Is glad's build viable?

Is glad's build viable?

in Warrior

Posted by: legenduu.4372

legenduu.4372

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vJEQNApeRnMdAdhgVhAmkCElilrA7d0WaftIBgEQqTJH06qBA-T1CCQBI4EAgv9HuiSjxoE0e6DWo6HGUFEMcIAoiyshdEAAwDAIAACgje0je0je0a0je0je0SBwkWL-w

This is Gladomer’s warrior build, if you dont know him he is a very good warrior and streams on twitch. I was wondering if this build i got from his stream any good? It seems low on power and precision.

“Thief is a balanced class” – Anet

Is glad's build viable?

in Warrior

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Glad is a very good roamer and i love watching his stream. Note that he has blood lust sigil so thats 250 extra power there with full stacks. Also he is very skilled at landing the stun followed by Hundred Blades combo to utilise the Sigil of Impact. I actually copied that build to test but im not as good as he is and couldnt utilise the sigil of impact effectively enough.

Plus im not a fan of bloodlust stacks on melee classes (I like it on my DH Longbow).

TL;DR if you are not good at landing Skull Crack/Shield Bash into Hundred blades often enough along with maintaining full bloodlust stacks then this build will feel weak. If you can you will hit like a truck.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Is glad's build viable?

in Warrior

Posted by: Potato.2567

Potato.2567

That build is completely terrible and will get demolished by any ACTUALLY good players. Rousing Resilience is a joke, once a decent player sees that you have that trait they’ll just stop using CC and kill you with condi overload. The build doesn’t have enough offensive power to make up for the terrible condi clearing. Boon Duration is useless on warrior, warrior barely uses boons other than zerker stance. Sigil of Impact is a joke, you aren’t supposed to spam Skull Crack, that only works against really bad players.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNApeRnMdAdhgVhA2dAElilqATpHE7yBIFgGQA4d0mantA-TVCHABhpPogDBwTKBJ4IA08JAAIlfA8AAaZ/h+U/JAACwNbz28mBWuyVuyVuy5m38m38m3sUA6J0C-w

If you’re having trouble with thieves take bloody roar instead of eternal champion and proc berserker while they’re in the middle of an animation and 1 shot them. Also axe is viable instead of mace. I hit 10k arc dividers regularly vs tanks. I can’t play without signet of might because it completely destroys mesmers and guards but if you want to take something else it’s your choice.

RIP Warrior

(edited by Potato.2567)

Is glad's build viable?

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikhail.4961

Mikhail.4961

Yeah, it’s fine.

Any class is easy to play, but not as easy to master. So sod off, warrior-haters.

Is glad's build viable?

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

That build is completely terrible and will get demolished by any ACTUALLY good players. Rousing Resilience is a joke, once a decent player sees that you have that trait they’ll just stop using CC and kill you with condi overload. The build doesn’t have enough offensive power to make up for the terrible condi clearing. Boon Duration is useless on warrior, warrior barely uses boons other than zerker stance. Sigil of Impact is a joke, you aren’t supposed to spam Skull Crack, that only works against really bad players.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNApeRnMdAdhgVhA2dAElilqATpHE7yBIFgGQA4d0mantA-TVCHABhpPogDBwTKBJ4IA08JAAIlfA8AAaZ/h+U/JAACwNbz28mBWuyVuyVuy5m38m38m3sUA6J0C-w

If you’re having trouble with thieves take bloody roar instead of eternal champion and proc berserker while they’re in the middle of an animation and 1 shot them. Also axe is viable instead of mace. I hit 10k arc dividers regularly vs tanks. I can’t play without signet of might because it completely destroys mesmers and guards but if you want to take something else it’s your choice.

He has 26.466 seconds of Resistance up time. In case you missed it, as I suspect you did, that is longer than the cooldown for healing signet. So actually he has. 29.0524 (near half the cooldown for berserker’s stance.) resistance up-time! do you have any idea how insane that is?

He also has, Massive Healing over time, Massive boon up time, massive damage, and not one but 4 burst heals one of which can proc another and another that is on a 10 second cool down. massive access to boons, plenty of CC, Plenty of mobility, oh, and he’s a warrior so…health. You are wrong.

In answer to OP:
Short answer, yes it is viable

Long answer, to make this build work you have to have skill, and you have to know your build and your profession backwards and forward. you also need to know have knowledge about your opponent’s weaknesses. this is not a beginner build.

Is glad's build viable?

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

“4 burst heals”?

wot?

build isn’t bad but hey vitality? just go zerker all the way – dura runes will carry. RR is fun with the HoT stunbreak-on-demand warrior. tipp from myself: sigil of cleansing & brawler’s recovery = pooRR man’s cleansing ire.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

Is glad's build viable?

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

“4 burst heals”?

wot?

build isn’t bad but hey vitality? just go zerker all the way – dura runes will carry. RR is fun with the HoT stunbreak-on-demand warrior. tipp from myself: sigil of cleansing & brawler’s recovery = pooRR man’s cleansing ire.

Every time they break a stun they get a burst of healing (not a big one but it is a burst)