thieves and eles have around 10K hp. Nuff said.

They call you names when you one shot them too xD

Pineapples

in Warrior

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

Im playing rifle warrior for month with a mix of knights, berserkers and valkyries full exoctic wvw only. Killshot crits to a max of 13k damage on lowbie squishies. I was never able to 1-shot anyone.

Normally it goes like this:
1. enter combat, gaining adrenaline until max which takes quite a time with rifle (~20 secs I guess)
2. watch out for a good target for landing a killshot (e.g. someone who have dodged twice in a row)
3. start aiming for a killshot
4. in ~4/5 times during killshot casttime (~2s) (a) the target runs out of sight, (b) dodges or © you get focus fired (GOTO 2)
5. if you are actually lucky and the killshot hits and the target is not dead (due to having low health before), Im following with Volley
6. the target will immediately dodge, stealth, blink away or presses his panic button
7. at this point the target is (a) dead or (b) out of sight

in Warrior

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

I have 110 criti damage when buff with food and 13 stack of mightand the highest damage I ever did was 19k.
A 24 k could be possible. If you could get more criti damage % and max stacks of might.

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~

in Warrior

Posted by: Geewoody.2017

Geewoody.2017

Probably in WvW against low leveled players, which was the only place it was ever possible.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kill.6973

Kill.6973

The only thing i was interested was how did he manage to get that coat.
Anyone knows what he is wearing, is that Hotw gear?

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

I remember messing around trying to get the highest killshot dmg, although I can’t remember the exact build I can remember picking up the trait that gives you an increase for every boon on you and I believe I have the lyssa runes? The one that gives you all boons when u use an elite skill. I popped for great justice and signet of power ( sorry not too familiar with warrior traits and stuff if I got the wrong names for skills and traits) and signet of rage before I used killshot, got a a slightly higher number, although you have to wait for the cool down on the rune to do it again.

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

The only thing i was interested was how did he manage to get that coat.
Anyone knows what he is wearing, is that Hotw gear?

That is a good question…Almost thought he was a Ranger or Engineer or something. How’d he get that medium armor coat!?

in Warrior

Posted by: sogekii.2586

sogekii.2586

There’s a cool youtube video that shows a warrior one-shotting people with 24k damage hits. My question is: does anyone know what build he uses and how to make it? Or did it get nerfed recently?

Link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru_rXq2LYg0

Yes, I still one-shot people in WvW. I one-shotted three WM guys clumped up just last night.

The build was affected by the patch but it was more of a fix to the piercing bug and not actually a nerf (thanks Anet). Base Kill Shot damage remains the same.

One shot… One kill…
Sogekii Hei [DiE] [APM] [TNO]

(edited by sogekii.2586)

in Warrior

Posted by: Alsonia.4753

Alsonia.4753

Ahh yes DiE a fair weather guild. One shotting glass players doesn’t mean anything; and WvW has certain builds that work; damage isn’t balanced around WvW.

Nothing to see here but glass cannons hitting hard with a channel skill. Don’t want to get instagibbed, don’t build glass.

Gloria Taril | Guardian of [ICoa]
Repping Beastgate since day 1.

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Ahh yes DiE a fair weather guild. One shotting glass players doesn’t mean anything; and WvW has certain builds that work; damage isn’t balanced around WvW.

Nothing to see here but glass cannons hitting hard with a channel skill. Don’t want to get instagibbed, don’t build glass.

From what I could tell, he wasn’t so much insta-gibbing people, some of those targets looked like they were taking quite a few shots of high damage before going down…I think what seems attractive about the video is how easily that damage is dealt. Just learn to time the Kill Shot and that’s about it.

It certainly makes me want to give a snipe build a shot. I do love complex combat (my first 80 is an Elementalist who uses daggers, scepter and focus) but occasionally something simple is a nice change of pace :P

in Warrior

Posted by: Alsonia.4753

Alsonia.4753

In sPvP/tPvP combat Kill Shot is very ineffective unless you run with “Fear Me” in which case it requires you use a cooldown for god’s sake in order to Kill Shot effectively. While Rifle is a fun gimmick build when you want to a prick; it’s hardly the most effective build for a Warrior in WvW.

Personally I prefer to run PVT Hammer Axe/Shield builds to survive the massive zergs and distrupt; not to mention it has a higher skill cap than F1.

tl;dr Rifle is fine in every other facet of the game but WvW, and of course high burst damage is going to be strong when avoid it is pretty much impossible.

Gloria Taril | Guardian of [ICoa]
Repping Beastgate since day 1.

in Warrior

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

A full zerker rifle warrior only effective place is being support fire behind the frontline.
I always say behind the Melees and take out pesky thief or dd elementist smacking them.

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~