Is hammer pretty worthless in PVE?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Anyone else feel like hammer is very lackluster in PVE and kind of worthless?

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

in Warrior

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Surprisingly, it has some very specific but useful uses. Soloing waves of veterans/elites which, unlike champions, don’t have defiant, for example.

But for the most part there’s no reason to PvE with anything other than GS, Axe/mace and/or longbow.

That said, I still intent to try a dungeon run with like, 3 or 4 hammer Wars or hammer AND mace warriors, just as a proof of concept, see if we can keep up more stuns/interrupts than Defiant can handle.

(edited by ProxyDamage.9826)

in Warrior

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Compared to every weapon save for mace mainhand? Yes it is.

Hammer is a control weapon (it has 5 skills counting the burst that impede on opposing forces) and more for pvp.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Surprisingly, it has some very specific but useful uses. Soloing waves of veterans/elites which, unlike champions, don’t have defiant, for example.

But for the most part there’s no reason to PvE with anything other than GS, Axe/mace and/or longbow.

That said, I still intent to try a dungeon run with like, 3 or 4 hammer Wars or hammer AND mace warriors, just as a proof of concept, see if we can keep up more stuns/interrupts than Defiant can handle.

^^ Pretty much this.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: karmaepsilon.2894

karmaepsilon.2894

Yeah PvE I never switch from my Greatsword outside of when I’m in a personal story instance with mobs and switch for a Burst or to jam #4 for a clear.
I used to use a Longbow as a secondary but GS has gotten so nuts on my character I ended up not using the Longbow for the entire 70-80 stretch and past PvE so I just ditched it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Flintbrow.7985

Flintbrow.7985

I’ll have to disagree unless you are champ farming or something. I love being able to disrupt the kitten out of large groups and then flip to GS and melt their faces off. Added bonus if your Asura…earthshaker just looks bad-kitten as do all of their animations.

Neenu Waffler-Warrior for what once was the Toast-

in Warrior

Posted by: NagaPrince.2860

NagaPrince.2860

honestly the hammer is great, but the GS and Axe are so good that it makes the hammer obsolete. The hammer with those same skills and damage on any other class would seem awesome

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Yes. Hammer is near worthless. Before the politically motivated nerf to hammer because of the hate it was receiving in spvp, hammer was ok at best, clunky at worst..it is now near worthless unless your getting swamped and other people can do the damage. Put it beside spirit sword/hammer weapons and mesmer scepter on the PvE shelf of skills that never get used.

in Warrior

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Hammer is awesome in PvE. Awesome cc and hit like truck.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Warrior

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Axe hits almost as much hammer does but it has a faster attack rate giving you more dps. Not to mention that many of the axe traits are in the traits you’d be going for in power to increase your damage output even further.

Hammer like I said before is more of a pvp weapon.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Axe hits almost as much hammer does but it has a faster attack rate giving you more dps. Not to mention that many of the axe traits are in the traits you’d be going for in power to increase your damage output even further.

Hammer like I said before is more of a pvp weapon.

It’s great for taking hordes of trash mobs though but very lack luster for anything else PvE.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Hordes of trash I prefer to just kill them faster as a 5 target cap cc isn’t as effective as killing 5 enemies in the same time. Most use I get out of hammer in pve would be the few vets that for some reason are way stronger than normal vets. Remember not to spam interrupts and to actually read animations.