Is 100b coming back to PvP? Quickness change

in Warrior

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/revenant-the-master-of-the-mists/

As you can read from the post above quickness is getting a slight buff, at least for channelled skills. People that tried to make GS work in sPvP arena often experimented with the sigil of rage, and I am one of them. There were two main reasons it wasn’t viable:

1) We could not always predict the cooldown to proc it
2) It procced while casting 100b but did not speed it up

With this upcoming change,, our 100b will speed up mid-channel making it much more useful as we will probably land the last hit or force opponent to waste a cooldown.

Skullcrack, throw bolas, bulls charge and unsuspecting foe might see some more love hopefully. I have actually sent a bug report 3 months ago while testing 100b with sigil of rage and was sad cause it procced mid channel but didnt speed it up and finally they are implementing this suggestion.

Do you guys think roamer warriors will find their places in teams? Or do you still think GS will be outplayed most of the time?

in Warrior

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Will a channeled, rooting skill with a random chance of being useful every 30 seconds be viable in high-level PvP? Probably not.

100b never left the low-level PvP though. I still enjoy tearing people in WvW/Hotjoin to shreds with bull rush + 100b and I don’t even need quickness to do it.

One – Piken Square

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Will a channeled, rooting skill with a random chance of being useful every 30 seconds be viable in high-level PvP? Probably not.

100b never left the low-level PvP though. I still enjoy tearing people in WvW/Hotjoin to shreds with bull rush + 100b and I don’t even need quickness to do it.

Well, with Taunt a Skullcracker build might become more viable for more than just dueling and roaming because between Bull’s Charge, Shield Bash, and some sort of Taunt Elite you would be able to land the stun fairly frequently. Even if you don’t land the stun, Taunt + Frenzy/Rage + 100b would be effective. Imagine doing that on top of a downed enemy, they go for the revive and end up just running into your 100b while you cleave the downed guy.

Hammer/GS is another option, you see it in WvW but being able to pull a group of people into your Earthshaker? Scary stuff.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Well, with Taunt a Skullcracker build might become more viable for more than just dueling and roaming because between Bull’s Charge, Shield Bash, and some sort of Taunt Elite you would be able to land the stun fairly frequently. Even if you don’t land the stun, Taunt + Frenzy/Rage + 100b would be effective. Imagine doing that on top of a downed enemy, they go for the revive and end up just running into your 100b while you cleave the downed guy.

Hammer/GS is another option, you see it in WvW but being able to pull a group of people into your Earthshaker? Scary stuff.

Any Taunt Warriors are going to get is going to be available for the Specialization only and we don’t know what current utilities and/or mechanics that specialization will lose, so really not worth speculating over until we know more about the upcoming warrior spec.

One – Piken Square

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

They still need to fix Bull’s charge. It’s incredibly bad now.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

2) It procced while casting 100b but did not speed it up

cancel it into Arcing Slice > WW, you will do even more damage than 100b since quickened WW will get all 4 hits on enemy.

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

There’s still immob, fear me and you’ll get the full HB off. Thing is though you’re burning two skills for a full HB.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

you can bolas fear me balanced stance for dueling with standard gs build
but it stays for fun build.

best bet is bullcharge with zerker stance and ofc balanced stance, but bull charge sucks, i would rather just take a third stance.

and generally, even hundred blade is use able, gs is still not an ideal weapon for conquest, it still does not surpass thief or mesmer in terms of roamer, lack of boon removal, and actual blink mobility.

and can not prevent decap, if you actually want to output damage or survive, you will get out of the node( for the node being so small) and enemy will decap you.

you don’t want to think hundred blade as your primal damage outpu, because it’s not, people who use whirling and arcing slice will do more reliable burst damage and have more survibility.
you can land your hundred blade whenever you land your pin down.

like i previously mentioned of bolas fear me, alternatively you can go zerker stance, fear me, balanced stance and fear me pin down with hundred blade either that, or just triple stance.

tldr : GS is just unrealistic in conquest for serious play, in stronghold perhaps.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

funny thing is most of my 1 vs 1 when my 100b is channeling my opponent doesn’t seem to care because it doesn’t even hurt them because of the 100b nerf a glass thief i barely hurt him with my 100b while my warrior is open for a burst i would love if they just remove 100b and change it with something else that we can use and not rooting us in 1 place maybe Dragon Slash a skill from GW1

in Warrior

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

Dont call it a comeback, its been here for years!

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube