Is warrior really that simple?

in Warrior

Posted by: Izamar.4260

Izamar.4260

Hey there, I always liked the concept of a warrior, but I´ve read that the warrior in this game is pretty simple. Is that true? Or is there alot of complexity waiting? I really like meelee but i want to be challenged too, i would appreciate every answer.
And if you don´t recommend this class what class do you enjoy most?

in Warrior

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

Yeah playing this class for a long time know for a fact that it is not simple when you face other similar skilled players, on the other hand people that says is simple is because they just started this class and are PvPing other noobs.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Warrior is arguably the most forgiving of the classes which makes it arguably the simplest to play. Likewise, while there is a huge number of options (weapons) to take, there are relatively few skills you have.

The most challenging class to play is probably the engineer in terms of skill cap which is a direct result of having so many skills (kits replace weapons with 5 skills PLUS a toolbelt skill). It is absolutely insane in terms of the number of options/buttons.

Other challenging classes are Ele (though you tend to stay in one attunement longer so while you have lots of potential skills, you are not swapping as fast) and thief.

For pure challenge, the engie is probably the best. For getting to know a new game, the warrior is the simplest/most forgiving.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ragnar.1546

Ragnar.1546

I’d say Warrior isn’t complex. Once you get your build and weapon rotations down that you like it becomes repetitive. I will say that I have a level 80 Warrior and while the Engi is more complex I found it boring as hell. So complexity doesn’t always equate to more fun.

I play my Warrior more as a power tank, then I’ve got a power/crit melee ranger which is completely different from my War and very active in playstyle. So there are more options than just Warrior for melee classes I’d say try them all. But you can’t go wrong on Warrior especially in PVE.

in Warrior

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Warrior is arguably the most forgiving of the classes which makes it arguably the simplest to play. Likewise, while there is a huge number of options (weapons) to take, there are relatively few skills you have.

The most challenging class to play is probably the engineer in terms of skill cap which is a direct result of having so many skills (kits replace weapons with 5 skills PLUS a toolbelt skill). It is absolutely insane in terms of the number of options/buttons.

Other challenging classes are Ele (though you tend to stay in one attunement longer so while you have lots of potential skills, you are not swapping as fast) and thief.

For pure challenge, the engie is probably the best. For getting to know a new game, the warrior is the simplest/most forgiving.

If pressing a button to swap kits every 10-20 seconds while AFKing at range is considered hard, then playing a melee class that has to press buttons to use skills must be, like, impossible.

Axe warrior is pretty easy since he just needs to AFK and auto-attack while tapping Cyclone Axe at the end of each axe chain. GS warrior is super hard mode because you have to space your WWAs and Bladetrails for max damage while timing Hundred Blades so it goes off cooldown between boss OHKOs so you don’t have to delay or interrupt it and lose DPS. I’d say that’s much harder than pressing a few buttons on your keyboard every few seconds or so.

in Warrior

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

From a pvp perspective, just play whatever class that appeals to you. As multi class user, I played warrior since beta and that’s just who I am. I can play any other class but I always go back to it. As for it being more simple? It all depends on your opponents really. I find playing ele, engi, theif or Mesmer really easy as well even though they are considered the “high skill cap classes”. It’s all just a different play style really. More buttons doesn’t mean more skill in my opinion.

Säïnt

in Warrior

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

If pressing a button to swap kits every 10-20 seconds while AFKing at range is considered hard, then playing a melee class that has to press buttons to use skills must be, like, impossible.

Someone must’ve not tried the 4kit engi build.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Warrior

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Someone must’ve not tried the 4kit engi build.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Warrior

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

The class mechanic (adrenaline) is pretty simple, in fact warriors can ignore it completely and still benefit from it if they pick the right traits.

in Warrior

SaintSnow.6593

From a pvp perspective, just play whatever class that appeals to you. As multi class user, I played warrior since beta and that’s just who I am. I can play any other class but I always go back to it. As for it being more simple? It all depends on your opponents really. I find playing ele, engi, theif or Mesmer really easy as well even though they are considered the “high skill cap classes”. It’s all just a different play style really. More buttons doesn’t mean more skill in my opinion.

Its not the buttons but the passive mechanics.

Elementalist is the highest skillcap because the defenses come from active play and the damage is hard to land. You can’t spam autoattacks and AoE on ele.

Second one is thief, assuming we are talking about spvp meta builds and not some random trash with 30 pts in shadow arts. Basically thief is extremely squishy and can’t take many hits.

Engi and mesmer come close but they have a lot of passive damage from the AI or AoE spam.

The other classes are easy because they have either a lot of passive defenses or passive damage or even both > spirit ranger , MM necro…

So it’s not the buttons.

I didn’t say it was the buttons..
I find all the classes I mentioned easy to play. Regardless of their passive mechanics. Spamming anything is poor play regardless of class, warriors still need active play both offensive and defensive. Killing them isn’t difficult since many still have that spamming mentality. Currently due to ele buffs and rune buffs ele is even easier and back to its old glory days from late 2012. So they have many passive defensives again. Skill cap is personal opinion, I find everything only skillful if played well. Hence why I find all these classes fairly easy to play.

Säïnt

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Warrior is very easy to learn, bit harder to master. The real challenge comes when you face other players of similar skill, on different classes. They will have far superior mechanics and options available to them to defeat you, thus timing and movement become very important for the warrior.

You do have incredible mobility, which allows for more errors. Warrior is, however, not even close to being the most forgiving class out there.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

tbh if you want a challenge as melee play guardian or thief,
warrior is the easiest profession of all 8 to play.

they have a very low skill arc but also probably the lowest skill ceiling of all classes,
played 24/7 you can do more by mastering other classes.

general rule of thumb:
a bad warrior will beat a good [enter other class].
an excellent [enter other class] will beat an excellent warrior.

(edited by Liewec.2896)

in Warrior

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

It can.be.simple if you use.most every ones.builds,
But it can be verry active and intense at the same time. A while back some one posted a sword/warhorn bow build, focused on stances for.vigor high endurance regen.
That guy.had mad skill dodges all over the.map, but.he was.verry.skilled timed everything perfict

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

they have a very low skill arc but also probably the lowest skill ceiling of all classes,

general rule of thumb:

You probably misspelled a bad warrior kills any other bad" insert class here"
And when skill is equal its about 50/50. Warrior is strong in low and high level tiers.
If warrior was only a “noob killer” class then top teams would not run double warrior.

Do i have to quote sizer again, any class played on a proper level will beat a hambow, i thought it’s quite common knowledge already. while beating a hambow doesnt mean it’s better for team oriented set up then a hambow, also sizer and his team specially mentioned that on paper, their team comp would beat NA champion comp. and NA champion also mentioned that they are afraid of EU champion comp.

trolling in dueling room is not the way to invest in pvp area, lol.

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I would call straight forward rather than simple. There is no gimmicky mechanic, fancy spells or AI management. Easy enough to pick and do well against nubs by mashing your keyboard but once you start facing skilled opponents you really have to pay attention to their CDs and animations (cause they aren’t as obvious as yours). It relies more on reflex action and knowing your enemy than complex skill combos.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

It’s straight forward. Instead of using 3 skills to do something you have one, but in return it’s much slower and more animated. This in return means that not only is it harder to land specific skills but if you should miss, all the worth of those 3 skills is gone, where on for example an engi you could use your first and see that it’s not going your way and cancel and still have the last 2 skills off CD for use when you want it.

For example a stun, damage and blast skill(earthshaker) could be 4 different skills on an engi, I.E. you put a firefield, blast it, stun them and then damage them with 4 different skills. The downside of having so many skills is that it takes time to master them to do it quick in the right order and on the right time, but should you use your first skills and miss it you could still land your other skills, where a warrior would have missed all of them at once.

I think that is why Anet has made them a bit more forgiving than other classes. BUT that said I think missing a big skill like that I’m talking about should be more devastating. I think HS should be nerfed by 50% and the active upped to 8K, I’d still use it. Either that, or start putting longer CDs on skills so the passive effects just doesn’t take care of your mistake. I think the healthpool is big but not too big. If one of these things stated above would be done, the healthpool would be accurate.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

I would say yes it is the most simple to a point, much of your defense is quite passive which means compared to other classes its quite a bit easier to do reasonably well on it without knowing very much about the finer points of play. However the same things that make it easy to start on make it very hard to do truly well on.

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

in Warrior

Posted by: CyanideRayne.2413

CyanideRayne.2413

Saying ranger is as simple as warrior is hilarious, yea maybe if you got hur dur longbow/gs but play as a melee based ranger gs/s/d/a then try and pvp vs anyone that isn’t a total noob. It becomes knowing when to time your evades, when to interrupt what having to micro your pet as well. Ranger isn’t simple and Mesmer isn’t high skill cap it’s so backwards it’s hilarious. But granted I think everyone at Anet plays a mesmer so they won’t get nerfed anytime this century.

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

general rule of thumb:

And when skill is equal its about 50/50. Warrior is strong in low and high level tiers.
If warrior was only a “noob killer” class then top teams would not run double warrior.

Do i have to quote sizer again, any class played on a proper level will beat a hambow, i thought it’s quite common knowledge already. while beating a hambow doesnt mean it’s better for team oriented set up then a hambow, also sizer and his team specially mentioned that on paper, their team comp would beat NA champion comp. and NA champion also mentioned that they are afraid of EU champion comp.

trolling in dueling room is not the way to invest in pvp area, lol.

They are not afraid of that comp. Apex plays on 3 points do you really think the crap mesmer portal will help ? They said they are afraid because they didn’t want to look like " Oh we are pro , nothing can beat us "

And Sizer’s team was also running double warrior before the ToL in the ESL weekly cups. Watch cheese mode vs 55 HP monks. Both teams run double warrior when they fight each other.

And about hambow , its 50/50 a well played warrior vs any other class its always 50/50 there’s no such thing as beating something all the time.

And Sizer is Sizer, it is the best thief in the game of course he can beat everything.

Just had to react.

Both a few engi and thief builds (maybe other classes have aswel) can 100% shut down hambow warriors. And you have to screw up really bad on those builds to lose. A hambow warrior can 100% shut down and condi necro aswel with the right build. No matter how bad you play. There really is such a thing as beating something all the time.

Double warrior has been said multiple times to not be the best team comp in tPvP. Warrior just doesn’t pull through in high competitive play. The only advantage they have is that they are strong on point, but as soon as there is a kiting opportunity, they are absolute kitten.

To answer the OP, a warrior is as simple or complex as you make them. There are tons of cool hidden tricks with the warrior that could greatly enhance your damage output. They are often called simple as it doesn’t take long to perform well on this class. But to perform as the best, they are actually quite hard. You really have to plan your moves and force your enemies dodge rolls/evades/blocks before you can burst. They definitely are lacking in the dueling aspect aswel in WvW, you got a few 1 trick pony builds that do good, but miss and you are probably dead. The problem with the warrior is that they are really telegraphed and you need to set up a burst in order to kill something.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Posted by: Izamar.4260

Izamar.4260

So does the warrior offer some long time fun and motivation to keep getting better and better?

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

So does the warrior offer some long time fun and motivation to keep getting better and better?

Have 4000 hours logged on mine.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

It depends on what you do. If you solo dungeons or PvP, there’s always motivation to get better. That’s for any class.

For normal PvE, not really. Warrior is a very easy class to play by design and has very high survivability, and there isn’t really much decision making when you use a skill. That results in a class which never really pushes you to do better and is very easy to master.

If you play thief then try warrior, you’ll feel like you just turned godmode on.

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

It depends on what you do. If you solo dungeons or PvP, there’s always motivation to get better. That’s for any class.

For normal PvE, not really. Warrior is a very easy class to play by design and has very high survivability, and there isn’t really much decision making when you use a skill. That results in a class which never really pushes you to do better and is very easy to master.

If you play thief then try warrior, you’ll feel like you just turned godmode on.

I find it the other way around xd. My friend always logs his thief when he gets killed on any class to kill that guy. Just because in 1on1s thief is godmode.

But I got 3000+ hours clocked in WvW and around 800 in sPvP/tPvP and PvE on my warrior. Still love em and recently lvled a new one.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I find it the other way around xd. My friend always logs his thief when he gets killed on any class to kill that guy. Just because in 1on1s thief is godmode.

But I got 3000+ hours clocked in WvW and around 800 in sPvP/tPvP and PvE on my warrior. Still love em and recently lvled a new one.

The last bit was aimed at PvE. Although with my limited experience at PvP, I find warriors a lot easy to play. Maybe it’s because I don’t go and reset fights as a thief because I think it’s just dishonorable: if you got me beaten to the extent where I need to reset a fight, you’ve bested me and deserve the kill.

in Warrior

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

general rule of thumb:

i stand by what i said, any noob can play warrior and beat good players, but warriors don’t have the mastery levels that ele/engi/thief have.
warrior is the easiest class and with that comes immense power in the lower/medium pvp brackets, but pro egi/theif/eles will have no trouble with warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Yea sure ranger takes skill … Are we playing the same game? Condi ranger = 1111 spam with short bow while having passive buffs from spirits

Power ranger= spam immobilize and pew pew from 1200 range with longbow

And if you’re playing S/D + GS then its your fault for using such a bad build.

Much bearbow such skill

Yea, shortbow is like that. But most good rangers run axe/dagger sword/torch which is far from spamming the 1 button. It actually takes skill to use that weapon set combination to get efficient condi damage off.

Warrior is easy and thief is easy in low to mid tier and even high tier. There’s more of a learning curve with thief than there is warrior though once you dive into top tier, but most of the knowledge derives from map knowledge and positioning moreso than the class itself. They’re both generally really easy in this meta because strength runes and air/fire sigil pairing exist. Let’s be honest too, spamming evades is just as easy as pressing the 1 button if you know what your teammate can do.

Quit trying to make it out like thief is a hard class to play. Trying to put thief on a pedestal when that kitten is beyond easy to play generally. If you’re talking about top tier then that’s a different story but newsflash, every class is hard to play in top tier, you need to be good with any class to play in top tier going against top teams like apex – YES, EVEN RANGER. But you wouldn’t know that, you just spend your time in solo que farming champ titles and haven’t spent one ounce of time in top tier team que on a top tier team so how can anybody in here even take your opinion seriously in the 1st place?

If you’re talking about a 1on1 sense then if you think 20066 (meta now and only a few run 26006 still like caed) is difficult to play other than fighting against say a condi engi (which is a complete counter and most run rifle celestial now anyway), then I’m sorry but you need to really get good at this game and learn other classes more and expand your horizon a bit.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Hey there, I always liked the concept of a warrior, but I´ve read that the warrior in this game is pretty simple. Is that true? Or is there alot of complexity waiting? I really like meelee but i want to be challenged too, i would appreciate every answer.

equip Axe/Warhorn + Axe/Shield, Cleric Amulet, Runes of the Grove, traits: 2/0/6/6/0, sigil of water, sigil of renewal, pick a point and stay on it while auto-attacking foes, when down in health simply dodge, shield stance etc. so your healing signet can heal you up to decent hp.
I play Warrior when I’m sleepy or tired since it doesn’t require me to play like a beast to get good rewards.
Warrior might be easy to play at times but that doesn’t go for all builds. Condi-warrior does take practice and skill to pull off. Zerker Warrior is only effective if you use your dodges and stances sparingly and as a counter, no spamming.
If you don’t find that enough of a challenge try zerker quickness one-handed sword ranger. It roots you in place while attacking, you can’t dodge, stomp, rez, or use healing/utility skills while auto-attacking unless you know the exact moment at which you can break the rooting.

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

I main an warrior, but actually i am leveling pvp with elementalist to get magus and champion magus achievement. After i ll switch to thief
For experience i can say that elementalist is more fun to play that warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

They killed Warriors complexity to be honest. At least the decision making complexity when they added Berserker Stance.

Essentially that’s what ANET does, they kill high skill cap and lower the skill floor even more. Warrior took so much more skill before the Berserker Stance update and when the Frenzy meta was still around.

in Warrior

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

Warrior is just as simple as guardian , ranger and necro. If you want something “challenging” play Ele , thief or shatter mesmer.

Warrior is still fun even if its easy play. Challenging dosent mean fun, like shatter mesmer is hard to play but it’s boring.

So play what you enjoy.

I’ve mained an Elementalist and a Warrior since the 1st beta event. I build them both to be effective, but mainly hard to play. I can say for sure that once you’ve grasped both professions (and are rolling a build as described), the Elementalist is a lot easier to play; It’s all a matter of cycling through skills in different orders, while in the Warrior’s case, it’s much more a matter of timing the correct skills in order to stay effective w/o dying on the spot.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in Warrior

Posted by: Alaryk.6310

Alaryk.6310

Every class is simple thats what makes GW2 so fun to play, all you have to know is what button to press at what time that its needed, simple right? To see how easy it is to play a warrior here watch and learn.

in Warrior

Posted by: unicorngirl.1487

unicorngirl.1487

Its not the buttons but the passive mechanics.

Elementalist is the highest skillcap because the defenses come from active play and the damage is hard to land. You can’t spam autoattacks and AoE on ele.

Second one is thief, assuming we are talking about spvp meta builds and not some random trash with 30 pts in shadow arts. Basically thief is extremely squishy and can’t take many hits.

Engi and mesmer come close but they have a lot of passive damage from the AI or AoE spam.

The other classes are easy because they have either a lot of passive defenses or passive damage or even both > spirit ranger , MM necro…

So it’s not the buttons.

“Random trash with 30 points in shadow arts” seriously?

I’d say the guy running around in WvW as a full zerker thief with no points in SA is the bigger noob.

in Warrior

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

i stand by what i said, any noob can play warrior and beat good players, but warriors don’t have the mastery levels that ele/engi/thief have.
warrior is the easiest class and with that comes immense power in the lower/medium pvp brackets, but pro egi/theif/eles will have no trouble with warriors.

+dps guard

And average warrior can literally get 100-0

Phaatonn, London UK

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Warrior has a very low skill floor but remains medium/high-ish on skill ceiling. The problem that floats around warriors is that the skill ceiling is cut short because the activation timing on skills plus animation times (ANet’s more recent skill activation time nerfs don’t help this) impedes the Warrior to have a reactive playstyle besides a rare couple of abilities here and there (read: every other class has more options offensively and/or defensively in combat) in all forms of gameplay.

When players talk about Warriors being lower skilled, it is not lower skill level per se of the player as much as the Warrior class just has far greater passive defense whereas every other class has far more active defense (READ: all other classes can be far more engaging). Warrior has far more “at x health, gain y” or “under x condition” or “remove x condition when using y” or “gain a passive x” traits over any other class and these automatic traits greatly affect builds (because there are no other Warrior options) which is why it appears lower skill.

That being said, play want you want. There is a reason so many players play a Warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

I’ve mained an Elementalist and a Warrior since the 1st beta event. I build them both to be effective, but mainly hard to play. I can say for sure that once you’ve grasped both professions (and are rolling a build as described), the Elementalist is a lot easier to play; It’s all a matter of cycling through skills in different orders, while in the Warrior’s case, it’s much more a matter of timing the correct skills in order to stay effective w/o dying on the spot.

This is funny, I totally agree on your experience. This is the same story for me as well. Few people can use the exact skill at the exact most optimal moment. Usually with elementalist is that you have a few sets of rotation that you do. However as a warrior, timing, comboing, canceling, and the ability to bait dodges becomes more of a center stage of play.

To give a extremely simplfied example:
A does 100 damage with 10 hits, and B does 100 damage with 1 hits. Which one is simpler? Well A has to use 10 attacks and B use only 1 attack. But if the target avoid a few hits from A, no big deal, A can just continue to use more attacks, as some will hit. But if the target avoid a hit from B, B is screwed. So what B has to do is try to his best to make sure the target does not or cannot avoid the hit.

In the case of low skill players, they are targets never avoid hits. So B is easier by far.

This is exactly the reason I find elementalist boring to play.

(edited by bigmonto.4215)

in Warrior

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

This is funny, I totally agree on your experience. This is the same story for me as well. Few people can use the exact skill at the exact most optimal moment. Usually with elementalist is that you have a few sets of rotation that you do. However as a warrior, timing, comboing, canceling, and the ability to bait dodges becomes more of a center stage of play.

To give a extremely simplfied example:
A does 100 damage with 10 hits, and B does 100 damage with 1 hits. Which one is simpler? Well A has to use 10 attacks and B use only 1 attack. But if the target avoid a few hits from A, no big deal, A can just continue to use more attacks, as some will hit. But if the target avoid a hit from B, B is screwed. So what B has to do is try to his best to make sure the target does not or cannot avoid the hit.

In the case of low skill players, they are targets never avoid hits. So B is easier by far.

This is exactly the reason I find elementalist boring to play.

I have the same experience tho, agree everything above except…

Ele is also fun to me. I had 2 ele and 2 warrior, both ele able to reach lv80 while my 2nd warrior stopped at lv40 and is waiting for the sentence of death. Especially my 2nd ele is created after 15/4 patch where he has to learn his trait on the hard way. Still managed to cut through contents, unlocked his desired traits along his leveling, i am happy with both my warrior and ele.

in Warrior

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

Warrior is a simple class. Like all games, there is a class easy to handle and let beginners get to feel the game in PvE.

Mastering warrior is easier compared to all other classes.

With that being said. Warrior have a very low skill cap. A noob warrior can easily defeat all other noob classes. A crazy good warrior cannot defeat all other crazy good classes. While the average warrior have an even odds with average other classes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

Warrior is a simple class. Like all games, there is a class easy to handle and let beginners get to feel the game in PvE.

Mastering warrior is easier compared to all other classes.

With that being said. Warrior have a very low skill cap. A noob warrior can easily defeat all other noob classes. A crazy good warrior cannot defeat all other crazy good classes. While the average warrior have an even odds with average other classes.

Mastering sounds like you know all the tricks and stuff about warrior. Every possible weapon combo with every possible sigil combo etc etc :P

Anyways, yes it’s true that warrior is easier to pick up and go. It’s rather simple class to play. You hit stuff and let the stuff hit back, you will pretty much outlive your target.

But in PvP the better the enemy is at evading and reading, the worse the warrior is. Just simply evading couple of the heavy hitters of warrior can screw him over so badly. So countering a warrior is not that much about counter-build or stuff like that, it’s more about reading the warrior itself and using your evades right.

Saying warrior is really easy to play, just press 1-2-3 is wrong. It is about pressing 1-2-3, but the magic behind pressing them is the good timing and execution of pressing them.

For example, you don’t want to use your 3 hard-CC skills on your hammer right after another. Sure, it’s good controlling and the enemy is disabled for a good long time, but with right execution and timing you will control him longer and giving more time for you Healing Signet and other passives to kick in and do their half of the bargain in your build.

Anyhow, without writing any longer wall of text: Everyone keeps over simplifying warrior. It’s easy to pick up and go but it has it’s own tricks to learn and practice.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in Warrior

Posted by: Syhnz.4928

Syhnz.4928

Yes Warrior is the most simple to pick up and play, but imo the warrior is the hardest to master, here is my reasoning behind this.

Yes we can go full Zerk and be tanky, yes we have skills that can destroy anything stupid enough to be hit by them…but

we have this much beef cause we are the only class with no reliable protection, our skills can be spotted from miles away, so yes a bad warrior will most off the time win against bad/below average player’s with no effort, the Average warrior will lose to the Average player…but the player who mastered the warrior will Win most if not ALL off his fight’s that’s just what the warrior does…

so in short if you want to enjoy destroying random dudes who don’t kno how dodge key’s work…you will love warrior…but until u master it…Prepare Your kitten cause it will be used reused and abused a WHOLE lot :P but when u reach the peek off your game…follow these steps

1.Fraps = on
2.go in WVW ask if any baller dude is wrecking faces somewhere
3. proceed to finding your prey
4. Fight to the death

u can skip 1 to 3 if you wish and just go to Fighting random people to the death aswell

in Warrior

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

Yes.

/15characters

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in Warrior

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

True Story.
I played 4-Kit engi since Beta. Its most of the time a very reactionary class because youre always busy managing CDs, heals and the micromanagement of alot skills, combo rotations, blocks, combo effects im also certain to get the most of it out, you have to invest in special hardware, the razer naga.

After you mastered that, everything else feels booring, even ele.

Sadly Warrior is just too effective in everything without much effort.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Warrior is simple but you dont have luxuries other classes do. I mean we got plenty of stability and endure pain but basic things like that only take you so far. Warrior is easy to play but harder to master as some have said. There are boundaries you cant cross on warrior that can be crossed on other classes. As a warrior you are there and you either die, kill, or run. But if you mess up you don’t have many things to fall back on like other classes so it can be unforgiving when playing against higher skilled opponents. Against noobs well if you mess up it wont matter you will still kill them if you are decent just with any other class. Warrior is only good for dmg but you aren’t gona be doing serious dmg unless you use utilities to set up your heavy hitting things. But since the balance has changed most warriors now day run sissy builds that don’t have bursts and just involve sustain dps with high survivability that doesn’t need much looking into( idk why those ppl just make a guard already if they want to play like that).

Also while engi is the hardest class to master because of so many skill. Its also the easier to play since some builds let you spam same skill chain with lots of things to fall back on.

in Warrior

Posted by: Celeste Lightblade.9253

Celeste Lightblade.9253

Playing a warrior on average level is easy and easier compared to other classes. However… Optimizing your dps, using proper rotations and know what you have to do at every boss is what truly makes you a good warrior.
Mastering a class is always difficult – warrior is no exception.
^
Regarding PvE

Raphael Van Dona
Member of Snow Crows [SC]

(edited by Celeste Lightblade.9253)

in Warrior

Posted by: HellionOfEvil.7963

HellionOfEvil.7963

There are several warrior builds that serve different purposes in various game styles just like any of the other classes. As far as being simple to play I would disagree with that statement and would also disagree if it was made about any other classes too.

The complexity of learning a new class is always going to be there but I don’t think the warrior has any more challenges then my other classes I play.

When it comes to melee the warrior is made for it, however you will find that most battles are against ranged caster type classes who kite and cast huge AoE damage and conditions not to mention the minions, clones and pets you have to avoid to finally get a poke at some of them. The amount of healing, dodging and conditional removal skills you have to have on a warrior to be competitive will keep you very challenged.

I highly recommend playing a warrior as it teaches you the basics of the game and is highly rewarding when played right. Not to mention that everyone loves the support you offer with shouts and other skills that benefit the party and players around you.

The Hellion Of Evil – Fort Aspenwood – Guild Leader[NoR]

in Warrior

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

OP there will be enough challenge to it that you can faceroll early and as you move up the ranks lose to players/teams that know your mechanics and simply out skill you.

Warrior is taken in top teams but not 5 of them so other classes do bring stuff to the table and if you 1 v 1 the best warrior in the game as a warrior he/she will beat you 10/10 due to skill. No top tier team will take you just because your class is warrior there is skill involved.

…and yes someone will come and say X class is easy..they say it about all classes. Easy doesn’t mean a lack of skill. Again if that was the case any warrior could be on a top team just by selecting the class.

in Warrior

SaintSnow.6593

Yes it’s easy now from all the buffs over the year that it doesn’t take too much to succeed against inexperienced players if your running meta builds. But against top rated players, it’s just as difficult as anything else and you actually have to be good with the class. I made a ranger for the first time ever the other day and I was still able to succeed against randoms in hot join with some random build I threw together. But that’s probably only due to the fact that I only pvp.

Säïnt

in Warrior

Posted by: Razputin.4892

Razputin.4892

Yes it’s easy now from all the buffs over the year that it doesn’t take too much to succeed against inexperienced players if your running meta builds. But against top rated players, it’s just as difficult as anything else and you actually have to be good with the class. I made a ranger for the first time ever the other day and I was still able to succeed against randoms in hot join with some random build I threw together. But that’s probably only due to the fact that I only pvp.

Just as difficult in terms of performance (i.e neither classes becomes gods when played to their cap), but imo it still takes alot more magic to do so on ex. a 3-kit engi. Class complexity will always be an overhead that takes attention away from your primary focus, the opponent. And thats bad.

As for the average players (which is the majority), the difference is major. Most warriors will do well, while a poorly played engi is almost completely useless.