Is there even a reason to trait Berserker?

in Warrior

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

I know a lot of people are still running GreatAxe in sPvP and WvW and just trying to outplay/contribute as much as possible to try not to kitten over their team by playing a warrior. I don’t see Berserkers ever, and power Berserker seems like a damage downgrade that isn’t made up for in “utility.”

Is GreatAxe with Mara’s and Str/Hoelbrak runes pretty much the meta?

One foot out the door, yet again.

in Warrior

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Nope no reason. Some people are trying really hard to make this work but without buff to warr/nerf to other elite spec we are still bottom tier of elite spec.

You can make it work. But at best you will be barely equal to vanilla warrior.

Heiann – NSP

in Warrior

Posted by: Arenzo.3298

Arenzo.3298

although this conversation seems to be about pvp im pretty sure condi berserker>condi warrior in pve, so although not a reason for pvp, its a reason to trait it

in Warrior

Posted by: Onlysaneman.9612

Onlysaneman.9612

It may not, strictly speaking, be optimal in most cases, but it does have its advantages. With the amount of CC in pvp and used by many of the new mobs in HoT, I find the stability berserker can provide somewhat useful. Furthermore, it may be of help to condi builds.

in Warrior

Posted by: Simeonus.9237

Simeonus.9237

I’m running with this build and really enjoy PvE exploring but Meta(bers)zerk is better, in sPvP elite spec can’t compete with any other unless you face power rev w/o condi cleanse and somehow he won’t burst you first.

Berserker>Berserker – how ironic..

(edited by Simeonus.9237)

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I run Axe/Shield with GS, Zerker Amulet and Str/Disc/Defense.

Ruin everything up close, reflect pew rangers.

I have no reason to make my synergy horrid by trying to figure out how to incorporate Berserker line.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Warrior

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

There is a very good reason. If you want to get wrecked in pvp just slot berserker and watch the magic unravel.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in Warrior

Posted by: zeroseven.7852

zeroseven.7852

if you like flashy skills with no intention of killing anything in pvp then by all means

in Warrior

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

Only if you want to pve. If your looking to pvp with berserker good luck. Your gonna have to play like an absolute pro and or higher to win any fights.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

It makes you too squishy for nothing in return pretty much. I really feel like the utilities we got are useless and headbutt should not stun you. It feels really out of place and weak. You end up giving too much to grab berserker and berserker has nothing in it. Playing normal warrior is better than going berserker.

Everyone is doing tons of dmg with tons of utility while we are just doing the same dmg only more squishier with useless utilities. The whole combo with berserker feels like just hitting headbutt to go into berserk mode then face rolling on the keyboard. Its so stupid and braindead. We didn’t need more of this as warriors we already had enough of that.

The utilities need to be redone into useful things. Don’t gate berserk mode to adrenaline. Give it its own meter that doesn’t deplete unless out of combat. Let us go in and out of it like necro death shroud. It should give us 5 new skills for the 1-5 like druid. It could include useful things for us that we really need like an aoe pull or even a single target pull. Let the current utilities function like they do currently when you enter the above given berserk mode. While you are out of berserk mode these utilities act different like druids glyphs.

My mind is a big mumble jumble right now but I dont see me ever using any of the new utilities on a real build except headbutt maybe. Even headbutt is iffy because of the random stun.

Warrior feels like its so cruthed upon passives atm and thats really boring and skilless. The class atm is really mindless and just feels worse than it ever did compared to other classes.

in Warrior

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

The main problem warrior has is that other class bring much more versatility while still dealing tremendous damage. Warriors are pretty much forced into using certain traits if they want to run a good build in PvP or WvW.

A good start would be halfing the rate adrenaline declines and giving warriors some default buff when adrenaline is used rather then making it dependent on traits.