Is it brain dead as people make it out?

in Warrior

Posted by: Namica.2951

Namica.2951

Was wondering this. People often make fun of Warrior for being an “easy” class to play and master. But I fail to see how it’s any easier than most others: engineer kit swapping is simple, elem attunements is typically switching for a singular skill, rather than a wide swath of five, rangers literally just need to auto attack all day etc…

So, is it really a simple class, or are people just mad because they currently hold the chalice of most group viable.

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Was wondering this. People often make fun of Warrior for being an “easy” class to play and master. But I fail to see how it’s any easier than most others: engineer kit swapping is simple, elem attunements is typically switching for a singular skill, rather than a wide swath of five, rangers literally just need to auto attack all day etc…

So, is it really a simple class, or are people just mad because they currently hold the chalice of most group viable.

I would say in PvE its rather easy.

But to be really good at PvP theres a lot of nuances you have to learn about the game in general to be absolutely successful. Until then it feels under powered.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Posted by: Phate.4871

Phate.4871

I would say in PvE its rather easy.

But to be really good at PvP theres a lot of nuances you have to learn about the game in general to be absolutely successful. Until then it feels under powered.

Aside from the fact that Defektive is a warrior god, he is right. Note that nearly any class is good at open world PVE and warriors have it pretty easy, with such a wide array of weapons to choose from, we can fill many forms. Dungeons are easy mode for finding a dungeon and for playing, with maybe the exception of arah, which can be challenging. WvW and in PVP conditions hurt us badly. They arent as much easy or hard, its a transition from 100 blades on every trash to breaking off to different builds and tactics, and learning that just because you can faceroll open world does not mean you are invincible. WvW zergs can teach you that as you wonder why your unkillable status went to paper and you learn that a blind GS 3 skill will not be enough to put a dent in.

FA warrior and mesmer.

in Warrior

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

I agree with Defektive, it will take some practice to get up to standard. Warrior is in a good spot right now in PvP. It used to be down right frustrating to play. Every class is brain dead in PvE, there is no challenge there, in my opinion.

Ignore Fenrir. He thinks Warrior is still terrible, when in fact he just needs to L2P. Warrior are not free kills. I win most 1 v 1s, and I can escape if things get rough. Usually if I die or didn’t help my team as well as i could have, it’s because of how i played, not the class.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lippuringo.1742

Lippuringo.1742

I think there’re 2 things about PvP: Class abilities and Critical thinking.

Class abilities means is how hard to learn all possible ability combinations to take maximum from your class for current build.
Critical thinking is about learning other classes, their possiblities and how to counter them.

From class abilities point Warrior really easy class to learn, since there is not that much really usefull skill for offensive role, and almost all main build use same skills. And no of warrior skills have anyhow hard mechanic. Hell, warrior even have only 1 combo field, so he really don’t need to learn much from combos. This is why warrior easy class.

But like any other class, from critical thinking point, to be master in offensive and defensive roles, you need to learn other classes and such things. But still, since ability point is kinda easy, class overall is easy.

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

People covered most of the PvE thoughts.

In PvP you really have to know other classes abilities on order to determine which skills to dodge and which skills to take. Other classes have more “tricks” and they make their life easier in Spvp. This also means that at a same skill level other classes usually can outperform a warrior.

Skullclamp