Is it time to let go of Tactics?

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

This is in regards to PVE of course. I think in order to take Berserker, were gonna have to let go of Tactics. With Herald giving AOE might, and all these classes stacking might now like its nobodies business (Tempest, Scrapper, Reaper, Chrono) maybe we dont need to be Might bots anymore. Maybe… maybe its just better to go full dps from now on.

dont shoot me

in Warrior

Posted by: Brawl.5178

Brawl.5178

you can give up phalanx strength but vigorous shouts and soldier runes are a still great group support so i would still take it for that. Especially since they are trying to move away from the berserker meta.

I are a warrioh

in Warrior

Posted by: Malystryx.4172

Malystryx.4172

I keep it, if two warriors in a group, one runs ps, I usually take middle / top / middle. Warhorn 4 for swiftness stacking and condition clear, warhorn 5 for might stack and condition clear, vigorous shouts for condition clear and fgj recharge time along with to the limit.

Really it’s a great trait line even without phalanx.

in Warrior

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I don’t think Tactics is going anywhere. Right now the consensus is berserker is being left at home.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Warrior

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Of course you can just not take berserker and still do fine.

Devona’s Rest

in Warrior

Posted by: Onerios.4962

Onerios.4962

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3Zj8cQtH29B2dAdIWKCMjBwDIAkEE+BPv3hbyN6C-TBBXgAAK/C1N0r+zjSQA-e

Could that work?
Always angry combined with smash brawler means that you only have to get 20 fury in the 10 seconds that it takes for berserk mode to come back up, and using a burst just before berserk mode ends should keep berserker’s power up for all bar a second before you go back into berserk mode.
You do lose out on a hefty dose of sub 50% health precision, a 5% damage modifier, some vulnerability, some bleeds, and the fury from arcing slice in exchange you put out a bit of burning, gain ferocity and a tiny bit of quickness, and maintain some fire fields. In a low fury group that’s going to put base warrior ahead every time, but if someone else is giving out fury then it is possible that the extra damage from being able to do more beserker bursts causes it to pull ahead.

Obviously that is under the assumption that PS warrior is here to stay, and it probably is if only because of Empower Allies is in the same tree. If anything changes to that trait then tactics becomes a lot less attractive.

(edited by Onerios.4962)

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Even without PS if there is only 1 warrior u should take tatics for EA. EA is about a 5%-6% dps increase per person. So pretend everyone is doing the same dps. That means a warrior would have to raise personal dps about 33% to make up for not taking EA. Fator un empower with is gonna be a 3% average dps increase it means beserker would have to increase personal dps by about 36% to be better than tatics. My math put it at about 12%-15% . Arms is actually the closer trait line to be server dps. A warrior can hold about 3-4 stacks of vuln by just having the arms trait line. Using the same logic as we did with EA puts arms about 17% for vuln, 5% from bleeding foes plus maybe another 1% for the other various traits (did not run the math on signet mastery ) so let’s just say 23% is the dps gain. That still puts it ahead of beserker at 15%. For fun let’s do strength. We get 10% for GS trait, 10% from 3rd minor trait , and 20% for GM trait. That’s 40% . So as u can see beserker trait line isn’t worth taking unless u r the second warrior. Then u can drop tatics

PS: if someone else has done the math on this and it doesn’t line up with my calculations please post what u came up with.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Remember this trait?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Empowered

This is a pretty large personal DPS increase in groups too. You’ll pretty much have swiftness, fury, might, and regen at all times and occasionally will be maintaining other boons as well such as retal, stability, quickness, protection… etc.

Also keep in mind that EA also affects the player, so that 150 power applies to the warrior providing it for allies as well.

I don’t see it worth dropping tactics. I don’t like the traitline itself and I’d prefer to not take it but it’s too good to pass up.